Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:01:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 4 Playoff Speculation 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 4 Playoff Speculation  (Read 35970 times)
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: July 15, 2011, 12:56:15 PM

I don't think I did many fouls in the sky match, but I'm not in a place where I can watch the replay to be sure. Would love some more opinions on our match if anyone has the time to watch it.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #141 on: July 15, 2011, 01:04:33 PM

Listen. I'm over it. Sorry I brought up the whole thing. Move on, these aren't the droids you're looking for. Let it go, everyone. I have.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: July 15, 2011, 01:18:22 PM

Last night you're calling me a ruthless prick and saying you're done with me and now we're fine? I'm so confused undecided but okay. Water under the bridge.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: July 15, 2011, 01:28:39 PM

I would defy anyone to watch the replay of the game in question and find a single untoward thing drogg did. The dice were extremely unkind to Sky but them's the breaks. There was one foul I counted in the entire game and it was very early. One crowdsurf the entire game.

And Sky, really here... you don't precisely get to single people out and then call someone a ruthless prick and then go OH GOD GUYS WHY ARE YOU KEEPING THIS ALIVE?!?

You can at least apologize. Or fade away saying nothing. But coming in and asking everyone to forget you acting like a tool without either of those happening? No, sorry, you don't get to do that.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #144 on: July 15, 2011, 01:33:22 PM

...no, have the cake.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #145 on: July 15, 2011, 02:25:13 PM

Quit acting like a bunch of high school girls.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #146 on: July 15, 2011, 02:30:24 PM

I know having bad dice sucks. Sometimes when it happens to me I get all passive aggressive or otherwise obnoxious in game chat, and a lot of times after a really devastating loss I have to sulk and drink and do something non-competitive. That said, I feel like it's unfair to blame me for the game not being fun when you stop trying to play it halfway through.

Just to piggyback on this...

I'm aware that I might do this sometimes too possibly, like when non-block teams are making a lot of 1d blocks on me and such. Just to be clear, I don't mean it...it's a damn game. It's more surprise than anything else. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Also, I sometimes regret not running up the injuries/game on folks but...meh, I'll live, and I'd rather people enjoy playing than be miserable while I garner a bit more SPP.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #147 on: July 15, 2011, 02:47:28 PM

Oh, I like to scream and yell about the dice all through the game.  Its therapeutic for me.  Hopefully its not annoying for anybody, I just need to do it. awesome, for real 

I don't think I've played a single game this season sober.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #148 on: July 15, 2011, 04:14:51 PM

I try to invent new swears just for the goddamn dice. If you don't like swearing, you'd better never look at the Blood Bowl chat box when you play me, unless I'm winning. I am the world's biggest dice bitch. But those who have been on the good end of my normally atrocious rolls will likely understand and sympathize.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: July 15, 2011, 04:45:01 PM

I just sigh and mope a lot. :(
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #150 on: July 15, 2011, 04:48:28 PM

I hide my pain with LOLs and sarcasm.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: July 15, 2011, 10:01:59 PM

Teleku, Ruvaldt, Andy & Me in the semis. So shall it be!

I don't know what I was thinking, picking a bunch of elves over Comstar's amazons -- and watching Ruvaldt's game was a bit of a heartbreaker (why did you run the ball carrier there, instead of two squares over next to the sideline!) But evidently some revision is in order:

Megrim's team is too green to stop Comstar, barring some sort of Jordell-inspired madness, and I have more trouble imagining Llyse choking against Strazos than Ruvaldt. The other half of the bracket remains unchanged, sadly.

So Comstar vs. Llyse and Me vs. AndyDavo in the semis, and then a championship matchup between me and Comstar -- where the dice will hopefully stay out of it long enough to give him a shot at revenge.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #152 on: July 15, 2011, 10:19:46 PM

Teleku, Ruvaldt, Andy & Me in the semis. So shall it be!
(why did you run the ball carrier there, instead of two squares over next to the sideline!)

Fuck.   Heartbreak

Yeah, that was a huge mistake.  Against Norse and Necro teams I avoid the sidelines more than I should.  Time to drink.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:21:44 PM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: July 16, 2011, 04:50:18 AM

I rolled a normal skill on my level 5 Blitzer - she got Tackle, to go along with 4 ST, Blodge, Dodge, Mighty Blow and Sidestep. No Dodgy Elf is going to escape her next time (to be fair, I rolled a lot of POW's with her vs the dodgy Wood Elves).

I also rolled a +1ST with the lineswomen who just has dodge. I was going to give her Dirty Player/Sneaky Git, but the 4 ST will be useful I suspect.  So I have 2 +1ST, 4 +1MV and 1 +1AG.

The High Elves i think will play a lot like the Wood Elves did, but after a few causalities I was always able to mark any deep running elves with 2-3 Amazon's on all sides, so they never had a chance to go for a pass. However, they will have 500+ inducements, so they could get Morg'n'Thorg, or Jordell and a wizard or two. With my full 13 girl lineup back for the match, the Elves need some reserves to be able to get through, and heavy hitter to go for the ball in place of any some Wardancers. Personally, I don't understand why they decided to give +1 Armour to a random lineelf, I would have taken the movement myself.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: July 16, 2011, 09:29:11 AM

So, I'm contemplating whether to bring 7 Deadly into Season 5. I really like Lizards conceptually but I think their playstyle may not be for me. Their development is just so terrible that at my now higher-than-average TV I feel totally outclassed by other teams of similar value, and I'd kind of rather just play the game to win, like every other team can, without having to engage in the skink-deleting saurus-handing-off SPP gain metagame. On the other hand, if I reroll (thinking Skaven or Dwarves), I'd have to spend some time in the feeder league doing TV management anyway. Of course, my elves are already in the vicinity of 1250, maybe I'll just promote them.

Alternatively, I could stop blaming my team, suck up the fact that I'm not a running team and hire a Kroxigor, and practice until I learn to position my players properly.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: July 16, 2011, 10:03:58 AM

On the other hand, if I reroll (thinking Skaven or Dwarves), I'd have to spend some time in the feeder league doing TV management anyway. Of course, my elves are already in the vicinity of 1250, maybe I'll just promote them.

Well Skaven and Dwarves are as pretty much different teams as you can get. Do you like punching things or do you like running around things. If you like doing things, play Elves - everyone can do everything! And if you like dodging away from everyone, try Amazons.  Or if it's having half the team being a big guy with high ST, Ogres.

Don't play Dwarves. They suck. They are also boring. And I hate entire teams with tackle. And slow. Did I mention they suck? No hilarity with Dwarves.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:19:15 AM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: July 16, 2011, 12:43:46 PM

I know, right? ICE rolled SO many Defender Stumbles against my Skinks in our playoff game, and every time I was like "That's okay, I have dod--OH WAIT."

I liked making running plays with my Lizards back before everybody was skilled enough to shut me down, and I'm pretty sure I've been leveling my team entirely wrong for that - I guess you're supposed to take Break Tackle first on Sauruses? - which is why I was thinking Skaven. Was thinking Dwarves just because I've been feeling especially newbish lately and I'd like an easy-to-play team; that's probably not a very good reason though. I already tried Amazons; I played you with them back in Season 2. And I didn't even lose! I was a total newb though; I had no idea why 6 rerolls was a bad idea and then when I figured that out I retired the team because I didn't know you could throw away rerolls and I thought they would be permanently inflating my TV forever. Elves not because they look that great to me but because I've been doing surprisingly well with them in the feeder (4-0-3 so far but 2 of my losses were due to crash/DC while I was up on points) and I don't think the league has any Pro Elves.

Not trying Ogres outside of the Snotling league though. Definitely not that hardcore.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #157 on: July 16, 2011, 03:24:09 PM

No hilarity with Dwarves.

Depends on what you find hilarious. The dwarf passing game is pretty funny. :P

That said I don't think dwarves are a team for me, their slowness makes my traditional positioning fuck ups even more depressing.

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: July 16, 2011, 03:46:35 PM

Dwarves are great for minimizing risk/randomness. They're not so great for recovering from positioning errors, so in that sense they're not the easiest team in the world to play. They're still pretty easy though.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: July 16, 2011, 06:35:32 PM

Dwarves are for people who hate dice, basically. Or I suppose a much smaller group of people -- people who think dwarves are cool. The first group is somewhat easier to understand, but in any case I hate playing dwarves -- all the interesting-situation-generation tends to come from the other team, while the dwarves just kind of dwarf-about being exactly what you expect them to be.

Ingmar did buy a deathroller though, so that's something.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: July 16, 2011, 07:01:41 PM

I think dwarves are completely awesome. I have a dwarf fetish. I still don't know if I like playing them
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: July 16, 2011, 07:06:53 PM

much smaller group of people -- people who think dwarves are cool.

Mob

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #162 on: July 16, 2011, 08:21:42 PM

Dwarves are cool and I'll fistfight anyone who says otherwise!  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: July 16, 2011, 11:37:35 PM

I think dwarves are completely awesome. I have a dwarf fetish. I still don't know if I like playing them

Yes well obviously there is a tension in that even smaller group of people -- those who like dwarves but are not scared of randomness.

We don't generally hear from those people regarding Blood Bowl, however, as they are too busy playing Dwarf Fortress.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: July 17, 2011, 05:09:11 AM

I was playing Dwarf Fortress yesterday!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: July 17, 2011, 06:56:28 AM

With my shit dice rolling I officially hate randomness.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: July 17, 2011, 12:10:03 PM

Dwarf Fortress is a UI upgrade away from nobody ever hearing from me again.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 4 Playoff Speculation  
Jump to: