Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:22:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1970083 times)
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4655 on: March 20, 2009, 07:24:57 AM

Sadly for them, however, what actually happened was that we camped them into their bubbled, incapped POSes while we repped our towers, and killed the time by using the passwords to their towers (we had them for every hostile alliance except perhaps one... the Mittanni sends his regards) to bump out their ships and steal their unanchored pos mods.

You missed the best part:

https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboard/view_battle.php?start_time=2009-03-19%2022:19:00&end_time=2009-03-19%2022:34:00&system=49-U6U

Apparently PL jumped three Titans inside a Kenny POS and let loose smiley

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4656 on: March 20, 2009, 07:33:29 AM

Some more details from a guy that alarmclocked.

You see once AAA realised they had an alarmclock on their hands they all logged off and went to bed. Kenny and barbie suddenly could not find the will to leave the pos shields, so PL as a final present helped them leave the shield and gave them a very bright gift. (see the post above)

This was only the beginning. While AAA were logging on at 04:00, finding themselves in an rapecaged, incapped, and camped tower and logging off within 10 minutes, Kenny and barbie were logging in on another POS.  We had the password (It was "sheep" which was a perfect password for the pos ment as a staging point for their "allies") so we showed them how much fun pos bowling was, with 4 titans and 30 carriers providing the bumps. Despite BOB constantly saying all those months ago that it was perfectly fine and anyone with PVP skill would be able to deal with it, the strange result was a total and utter massacre. PL were kind enough not to doomsday this time.

That was mean.  But predictability is always a flaw.

--Dave

To be honest when I saw the timer I was seriously wondering did we have Nostradamus working for us. Those timers were awe insiring.

Hic sunt dracones.
nizar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4657 on: March 20, 2009, 11:45:21 AM

Had several good back and forths in 49- today so far and finally being told to bump a capitals was awesome  and so was getting utterly wiped out of my ECM ship by a doomsday.  Was a great day to take off, watch basketball, and play Eve.  Just not sure about the political situation but the war so far has been so worth the money. 

awesome, for real
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4658 on: March 20, 2009, 01:50:50 PM

I suspect that the battle for 49- might, at this very moment, be moving towards a conclusion.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4659 on: March 20, 2009, 02:16:04 PM

So, back to Detroid it is then?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4660 on: March 20, 2009, 03:07:58 PM

So, back to Detroid it is then?

I don't think so.  Not unless we're off to help RA and xXdDeathXx.

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/331354

The net result of the Mercenary Coalition's Big Push so far has been to end up with less towers than they started with.

Edit: to make it clear, that POS is just a representative sample.  We've killed three.  In euro TZ.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 03:12:46 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #4661 on: March 20, 2009, 03:13:01 PM

Had several good back and forths in 49- today so far and finally being told to bump a capitals was awesome  and so was getting utterly wiped out of my ECM ship by a doomsday.  Was a great day to take off, watch basketball, and play Eve.  Just not sure about the political situation but the war so far has been so worth the money. 

awesome, for real

I always know I've been in a good fight when I get zapped by a Pandemic Legion doomsday.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4662 on: March 20, 2009, 03:35:12 PM

I think the fourth Kenny POS might be in a spot of trouble:

http://echelon.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/08/0858c16bf0d5b9dfc425e1e21904b0cb22abbe9e.jpg

Apologies if that doesn't work for non-GF members.  I can never remember which host that is the case for.  It shows a very large dread fleet filling the screen from 2000km away, waiting menacingly outside a rather dwarfed-looking POS which is about to come out of reinforced (or someone rehost it vOv).

I think that puts the tower count for the system at something like 29 friendly, 20 hostile.  Not a good return for all that kiting and alarm-clocking, though.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4663 on: March 20, 2009, 03:43:53 PM

rehosted

Hic sunt dracones.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4664 on: March 20, 2009, 03:50:58 PM

Epic fight tonight.  Shit loads of caps, more support and an assload of bad guys slugging it out for over an hour.  After a week of timezone stare downs it was a release to finally kick each other firmly in the nads.  My balls are no longer blue.

By the way do you have that screenshot any bigger?

edit: Thanks I got it now.  Awesome screenie.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 04:12:12 PM by Sparky »
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #4665 on: March 20, 2009, 03:53:57 PM

It works, you just have to reload it after you get the "Forbidden" error.  Yeah, this may be it for GKC morale, to get beaten like a drum for so long waiting for allied backup, get them, and get stopped cold while PB gets cut off, there's no way to spin that.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4666 on: March 20, 2009, 04:09:55 PM

Hic sunt dracones.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4667 on: March 20, 2009, 04:23:11 PM

Ohh poor Minmatar dreads :(

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4668 on: March 20, 2009, 05:17:58 PM

Yeah, this may be it for GKC morale, to get beaten like a drum for so long waiting for allied backup, get them, and get stopped cold while PB gets cut off, there's no way to spin that.

I don't know if they have the sense to change targets yet.  McAAA has a CTA tomorrow after DT in 49-, anyway, which is presumably to prove that they are not the sort of unreliable allies who will leave your ass alone in a critical, strategic system at a crucial moment because their sov in a system they never fought for and have only held for a few days is at risk at the other end of their space.

Twitter - Endieposts

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #4669 on: March 21, 2009, 01:47:52 AM

Yeah, this may be it for GKC morale, to get beaten like a drum for so long waiting for allied backup, get them, and get stopped cold while PB gets cut off, there's no way to spin that.

--Dave

I don't know, they are pretty delusional.  I keep seeing the argument that losing all their territory was "part of the plan."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4670 on: March 21, 2009, 02:38:48 AM

Dance puppets, dance!  Ohhhhh, I see.

Are they still actually doing stuff, or just rambling?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #4671 on: March 21, 2009, 03:23:44 AM

rehosted

I see 7 wolves~

In this battle, miscalculating the bloodlust of a fleet that had stared at bubbles for a month, backfires, wrecking for epic damage.

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4672 on: March 21, 2009, 06:16:31 AM

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/331398
One of these things is not like the others....  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Kovacs
Terracotta Army

Reply #4673 on: March 21, 2009, 11:40:21 AM

Amazingly after kiting our poses all day they got timers... in deep goon prime tonight. Who knew?

What's "kiting out pos's" ?
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4674 on: March 21, 2009, 12:48:26 PM

Amazingly after kiting our poses all day they got timers... in deep goon prime tonight. Who knew?

What's "kiting out pos's" ?

When a tower is below 50% you can't add or remove strontium, but it's not reinforced until 25%. So they shoot it below 50%, let it regen, shoot it again.  This effectively moves the window the defender has chosen with their stront timing.  It's still a guessing game, though, because the attacker doesn't know how much stront the defender used until it actually hits reinforced.

If you're unfamiliar with the terms, see the second definition here: http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=9832.msg293177#msg293177

Witty banter not included.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4675 on: March 21, 2009, 03:17:58 PM

AAA's weekend didn't get any better today.  They just lost a fight for one of their dyspro moons with Minor Threat, and with it a lot of battleships and a bunch of caps.

http://www.exceedkillboard.co.uk/?a=kill_related&kll_id=2947527 - the usual cautionary words about the incompleteness of killboards from a single participant, but AAA's is an awful board so it'll have to be Exceed's.

Twitter - Endieposts

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4676 on: March 21, 2009, 03:28:03 PM

AAA did a good job of bringing in great PvP corps like Rionnag Alba!  They're making tons of isk for the alliance by suicide ganking in Madirmilire as we speak!

Really though, I'm glad to see Minor Threat making an impact on things.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4677 on: March 22, 2009, 02:56:52 AM

Goonfleet + a some US-timezone allies kited a couple more towers in 49- into US timers last night.  49- is, for the moment at least, looks pretty safe.  We have, of course, one more weekend before sov three, but so long as there are quite so many hostile dreads logged off in there then that doesn't make a huge difference for now.

In other news, Coven, SE etc are getting a bit miffed at Kenny and Barbie on the Russian COAD forums:

Quote from: coven
There were a couple good fights but i am completely dissapointed with the attitude of the GBC. If i were to blame anyone for the fall of bob and i'm not talking here about disbanding the alliance but that with hundreds of their own poses kenny did not defend itself. I wasn't present at yesterdays fight but i took a peak at local a couple times and GS&co. had majority. What was GBC doing? Useful stuff like usual: http://kb.bu-fu.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=25393.
GBC participation from yesterday:
(1) R.U.R. out of 202
(1) Confederation of Independent Corporations out of 153
(2) BeachBoys out of 202
(2) INTERDICTION out of 261
(3) HUN Reloaded out of 105
(3) T o r m e n t u m out of 291
(3) Blade. out of 461
(5) Frontal Impact out of 487
(8) Skunk-Works out of 707

how about GBC starts doing things themselves rather then waiting for -a-/sw to pull them out of the crap they got themselves into? Ah, but in a moment we will find out that bufu killed 5 ceptors at the ass end of delve GF GF GJ keep going GF

Dear GKC pilots allow me to enlighten you - noone from bob will make a CTA for you because everyone knows you're worth shit. Your 'permission' for skirmish warfare or however you call it also comes from the fact that you're... . Your place is at best in lowsec, you have no idea what 0.0 warfare means, you have no resources for it and i have no idea why are you shitting up this forum with 'battle reports' of fights that happens by the hundreds in delve/querious and excite nobody, we all know its war so you can get a couple nice kills and dumb losses, oh and i have to dissapoint you, c0ven knows your orders long before you do  And dont worry about defending Esoteria we will fuck shit up as usual and if we get hit hard we will buy new bs and fuck shit up again!

i'm just saying what i think as a grunt coven pilot, your anger changes nothing

you suck, thats all

We'll see what happens later because not just me in Stainwagon is pissed off we are helping such losers.

I wouldnt blame anyone. Bufu has their own goals and how they want to fight and if they do this effectively, good for them. I dont think the problem lies in wether GKC comes to our (c0ven's) CTA, rather then Kenzoku as a whole considers itself defeated and they dont have the will to fight. Stainwagon and AAA came to 49- to hold the corpse up so it won't collapse but we wont do it forever if they won't be able to mobilize themselves

Twitter - Endieposts

Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #4678 on: March 22, 2009, 04:14:39 AM

In other news, Coven, SE etc are getting a bit miffed at Kenny and Barbie on the Russian polish COAD forums:

It's funny, when reading polish forums they seem to be the only ones capable of making a somewhat competent judgement on the current situation. They don't seem to share Kenny's delusions concerning Delve, though one could tell, a similar obsession is directed towards Esoteria.

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4679 on: March 22, 2009, 11:20:30 AM

It should be remembered reading those comments that these are the same pilots that let Kenny etc rot in PR- for a month.

That bieng said, if Kenny were not willing to do more than undock a HAC gang after 4 days to defend their regions (a HAC gang that mysteriously got lost and wound up in Syndicate or Cloud Ring a lot of the time) and being the second largest alliance in the game + pets they still could not scrape up a couple of hundred pilots to bust the PR- camp, why the hell should stain etc come along to bail them out?

In any case the real thing is that Minor Threat are jacking moons in Estoria and Stain, which means the killer rep of -A- and stainwagon is broken enough for people to start nipping at their flanks. That's a bad situation for them as it means they cannot now throw everything at Querious without fear and trusting in their reputation to keep them away. Once pirate and opportunity people start attacking you it means your rep is gone and your freedom to maneuver is badly curtailed.

Which means even if -A- gave a shit about Kenny, they are a lot less likely to bother at this stage.

[/Analysis]

{edit} -A- have found a partial solution and are off reinforcing their own towers to get good timers today.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:04:56 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Dallan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4680 on: March 22, 2009, 01:39:47 PM

{edit} -A- have found a partial solution and are off reinforcing their own towers to get good timers today.

Wait, their own towers in 49-, or in Tenerifis, or in Stain/Eso?

(poor buggers, now they get the fun of being the most-spread out territorial alliance in the game. Frankly, they're welcome to it.)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #4681 on: March 22, 2009, 10:36:13 PM

AAA did a good job of bringing in great PvP corps like Rionnag Alba!  They're making tons of isk for the alliance by suicide ganking in Madirmilire as we speak!

Really though, I'm glad to see Minor Threat making an impact on things.

To be fair, i've flown alongside some good RionAl pilots. Not sure whats left of them but they used to be able to scrap.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4682 on: March 23, 2009, 05:31:07 AM

Not suggesting that they're bad pilots, just pointing out that their alliance could use their help right now and they're playing in empire.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4683 on: March 23, 2009, 07:55:44 AM

Wait, their own towers in 49-, or in Tenerifis, or in Stain/Eso?

(poor buggers, now they get the fun of being the most-spread out territorial alliance in the game. Frankly, they're welcome to it.)

Not sure to be honest but it wasn't 49-

In war news Kenny has shown how proud of their new name and how hilarious they found it... they have ditched it to found a new alliance

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Band_of_Brothers_Reloaded/corporations

The are now Band of Brothers Reloaded { .BOB. }

Ok, they have changed from a stupid name to a rediculous one. Facepalm

I wonder how they kept sov 3 in their 9 remaining systems.

Anyway now that they are BOB again this will inspire their pilots AND THEY WILLSWEEP ALL BEFORE THEM!!! like a steamroller.

Ohhhhh, I see.

Hic sunt dracones.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4684 on: March 23, 2009, 08:20:59 AM

Wow. I actually thought KenZoku was a much cooler name than Bob.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #4685 on: March 23, 2009, 08:24:54 AM

How is it they can have that name when there is already a Band of Brothers corporation.  I can't imagine that Goonfleet Reloaded or Goonswarm Reloaded would be allowed by some random corp or alliance.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4686 on: March 23, 2009, 08:26:33 AM

How is it they can have that name when there is already a Band of Brothers corporation.  I can't imagine that Goonfleet Reloaded or Goonswarm Reloaded would be allowed by some random corp or alliance.

The question being raised more often is how did they get their name changed without losing sov?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4687 on: March 23, 2009, 08:32:53 AM

If you do a search on corp names, it looks like there are a fair number of knock off corps and alliances out there already, this is just another to add to the crowd.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4688 on: March 23, 2009, 08:34:10 AM

Dianabolic made a pretty big stink about how the name isn't important, as they didn't want that name anyway when they formed it.  Apparently Cookies, Cake, ? and Pie (CCCP) was disallowed by CCP.

I guess they wanted it more than Dianabolic knew or was letting on. (you don't say)

Witty banter not included.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4689 on: March 23, 2009, 09:03:17 AM

The question being raised more often is how did they get their name changed without losing sov?

My guess is the corps running towers that are holding sov in those systems stayed in Kenzoku for now. 

I've barely been playing-do you have any more intel on the minor threat stuff ?  -A-'s kb is great, except when it flips out like it did for that fight and puts  hostiles on the wrong side and just gets super confusing :( 

In other news, it looks like XdX wants to pos spam up tenefiris, I think it's to keep -a- distracted because I can't imagine actually wanting that space.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: