Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:32:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2015  (Read 248735 times)
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #770 on: October 26, 2015, 02:29:06 PM

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #771 on: October 26, 2015, 04:24:21 PM

So through the list of QBs I listed before, outside of Cam who is dumb?

None of the guys over 30 because they aren't the list I'm talking about.

Bortles has been very inconsistent in the Jags rebuild, and less than a month ago you can find articles criticizing their offense and his play. He's getting better, but it's not producing wins. They are still tied for 23rd in points.
Luck has been overly praised for being "the guy" because of early success, but the shine is coming off and people are starting to really question his decision making, and why he's really the King of Garbage time stats
Tannehill is playing in a dumbed down offense as I talked about before with Miami.
RG3 didn't know the playbook enough to keep his job, and he was a top pick.
Stafford has been criticized again and again for his mechanics and he never fixes them or listens to anybody, and I know he's an idiot because he was an idiot at UGA who relied on his arm to bail him out.

The guys who aren't dumb? Bridgewater is probably the best example of a guy who can make decisions under pressure.

But consider who many busts have come out of the last 5 drafts? You're listing the guys who are starting. There's a litany of guys who started and flamed out because they couldn't function. And that's what the article is referencing, that it's getting harder and harder to draft a guy that's ready to go and play in the NFL system. So much so that QBs are playing well into their late 30s and almost their 40s at this point because the alternative is horrific to consider.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:29:50 PM by Paelos »

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #772 on: October 26, 2015, 04:39:29 PM

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #773 on: October 26, 2015, 04:41:24 PM

Who would have thought that Jim Schwartz would be the lesser of two evils?

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #774 on: October 26, 2015, 05:18:00 PM

Paelos moving the goalposts again. So now it only counts for qbs in the first half of their career.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #775 on: October 26, 2015, 05:21:19 PM

Paelos moving the goalposts again. So now it only counts for qbs in the first half of their career.

Well the younger guys aren't going to make it to the second half unless you like watching the CFL. I mean RG3 is already moving that way and we can always bring up Tebow. He might not be playing currently, but he came out of college with a huge expectation given his time in FL.

That said, I can't wait to watch Manziel get folded in half this week and close the door on this year as well as this coaching staff... or at least the GM.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #776 on: October 26, 2015, 05:23:28 PM

Who would have thought that Jim Schwartz would be the lesser of two evils?

He's certainly the BLANDER of the two.  why so serious?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #777 on: October 26, 2015, 07:06:10 PM

Honestly I don't even know what you're arguing. You want to make it about as narrow as you can to say the guys in the league who are already successful after years in the league. That's not the point about the QBs, it's that the next generation of QBs doesn't know how to play the position the way the NFL plays the position.

But okay, do you. Or you know, read some articles about how this is trending, you can find them if you google at all on how QBs coming out of college now are completely unprepared.

Mortriden
Terracotta Army

Reply #778 on: October 27, 2015, 08:41:22 AM

.... how QBs coming out of college now are completely unprepared.

This is really the crux of the argument.  Personally, I feel it's due to college teams/programs finally saying "fuck it, we are not going to be a farm system for the NFL anymore.  Let's win some games, get on TV, make a Bowl Game, and cash in for real money."

The QB's that will do "well" in the NFL will be those QB's that have a work ethic and TIME to grow.  The second part will be the killer.  Mariota led Oregon to the National Championship game, but coming out of the spread, going into a team that is forcing him to play NOW, he won't have the time to develop the NFL skills he needs to be that next level star. 

I agree fully that the college game now has coaches that micro-manage the offense and that is hurting the product on the field at the Professional level. 

It's like calling shenanigans.  But you say "jihad" instead. - Llava
They are out there, but they are bi-products of funny families. If you know funny old people, see if they have daughters. -Paelos
Yes my seed is that strong. I literally clap my hands and women are with child. -Paelos
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #779 on: October 27, 2015, 09:36:35 AM

No high draft pick QB is going to have the luxury of time to grow, because the teams that have a high enough draft pick to get the name QB's are going to be so bad, they are desperately looking for anything to make their team better keep their fan base paying. Coaches won't be given time to bed QB's into systems either. They have 2-3 seasons to show some marked improvement (read make the playoffs) or they are shitcanned. And if the rookie QB can't handle it the first season, they'll switch his OC so that he has to learn a whole new offensive system in his second year. I mean, there's plenty of reasons this shit is happening and it's not just the college system micromanaging their QB's and teaching them that shitass spread offense (though that has a significant affect on the QB's abilities out of college).

And shitty offensive lines do not help the situation either. Nor does the new CBA cutting down practice time and training camp time, which is worth more than any 5th preseason game or 17th and 18th regular season game in terms of player health and ability. I think both the owners and player's union fucked themselves with this CBA chasing after more dollars. It's also killed the veteran free agent market - if you aren't a top line starter, your chances of being unable to sign with any team after your rookie contract is up is pretty goddamn high. And as a result, there's very little skilled, veteran depth on teams these days. Everybody's chasing after street free agents for peanuts like they are Bill Belichek.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #780 on: October 30, 2015, 08:02:22 AM

Tried watching the game last night and to be fair, I made it to the 20+ point lead before giving up. Tannehil is not a bad QB, and he's good enough to get a decent team to the playoffs but this isn't a decent team. The Dolphins apparently need to play no one but the AFC South teams where they look like world beaters. Their defense actually showed up in the first half but their offense didn't. As for New England, holy shit, Dion Lewis is crazy stupid quick.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #781 on: October 30, 2015, 08:26:17 AM

When the Dolphins kept it at 9-0 for a while I thought it might be a close game.  Nope.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #782 on: October 30, 2015, 10:04:21 AM

. As for New England, holy shit, Dion Lewis is crazy stupid quick.

He also looks like the size of a hobbit out there.

By the way, if you are a non New England Patriots fan and need a quick vomit, watch this video   why so serious?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #783 on: October 30, 2015, 11:21:34 AM

Dear God, it could only be worse if it were little Eagles' fans.  swamp poop

Terracotta Army

Reply #784 on: October 30, 2015, 11:34:09 AM

The joys of being born into a time of winning. Can't wait till Brady retires or folds like Manning and they plummet.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #785 on: October 30, 2015, 11:45:16 AM

My son is 15 and I can barely get him to watch the Pats. He's gonna regret that in 10 years. Mind you I moved here 15 years ago to so everyone hates me. I never suffered enough to earn the enjoyment of these championships.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #786 on: October 30, 2015, 11:48:05 AM

My son is 15 and I can barely get him to watch the Pats. He's gonna regret that in 10 years. Mind you I moved here 15 years ago to so everyone hates me. I never suffered enough to earn the enjoyment of these championships.

Yeah I sorta liked them in the 80s with Grogan and those old helmet logos. But once they got embarrassed by the Bears... I went back to sitting at the kids table with my Browns sippy cup.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #787 on: October 30, 2015, 09:50:41 PM

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #788 on: October 31, 2015, 02:52:49 AM

Patriots are the only team that I actually have a willing hatred for. Fuck them.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #789 on: November 01, 2015, 12:56:03 PM

Oh Bengals, you prove me right in division play soooo often.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #790 on: November 01, 2015, 02:04:12 PM

Can anyone help me find the Giants / Saints score? It keeps showing the score for some Arena football game.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #791 on: November 01, 2015, 02:51:09 PM

In other news the 49ers have a horrendous day rushing the football (amongst other things) right after cutting Jarrod Hayne. Coincidence? I think not.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #792 on: November 01, 2015, 03:17:55 PM

Those fuckers live to prove me wrong. They should not have won that game or the Seahawks by any right. It's upsidedown land in the NFL.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #793 on: November 01, 2015, 04:14:02 PM

I just turned on the Jets game for the last few minutes, but Geno Smith looks just hilariously bad.  Like, he won a contest to be an NFL QB for the day and has no idea what he is doing.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #794 on: November 01, 2015, 04:25:53 PM

I just turned on the Jets game for the last few minutes, but Geno Smith looks just hilariously bad.  Like, he won a contest to be an NFL QB for the day and has no idea what he is doing.

Haha, that's pretty good.

Terracotta Army

Reply #795 on: November 01, 2015, 04:26:42 PM

Those fuckers live to prove me wrong. They should not have won that game or the Seahawks by any right. It's upsidedown land in the NFL.

You can always trust the Browns to lose

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #796 on: November 01, 2015, 04:50:42 PM

The Browns have a team?  why so serious?

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #797 on: November 01, 2015, 05:45:13 PM

I tuned in just after Fitzmagic hurt his hand. I would've turned it off there but the wife wanted to see Carr play because he's representing the Central Valley. It's a good thing I love her so much, because that game just killed me.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #798 on: November 01, 2015, 06:00:09 PM

As a lifelong Lions fan I'd like to take a moment to personally apologize to all of you for what we call a team.  Clearly we are an insult to the league and to football fans everywhere.  To all of you Europeans who watched KC pummel us like $5 hookers, I would just like to ask that you don't base your opinions of 'American football' on the steaming pile we left in London today.

Thank you.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #799 on: November 01, 2015, 07:32:19 PM

As a lifelong Lions fan I'd like to take a moment to personally apologize to all of you for what we call a team.  Clearly we are an insult to the league and to football fans everywhere.  To all of you Europeans who watched KC pummel us like $5 hookers, I would just like to ask that you don't base your opinions of 'American football' on the steaming pile we left in London today.

Thank you.

I have no idea how the Lions are so bad.  They don't have terrible players.  They have been so bizarrely unprofessional and undisciplined for so long, but it has crossed player and coach transitions.  Maybe it's something in the Detroit water.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #800 on: November 01, 2015, 08:42:36 PM

The Packers sure showed up tonight. What a shitty game. The NFC is awful top to bottom. I don't see any scenario where the Patriots don't run the table all the way to the Super Bowl.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #801 on: November 02, 2015, 03:33:46 AM

How the hell does the NFC have 3 7-0 teams anyway. Bellichek must have mispronounced a word in this years preseason sacrifice.

https://youtu.be/zgvXtexdgAM

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #802 on: November 02, 2015, 05:19:24 AM

Peyton looked like he had his arm back last night.  If that holds up the Broncos could give the Patriots a game.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #803 on: November 02, 2015, 06:28:07 AM

Packers also lost two of their starting defensive backs in the first quarter.

Not to say that Denver didn't beat them handily but in a game of two teams that have been winning on the back of their defenses, when one defense has key players go out early and the other team's offense actually shows up it gets ugly quick.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #804 on: November 02, 2015, 06:49:57 AM

Peyton looked like he had his arm back last night.  If that holds up the Broncos could give the Patriots a game.

Yeah, fuck you Peyton. You spend all season looking like a statute with noodles for arms, then you show up when you play my team. Fuck you, Five Head. As for the Packers, their defense has been severely exposed two straight games in a row. San Diego, who is not a good team on either side of the ball, and Denver both put up over 500 yards on you. ... the fuck? Dom Capers is a fucking Rain Man of a coach. He can totally dominate for large stretches of the time, and then some OC finds a hole in his defense and just fucks it raw, and he has no answer. NONE. If you put an overlay of where balls were caught against the Pack last night, there's going to be one spot about 15 yards downfield on the right hash mark that will light up like a goddamn Christmas tree. Manning threw to that exact spot like 7 times and every single fucking time, the receiver was WIDE FUCKING OPEN. Like no DB or LB within 5-10 yards of him. And unlike earlier games, the receivers caught it. The Pack also couldn't tackle for shit last night. Every running play it seemed like the defense was made up of doddering old men and the running backs were just five steps ahead of them everywhere. Maybe it was the thin mountain air? I don't know, but it was a fucking shit show. Offense wasn't any better. From the first snap, Rodgers was fucking terrorized. Blocking repeatedly broke down and collapsed the pocket on him and even when he scrambled, NOBODY got open. Running was just about as fruitless. The only part that worked was our punt coverage and they got used a lot.

Of course, I do not expect this Peyton to last into the playoffs, and New England will probably stroll to another goddamn Super Bowl. Fuck New England.

I watched the Steelers/Bungles game and there is no way the Bengals should have won that game, other than the Steelers letting them win. It was an ugly, penalty and mistake-filled trainwreck of a game. Cincy could have won handily if they didn't keep shooting themselves in the dick with penalties, and if the Steelers could convert on 3rd down, it wouldn't have been close. The AFC North is the division where football goes to die - or it would be if the AFC South didn't exist.

The Cowboys are just bad without Tony Romo. I take back every bad thing I've ever said about him. Ok, not everything, but his loss has shown just how fucking bereft of talent this team is. Had they not stupidly let DeMarco Murray go, this team might have had a chance without Romo. But Shoplifty McGee and Darren McBrokefoot cannot make up for the not-even-backup-quality of their backup QB's. Matt Cassel gets 97 yards total WITH Dez Bryant? How could this guy be WORSE than Weedon? Seattle really ought to be ashamed that this game was even close.

The Lions have no excuse for being that bad. I mean yeah, their defense should be much worse without Suh and Fairley, but their offense unable to put up more than 10 on KC? That doesn't excuse their defense letting in 45 points against that shitty KC team but damn. The Lions didn't lose much offensive talent except Reggie Bush and he's not that good.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2015  
Jump to: