Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:23:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: OK. JUST DON'T PUT GEMS INTO ANYTHING. NOTHING. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OK. JUST DON'T PUT GEMS INTO ANYTHING. NOTHING.  (Read 3244 times)
schild
Administrator

on: June 12, 2008, 02:43:19 AM

Ok, after the Monday patch fiasco, I tested gemcutting again. Gems are great, they give bonuses (only the last gem to place in a 3 slot item, not all of them), they do not crash the client.

Apparently FCs wonderful internal testing missed the obvious though. Relogging after equipping a gemmed item removes ALL the bonuses it gives and the item no longer gives any bonus, even if you reequip it.

You thought that was all?

Nope.

Selling the offending item gives you MINUS stats. Example - to test I gemmed an item with a 31 perception gem. Raised my perception from 29 to 60 (didnt have any points invested, only some item bonuses). Logged out - perception back at 29. Sold item - perception 0 (ZERO).

I was dumb enough to try out a resist item first, using 2 electrical resist gems on it. Sold it before realizing the bug - now my electrical resist is -0.5% (yes it is NEGATIVE) and I have 2% resist from a feat too.

Can you please hire a few better coders or testers please? This is getting hilarious as well as extremely frustrating.

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=41649
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 03:28:19 AM

awesome, for real
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 05:05:13 AM

You should rename this forum to "the best of the AOC forums"

I get to sample the best of the AOC forums without having to trawl through the horrors of the brain dead screaming. Its like playing with your brothers kid and bing able to give him back and not having to visit a ward full of screaming babies.

By the way I have not sampled any og the eosteric stuff in AOC. Some might call it cowarice. I call it experiance...

Hic sunt dracones.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 09:51:06 AM

Hmmm... yeah.

Cancelled my account yesterday. While it was fun for the 100+ hours I put in, I'm not feeling the urge to login anymore, plus with 4th Ed. D&D out I'm scratching the tabletop itch.

The underlying game design is solid. It is fun. However I have doubts as to whether Funcom has the technical competence to support and finish the game in a reasonable amount of time.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 10:47:01 AM

Hmmm... yeah.

Cancelled my account yesterday. While it was fun for the 100+ hours I put in, I'm not feeling the urge to login anymore, plus with 4th Ed. D&D out I'm scratching the tabletop itch.

The underlying game design is solid. It is fun. However I have doubts as to whether Funcom has the technical competence to support and finish the game in a reasonable amount of time.

Like you gave the blueprints for a new porshce to a ten year old and told him to build it? I feel like that sometimes when I play, wind in my hair, feeling fine...then i realize my tires are doughnuts and my candy cane steering wheel breaks off in my hands.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 10:52:36 AM

Like you gave the blueprints for a new porshce to a ten year old and told him to build it? I feel like that sometimes when I play, wind in my hair, feeling fine...then i realize my tires are doughnuts and my candy cane steering wheel breaks off in my hands.

Damn. Now my sweet tooth is demanding candy car satisfaction.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 11:42:45 AM

Supposed to be fixed and working with today's patch. With post-patch crafted gems.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 11:49:53 AM

Post patch gems? Hm.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: OK. JUST DON'T PUT GEMS INTO ANYTHING. NOTHING.  
Jump to: