Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:13:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 121 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  (Read 956589 times)
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1365 on: June 25, 2014, 08:43:08 PM

Speaking of stretch goals, last time around we put their future up to a vote. 54% of Citizens voted that we should continue to offer goals, and we’re going to honor that choice. As I said last time, every dollar supports Star Citizen’s persistent universe… but I’m not comfortable promising additional features with each million unless they’re truly additive.

You asked for dis.  why so serious?

Must be nice to just drop a nice big shit into a blog and get money for it.

I'm surprised it's only 54% for continuing to stretch the goals. Does that mean that 46% of "citizens" feel that it's already so absurd that they should stop adding features?  why so serious?
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1366 on: June 25, 2014, 08:52:27 PM

46% of them donated the 46Million.
The other 54% haven't.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1367 on: June 26, 2014, 04:43:51 AM

A decorative item in a hanger somewhere qualifies as truly additive?  To what?  Their wallets?  What the fuck?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1368 on: June 26, 2014, 10:00:44 AM

No, it's not a feature. What he's saying, basically, is they're comfortable adding cosmetics and new ships and shit like that for future stretch goals, but they're basically out of ideas for gameplay features.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1369 on: June 26, 2014, 10:28:12 AM

Are space herpes in the game?  That can be a stretch goal.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1370 on: June 26, 2014, 10:31:17 AM

That would be a new system, so no.  Would you settle for a space ficus instead?

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1371 on: June 26, 2014, 10:32:39 AM

I think everyone is settling for a space ficus.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1372 on: June 26, 2014, 10:47:13 AM

A more reasonable stretch goal would be, "another million pays for X more hires in the Y department for the next year, to finish what we've already promised more quickly."

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1373 on: June 26, 2014, 10:51:02 AM

So what's the over under on the space ficus just being a random model from their existing background objects library?

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1374 on: June 26, 2014, 11:21:17 AM

A more reasonable stretch goal would be, "another million pays for X more hires in the Y department for the next year, to finish what we've already promised more quickly."
Why would they want to end this gravy train of "promise the moon, deliver fuckall"?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #1375 on: June 26, 2014, 02:42:54 PM

So what's the over under on the space ficus just being a random model from their existing background objects library?

For a million dollars it's worth it to have some jr coder spend a day creating some thing new.

Now, that doesn't mean it wont be some random ficus with a different texture map.

50/50.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1376 on: June 26, 2014, 07:40:12 PM

Maybe they can have better office cantina as stretch goal.  why so serious?
It's sad they had to waste time having lunch outside of the office...instead of working on their game. :(

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1377 on: June 26, 2014, 08:11:44 PM

Maybe they can have better office cantina as stretch goal.  why so serious?
It's sad they had to waste time having lunch outside of the office...instead of working on their game. :(

The one time I bothered to look at the forums, somebody had made a thread seriously suggesting that one of the stretch goals should be a week of vacation for the dev team.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1378 on: July 04, 2014, 04:36:10 PM

New lovely video.

EDIT: In other news, they opened the multiplayer to an additional 60k backers, including myself. What can I say? I can't find any kind of fun yet, but it's "pre-alpha" so it's probably working as intended.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 04:39:53 PM by Falconeer »

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #1379 on: July 08, 2014, 09:41:06 PM

leaked ending to star citizen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex5jBQtS13w
schild
Administrator

Reply #1380 on: July 08, 2014, 11:39:49 PM

Inclusion of Anita Sarkeesian was pro.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1381 on: July 10, 2014, 12:53:30 AM

Is that line "...and so he left, with nothing but his humanity" a quote from something?  Really bugging me, I can't recall where I've heard it before.  Google isn't helping.

Also, LOL.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1382 on: July 10, 2014, 04:13:25 AM

When you beat Risk of Rain with the Commando class that's what it says.  Might be for someone else as well though.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #1383 on: August 04, 2014, 04:16:31 AM

Ars Technica has a huge article on Star Citizen up on its page. It doesn't tell you anything new however just that people are still working on it and that everything will be great once they are finished. Even though the writer made several visits to RSI he wasn't able to get Chris Roberts for an interview and due to the lack of actual new info he spends half the text writing about the history of space sims like Wing Commader and co.

Backers and fans of the game are already talking about just how grea the game will be once it ships though
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1384 on: August 04, 2014, 04:26:43 AM

I read that last line as "once it slips"  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1385 on: August 04, 2014, 04:37:45 AM

Funny enough, I am pretty sure that the growing buzz around Elite Dangerous, and the fact that Elite is delivering, and it is delivering NOW, will delay Star Citizen's release even more. Late 2016 is my guess. Not that it matters, better late then shitty, but I just checked out of curiosity and turns out the Kickstarter was funded on November 2012, and release was (then) planned for November 2014. Yeah, right.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #1386 on: August 07, 2014, 08:26:54 PM

I keep reading articles that basically say, "With all the money SC is getting, they can afford to hire all the people they need to deliver a much bigger game on a much wider scope than they initially said!".

It's going to be Star Wars: The Old Republic all over again. Except this time the customers paid up front.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1387 on: August 08, 2014, 05:49:02 AM

I keep reading articles that basically say, "With all the money SC is getting, they can afford to hire all the people they need to deliver a much bigger game on a much wider scope than they initially said!".

It's going to be Star Wars: The Old Republic all over again. Except this time the customers paid up front.

I totally disagree. SWTOR delivered a playable, functional product. It wasn't what they expected, but it's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination. This is going to be a total clusterfuck of epic proportions where they may deliver on 15% of the shit they promised before Curt Schilling this thing into the ground.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1388 on: August 08, 2014, 06:54:37 AM

I totally disagree. SWTOR delivered a playable, functional product. It wasn't what they expected, but it's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination. This is going to be a total clusterfuck of epic proportions where they may deliver on 15% of the shit they promised before Curt Schilling this thing into the ground.
Well damn, I kind of agree with you for once. Glad I only spent like 45 dollars on this life lesson instead of the thousands that some people have forked out. I will just have to play elite enough to make up for it.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1389 on: August 08, 2014, 07:21:01 AM

Well damn, I kind of agree with you for once.

HIGH FIVE!

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1390 on: August 08, 2014, 08:09:05 AM

I'd agree but SWTOR was an utter piece of shit game. It was by far the worst multiplayer experience in a MMO in a long time and couldn't be a solid single player game because other players are always running in ruining quests you are doing. That game is dogshit and if it wasn't Star Wars nobody would have played it and nobody would pretend it had redeeming features.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1391 on: August 08, 2014, 11:21:34 AM

I'd agree but SWTOR was an utter piece of shit game. It was by far the worst multiplayer experience in a MMO in a long time and couldn't be a solid single player game because other players are always running in ruining quests you are doing. That game is dogshit and if it wasn't Star Wars nobody would have played it and nobody would pretend it had redeeming features.

Well for one thing, the worst recent multiplayer experience in an MMO is The Elder Scrolls Online, and that's fairly recent. As to the utter piece of shit part, I found it to be well-voiced, well written for many of the stories, and the gameplay mechanics are essentially the same as WoW for PvE. You may not like it, but it's not WAR or APB. There's a functional game there that still draws people.

I question if this will be even a real game.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1392 on: August 08, 2014, 11:30:27 AM

SWTOR was an ok game at release with a lot of issues. SWTOR today is a pretty good game and going strong.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1393 on: August 08, 2014, 11:34:47 AM

That's a good assessment. I would also add that the major detractor of SWTOR now is how much focus there is on the cartel shop, when the voiced action stuff and story lines are never going to be done again. Even if that is one of the major draws to the game.

Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #1394 on: August 09, 2014, 02:04:16 AM

I don't want to encourage a further derail, but SWTOR has impressed me with certain features and design decisions that I'm surprised other games haven't ruthlessly copied. (I'm thinking mainly of that core Bioware design element, Companions.)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1395 on: August 09, 2014, 02:41:12 AM

In the meantime, Star Citizen has released.. Capture The Flag  why so serious?
Yes, the game about stellar citizenship, the ultimate space sandbox, just released a new mode for their multiplayer arena where you can still only pilot just two ships, regardless of which ones you dumped real hundreds of dollars into.

Also, if you are into that money dumping thing, here's an addition to the real money store where you can buy weapons without any remote clue about what they do and how good or bad they are since they are not even in the game yet. To give you a frame of reference, prices range from 4 to 16 USD as the fake SC currency is nothing but that US $ multiplied by 1000. Interestingly enough, in line with Roberts megalomania, if you try to buy anything the transaction won't be in dollars, it will be in UEC (United Earth Credits). That's fucked up, and confusing, and almost scammy since it really makes you believe you are not paying with real money until it's too late.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1396 on: August 09, 2014, 06:37:24 AM

I hear they have a bridge for sale.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #1397 on: August 09, 2014, 10:55:41 AM

Interestingly enough David Braben seems to catch more flak from the press and from the gaming community. Just yesterday I heard a few industry veterans complain on a podcast about people like Braben or Brian Fargo 'ruining kickstarter' and abusing the enthusiasm and naïveté of their fans. They also complained that it was borderline fraudulent that the 'largest independent publisher' (Frontier Development) uses Kickstarter even though Braben could finance the game in a more traditional sense. Or that Fargo who apparently is connected to the Fargo of Wells Fargo fame kickstarts Wasteland 2 even though he could just ask a cousin for money or so.

Interestingly enough I never see the name Chris Roberts in those op eds and articles. So while the people that actually have close to finished games and seem to actually deliver - or have in case of Broken Age - get flak for 'abusing crowd funding'  while the guy running what most closely resembles an actual scam doesn't.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1398 on: August 09, 2014, 11:33:07 AM

One could argue that they're pointing fingers because Braben and Fargo are actually going to release games.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1399 on: August 09, 2014, 11:37:54 AM

Hehe. The people that wrote those articles and blogs are probably into star citizen for a couple of grand and desperately need to convince themselves that they backed the right horse. So they try to make the other guys look bad.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 121 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  
Jump to: