Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:38:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Harry Potter universe is part of the international gay conspiracy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Harry Potter universe is part of the international gay conspiracy  (Read 43393 times)
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: October 26, 2007, 12:48:25 AM

Ah the '80s. Nothing really good or important has happened since.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: October 26, 2007, 03:18:09 PM

Fade Into You by Mazzy Star, 1993.

I win.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #142 on: October 26, 2007, 07:56:32 PM

If you guys were true 80s denizens you would know it is Bartles and Jaymes, with a superfluous y.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: October 26, 2007, 09:26:23 PM

When you talk about an old man's past lovers it immediately makes one think of said old man having sex.

When you talk about an old man's past wife/girlfriend, does it also immediatlely make you think of an old man having sex?

If it doesn't, consider the posibility that you're piling on sordid prejudice into the otherwise commonplace occurence of gay people being in love.

Um.. yeah. Old people having sex is not overly appealing to a 24 year old me. It's got nothing to do with whether the old people in question are gay or not.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: October 27, 2007, 02:32:55 AM

Fade Into You by Mazzy Star, 1993.

I win.
I'm sorry but my taste in music was set in stone 3 years prior to that. They might as well not exist for me. And being a boomer I know there will always be enough people my age around that there will be an oldies radio station dedicated to us wherever I go.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #145 on: October 27, 2007, 08:50:04 AM

When you talk about an old man's past lovers it immediately makes one think of said old man having sex.

When you talk about an old man's past wife/girlfriend, does it also immediatlely make you think of an old man having sex?

If it doesn't, consider the posibility that you're piling on sordid prejudice into the otherwise commonplace occurence of gay people being in love.

Um.. yeah. Old people having sex is not overly appealing to a 24 year old me. It's got nothing to do with whether the old people in question are gay or not.

Sorry buddy. Its the fact that you immediately (your words) think about it that's the worry.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: October 27, 2007, 10:24:59 PM

Sorry buddy. Its the fact that you immediately (your words) think about it that's the worry.

When I think of salmon I immediately see a picture of myself eating salmon while watching a specific episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as a kid. I've wearing a blue shirt and I'm covered in an orange blanket. The episode had a fish-mutant in it and I can picture him perfectly after all these years. I can do this because every time I think of salmon I get this image. Everytime I hear the song Without Me by Eminem I immediately see the recorded WC3 match I was watching one time I heard that song. It's a 2v2, Night Elf + Undead vs Human + Undead. And every time I hear talk about someone's girlfriend/past lovers/sexlife I picture them having sex. Hell, when Ironwood posted about his daughter being born I pictured his avatar having sex. I just visualise everything I think about and my mind wanders all over the place. You can see this in how often I derail/participate in derails.

So yeah... stop trying to say I'm homophobic because I visualised Dumbledore having sex with another old man and wasn't at all pleased about the image.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #147 on: October 27, 2007, 10:29:03 PM

I thought them antiquing in Vermont, so maybe you are just a garden variety perv.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: October 28, 2007, 12:22:51 AM

Yeah Dumbledore being gay is beyond retarded. If he was gay in the books that's fine, but you can't just tack it on after the books are finished.

I don't care if he was gay.

The thing i don't get, is why you make a fictional character gay, and then it never comes up in any of the books, hell, its not even hinted at. So why, in any regard, is it important for the author to make that character gay?

I don't get, at all, what is the reason this bit of character attribute, its never used.

Its an unused Variable that only gets used in a public conference/book signing?

This is exactly my feeling. It is over. The books are done. What you get in the books; that is Dumbledore. That people even asked if Dumbledore ever had a lover... give me a fucking break. Nobody needs to know this shit. Dumbledore being gay probably has less relevance than Ron being lefthanded because at least that a visualisation aid to know that. He didn't interact with anyone in any way that would make him being gay an interesting twist or an "ah so that's why" revelation, it's just a completely irrelevant fact similar to "did Dumbledore ever own a pet as a child?"

I don't have a problem with him being gay, or her saying he's gay in the way she did. I have a problem with this being seen as a relevant fact in any way, shape, or form. There are, as we speak, people discussing this very "fact" in loud voices or caps. People are discussing the fact that a fictional character was revealed to be gay outside of the books he appears in because they somehow feel that the life of a fictional character is relevant beyond the scope of the fiction they appear in. This is wrong and disturbing.

Can I say that I don't want to hear about an old man's sex life or is that being oldmanaphobic?

Also, I assume everyone is straight, white, male, and 20-30 until I've been told/shown otherwise. I don't see how that is wrong.

Those are my first 3 posts in this thread. You will note that it takes 3 posts and 2 days before I comment on sex at all and even in that post it is not the only thing I talk about. Clearly I'm a perv who thinks about sex all the time and not simply someone who's mind wanders over everything about everything. Go on, take a look at my post history if you like, there's many posts where I comment on something just barely relevant to the topic because my mind has wandered that way and I thought it worth throwing in there. That's what I did here. And I wasn't even serious. I could set lemonparty as my desktop background and it wouldn't bother me. I could probably set tubgirl as my desktop actually. I've spent a lot of time on the internet and very little genuinely shocks or disgusts me anymore. But I guess making flippant comments about whatever crosses my mind is so very badly wrong in serious business.

This thread is like politics. I make a flippant comment about oldmanophobic (a word that indicates I'm fully serious, honestly) and one guy is all over me because he thinks I'm trying to make a correlation between gays and old people and somehow excusing something or other. Then another guy jumps on me for being a closet homophobe because I don't want to think about Dumbledore's sex life, and then I'm a perv because I didn't immediately make the gay = antiquing in Vermont connection even though I don't even know where the fuck Vermont is or that people actually do antiquing anymore at all.

This rant brought to you by 50k honor earned so far this AV weekend.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 12:24:31 AM by Calantus »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: October 28, 2007, 02:17:46 AM

I agreed with you earlier in this thread. Came to your defense even. And I believe Abagadro was also backing you up, in his flippant way (Of all the invective thrown around here 'perv' is not especially harsh). I wouldn't get too worked up.

But.. you play WOW?! Horrible deviant!
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: October 28, 2007, 02:44:47 AM

That's why I threw in the AV comment. I finished the rant and thought "wow that's a pretty big overreaction there Calantus don'tcha think?" but I let it go cause it was already typed and everything. I've been been doign the same thing over and over again 3-4 times an hour for almost 3 days straight while arguing with morons in BG chat and all on very little sleep so I'm in a fiesty mood.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: October 28, 2007, 03:23:43 AM

Calantus

You think of yourself that way ?  shocked

Is it your real name ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: October 28, 2007, 03:47:18 AM

No. :P

I just thought Calantus would be more appropriate here.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: October 28, 2007, 05:42:36 AM

No. :P

I just thought Calantus would be more appropriate here.
Ah. Was just wondering. Because, once people refer to you by your internet persona, all goes downhill from there ...  my what do we have here?

I should know ...  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: October 29, 2007, 10:38:31 AM

Hell, when Ironwood posted about his daughter being born I pictured his avatar having sex.

So, his literal avatar, like she was sticking this little square picture in her hooter? Or Terrence Stamp doing his wife? This is important damn it!

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: October 29, 2007, 02:46:20 PM

Hell, when Ironwood posted about his daughter being born I pictured his avatar having sex.

Why am I picturing Smallville,  except with Zod's daughter and in Scotland?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: October 30, 2007, 03:19:31 AM

Um.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: October 30, 2007, 06:03:02 AM

Um.

Lots of short people here on the board.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: October 31, 2007, 09:13:57 AM

So, his literal avatar, like she was sticking this little square picture in her hooter? Or Terrence Stamp doing his wife? This is important damn it!

More like Zod with a generic female. Fortunately I don't recall what Ironwood's wife looks like so he doesn't have to kill me.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: October 31, 2007, 10:02:20 AM

Fairly sure I've never posted wife pics.

It's kind of a rule I have.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #160 on: October 31, 2007, 10:08:34 AM

Fairly sure I've never posted wife pics.

It's kind of a rule I have.

It's a good rule to have.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: October 31, 2007, 10:30:59 AM

Yeah that's a rule I'd have to agree with. I just wasn't sure if you had or not so used "don't recall" like a sneaky politician.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: November 06, 2007, 02:54:58 PM

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
BigBlack
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: November 07, 2007, 07:37:15 AM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Harry Potter universe is part of the international gay conspiracy  
Jump to: