Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:57:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Looking for some good TV... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for some good TV...  (Read 35345 times)
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: June 03, 2005, 02:31:10 PM

Well, me being from germany, my usage of the word "new" should be taken with a grain of salt

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #211 on: June 03, 2005, 02:48:26 PM

For you silly Veronica Mars junkies:

Quote from: E!
Watch With Kristin

Veronica Mars: According to sources close to the show, Veronica's second-season pickup came with a suggestion: that producers try to pull in a broader audience closer in demographics to its new time-slot partner on UPN, America's Next Top Model. To do so, the idea was that Veronica should get a female companion, hopefully with a "name" (rumor has it they tossed around the name Tara Reid--though I choose not to believe that), an older love interest and, here comes the hard part, that producers scale back two characters close to Veronica (meaning, they won't be in every episode), and write off a third.

Hope you're sitting down. Because sources in the know tell me someone is getting killed off of Veronica Mars six episodes into the new season. And who it is will rip your heart into itty-bitty pieces.

Though I'm tempted to name this dead man walking so you can write in letters to help save this beloved character and actor, I've been promised a slow, torturous death inside a burning refrigerator if I do, for it will spoil a major upcoming plot point. Hmph.

So, I can only issue this plea to the Powers That Be: Please, if at all possible, do your best not to tinker with the core relationships and core identity of this show. Those of us who have followed and adored Veronica Mars from the very beginning know the trick is not in making this show "better" (it's already creative genius) or "more mainstream" (Kristen Bell is as universally likable as chocolate), but in simply getting the word out. Sure, that isn't easy, but we have mouths. We'll help!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #212 on: June 03, 2005, 04:50:16 PM

Only thing worse I can imagine happening to that show would be hiring David E. Kelley as a creative consultant. 

People don't need to die in that show. She doesn't need a famous slutty friend.  Flfyeye elyeh ryleh eh'da efspfof cafrese, cthulu!

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #213 on: June 17, 2005, 11:01:45 AM

Since we were talking about Deadwood actors in different roles up there:

I was just watching There's Something About Marie and they had a "DVD of TV" segment with an interview with the guy who played Warren, Cameron Diaz's retarded brother.  Turns out it is was the guy who plays Dan Dority, Al's right hand man.  I was very suprised.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #214 on: June 17, 2005, 11:11:18 AM

Since we were talking about Deadwood actors in different roles up there:

I was just watching There's Something About Marie and they had a "DVD of TV" segment with an interview with the guy who played Warren, Cameron Diaz's retarded brother.  Turns out it is was the guy who plays Dan Dority, Al's right hand man.  I was very suprised.

Wow. I can't believe that was him. Quite a chameleon!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #215 on: June 17, 2005, 11:51:03 AM

Will Sasso played a tard on Drop Dead Gorgeous, but I guess that wasn't much of a stretch. But dang the man does a good Kenny Rogers.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #216 on: June 17, 2005, 12:52:54 PM

Sasso's look changed quite a bit when he dropped a gazillion pounds. Good comic actor, I always rooted for the guy since he's a local boy.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #217 on: September 21, 2012, 03:48:22 PM

The original Lexx with Eva Habermann was decent because of Eva Habermann nekkiid.
Lexx was a beatoff show. If anybody watched it for a plotline their brain went out for a smoke.

Boo. No, the first cinema length episodes (1-4) were...special. They already had a campy vibe, but taking itself serious enough and, more importently, being intelligent enough. Add that the to a plot/story which stood up to any other SF around (plus the the nekkidness/gore/euro-weirdness) and it's one of a insider's tip.

*Yes, thread-necro. But someone was wrong on the internet. And I care!

Edit: Not to forget it features Malcolm McDowell and the lovely Tim Curry, who are both a way too rare treat on TV nowadays.

Ediit: and Rutger Hauer.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:55:21 PM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Rasix

Reply #218 on: September 21, 2012, 04:25:30 PM

-Rasix
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #219 on: September 21, 2012, 04:38:26 PM

Dear Mr. Rasix, Moderator, yes, I am aware it is a Necro, but...

a) I am really drunk
b) I stood before the choice of starting a new, pointless, thread or using an existing one
c) I felt very strongly about the topic in discussion, as euro-sf is very underrated and I feel a need to root for my team.
d) I really loved Lexx and feel somewhat missionary about it. I want more people to be aware of it and watch it.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: September 21, 2012, 04:42:37 PM

a) I am really drunk
b) I stood before the choice of starting a new, pointless, thread or using an existing one
c) I felt very strongly about the topic in discussion, as euro-sf is very underrated and I feel a need to root for my team.
d) I really loved Lexx and feel somewhat missionary about it. I want more people to be aware of it and watch it.

I like the defense of the necro and am now more aware of Lexx
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #221 on: September 21, 2012, 08:08:51 PM

Being drunk pretty much justifies anything. 
Rasix

Reply #222 on: September 22, 2012, 12:29:24 AM

a) I am really drunk

Acceptable. This also shows you used the search.  Thumbs up!

Being drunk pretty much justifies anything. 

No.  Feel free to test this, however.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? why so serious?

-Rasix
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: September 22, 2012, 09:36:17 AM

Head scratch

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Looking for some good TV...  
Jump to: