Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 09:48:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Stargate Universe 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stargate Universe  (Read 92705 times)
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: October 19, 2009, 03:20:49 PM

RC and Ming Na deserve better than this show.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #71 on: October 20, 2009, 08:04:41 AM

Still not entirely sure why I keep watching, but, you know, I'll probably watch this week's episode too.
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 24, 2009, 09:41:09 AM

Part of the reason I watch is that Elyse Levesque is mega super hot. If she died I'd stop watching.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 24, 2009, 11:53:25 AM

I think the show is finally picking up, despite having the most obvious of outcomes in the main plotline, and thought the music in this episode was quite good for a tv show.  Maybe I am becoming dumber...
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: October 24, 2009, 11:55:12 AM

No big surprises in ep5, still I liked it. I wouldn't mind this being the last of the "omg we're going down" episodes. They have great material to work with, I hope they work it.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: October 25, 2009, 06:31:53 AM

Fifth episode was actually pretty good- the last two have definitely improved things.  

I'm starting to see this as what Voyager should have been- command structure in danger of disintegrating, badass commander willing to condemn people to death for dissent (as opposed to the actual Voyager, which had the urgency and inner tension of a collection of Senators at a utility regulation subcommittee meeting).  
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 06:33:53 AM by Triforcer »

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: October 25, 2009, 06:42:10 AM

willing to condemn people to death for dissent

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #77 on: October 25, 2009, 09:26:49 AM

Yeah, that was it. He wandered around looking for other people and they all ignored him.

As for Elyse Levesque's hotness? Meh. She tries to channel Summer Glau too much for my taste. The bit-part Airforce chick with the huge rack, now she's hot.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: October 25, 2009, 02:44:32 PM

A bit off topic but I just saw part of a Stargate episode on TV and there were two characters from Farscape in it. What's the story there?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #79 on: October 25, 2009, 04:39:54 PM

A bit off topic but I just saw part of a Stargate episode on TV and there were two characters from Farscape in it. What's the story there?

Not the characters, just the actors.  IIRC SciFi had to fulfill the last few years of the contracts with Ben Bowder and Claudia Black, so they wrote them in to the last few seasons of Stargate. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: October 25, 2009, 04:57:21 PM

They did a pretty good job too. Unlike most series that go on for that long SG-1 didn't suck at the end.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: October 25, 2009, 08:25:07 PM

The bit-part Airforce chick with the huge rack, now she's hot.

Yes, yes she is.

- Viin
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: October 25, 2009, 11:02:09 PM

The bit-part Airforce chick with the huge rack, now she's hot.

Especially if you've seen The Masters of Horror episode she was in ("Right to Die").

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #83 on: October 26, 2009, 05:36:06 PM

Currently getting through episodes 4 and 5, and it's the Robert Carlyle show. He's out-acting the people around him by an order of magnitude, and you can see them thinking "how do I keep up with this guy?" as they deliver their lines.
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: October 27, 2009, 02:05:48 PM

Currently getting through episodes 4 and 5, and it's the Robert Carlyle show. He's out-acting the people around him by an order of magnitude, and you can see them thinking "how do I keep up with this guy?" as they deliver their lines.

Louis Ferreira is doing a decent job as Young.  Seeing as he pretty much has to spend all his time fighting Rush.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: October 29, 2009, 11:53:48 AM

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: November 02, 2009, 01:48:07 AM

I wouldn't mind this being the last of the "omg, we're going down" episodes.
Guess it wasn't. This is going to be the theme for the entire season, isn't it?
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: November 02, 2009, 02:15:16 AM

It's getting a little old but then most of Atlantis' first season was spent whining about not having enough power to do anything wasn't it? I think the only being in range of any particular stargate for 12 hours routine is going to turn out to be too limiting as well.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #88 on: November 02, 2009, 02:41:31 AM

It's getting a little old but then most of Atlantis' first season was spent whining about not having enough power to do anything wasn't it? I think the only being in range of any particular stargate for 12 hours routine is going to turn out to be too limiting as well.

This is a general complaint I have about a lot of TV and movies that are created by folks who apparently think there can be no drama or urgency or whatever without some kind of absurdly short countdown.   Give the viewers at least a little credit -- we don't have to always be about to die in 5 minutes for the show to be interesting...

Grr.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #89 on: November 02, 2009, 04:34:00 AM

I don't understand why there was a mad rush to get everyone on-board the ship in the first episode, considering they have totally ignored exploring the ship since.  The best part of the original Stargate movie was the build up and reveal before they went through the stargate, they totally blew that by beaming nerd boy out of his house 60 seconds after meeting him.  More "look at this cool ancient shit" less unbelievable "omg we are all going to die" in a tv series, would suit me.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #90 on: November 02, 2009, 04:56:38 AM

Yeah that has struck me as well. When we get to see the ship from the outside, it's FRECKIN' HUGE. And they've so far managed to stick to the gateroom, three corridors, a few personal quarters, the gallery and the cockpit of the smaller ship. Why isn't anyone exploring??

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: November 02, 2009, 05:51:21 AM

They have air issues, remember?  From what I gathered, large sections of the ship are entirely depressurized, and their limited air system probably can't handle repressurizing the whole ship.  I remember Eli saying he sent some of the floating camera thingies into the depressurized areas to look around.

Besides which, until "Light", they also didn't have much power remaining, so exploring would have been a Bad Idea, like it was when they first went to Atlantis - go around the city, turn on all the systems, oops you're using the last of the power and the shield is failing.  (Sidenote: one thing I never got about Atlantis is why they never (as far as I know - still haven't watched the last few seasons) found the facility that the Ancients used to produce their ZPM's in the first place.  Surely there would be one somewhere in the city, right?)

I do hope they establish that the ship's 'stop period' is not fixed at 12 hours, and can vary depending on why the ship decides to stop, and where it stops at.  One thing Sliders did very well in my opinion was allow for a varying sense of urgency depending on the episode.  Some episodes they had little time before they had to jump to another world, and other episodes they had days or weeks on their timer.  Fixing the time at 12 hours per planet in SGU would present a serious plot limitation.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #92 on: November 03, 2009, 06:58:31 AM

Ok, forgive me if this has been explained. But my main problem is logistics. We have this ancient ship, hundreds of thousands of years old, and the ancients didn't intend to be on it now, they intended to be on it thousands of years ago. The cast has complained several times about it not being engineered for this time span. It's on the other side of the /universe/ and stops at all these star systems that have stargates.

How did the stargates get there?
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: November 03, 2009, 07:06:40 AM

Ok, forgive me if this has been explained. But my main problem is logistics. We have this ancient ship, hundreds of thousands of years old, and the ancients didn't intend to be on it now, they intended to be on it thousands of years ago. The cast has complained several times about it not being engineered for this time span. It's on the other side of the /universe/ and stops at all these star systems that have stargates.

How did the stargates get there?

They explain this in the pilot. The ancients sent robotic ships out first that built stargates on useful worlds and I'm guessing sent some kind of signal to the ship to tell it where they built stargates. I don't remember if they actually know this or if it is a theory of Dr Rush's.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: November 03, 2009, 06:51:31 PM

I think Dr. Rush found it in the part of the ship's computer he was able to access, so they know it with about as much certainty as they know anything.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: November 04, 2009, 07:20:19 AM

I think having those communication crystals around is going to turn out to have been a mistake. It makes absolutely no sense that they aren't being used constantly to bring in high powered scientists and maybe an actual doctor.  There's just no good reason that Rush should be doing all this stuff alone when they could have Rodney or Samantha Carter there performing their usual miracles.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: November 04, 2009, 07:34:41 AM

Or whats-his-name translating everything.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: November 04, 2009, 08:07:37 AM

I think having those communication crystals around is going to turn out to have been a mistake. It makes absolutely no sense that they aren't being used constantly to bring in high powered scientists and maybe an actual doctor.  There's just no good reason that Rush should be doing all this stuff alone when they could have Rodney or Samantha Carter there performing their usual miracles.
In the latest episode, someone  complains about some kind of rotation using the cristals is in place if memory serves me right.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: November 04, 2009, 11:42:58 AM

I'm more interested in the crystals being used for naughtiness.  You know they'll go there.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: November 05, 2009, 08:35:08 AM

Next week's episode has that douchebag come back and try to take command of the place.  That character is terribad.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: November 07, 2009, 09:15:03 AM

Did the end of this Friday's episode imply what I thought it implied?

[Telford is doing Young's wife while pretending to be Young?]

Either way, this show is going places. 

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: November 09, 2009, 10:42:39 AM

I think it was implying that he banged her beforehand which is why she was comfortable banging Young in Telford's body.

Also Young and TJ banged apparently before hand.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #102 on: November 10, 2009, 06:30:54 AM

Telford is one of my favorite characters, Lou is doing a good job at playing an asshole.

Dunno, the tech angle of the show has been bothersome. Lots of bad explanations, and the crystals are almost retardedly bad. Hey, let's have a show about being isolated across the universe...but half the show will be on earth. I think that's the thing ruining the atmosphere of the show more than anything.

I know they're angling to have it be more soap opera than scifi, but sheesh.

Also, should've been on HBO because it could really benefit from titties. Especially the chick linked NSWF above.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: November 10, 2009, 07:43:46 AM

Also Young and TJ banged apparently before hand.

That was confirmed by TJ's actress in an interview previously.  They banged, they moved on, and now's there's a sort of awkwardness between them as she was supposed to be gone.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: November 13, 2009, 10:24:05 PM

This is getting better every episode.  If you gave up after the first 2 or 3, try it again.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Stargate Universe  
Jump to: