Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:15:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1970778 times)
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3325 on: December 12, 2008, 12:29:33 AM

Corp gets kicked out of Goodfellas for offlining a cynojammer which allowed NC caps tot enter system.
Looks like they got a great atmosphere going as they evac from their region:
More like PLN has been hit with a stupid stick since yesterday. I have no clue what happened to those guys and as far as i know there was never a problem with them but all of a sudden there was bloody murder in alliance chat about supposed isk /mins theft and i got serious flashbacks to TRI alliance chat mid 2007.

PlN kept on resetting docking rights and docking fee's in i30. A few chars mainly Lord Power constantly kept picking fights in alliance chat like he was drunk 24/7. Arguments got settled only to start again 5 minutes later with pln pilots shooting alliance members and others shooting them because they just payed a docking fee of 500 million. Finally it cascaded into them offlining the jammer and reports that NC got docking rights (as i understand this turned out to be wrong). Endeva kicked them out of the alliance then.

Again i have no clue why they started acting like that and i know PLN members tried to hush it in chats but ppl like lord power went on and on and on. Them offlining the towers in a rage is another puzzle since the alliance is on its way out, 95% of towers and assets are allready out so im not sure what they tried to accomplish there.

Enjoy the region guys, i left a prezzie in VFK station for you
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3326 on: December 12, 2008, 12:34:17 AM

Yeah they will probably tear themselves apart from within now, and will be a non factor in the war till they have shed half their members. Even if BOB forces them to fight, they will be so conflict riven they will just get smashed to pieces and fall apart even faster.

Still, looks like the North has been wrapped up in record time.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:48:55 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3327 on: December 12, 2008, 02:04:24 AM

I wonder how long the GBC were counting on them holding up TCF and the north for?

Considerably longer than that, I imagine  awesome, for real

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3328 on: December 12, 2008, 02:59:15 PM

TCF poses are coming out of reinforcement tomorrow, we will see how many of them will show up:)
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3329 on: December 12, 2008, 04:26:16 PM

TCF poses are coming out of reinforcement tomorrow, we will see how many of them will show up:)
As it's TCF, they're probably reinforcing Delve as we speak.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3330 on: December 12, 2008, 07:14:01 PM

Hey, anything rather than face Pandemic Legion!  why so serious?

Oh who are BOB sending to defend Fountain? Oh yeah, Goodfellas. That should be worth some comedy.

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #3331 on: December 13, 2008, 04:15:17 PM

Southern Cross Empire (& Southern Cross Incorporated) vs Southern Cross Alliance?

Whats the nature of this conflict? Enquiring minds are curious awesome, for real

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3332 on: December 13, 2008, 04:45:07 PM

I started drinking when this fight started at 7 or so and it is now 12.30, so those of you who have been FCed by me on drunken ops should bear that in mind in interpreting this battle report :D

Aaanyhooo, the big fight in C9N went down, and it was rather fun, at least when you could actually do stuff.  It reached very roughly 530 hostiles and about 590 friendlies, based on my own count of the number of goons in system beforehand when it was easy to count (70 out of 600 at that point, before the other 520 turned up), since I was in-system well in advance, due to having to play rugby after downtime (we won that, too DRILLING AND MANLINESS).

The AZN support fleet jumped into C9N, at which point the GBC pet fleet (AAA, SE, Coven, BCDI, SE and others) warped to that gate, which was bubbled.  Those of us at the 5-3 POS then took a few minutes to take down the 9 hostile bubbles then warped to the fight, into which PL, RA,the Drone Russians and other friendly fleets were also dotted about.  PL, I gather, had elected to come in some sort of command-ship gang.  To be entirely honest, as soon as I saw PL in local I knew we would win: we usually beat AAA, Stain and Bob on even numbers and PL are way better than them or us.

There was then a three-hour fight in which primaries died very slowly at first, then faster and faster for a while, then increasingly slowly as more people got hit by red-cycling gun bugs.  Lag was not a huge problem at first: grid loaded in a minute or two (I love that lockup that means you're about to load grid), but after warping in and out about half a dozen times (the GBC have been consistently terrible at bubbling throughout), and eventually my client was running at 800MB and grid was loading in 7 or 8 minutes.  Trying to relog was a somewhat unprofitable manuevre and I had to wait for ages before getting more kills :(.  Even when you got in after the first couple of hours, chat windows were fucked.

The tactical victory having been achieved, we then went on to achieve our strategic goal: we saved our POS (at least for a few more days), repped it up and re-stronted it.

F13 guys got a lot of kills: most of us got some capitals, and a lot of other stuff, putting our efficiency for the campaign up to something hilarious like 22:1.  We await our Bob invites.

Speaking of Bob: having ordered their pets into the grinder, they then sat in a neighbouring system and gatecamped in safety, popping the more retarded goons as they tried to move solo from AZN.  Frankly, we should be grateful to them for doing Darwin's good work: every new major campaign has new goons who don't know to move in convoys vOv  Now they do.  I am not being sarcastic for a moment when I say that Bob were smart, had fun and got stupid Goon kills while the pets got hammered.

Anyway, we've reinforced a few towers.  The system is bugged, but we dominate local now, 500 to 60 or so, and hopefully we'll reinforce the rest (if CCP come through and the system becomes unfucked).  SE stront timing is pretty good, though (I've said before that SE are pretty effective.  Especially compared to AAA and Bob: SE should form the Greater Stain Community.)

Edit: one fun thing is that our kills all stayed around for hours, so every gate and POS was like a replay of our engagements there...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 05:00:32 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3333 on: December 13, 2008, 05:00:26 PM

Speaking of Bob: having ordered their pets into the grinder, they then sat in a neighbouring system and gatecamped in safety
Seriously, what does BoB have on these allies that they're letting themselves being pushed around that way?

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #3334 on: December 13, 2008, 05:09:26 PM

One of the GM who responded to my petitions today (I ran into the "keep logging in to pod with no chat windows and nothing works" issue and "sit in grid-load for 50 minutes until ship is destroyed and then get stuck" issue, as well as some other quirks) said that the C9N peaked at 2060 people users.  Insanity.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3335 on: December 13, 2008, 05:13:54 PM

I was in a blackbird, never lost it. Never got targeted.

Local I saw got 1100+.

After logging in from a safespot I warped to the POS and jammed a BS. I then spent 20 minutes replaying the same 30 seconds over and over again. I was stuck in a time loop. Yay, this is Sci-Fi! Funny thing is I didn't notice for 10 minutes, just thought the apoc had a very tough tank. Then spent 5 minutes trying to warp away, and then spent 5 minutes replaying the same "Warping to Stargate" like it was a crappy ST:TNG Time loop episode.

I get to the gate where the battle is, and lock 6 ships...and put all my jammers on the same 1. Doh. Well that Battlecruiser wasn't going to shoot anyone at any rate. I then couldn't unlock anything.

Warp out, Warp in, and this time jam about 8 targets over 30 minutes. All support so they never got shot (and my missiles didn't damage them) but I think I helped somewhat. Did this once more when all my jammers refused to unlock on targets no longer there.

Last time I warped back the grid never loaded. I had fulll manoeuvrability, but now I was in that TNG episode where you're in a bubble universe and no one else is in existence.  By this time I was very tired and tried to log at the station. Sat outside station for 20 minutes before logging out.

Goonfleet killboard says I got on 4 kills.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
xorx
Terracotta Army

Reply #3336 on: December 13, 2008, 05:31:40 PM

Arrived in system and waited 75-80 mins for the grid to load. When it loaded, it was unusable. Great hearing the targets being called and then called destroyed on the voice comms though.

A few ctrl-q's and a bit of hopeful warping around wasted another couple of hours without a kill (for me, but plenty for the swarm), at which point we were down from the potential peak of 2000+ in system (and 1200 in local) to about 500 showing in local; things were a bit more manageable - By this point, however, the only thing left was cleanup - and what a lot of cleanup:

On 2 kills, just a couple of carriers ;-)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 05:35:02 PM by xorx »
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3337 on: December 13, 2008, 05:52:59 PM

My experiance was better then most it seems.  On my first warpin my grid loaded fairly well and I was able to do my job.  I think arriving late from the POS due to shooting bubbles also helped my survivability since I never seemed to get primaried even though I was in the obvious target of a Scorpion well within most BS range.  I didn end up in armor damage eventually, but oddly enough with all the problems navigation out of bubbles and into warp all seemed to respond without much delay.  Unfortunately as the system got progressively worse my jammers kept getting stuck on with no target resulting in a great difficulty of spreading them out correctly and sometimes being stuck on primaried targets, so I warped out and back in to correct this.  This worked twice but on the third time I was unable to ever load grid correctly, I never did recover until most of the fight was done but was able to help out with some of the cleanup as a few ships were probed out and a few stupid enemy carriers were culled from the herd.

So now between multiple engagements I'm very proud to brag that the same Scorpion has under it's belt the following kills -

40 Battleships
10 Carriers
1 HIC
1 Interceptor
1 Rorqual

awesome, for real
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 07:25:24 AM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3338 on: December 13, 2008, 07:17:39 PM

Speaking of Bob: having ordered their pets into the grinder, they then sat in a neighbouring system and gatecamped in safety
Seriously, what does BoB have on these allies that they're letting themselves being pushed around that way?

One thing BOB are, like most bullies, is that they are master manipulators. You might recall that in the last war after they got FAT they Locked COW out of all their stations and demanded rent with all COWs stuff locked away from them. That was beginning the process of converting COW into a Pet. Bing a PET is a state of mind and proceeds fromt he False assumption that BOB are treally dangerous which puts pets into a state of fear. COW broke out of it by giving BOB the finger and got all its stuff back when the stations were retaken later anyway. They also dangle they whole "you could ne in BOB and its WONDERFUL" thing in front of them. Its the carrot and stick, and for a lot of people it does work. You can simply see it from BOB members with the Cult of Mollie thing and when they casually reorder reality so that when they got hammered "they meant to do that".

If the Pets gave BOB the boot they would lose some internet spaceships, but would gain a lot of self respect.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 07:23:31 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3339 on: December 13, 2008, 09:16:41 PM

PL, I gather, had elected to come in some sort of command-ship gang.  To be entirely honest, as soon as I saw PL in local I knew we would win: we usually beat AAA, Stain and Bob on even numbers and PL are way better than them or us.

Not me I died loading the system  Heartbreak
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3340 on: December 13, 2008, 09:28:05 PM

The AZN support fleet jumped into C9N, at which point the GBC pet fleet (AAA, SE, Coven, BCDI, SE and others) warped to that gate, which was bubbled.  Those of us at the 5-3 POS then took a few minutes to take down the 9 hostile bubbles then warped to the fight, into which PL, RA,the Drone Russians and other friendly fleets were also dotted about.  PL, I gather, had elected to come in some sort of command-ship gang.  To be entirely honest, as soon as I saw PL in local I knew we would win: we usually beat AAA, Stain and Bob on even numbers and PL are way better than them or us.

PL was a neat addition to your side. We had roughly the same number of BS scattered around, but you had more support and with the PL gang certainly better ship types in support. Likewise for KIA -- they were heavy on HACs, Logistics and Recons.

Speaking of Bob: having ordered their pets into the grinder, they then sat in a neighbouring system and gatecamped in safety, popping the more retarded goons as they tried to move solo from AZN.

Wait. What? The attack on C9N is more of a -A- / SE / Coven thing. BOB only got involved after numbers in AZN kept climbing and it became obvious that more GS allies were on their way. Given that they wouldn't have changed anything in the lag fest in C9N cutting off support seemed to make sense; at least plenty of GS self-destructed their pods (presumably to get new ships).

The tactical victory having been achieved, we then went on to achieve our strategic goal: we saved our POS (at least for a few more days), repped it up and re-stronted it.

Ah well. Odd day -- much more ships should have died given the numbers. Even on the POS side you managed to save one POS, we saved three of ours; but at least the first GS POS that came out of reinforced got killed and replaced by a SE one.

And Thrawn: did you _count_ the number of Scorpions in your fleet? With that many to chose from I'm not surprised you survived, didn't even know where to start shooting :)

Yalson / BDCI

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3341 on: December 13, 2008, 09:54:39 PM

Wait. What? The attack on C9N is more of a -A- / SE / Coven thing. BOB only got involved after numbers in AZN kept climbing and it became obvious that more GS allies were on their way. Given that they wouldn't have changed anything in the lag fest in C9N cutting off support seemed to make sense; at least plenty of GS self-destructed their pods (presumably to get new ships).

Uh, BOB has been involved in C9N from day one. They simply have been very very reluctant to commit to a fleet fight. Which is probably why they didn't try camping AZN. ANd of course 90 odd people could have contributed. Jesus Christ.

Anyway, another Stain tower is down. they forgot to stront it and we cut it down below 50% again, then came back later after attacking a few other systems, and blew it up. The tower is stuck there, invulnerable though. Entire system has gone to hell. I logged out after I failed to load grid at the POS for the 10 times and was totally desynced. They are blowing up the incapped mods there now so we can plant our tower there. They will lose at least one more tower tomorrow.

See... THE GHOST TOWER!!!

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 10:09:22 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3342 on: December 13, 2008, 10:16:23 PM

Uh, BOB has been involved in C9N from day one. They simply have been very very reluctant to commit to a fleet fight. Which is probably why they didn't try camping AZN. ANd of course 90 odd people could have contributed. Jesus Christ.

Absolutely. The original post implied though that it is BOB who is calling the shots on when and how to attack the system ('ordered the pets into the meatgrinder') which is false. Likewise, of course they could have contributed in C9N. However, the impact outside (50 kills, give or take) was likely more significant than what they could have achieved in system.

Anyway, another Stain tower is down. they forgot to stront it and we cut it down below 50% again, then came back later after attacking a few other systems, and blew it up. The tower is stuck there, invulnerable though.

You seem to have received the killmail so I'd hope some GM just nukes it. Knowing CCP they will do so during -A- prime allowing us to anchor a new POS right away.

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #3343 on: December 13, 2008, 11:46:22 PM

Speaking of Bob: having ordered their pets into the grinder, they then sat in a neighbouring system and gatecamped in safety, popping the more retarded goons as they tried to move solo from AZN.

Ah!  That totally explains why BoB hung around for a while, picked off a couple stragglers on their way back to C9N, but bugged out rather than engaging the 90 person reinforcement fleet that took the long way from AZN to C9N (no titan-pult for us).  We thought we might actually get a little battle before returning to lag central in C9N, but that was not to be.  Hell, they didn't even waste time shooting station services yesterday...

I self destructed the *same* pod *three* times before I got out of the system after I lost my first Scorpion while waiting 50 minutes for grid-load.  In the first two attempts, I had partial grid-load but no ability to navigate in any way. 

Ah well. Odd day -- much more ships should have died given the numbers. Even on the POS side you managed to save one POS, we saved three of ours; but at least the first GS POS that came out of reinforced got killed and replaced by a SE one.

Definitely true -- the POS that came out just after downtime when we were outnumbered nearly 3:1 in system was lost.  And we were bottled up by the six-bubbles-anchored-around-our-remaining-POS tactic while waiting for our numbers to get to a point where we had a chance of engaging without being instantly shredded just trying to leave the POS.  At that point there were what, 500+ reds in the system?

It would have been nice to take some of those POSes down, but it was a nicely epic day nonetheless.

And Thrawn: did you _count_ the number of Scorpions in your fleet? With that many to chose from I'm not surprised you survived, didn't even know where to start shooting :)

Goons love their ECM almost as much as Goons love their Newbees.  It is true.

- Q
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 11:48:45 PM by Quinton »
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3344 on: December 13, 2008, 11:51:05 PM

To me ECM was always the most fun in fleet/larger group warfare.

But then again, I'm usually a healer in MMOs (if I have a dedicated group).

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3345 on: December 14, 2008, 12:18:46 AM

CVA has been busy wearing hats and robes recently.  Here is a little local gem from a TRI member who lost a tower to us

'thx for releasing us form our low sec shakles'

Good stuff
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3346 on: December 14, 2008, 04:43:25 AM

I spent all day yesterday logged in at C9N warping around in an interceptor pissing off rapiers that were trying to probe me down while waiting for a fight to start shortly, I finally had to log out at 17:01.

The killboard tells me that a seven hour battle started 3 minutes later.

Ohhhhh, I see.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3347 on: December 14, 2008, 04:47:00 AM

Nice to see someone from BDCI find their way here.  This thread tends to be too one-sided at times.

How are you guys feeling about being allied with BoB again?
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3348 on: December 14, 2008, 06:25:52 AM

Thanks for the welcome, Chris.

It's been certainly unexpected. If you'd asked me two months ago what entities would be highly unlikely to set BOB or parts of the GBC to blue -A- would have been right up there with Morsus Mihi and Goonswarm. Guess it's the price of admission if you want to participate in the current number's game that is 0.0 politics. Personally I don't mind it at all (used to flying with someone, then shooting them a few months later from the MC days), others are less than happy about it, but at least the whole arrangement provides goals and targets.

And frozen systems. I just hope TCF/NC go for Delve instead of piling into the same area.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3349 on: December 14, 2008, 07:05:15 AM

Goons love their ECM almost as much as Goons love their Newbees.  It is true.

- Q

Two of my favorite ships to fly so far are Flycatchers and Scorpions and both are very appreciated by all Goon fleets.  Ohhhhh, I see.  As much as I liked flying with CVA usually, it always upset me that most FC's I flew under in Providence did not like Scorpions in their fleets because they didn't think they were usefull beyond being slow and dying.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3350 on: December 14, 2008, 09:27:45 AM

Thanks for the welcome, Chris.

It's been certainly unexpected. If you'd asked me two months ago what entities would be highly unlikely to set BOB or parts of the GBC to blue -A- would have been right up there with Morsus Mihi and Goonswarm. Guess it's the price of admission if you want to participate in the current number's game that is 0.0 politics. Personally I don't mind it at all (used to flying with someone, then shooting them a few months later from the MC days), others are less than happy about it, but at least the whole arrangement provides goals and targets.

And frozen systems. I just hope TCF/NC go for Delve instead of piling into the same area.

I hope that they attack Catch, personally: I'd certainly do that first and ping-pong AAA back and forth for the very few weeks it would take to shatter their participation while breaking their logistics routes to empire (or further breaking if I understand some of what CVA has been doing, correctly).  But it should be the case that we have increasing amounts of resources available, soon, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they are deployed.

On what basis are BDCI involved, by the way?  Were you offered space down here or is it a more traditional, cash-money mercenary contract?

Twitter - Endieposts

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #3351 on: December 16, 2008, 05:52:45 AM

18:20:27 Notify The station 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o has been captured by Xenobytes corporation!

13:44:52 Notify The station C9N LDLQ pass here has been captured by Xenobytes corporation!

Will make good staging posts for GBC and the Stain forces I reckon.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3352 on: December 16, 2008, 07:09:22 AM

18:20:27 Notify The station 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o 0 o has been captured by Xenobytes corporation!

Curses!  I have a Typhoon in there!

I went for ammo for it two months ago and never made it back  swamp poop

Witty banter not included.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #3353 on: December 16, 2008, 10:19:06 PM

FYI: Wait for the next time the system is contested and put everything on sale for 5 times normal price.  It will sell.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Terracotta Army

Reply #3354 on: December 17, 2008, 04:09:41 AM

13:44:52 Notify The station C9N LDLQ pass here has been captured by Xenobytes corporation!

Will make good staging posts for GBC and the Stain forces I reckon.

C9N perhaps but the other is miles away from the 'front' IIRC
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #3355 on: December 17, 2008, 05:28:58 AM

Has a jump clone, a battleship and a ton of modules lying around in 0-O crew checkin' in.
They renamed the station to something like Ptaag's Base - it sounds so Freelancer, I thought I was playing the wrong game when I cheched my clones.

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3356 on: December 17, 2008, 02:23:23 PM

Has a jump clone, a battleship and a ton of modules lying around in 0-O crew checkin' in.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #3357 on: December 17, 2008, 03:16:34 PM

Stuck in a covops in Providence for over a week crew checkin' in.

Damn roleplayer gatecamps.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3358 on: December 17, 2008, 10:22:17 PM

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #3359 on: December 18, 2008, 12:16:55 AM

How does a covops worth a damn get stuck in a gatecamp?  Or are you stuck scouting for the gatecamp?

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: