Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 03:18:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Stargate Universe 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stargate Universe  (Read 92445 times)
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: November 13, 2009, 10:35:46 PM

I haven't watched last week's episode yet. Have they gotten off of the catastrophic ship malfunction of the week formula yet?
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #106 on: November 14, 2009, 04:18:28 AM

This is getting better every episode.  If you gave up after the first 2 or 3, try it again.

Yeah the Jungle episode wasn't actually that bad.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: November 14, 2009, 07:44:59 AM

I loved the ending.  Heart

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: November 14, 2009, 10:34:30 PM

Latest episode was really good, but I think it would have been even better
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 10:38:42 PM by ahoythematey »
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: November 15, 2009, 11:17:56 AM

Latest episode was really good, but I think it would have been even better
I'd agree, but after catching up on Spooks/MI:5, you realize you get tired of not having a cast to hang your hat on.  It was really cool killing off or disposing of main cast in the first two seasons, but now I'm just tired of it.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: November 16, 2009, 07:13:17 AM

One question I have is since the gates normally have built in limiters to prevent them from going through solar flares it makes me wonder if the ship did not intentionally open them a gate to that planet where a cure for their illness existed and then intentionally put the wormhole through a solar flare to give them more chances to figure out what the cure was and to get it for the crew.

It will be curious to see if/how sentient the ship may be. It may be as simple as monitoring its "crew" and doing what it can to support them or it could potentially be more than that. Given its a long long long long range exploration ship it would almost make sense if a pretty powerful AI controls it.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #111 on: November 16, 2009, 07:17:35 AM

First episode I really liked. Seems like they're finally getting the show going in the right direction.

Notice no use of the stupid communication devices. Those need to break.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: November 16, 2009, 07:43:57 AM

One question I have is since the gates normally have built in limiters to prevent them from going through solar flares it makes me wonder if the ship did not intentionally open them a gate to that planet where a cure for their illness existed and then intentionally put the wormhole through a solar flare to give them more chances to figure out what the cure was and to get it for the crew.

It will be curious to see if/how sentient the ship may be. It may be as simple as monitoring its "crew" and doing what it can to support them or it could potentially be more than that. Given its a long long long long range exploration ship it would almost make sense if a pretty powerful AI controls it.

SHODAN?
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: November 16, 2009, 08:13:01 AM

Oh that would make the show a total win if they went that route hehe.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: November 16, 2009, 09:27:11 AM

Yeah, if the computer gets the hacker kid alone "P-p-p-poor pathetic hacker..."
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: November 16, 2009, 09:29:07 AM

Stargate universe shock for the win!
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: November 16, 2009, 11:05:27 AM

Damm it. Now I want to see a series in the Culture universe.  awesome, for real

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #117 on: November 16, 2009, 11:36:50 AM

Who fucking doesn't?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: November 21, 2009, 02:49:07 PM

The last episode was  ACK!.

So not only does the Airforce let two people (Chloe and Eli) take over two random bodies and let one get incredibly wasted and have fun at a random club, they let the asian woman take over the body of some innocent woman and make her a lesbian for the day.

The ethical violations in this show are terrible.

What a piece of shit show.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: November 21, 2009, 04:03:21 PM

Syfy: Imagine Greater

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: November 21, 2009, 09:18:59 PM

Yeah, I was starting to wonder about letting the team use random offiers' bodies for random sex on Earth.  They aren't even closely monitored, what's to stop them from shooting up heroin or getting AIDs? 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #121 on: November 21, 2009, 10:26:35 PM

They'd never let them off the base. Too many security risks. They're all part of Special Access Programs.

Totally unrealistic.

All they would do is sit in an office being steadily debriefed on every single possible detail.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: November 22, 2009, 02:28:32 AM

Those communication crystals have got to go. They're sucking the life out of the show. It's worse than the time travel/holodeck stuff that was used on bad Star Trek episodes.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: November 22, 2009, 04:34:38 PM

They already ruined the show.  Too late.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: November 22, 2009, 04:49:58 PM

They already ruined the show.  Too late.

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: November 22, 2009, 07:57:31 PM

« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 09:25:34 PM by Triforcer »

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: November 22, 2009, 09:24:56 PM

Holy shit. This last episode was fucking garbage. I'm done with this pile of shit, what a total waste of time.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #127 on: November 23, 2009, 06:08:06 AM

Can I have your stuff?

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #128 on: November 23, 2009, 06:12:10 AM

It's not a good sign that the only two episodes I enjoyed had cast members dying.  The problem with the communication crystals is how they use them, not that they exist, I wouldn't normally choose to watch personal life crap on earth over events on an ancient starship.  I'm not really sure what kind of audience they are going for here.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #129 on: November 23, 2009, 06:19:42 AM

They should do a cross-over to the Twilight-universe. That'll get them a dedicated fanbase. It'd be awesome - vampires in space!

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: November 23, 2009, 09:26:21 AM

...the crystals are almost retardedly bad. Hey, let's have a show about being isolated across the universe...but half the show will be on earth. I think that's the thing ruining the atmosphere of the show more than anything.
And that's without the whole surrogate fucking/party thing. I'll be surprised if the show isn't cancelled. So much good potential to do a SG version of BSG. There should never have been any earth scenes except for maybe a shot of macguyver going "Hey, I wonder what happened to all those people?"
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: November 23, 2009, 01:11:01 PM

Its largely been better than I expected, but only barely. I can't stand Chloe? The senator's daughter. That character shouldn't be there. Write her out now, please. I actually like the black soldier. Probably because he reminds me of a marine I used to know. The stones are.. bad, in how they've been used. Should have been token usage; some kind of lame-science explanation as to why they don't work for long, thus limiting them to debriefing use and little else, so the show could concentrate on the ship-based aspect.

Herd needs serious thinning on that ship, though. A good string of episodes of a couple red shirts dying along with Chloe and I'd be willing to watch a second season. As is.. the show's just going in the wrong direction, largely, for my tastes, other than Rush, Greer, and a few token others.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: November 23, 2009, 08:34:02 PM

Its largely been better than I expected, but only barely. I can't stand Chloe? The senator's daughter. That character shouldn't be there. Write her out now, please.

The problem is that she's very tied into Eli's storyline.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: November 23, 2009, 09:50:48 PM

I was actually pretty happy a lot of people died in that forest-planet-episode. Until they pulled the "lol it actually never happened, gotcha!"
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: November 24, 2009, 02:36:33 AM

Maybe they realize how bad those stones are storydevelopmentwise...

edit: Removed quote tags from the spoiler tags.Clicking the right buttons in the right order is hard. And I am still on my first coffee. And on antibiotics.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 03:56:06 AM by Der Helm »

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: November 24, 2009, 03:02:10 AM

That quote doesn't really mean much without a source.  Did one of the writers say that or was it just some fan?
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: November 24, 2009, 03:54:07 AM

That quote doesn't really mean much without a source.  Did one of the writers say that or was it just some fan?

Duh. Let me fix that.

edit: For some clarity. That "quote" was from me, I wanted to put it in spoiler tags because it refered to the current episode. See edit above.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 03:57:04 AM by Der Helm »

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: November 24, 2009, 04:20:12 AM

Ahh ok. I think most people agree with you.  They need to find some excuse to dial way back on those awful crystals. Perhaps some health problem caused by prolonged use like what they did with the sarcophagi in SG-1 which would also have been a disaster if they'd been allowed to be used routinely.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: November 24, 2009, 05:27:21 AM

If they want to use the surrogate stone fucking party theme they need to have somebodies husband or boy friend find out about his girlfriend/wife suddenly having extramarital affairs with lesbians. I am guessing one well and truly thrashed life would make people choose not to let people ride their bodies around.

You could not pay me enough to do the body switch thing especially now that they have seen what the dipshits from the destiny do with them.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: November 24, 2009, 12:06:57 PM

The problem is that she's very tied into Eli's storyline.

I.. don't care. Her entire character and the related dialogue and scenes are cringe-worthy even for a Stargate show. She needs to be killed off; have her death even be a Big Deal plot-wise -- so long as she dies for good. I don't know if its the actress on top of the shitty character design and iffy writing, but I've gotten to the point of generally just skipping scenes with her, which means I'm a short jump from dropping the show entirely.

She just destroys what little good the show has (well, her and the Stones).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Stargate Universe  
Jump to: