Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 01:45:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 1141 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless Conversation  (Read 3437209 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #30170 on: October 20, 2014, 09:06:25 AM

Elena is the same.  I swear to God, if I have to watch the Birthday Train Episode one more time I'm going to fucking lose it.

And she doesn't like Rebels, so I can't even find out if it's any cop.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #30171 on: October 20, 2014, 09:06:56 AM

I did make a simple syrup for the Cream Soda, I just found that it didn't want to difuse through the water very well. I ended up with vanilla water in the top half of the bottle and sicky sweet in the bottom half.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #30172 on: October 20, 2014, 11:13:06 AM

No answers on the syrup issue.

We've been on a Adventure Time break, presumably no new episodes.  Filling the time with Gumball, Clarence, Teen Titans Go.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #30173 on: October 20, 2014, 11:33:18 AM

No answers on the syrup issue.

We've been on a Adventure Time break, presumably no new episodes.  Filling the time with Gumball, Clarence, Teen Titans Go.

How does Clarence not make you want to stab out your eyes and eardrums with a shrimp fork?  I've tried watching it on multiple occasions, but it just grates in the worst way.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #30174 on: October 20, 2014, 12:14:35 PM

Nothing but Hate for Clarence.

I introduced him to Chowder instead. Much love for that show, I wish it had run longer.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #30175 on: October 20, 2014, 12:35:11 PM

I guess I just like laughing at retarded kids.

Edit to say that I am also fascinated by a cartoon which features poor white trash kids but acts as if the cast and setting are perfectly normal.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:37:08 PM by Yegolev »

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #30176 on: October 20, 2014, 01:02:25 PM

If you guys want something to laugh at me about: I sneezed last night and - based on the intense stabbing pain - believe I tore a muscle in my side.  I'm going to blame my Destiny performance on this for several days.  Unless there's something awful inside my torso now, in which case maybe only one or two days.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #30177 on: October 20, 2014, 01:12:56 PM

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #30178 on: October 20, 2014, 01:18:08 PM

Elena is the same.  I swear to God, if I have to watch the Birthday Train Episode one more time I'm going to fucking lose it.

I just saw the first double episode.  I liked Clone Wars for the most part, but this is instantly way better, IMO.  I am a little surprised how much I liked it.  I'm afraid to gush too much over it, for fear of being the only one.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #30179 on: October 20, 2014, 01:25:59 PM

I've only caught the movie so far.  I missed the 2nd episode and I can't recall why.. I was watching something else while the son was watching it. I enjoyed the movie at least.

The thing I can't get over laughing at every time I see it is the alien, though.  That's what Wookiees were originally supposed to look like in one of the early scripts for Star Wars.  Han was a space General Luke & Leia's father and Luke was abducted by a planet of cat-men called Wookiees.  The story was about rescuing Luke & the war around that. At least that's what I remember from one of the "Making of" books I had pre-Jedi.  (A McQuarrie sketch shows all this.)

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/356769601703499173/

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #30180 on: October 20, 2014, 09:06:15 PM

I'm liking Rebels so far.  It's also nice we're getting people to focus on who aren't core to one of the trilogies.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #30181 on: October 21, 2014, 01:38:51 AM

I wanted to check out the latest Advanced Warfare trailer if there was one, so I popped onto Google Video and went to the first Youtube hit, which was E3 2014 Gameplay on someone's channel named Ali A. It looked like a Youtube personality using a selfie-cam do to his recording. 4.7 million subscribers. Whatever.

But then I realized what he had done -- he rebroadcast the official feed from E3 (as his content) then rebroadcast it a second time with his commentary. He's the #1 Google Result. 3 million hits.

Fuck that. It got me thinking of Gamergate and "Enthusiast press." Anything for a damn page hit, right? Sometimes I feel like an idiot because I wouldn't engage in such practices on principle, while others rake in the cash.

I think I'll keep it to TotalBiscuit, at least he puts out original content.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #30182 on: October 21, 2014, 07:20:19 AM

Well, do you want money or principles?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #30183 on: October 21, 2014, 07:24:23 AM

Do what I did and go for both.

You end up with neither.

why so serious?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #30184 on: October 21, 2014, 07:26:28 AM

I just saw the first double episode.  I liked Clone Wars for the most part, but this is instantly way better, IMO.  I am a little surprised how much I liked it.  I'm afraid to gush too much over it, for fear of being the only one.

That's what bothers me;  Elena sat through the first 15 minutes (the heist and speederbike chase and his abduction) and I was liking it.

Then she wanted it turned and we know how THAT ends.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #30185 on: October 21, 2014, 08:18:20 AM

You just have too much self-respect, apparently.  I just go downstairs and watch shit like this by myself, and sometimes my nine year-old son will actually tease me about being such a dork.  I'm okay with that.

Things it has going for it compared to Clone Wars:  better visuals (same animation style sorta, but somehow better), way better sound (original trilogy effects), more likable characters.  Definitely has a feel like the OT material, not the new stuff.  Cool bad guys, funny dialogue.  Voice acting is slightly weak in a couple cases.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
WayAbvPar

Reply #30186 on: October 21, 2014, 09:27:13 AM

Tivo it and watch it when the kids and spouse are asleep. That is when all my guilty pleasure stuff gets watched. Also why I have 200+ hours of programming to get through in all my spare time  Ohhhhh, I see.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #30187 on: October 21, 2014, 09:38:40 AM

My SkyHD box is full of Masterchef.  Which is also why I can rarely get at the TV.  It's all Adventure Time and Masterchef.

I swear, the minute they release MasterChef: Land of Ooo I won't even get a seat on the couch.

why so serious?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #30188 on: October 21, 2014, 11:32:30 AM

Tivo it and watch it when the kids and spouse are asleep. That is when all my guilty pleasure stuff gets watched. Also why I have 200+ hours of programming to get through in all my spare time  Ohhhhh, I see.

When I had a DVR I ran an HDMI cable from my box to my 2nd (and would not be 3rd) monitor. Then I'd flip inputs on it and stream while playing games or working.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #30189 on: October 21, 2014, 12:42:13 PM

I'm liking Rebels so far.  It's also nice we're getting people to focus on who aren't core to one of the trilogies.

Hmm, maybe? I noticed there seems to be some significant "familiarity" between Hera and Jedi dude (I need to think up some riff on Freddie Prinze Jr to call him by). Seemed like the kind of familiarity Jedi aren't supposed to indulge in.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #30190 on: October 21, 2014, 01:08:11 PM

There's that and the quote the agent gives when chasing Ezra.  I don't think he was entirely mistaken, just about the whom.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #30191 on: October 21, 2014, 02:26:00 PM

It could be that Dude's collecting Force sensitives in case the Republic comes back. That wouldn't explain why he'd teach Ezra and nobody else so openly. I'm going to go with 'not a thing.'

Tangent to the NSFW thread: Today was one of those days at work where you kind of wish you owned Google glasses, because there's no other way to take a photo of what you saw without looking like a total creep. Wish I could share.

Also, 20 somethings make me feel like a dirty old man now.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:48:13 PM by Merusk »

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #30192 on: October 21, 2014, 06:38:08 PM

Must be going around. 

New girl in the office is good looking and we had a really cool conversation today.  Then I looked at her and realized she was likely born when I was in high school. 

Ugh.
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #30193 on: October 21, 2014, 08:10:54 PM

I've been in Los Angeles long enough where I read Hawkbit's post and don't see the issue. Well, I could hypothetically figure it out.

Was Dunkin' Donuts always so inflexible with its options? I can't swap a coffee for an iced coffee during their breakfast hours, and the same-priced Iced Tea couldn't be swapped for Coffee at lunch. Never going back to another Fuckin' Donuts again.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #30194 on: October 21, 2014, 08:32:19 PM

Must be going around. 

New girl in the office is good looking and we had a really cool conversation today.  Then I looked at her and realized she was likely born when I was in high school. 

Ugh.

So what?  Unless she's underage, ask her out and leave it up to her to decide.  Unless you're married, of course, in which case shame on you for even thinking about it!  My mom was 8 years older than my dad.  My sister is 15 years older than her husband and they have an awesome marriage.   Don't let pretty youngish WOMEN scare you.  If you feel too guilty after, let some cougar pick you up at a classy bar.   Why are men so fucking sensitive?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #30195 on: October 21, 2014, 11:38:58 PM

Tangent to the NSFW thread: Today was one of those days at work where you kind of wish you owned Google glasses, because there's no other way to take a photo of what you saw without looking like a total creep. Wish I could share.

Also, 20 somethings make me feel like a dirty old man now.

This is me every time I go to the gym.  Not sure exactly what the specific genetic advantage is with all these Nordic girls, but I am not complaining.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #30196 on: October 22, 2014, 01:54:08 AM

Must be going around. 

Ugh.

So what?  Unless she's underage, ask her out and leave it up to her to decide.  Unless you're married, of course, in which case shame on you for even thinking about it!  My mom was 8 years older than my dad.  My sister is 15 years older than her husband and they have an awesome marriage.   Don't let pretty youngish WOMEN scare you.  If you feel too guilty after, let some cougar pick you up at a classy bar.   Why are men so fucking sensitive?

Your views, while shared by me, are a minority opinion, alas.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #30197 on: October 22, 2014, 07:36:47 AM

We are mostly sensitive to public scorn and legal action.

Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #30198 on: October 22, 2014, 08:12:49 AM

Shame is the weapon of the aggravated citizen and the internet warrior.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #30199 on: October 22, 2014, 08:18:15 AM

Was Dunkin' Donuts always so inflexible with its options? I can't swap a coffee for an iced coffee during their breakfast hours, and the same-priced Iced Tea couldn't be swapped for Coffee at lunch. Never going back to another Fuckin' Donuts again.
Maybe just that location?  I've never had any problems ordering a combo meal and getting an iced tea instead of the coffee, although I have gotten looks when I've mentioned that I don't drink coffee period. 

As for the age thing, the husband did a freshman and JV swim meet last Saturday and he realized that some of the freshman had been born in 2000.  ACK!

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #30200 on: October 22, 2014, 08:19:58 AM

Yeah, it's scary.  But if Hawkbit actually had a decent conversation with her (as opposed to thinking he had one because, well, breasts) then he should go for it.  Because that's rare enough, especially with a younger person.  I find they talk mostly shite these days, no matter how good looking.

Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #30201 on: October 22, 2014, 08:23:57 AM

I went back to Dunkin this morning because it was the only place open at 5am, and had this exchange:

"Combo 1 with Dark Roast."
"OK. You want that Hot?"
"What?"
"Did you want Hot Coffee?"
"You mean I have an option?"
"Yeah, we do Iced Coffee."

headache
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #30202 on: October 22, 2014, 08:34:33 AM

They also foist cake on you instead of donuts.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #30203 on: October 22, 2014, 09:22:06 AM

Well, donuts really are just small cakes.

*runs for the hills*

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #30204 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:18 AM

I work on a college campus with approximately 12,000 female students between the ages of 18 and 24. I feel like a dirty old man at least once a day.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 1141 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation  
Jump to: