Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 12:25:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1974441 times)
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4795 on: April 07, 2009, 11:55:12 AM

Oh my. You realize most of BOB stopped posting on SHC because it was considered biased against them? They have a mod team that's doing a great job, comes from all major alliances and keeps the place sane. You go there for battle reports. It's wonderful for that, and any attempt to have a meaningful discussion on the meta-game level between members of the opposing sides has been shown to fail time and time again.

Amiable, your postings there looked like simple trolling, and yes, people get kicked out for that quickly. The SHC regulars kinda like it that way. Politics discussion *can* be fine if you do not make assumptions and simply state your viewpoint, or report the facts.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4796 on: April 07, 2009, 12:02:40 PM

BOB came back at one point (yes, it used to be a pretty even handed site)

And his posts were just as trolling as AJ's immediately following the new thread. By all rights he should earn a GBBS ban for those, since he actively admits he was posting knowingly false information in an attempt to troll corrections out of people. I'm betting you he'll still be posting there, even though GBBS bans are supposed to be final.

Threads get locked in there due to an assumption that goon posts are shitposts. Not because they're trollier than BoB posts.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #4797 on: April 07, 2009, 12:04:55 PM

Oh my. You realize most of BOB stopped posting on SHC because it was considered biased against them? They have a mod team that's doing a great job, comes from all major alliances and keeps the place sane. You go there for battle reports. It's wonderful for that, and any attempt to have a meaningful discussion on the meta-game level between members of the opposing sides has been shown to fail time and time again.

Amiable, your postings there looked like simple trolling, and yes, people get kicked out for that quickly. The SHC regulars kinda like it that way. Politics discussion *can* be fine if you do not make assumptions and simply state your viewpoint, or report the facts.

Wha?  
Then the forum really should be called "battle reports" not "war and politics."  We seem to have a pretty meaningful discussion of the game on a metagame level here, so it doesn't seem impossible to me.  Also, could you please quote the posts I made that you consider "trolling,"  I'm a bit curious as to what constitutes "trolling" in your mind.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 12:28:46 PM by amiable »
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4798 on: April 07, 2009, 12:07:03 PM

Politics is also allowed by the GBBS rules, just not in the goons v bob threads for understandable reasons (they both troll each other incessantly for the most part). But the only person really trolling the last pages of the other delve thread and the first pages of the new one is AJ.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4799 on: April 07, 2009, 01:17:52 PM

SH is basically the old timers forum that's why they get away with blatant trolling and shit posting that'd get a newbie banned in no time.  Also the secret to posting in W&P is get your ridiculous propaganda in first then when anyone questions it "CAOD IS THAT WAY YOU SHIT ------->".  I think Calmdown must have aspergers or something as he literally cannot cope with people disagreeing with one another.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4800 on: April 07, 2009, 01:28:38 PM

SHC isn't really any more biased than we are here, just in the other direction.  The moderation here is a much lighter touch, and we tend to keep it a bit less full of passive-aggressive without policing (not counting hurf-meister Sir T, who I love dearly but ache to ban from local and from arguing with T-Rez), but it would be daft to suggest that the folks like Setar, LC, Trevor, and a few others aren't outnumbered by the Goon/PL faction.

The slant towards Coalition posting here kinda reflects the dates each became popular: SHC is longer-running and older players with political interests very often have some sort of links (current or historical) to Moo, Kenny or a bunch of other alliances aligned with Bob.  This thread, on the other hand, dates back to the T20/Great Southern War era and inspired a lot of the F13 posters to try Eve.  Of course, the fact that the bulk of F13 Eve players went through corps 'rebooted' by a Goon (Bat Country and F13) reinforces that cultural tendency.

The fact is, though, that there have only ever had to be half a dozen moderations in this thread in 2 & 1/2 years and 138 pages, not counting the occasional peeling-off of diversions into their own threads.  This in a thread that covered the T20/Aurora scandals, the Great Southern War, Max, the ROL-funded war in Feyth and Delve II.  The reasons for that are varied, I'd suggest.  F13 has a specific culture which, outside of the politics forum, is intolerant of certain posting styles that SHC cultivates.  That culture doesn't always persuade the posting superstars who occasionally turn up here to remain long, which lessens ego-driven drama.  And we play a lot of MMOs here, which leads people to be less invested in this one game (I'm thinking of Sith8 on SHC).

And, finally, it's easy to be easy-going, mojito-sipping brosefs when you're usually on the winning side.  SHC's Kenzoku members have been losing campaigns for years now: probably everything since ASCN (unless you count Delve I as a campaign win vOv).  Goons have been stumbling comedically from ally-driven success (the first defence of the South) to retard-provided success (Smash/Roadkill) over the same period.  When, inevitably, we eventually lose all our space and are "freed from the chains of pos warfare" to be "more dangerous than ever in our [rifter] ~wulfpax~" we will probably become all hurf-blurf for a while, too.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #4801 on: April 07, 2009, 01:29:34 PM

SH is basically the old timers forum that's why they get away with blatant trolling and shit posting that'd get a newbie banned in no time.  Also the secret to posting in W&P is get your ridiculous propaganda in first then when anyone questions it "CAOD IS THAT WAY YOU SHIT ------->".  I think Calmdown must have aspergers or something as he literally cannot cope with people disagreeing with one another.

The only flaw in your logic:  I have an 06' account and the folks I was arguing against all had 08' accounts.  By the "old timers" logic then they should be the ones getting booted out of threads.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4802 on: April 07, 2009, 02:14:53 PM

The only flaw in your logic:  I have an 06' account and the folks I was arguing against all had 08' accounts.  By the "old timers" logic then they should be the ones getting booted out of threads.

It's not who you are it's who you know.  You're a goon therefore a whippersnapper.  I'm an '03 outsider  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4803 on: April 07, 2009, 03:03:17 PM

SHC just sucks at moderating, like most forums. That's about it.

Random SHC mod:

"YOU FUCKERS BETTER STOP FUCKING FUCKERING YOU FUCKICKY FUCKS"
*does no actual moderation of the thread*

I can't hate on SHC too much though, they still have a pretty solid knowledge base of fittings and ship setups.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4804 on: April 07, 2009, 03:04:05 PM

Endie, that was one hell of a summary. Do you have a tip jar somewhere :) ? Very nice and pretty much spot on -- although I ended up on SHC because of it's Minmatar focus.

Oh, and for the record, no idea why AJ, Xelya and a few others have not received a ban yet. Maybe because they are the only active BOB posters left, but I still would pay for a CAOD Cleaner-type script for some folks at times.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4805 on: April 07, 2009, 03:45:05 PM

Just +rep me, brosef.

An interesting post from Jake Noble in Molle's notoriously backfiring Silence! thread, where Molle, with a straight face, suggested that Kenny didn't need no stinking help from AAA and had the situation under control (then lost his dread fleet a few hours later).

Anyway, let's all be tolerant of Jake's confusion over the words "your" and "you're", because this seems about how we would react if we'd been propping up a shitty ally that we didn't actually like very much then had them say that they were doing just fine by themselves and minimise our role:

These threads served a purpose back when bob was actually something. But when you look at your alliance now these post make a mockery of your members and those helping you.

This thread reaks of dbp, similar to the post he tried to have you post during the Delve war the one that every other leader shot down apart from the inactive.

I do wonder when talking to other leaders / ceos if you actually spoke to anyone before making this stupid post, because they seem about as joyful as the average member when reading this.

Make these stupid posts when you achieve something on your own. This only serves to boost your own ego and make mockery of your allies and those who are helping you regain the lost ground. Be careful or you will lose those you need most.

Also the flawless game mechanics were your other CEO's lax security when it came to sorting out roles, giving directorship roles was easier than assigning a title.

~ love ~

jake

Molle, presumably, will be reduced to abject (private) explanations of how he didn't mean it and values not just AAA but Systematic Chaos and Coven very much indeed.  It must be genuinely jarring to play the role of supplicant, and as Jake slyly suggests (it must be pleasant for him to see the reversed roles) he just doesn't seem to be able to remember his new place in the pecking order.

Edit: oops he fixed his use of "you're" for "your" before I copy/pasted.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:28:38 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4806 on: April 07, 2009, 03:59:46 PM

It's clearly a propaganda trap, lulling you into a false sense of security. Your days are numbered!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4807 on: April 07, 2009, 04:26:17 PM

(not counting hurf-meister Sir T, who I love dearly but ache to ban from local and from arguing with T-Rez)

My heard bleeds.... hang on who the hell is T-Rez?

Joke Nooble stuff

I suspect that there might be a bit of trolling and fakeposting in order there, because SFShootme came on 6 posts later and quoted that and then simply posted

u mad?

SFShootme might be a completely delusional twat but I seriously doubt even he is cocky and daft enough to sling words back in an allies face on an ultra public forum without there bing another adgenda. I suspect they want to appear more confrontational than things really are, to make "goonies spin lulz"

That's isn't to say there are NOT tensions, which is why clowns like Jack and SFSuzy pretending to fight could spark a real explosion.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4808 on: April 07, 2009, 04:29:53 PM

I have to admit that it is sooo blatant that i begin to wonder if you're not right.

That said, it so happens that it's all true...

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4809 on: April 07, 2009, 04:35:35 PM

"Jesters do oft prove prophets." - King Lear - Shakespeare.

Hic sunt dracones.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4810 on: April 07, 2009, 05:28:13 PM

Eve is only really played for the Drama.

Now imagine...Kenny moves their now new, improved and far more invigorated Capfleet into AAA's stations. And then AAA lock's them out.

A nice dream, but probably never going to happen. Still, it would be a fitting end for BoB/Kenny and a chance to begin again, from scratch over the ashes of the past. ROL would probably offer to sell the docking rights back at 100mil per docking fee.

As for the other topic at hand, I first found SHC when looking for ship fittings. Now I have EFT and the Goonswarm wiki there's little need for it. Personally I think it would be more interesting to have a mostly unmodded politics forum and a heavily moderated war reports forum. After all, the reason we are fighting in 49- NOW is because Savok posted a troll on there in the first place. Drama breeds Drama and a heavily locked forum is a boring one (note, f13 is not, but it's a content of it's posters, not the powers of the mods doing it). And the regular pilots of the all fleets need somewhere to hang out not controlled by CCP Navigator and his thugs.   Perhaps when we get booze and strippers and blackjacks in game we'll all be able to discuss the ongoing wars in some dive in Neutral Providence or something.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4811 on: April 07, 2009, 08:12:46 PM

The reason F13 doesn't have to be heavy-handed with moderation is, IMO, because very few things of galactic significance happen on our forums.  Once in a blue moon we'll have a Jade Constantine-sized issue here but it tends to blow over quickly enough that we can settle back into relative anonymity after picking up a few positive contributors like Trevor, Setar or Pezzle in the process.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4812 on: April 08, 2009, 02:53:39 AM

I spent all night racking my brain about who T-rez was (T-Rex???)  And this morning at work it hit me. Ahh well it kept me amused for 18 Hours.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Incidently Mollies Girlfriend has posted an Emegency damage control post on CAOD after SFSorry's post, so Joke Nooble may have been genuine...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 04:16:17 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #4813 on: April 08, 2009, 07:05:05 AM

And we play a lot of MMOs here, which leads people to be less invested in this one game (I'm thinking of Sith8 on SHC).
This has lot to do with the difference, i think. People who post on SHC about EVE do it because it's EVE forum that isn't CAOD. It started EVE-centric. Here, the EVE sub-section is just something to check occasionally* to see how the game i no longer really care much about is doing. Less interest in game, less interest in arguing about it.

*) personal view, obviously. ymmv etc.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4814 on: April 08, 2009, 08:30:02 AM

Incidently Mollies Girlfriend has posted an Emegency damage control post on CAOD after SFSorry's post, so Joke Nooble may have been genuine...

Copy/Paste for the work firewall crew pretty please...

Witty banter not included.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4815 on: April 08, 2009, 08:32:54 AM

Llondon Hilton
-----------------

I understand some of Molle's appreciation to our allies might have gotten lost in the longer than 1 line Goon-type post, so Goonses and anyone who might have missed it, there you go.

It's an honour to fly with the relentless and superfriend allies we have. Your pride is well deserved and earned. Cool

I have come to love my BOB friends whose unity, care, and fun goes well beyond the game we play. I don't expect everyone to love us, in fact, enemies that play as hard as we do make it all the more fun YARRRR!!

Also, what game anywhere anytime is any fun if the players can't stand up and shout "Woot!" when they win a hand?

<3
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4816 on: April 08, 2009, 12:22:33 PM

The above is a bit pointless without the bits of the original post by her king and boyfriend so that AAA might catch the TRUE meaning and KNOW they really really really appreciate them despite what they might have said on Teamspeak and forums and their attitude and and...

... There was no way we were going to let go of the hold we had over the space we started conquering. AAA/Atlas/ROL and Stainwagon stayed behind to finish the job. [trUST, HONOUR, RESPECT]

It became apparant after a few days, that we would not be able to hold onto Delve, with the mad rush from everyone to try and spam towers... We still decided to see if we could delay the invasion long enough, so that our friends could finish off Impass/Eso and Feyth. ... The cost was well worth it. [PROPS and THANKS]

The wait begins. Every day I get asked if we want help, and if AAA/Atlas/ROL and Stainwagon should come to our aid. Every day we say "no, finish the job first".

A couple of weeks ago the wait was over, and our brothers in arms were ready to stand beside us to face the onslaught... [PATIENCE, TRUST, APPRECIATION to OUR BROTHERS]

The whole post is sung to the sound of Whitney Houston "I will always LOOOVE YOU!!!"

Pretty grovelling after Jakes missive
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 12:36:14 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4817 on: April 08, 2009, 04:25:04 PM

How the fuck can AJ not be banned from GBBS?  I would yell about it there.  Chances are that would get me banned.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 07:16:50 PM by Pezzle »
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4818 on: April 08, 2009, 07:06:51 PM

That latest posting spree should end his GBBS privs. I mean, if there's anything fair about it. He's just purposefully shitting up the thread now.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4819 on: April 08, 2009, 08:29:21 PM

Lets assume that People here don't actually read crapheap and  dont know what you are on about. Post quotes please?

Hic sunt dracones.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4820 on: April 08, 2009, 08:32:09 PM

AJ

------------

An epic battle went down in and around 49-u (or close to it).

It was the most epic clash between bob and goons for days.
Battle report is still a bit unclear, but initial reports say bob has officially WON EVE!!!

http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image2dxe.jpg

As you see here clear cut proof that bob won over goons and managed to get the girl over to their side!
No need to say more!

I am guest9 (couldnt change my name for some reason).

(think we are 30+ bob in here more than in 49-u atm tbh Smile)

Edit: Second engagement bob wins second battle! and it seems its far from over.
So far the battle has raced over 7 different chats (we keep getting kicked out for some reason).

Edit:bob defeats goons for a third time tonight.
Complete victory!

PS: mods dont be mad this is the best fight we had all day with goons Smile Banhammer tbh Wink - Major
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4821 on: April 08, 2009, 10:04:41 PM

could you please stop copy/pasting his posts good lord

I got in a small fight today where we bridged in against razor, was good times because I usually can't play in that timezone.  Not sure at all what was going on, except we outnumbered them and they jumped out as soon as they could:  http://a-kills.com/related.php?id=238290  .  I got on 6 kms!

I'm also trying out a pilgrim for the first time, cost me an arm and a leg but I hope I don't die immediately and have some fun w/ it trying to solo gank.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #4822 on: April 09, 2009, 12:17:43 AM

Yes, stop pasting propaganda in the war thread, kill board links are much more interesting.
 DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

/g

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4823 on: April 09, 2009, 01:44:51 AM

Ouch, that post looks even worse out of context.

Anyweay, in 49- a Goonswarm tower came out of reinforced at a little after 0700 this morning.  Failings on our side included an op thread being posted  way late and in impressively uninspiring language, and as a result turnout was lower than it has been during euro prime recently.  Meanwhile, Kenny called in their protective Russian guards - for whom the timezone was ok if they didn't have work - and we lost the tower.  We now need a swing of five towers at some point to take the system, having cut that from six to four recently.

Thursday is the traditional beginning of the setup for Kenny/AAA's weekend attacks.  After last week being so quiet, we'll see if the momentum picks up again, especially with it being Easter and lots of Euros having a long weekend (not I: my company are rank heathens), though since Easter/Pascha is a week later in Russia this year I don't know just how committed Kenny will dare to risk being vOv

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4824 on: April 09, 2009, 06:33:15 AM

Happy Easter everybody!  When this - http://evemaps.dotlan.net/outposts/ - updates for today's downtime you should see how we decorated our eggs...

In other words, we just dropped two eggs in the B4H constellation.  "But Endie," I hear you say.  "That constellation has a worst truesec of -0.01 and a best truesec of -0.02!"  Why would those wacky goons put two outposts in the most worthless constellation in all of the game?"

Well, you see, it goes a bit like this.  When Kenny owned Delve, they built a bunch of outposts.  But, after a while, they got bored of that and decided it was better to build titans as going-away presents for every pilot who was about to go inactive.  Also, some senior players fancied the idea of squirreling away a few tens of billions for a rainy day, Zimbabwe-style.  So when we inherited the place, there were only four sov-4-capable constellations.  What sort of a fortress is that?

So now we have made the B4H constellation into a sov-4-capable cluster, with all the hilariously broken sov mechanics that entails (NOL is the third outpost in that constellation).  Should be there in a fortnight, assuming Kenny doesn't manage to persuade the Russians to break sov there in the next 12 days or so (which, considering how they did against an undefended sov 4 cluster a few weeks ago, might be a bit of an ask).  This leaves three outposts in the entire region that aren't in sov-4 candidates.  Three out of twenty-two.

Twitter - Endieposts

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4825 on: April 09, 2009, 07:13:03 AM

Bitch bitch bitch.

Anyway, CVA forces dropped in on X13/Fear Inc in Low Sec.  It seems they were abusing some locals.  They lost 5 caps, 3 had faction gear.  We lost a falcon, blackbird and ibis.  Not sure about any friendly losses.  The other 5 probably would have died, it looks like we only had 5-6 tacklers though.  Ahh well. Dead caps make chocolate Jesus happy.

Otherwise it is pretty quiet.  American in a euro corp and all that.  Time for more purges!
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4826 on: April 09, 2009, 07:46:55 AM

Curatores Veritatis Alliance is the best Veritatis Alliance.

What did you drop on them? Your usual sniper gangs or did you use caps as well?  Also, do lowsec pirates (these guys sound like pirates) use caps to ransom now or what?

Witty banter not included.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4827 on: April 09, 2009, 08:02:06 AM

So that's where X13 (no relation!) went after Querious.  Good to see they're picking up where they left off...  Though the naughty little tinkers have only posted two of their losses on their boards: http://kb.x13corp.dk/?a=losses

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4828 on: April 09, 2009, 08:20:32 AM

In minor news I did a newbie training op last night and we wandered into Catch to Die spectacularly. After having all the reds run away from our little 10 man frigate group, We went into F4R, shot up a tower with our little frigate guns and then died to Uhsra'Khan who were bravely sitting on the undock of the station, just in case.

[01:55:14] Lord Makk > You are engaging caldari starship engineering at its finest with a max skilled pilot by the helm

Fuck that, we killed a lot of t2 drones  why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4829 on: April 09, 2009, 08:22:08 AM

Caps were used on both sides.  Slugged it out at a neutral/friendly tower.  We had caps/support/tower fire.  They had caps.  The hostiles were acting cagey but patience paid off.  It looks like the friendlies took some losses at short range from the dreads.  Some battleships and a few cruisers.  Bait/kill what you can Fcing I guess.  The cap gang we had was in no danger.

Yes some people still use caps for piracy/ransom situations.  Not many (or we simply do not hear about it).  When we do notice it near us there is a certain team that seems to enjoy griefing them.  Aside from the whole Alliance of course.  Hell, once myself (inty) and another CVA in a zealot kept 2 archons busy outside a station long enough for forces to assemble forcing one to explode and the other to dock in low armor.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: