Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:22:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2229359 times)
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4795 on: July 01, 2011, 03:27:47 AM

Not sure why you're crashing a lot. I downloaded ATI hotfix and it fixed most of the issues, even though I'm under the recommended hardware specs.
But that's ok. I'm sure Bioware can fix up some great RPG before you had to resort to FF13 for any sort of fun. :)

11.6 was already out when I bought Witcher 2, so I skipped that part. I guess ATI screwed up, and I really don't want to roll back my drivers.

Anyway, I backed away from FFXIII and bought Civ V from Gamersgate's sale. £6.78 (7.5€) seemed like a good deal, one that even the Steam sale is unlikely to beat (famous last words?).
WayAbvPar

Reply #4796 on: July 01, 2011, 08:54:03 AM

The two biggest failings of the MTG UI are in trying to look or target specific things in a stack of cards, and the way it has you go about using some of the special abilities, like with the captivating vampire and that giant squid that can tap stuff.  The first attempts to use each of those didn't work right at all. 

Yep. It is gorgeous, but the fugly MTGO interface (played that last night...so weakwilled am I) works a hell of a lot better. If they could get the graphics from DOTP and the usefulness of the MTGO interface (for duels only...the rest of it is fucking awful), they would have something.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #4797 on: July 02, 2011, 08:24:32 PM

Finished up Fallout New Vegas with the DLC so decided to try Two Worlds again.  I'm struggling to find anything really compelling about it so far. 
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4798 on: July 04, 2011, 06:03:49 PM

In what I am sure was ENTIRELY a coincidence, the connection with the host of the duel I was in was mysteriously lost right before the combat round that would have won me the match.  As far as I can tell, the game ending like that doesn't count as a win or loss.  Hopefully it's not something I'll be seeing more of. 

Of course, I can't check for sure, or even what my W/L standings are, because every time I click on the leaderboard, it crashes the game out. 
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #4799 on: July 04, 2011, 06:25:58 PM

Well, decent rundown here what with the sale and all:

1) Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 - playtime has dropped off from my initial frenzy, but still getting a game or two a day in.
2) Just got New Vegas on Steam sale, absolutely digging the hell out of it.  Just feels right.  Glad I waited for the sale and got it with the DLC for cheap.
3) Civ 5 - Playing it a bit lately, hoping to pick up the DLC during the sale - hoping it goes on sale.
4) Minecraft -
5) Planet Zomboid - just found this little guy today.  Playing the free pre-alpha demo.  This game oozes potential and I like the approach its taking to the Zombie survival genre.  Will be keeping a closer eye on this.

Pretty good time for games lately!
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4800 on: July 04, 2011, 07:59:15 PM

Finished AC Brotherhood - another curveball ending.  Singularity is downloading, and horribly slowly at that (ISP primetime congestion).

...really should pick up Witcher 2 again at some point.  I recall I did put the original down for awhile too, and eventually came back to finish it.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #4801 on: July 04, 2011, 09:10:43 PM

Metro 2033. Great game, seems even more Stalker-ish than Stalker. Today's sale reminded me that I'd bought it and never finished, so I started up again; this time on Ranger Hardcore mode.

Basically it takes away the hud and ups the difficulty, giving it a very survival style feel. I'd recommend you guys give it a go as well! Shame there's no co-op.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #4802 on: July 06, 2011, 05:05:25 AM

I know a few have duel of the planeswalkers, is the special ed worth buying? Demo has me hooked. Crap UI, though.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #4803 on: July 06, 2011, 05:08:19 AM

I know a few have duel of the planeswalkers, is the special ed worth buying? Demo has me hooked. Crap UI, though.

If you just want to play for the sake of playing, the normal edition is fine. If you want some foil cards and other visual fanciness to show off online, then get the special edition, but as far as Iknow it doesn't actually add anything gameplay wise.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #4804 on: July 06, 2011, 05:44:12 AM

Ah, cool.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4805 on: July 06, 2011, 07:16:42 AM

So I bought Guild Wars. I liked the idea of no sub, honestly.

The movement and action seems so wonky it's very off-putting. I know it's an older game and I'm not expecting state-of-the-art, but this is bad. The game it reminds me of so far (and honestly, not even as good in the control's "feel")? Shadowbane.  ACK!

I'll try for a few more levels (rolled a warrior in Nightfall), but I'm probably going to regret buying this. If the controls don't work, the game doesn't work.

Also, the first character I saw in a public area was named something like Penis Thruster.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4806 on: July 06, 2011, 09:49:10 AM

I think you would like LoTRO Sky.  It's all about wandering around and taking your time.  And it's mostly free.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #4807 on: July 06, 2011, 10:09:05 AM

Tropico 3.  The game wherein Sheepherder loses three hours making rum and shooting rebels.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4808 on: July 06, 2011, 11:08:03 AM

I think you would like LoTRO Sky.  It's all about wandering around and taking your time.  And it's mostly free.
Yeah, I don't know why I haven't stuck with that. I've played it a couple times.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4809 on: July 06, 2011, 03:59:50 PM

I remember GW having a wonky movement system...but there was a decent game in there.

At least you don't have to start in Prophecies - that starting area after the cataclysm was THE WORST.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #4810 on: July 06, 2011, 05:56:16 PM

If you just want to play for the sake of playing, the normal edition is fine. If you want some foil cards and other visual fanciness to show off online, then get the special edition, but as far as Iknow it doesn't actually add anything gameplay wise.

Putting this here as there isn't a thread I can see and I don't want to make one.

You can't select which lands you want to tap? Am I missing this in the options? This is super super annoying.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4811 on: July 06, 2011, 11:31:45 PM

Nope, I haven't found an option to make that manual.  It's screwed me over once or twice now. 
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #4812 on: July 07, 2011, 10:57:58 PM

Spacechem and Starcraft 2.

Spacechem is excellent!  Getting stuck after working on a design for a while and realizing you'll have to start over is quite frustrating unfortunately, but it makes success taste all the sweeter.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #4813 on: July 11, 2011, 05:20:31 AM

Spent 3 days trying to get into "The World Ends With You" and I'm trading it back into Amazon today.  God damn what an annoying and spastastic combat system, and dying because I'm focusing on actually getting the game to recognize my attacks and not noticing my HP is down is frustrating.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4814 on: July 11, 2011, 07:35:31 AM

Gary Grigby's War in the East. If you ever played a tabletop wargame with 100's of counters detailing the invasion of Russia and counting down losses to the individual plane/tank/trunk/solider, single turns taking hours and being able to see if Hitler was wrong and going for Moscow over Kiev and Leningrad was true or not, this is the game for you.

Also, Eve Online, but I refuse to pay for it, so I'm using my millions in ISK to play using time cards. Fuck CCP until they nurf Supercaps into the ground.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4815 on: July 11, 2011, 08:01:26 AM

Played a bit of Civ V as the Ottomans on an archipelago (my favorite map). Going to be a slog because I was peacefully expanding slowly until I tried to bottleneck the Vikings. Even though I knew Harald was going to get pissed, I had him on friendly, plenty of trade deals and I had even gifted him the turn before he poured a massive amount of troops onto my poor settlement at the ass end of the Ottoman Empire. If I stick it out, I should be able to take him down, my navy is pretty large thanks to the Ottoman barbary conversion of barbarian ships. But it'll be messy (and I forgotten so many small details on how V is different, it's annoying).

And Rift. Damn thing. The World event gun is so ripping for a marksman/ranger, it's kind of ridiculous. Also been playing a necro/lock, a melee cleric and a paragon.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:03:54 AM by Sky »
WayAbvPar

Reply #4816 on: July 11, 2011, 11:42:36 AM

I too am back on Civ V atm. Napoleon is a backstabbing little bastard. It was nice of him to sneak attack me and then let me annex Orleans.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4817 on: July 11, 2011, 12:15:54 PM

Gran Turismo 5 a bit more.  Earned one million credits doing some Special Events and promptly spent 990,000 of them on a new car.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.  I took a look at Portrait of Ruin but was convinced to not play it because it is buggy, so I went back to OoE.  I was trying to level up Arma Felix before I learned that only familiars level up.

I have probably given up on Just Cause 2 at 98%.  I could go further but I'm no longer excited about it.  Replaced it with Saint's Row.  SR shows its age a bit.

My wife explained to me (indirectly) that she wants to play a western RPG, and she wants something of the TESIV genre.  We have been trying demos on XBL and currently have Divinity II ready to go, to be followed by Gothic 4 at some point.  She seems to like Two Worlds, so that one is probably on the list as well.  When I told her that the previous Gothic games were PC only, she frowned.  Pretty sure we will be getting Risen as well.

Before we start one of those ERPGs, we are going to finish L.A. Noire.

Canceled the WoW sub, will use that to justify purchasing Turbine Points for LotRO.

Some Mortal Kombat, the new one where you buy characters.  Borrowed a copy to see if I can unlock anyone before I get bored with it.  Nostalgia++ so far.

Played the demo for Costume Quest and will be buying it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4818 on: July 11, 2011, 12:20:22 PM

Still trying to finish Ultima underworld. Picked up NWN 2 and am playing through that with some friends.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4819 on: July 11, 2011, 01:17:09 PM

Working on Singularity.  Seems to be a Russian version of Half-Life thus far, plus fun with time.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4820 on: July 11, 2011, 01:35:55 PM

Thanks to the Steam sale, I'm now working on Mass Effect 2, will be starting a Football Manager 2011 season, have some new stuff to look at in Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam. At some point, I need to go back to Final Fantasy XIII and the Broken Steel DLC I downloaded for Fallout 3. That's in addition to playing through a season on FIFA 11 with the Chicago Fire, and leveling up my Barbarian in Age of Conan.

I need to become someone's kept man so I can play all these games.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #4821 on: July 12, 2011, 04:48:04 AM

Hahaha this is too funny.

How to save $10 off Skyrim Price

First, you have to buy a copy of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Collector’s Edition for full price.  (Easy enough) $30

Then you have to buy The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and the Skyrim Official Strategy Guide for full price, no discounts allowed (not even store employees) $60 + $25

Now it gets fun:

You have to have bought Skyrim and the Strategy guide between 11/11 and 12/11 (One month window) at the same exact time and have them shown on the same receipt.  (Don’t wanna lose that)

Last, but certainly not least: you have to cut off the UPC codes from all three items and mail them to Bethesda with the coupon from the anniversary edition and both of your receipts.  Then, in just a few short weeks you’ll get… wait for it… a $10 Visa Gift Card!!

So, if you think buying the Oblivion collector’s edition and getting $10 off Skyrim is a good deal… think again.

In reality, you have to spend over $115 and jump through hoops to get a $10 gift card.  Sweet deal..?

awesome, for real

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4822 on: July 12, 2011, 04:57:42 AM

Steam is making me a junky.  Mass Effect I and then II for me.  TF2 when the urge hits.  Also, getting some games in for MtG: Planeswalkers.  Have Rift, but probably going to cancel.  I'm spending more time with the other games to make a subscription worthwhile.  I have a ton of Steam games on my wishlist now.  I don't really see an end in sight.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4823 on: July 12, 2011, 05:04:05 AM

First, you have to buy a copy of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Collector’s Edition for full price.

awesome, for real

I was planning on buying that for PS3, but they didn't add in trophies or a smattering of the DLC that PS3 never got.  It was kinda silly not to add that stuff.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4824 on: July 12, 2011, 09:13:48 AM

So, played a little of Two Worlds 2 last night.  This intro/tutorial just makes me want to play Oblivion.    I hope the open world aspects are well done, because this game's first impression is that it's amateur hour.

However, despite the hackneyed prison breakout intro, it does have a certain charm to it. Willing to give it a shot. 

-Rasix
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #4825 on: July 12, 2011, 10:16:30 AM

So, played a little of Two Worlds 2 last night.  This intro/tutorial just makes me want to play Oblivion.    I hope the open world aspects are well done, because this game's first impression is that it's amateur hour.

However, despite the hackneyed prison breakout intro, it does have a certain charm to it. Willing to give it a shot. 

I bought and played this because I recall hearing that the open-worldy bits were a lot of fun, but the combat/story was dreadful. I haven't managed to get through the intro ("You're the chosen one!" "Huh? What are you talking about?" "We don't have time to chat, follow me down this hallway." [Hold RMB to sprint]).

Now I'm playing Kerbal Space Program instead because I like building rockets and launching little green men into space.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4826 on: July 12, 2011, 10:30:54 AM

Two Worlds is a solid 6 so far on my book, but I've only just escaped the tutorial and been set free in the world. That took like an hour. The voice acting is laughably bad, and the dubs are even worse. Constantly mouths are moving like some awful Japanese dubbed Godzilla movie. Combat is not great. The magic system is ok, but ranged stuff is just dumb. It all feels very lockon targety done poorly with a lot of stupid skills that don't do much.

It looks good though, and the open parts and crafting bits are neat. If only the UI wasn't complete ass. How is it that gaming companies can still manage to screw up an inventory screen in this day and age?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #4827 on: July 12, 2011, 01:14:37 PM

Does it control better than the first Two Worlds?  The controls (especially horse riding) were so awful I had to stop playing the first game
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4828 on: July 12, 2011, 01:45:08 PM

It's pretty clumsy.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4829 on: July 12, 2011, 01:48:00 PM

Controls are ok. A lot of it is that multiple things are tied to one button. Want to jump? Space. Want to pick something up? Space. Want to sneak? RMB. Want to sprint? RMB. Want to block? RMB.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: