Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:22:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division  (Read 149643 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #210 on: February 18, 2016, 06:37:04 PM

I'll see if I can find good images of the additional ones.

Boom. http://imgur.com/a/Ppquh

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #211 on: February 19, 2016, 02:59:52 AM

Digging the firefighter suit.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
lesion

Reply #212 on: February 19, 2016, 02:02:01 PM

This game feels good. Not sure if it feels Full Price good.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #213 on: February 19, 2016, 06:40:33 PM

Rolled into the DZ today for the first time in the open beta and there're two rogues just hanging out at the quarantine gate, waiting for anyone to come in and lighting them up.

I toss one of the new suppression turrets over their shoulders and catch them in the crossfire. Four other people come rushing around the corner and help finish them off.

Stupid bastards.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #214 on: February 20, 2016, 04:47:06 PM

Well, I just tried to extract 1 item from the DZ. A bunch of mobs rushed me at the end and other players helped out. Of course, some (unflagged) guy ran in from the direction that the mobs were coming from and I hosed him down, thinking he was another mob, flagging myself rogue in the process. The friendlies then understandably cut me to pieces. Hmm...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: February 20, 2016, 05:52:05 PM

I played a bit of the beta yesterday and it's not bad but it's not worth $80 CDN.
lesion

Reply #216 on: February 20, 2016, 11:22:52 PM

They should just remake the APB beta and not fuck it up on release. Rename it "Tom Clancy's Cops 'n Robbers", keep the ARPG loot system, shovel $$$ into hats.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: February 21, 2016, 12:32:18 AM

Is the design of the dark zone as stupid as it appears to be?

I tried this out tonight on PS4. From the looks of it, once you attack someone you go red and you get a countdown timer until you turn normal again. Basically once you turn red, anyone can kill you with no remorse.

The thing is, I was in an an area rolling around with random dudes and an organized group was there, they'd flip red, kill some people (me included usually) and then be gray in a short period of time.

You'd often get in the scenario where you turn a corner and there's the group of 4 dudes, standing there, not red for whatever reason, and they light you up and THEN they go red.

Then you'd respawn, go back out there, kill some NPCs and there was the same group of 4, not red, who would kill you and briefly flip red.

Repeat forever. Is that really how it works?! Come on.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #218 on: February 21, 2016, 03:34:56 AM

Yes, that is how it works. Basically, after the first time they kill you, you should play cat and mouse with them the next time you see them even if they are white. Also worth mentioning that if they kill you, they turn red long enough for you to go back in the zone and hunt them back.

With al that said, there's actual risk vs. reward involved in turning red which is not so obvious in your first few hours in the beta, as you lose way more cash AND experience when you die as a red, so I am not sure people will be so trigger happy in the actual launched game considering every time you kill someone for loot you could get a shitty item and in return risk being killed and lose money, experience and even levels (which means you access to some of the items you already had equipped)

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #219 on: February 21, 2016, 09:10:02 AM

Is it just me, or does this game have the clunkiest set of non-intuitive PC controls (inventory, character, etc) I've ever seen?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: February 21, 2016, 12:52:45 PM

Is the design of the dark zone as stupid as it appears to be?

I tried this out tonight on PS4. From the looks of it, once you attack someone you go red and you get a countdown timer until you turn normal again. Basically once you turn red, anyone can kill you with no remorse.

The thing is, I was in an an area rolling around with random dudes and an organized group was there, they'd flip red, kill some people (me included usually) and then be gray in a short period of time.

You'd often get in the scenario where you turn a corner and there's the group of 4 dudes, standing there, not red for whatever reason, and they light you up and THEN they go red.

Then you'd respawn, go back out there, kill some NPCs and there was the same group of 4, not red, who would kill you and briefly flip red.

Repeat forever. Is that really how it works?! Come on.

Killing an agent nets you what? 85 seconds of rogue? Respawn and run all the way back, yeah I can see it. My first DZ experience was me running after some rogue agent at half health. He engages a group of mobs, I kill him along with another guy who jumps into my fire. I go rogue for like 13 seconds and he turns on me. So I jumped away and killed him then hid in a truck in a warehouse. Ran to 2 extraction zones and helped out a few players and even rezz'd one, then left to go run the Garden on hard mode with a buddy. The 20 minutes in the DZ was pretty damn fun and full of paranoia so that probably sold me on throwing some money at it.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: February 21, 2016, 03:07:00 PM

I tried this today. It's fun but they've made some boneheaded moves. Number one for me? I can't name my character. It probably doesn't matter to you guys but my character name is my username for Uplay? WTF?

Their chat interface is awful, it reminds me of Defiance. No clans/guilds?

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: February 21, 2016, 04:07:51 PM

No clans/guilds as far as I know.. It's not an MMO, I didn't see the reason for one personally.  I think they just want you to use the Uplay friend list for most of it.

As for the game, I ended up ordering it. 
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #223 on: February 21, 2016, 05:02:13 PM

No clans/guilds as far as I know.. It's not an MMO, I didn't see the reason for one personally.  I think they just want you to use the Uplay friend list for most of it.

I was pretty meh on it the entire weekend but ended up logging in every chance I could.  Good enough for me.
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: February 21, 2016, 05:07:42 PM

Just got out of running around with 2 buddies in the DZ for about an hour or two. Cleared a few building with some yellow mobs and got 2 extractions with some blue loot. Last 15 minutes, got chased but a group of 5 rogue agents, all lvl5 rogue and 1 with a manhunt on him. We end up at an extraction with 3 other people - the rogues came through like a wave and just mauled all of us - 2 of the agents waiting ran off, me and my buddies tried to engage but were gunned down pretty quick. Actually, all 4 guys shot sticky bombs at the helipad and 1 of my buddies flew over my head from the explosion. I then got shot and melee'd to death.

And now I am out $60...and have to wait 2 weeks.  awesome, for real

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: February 21, 2016, 05:59:23 PM

I was pretty meh on it the entire weekend but ended up logging in every chance I could.  Good enough for me.

Yeah I played it for a couple of hours and forced myself to stop, cuz I like playing as fresh as possible at launch. 
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #226 on: February 21, 2016, 07:23:26 PM

Ran afoul of a squad of three rogues last night several DZ levels below me and none sporting anything better than a blue primary. The first tries to light me up and I drop him immediately. His boys try to flank me but I'm geared out in all purples and the Liberator as my primary.

It basically went down a lot like this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0yEWvLRE4Q

Fucking asshats.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #227 on: February 21, 2016, 10:54:33 PM

Had fun, hit lvl 8/11, much more fun with friends.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: February 22, 2016, 06:42:48 AM

I tried this today. It's fun but they've made some boneheaded moves. Number one for me? I can't name my character. It probably doesn't matter to you guys but my character name is my username for Uplay? WTF?

You can change your UPlay name. Your friend's list is your guild.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: February 22, 2016, 06:58:21 AM

You can change your UPlay name. Your friend's list is your guild.

I know you can change your Uplay name but if you read interviews they tout how this is a deep RPG as well as a shooter, yet, all 4 of my characters would have the same name. By RPG what they really mean is "we have some skills in the game and you can dress up your character."

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: February 22, 2016, 11:43:27 AM

Anyone have an opinion on if PC or Xbox version is better?  I played the Xbox beta and it would seem a mouse would beat the the controller hands-down.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: February 22, 2016, 11:51:26 AM

I really don't understand these questions. PC is million times better. How could it be any different?

Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: February 22, 2016, 12:02:54 PM

PC is also more susceptible to hackers - the trade off I guess. That is probably the only drawback. I'm running it on the PS4 because I am lazy and like couch gaming.  awesome, for real

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: February 22, 2016, 02:55:47 PM

You trade superior graphics and controls for dealing with hackers.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #234 on: February 22, 2016, 06:15:23 PM

I'll take that trade.

Players are asshats regardless, limit their ability to cheat and be bigger asshats.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: February 22, 2016, 06:55:28 PM

I'll take that trade.

Players are asshats regardless, limit their ability to cheat and be bigger asshats.

I would, too, but I'm incapable of playing anything other than fighting and racing games with a controller.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: February 23, 2016, 01:31:45 AM

Why is all the hype for this game so DZ-centric? I enjoyed exploring the city and thought the PvE missions were well-done and unique (also, loot). The Dark Zone was a cute diversion but there are a billion other shooters I'd play before spending any significant amount of time there. Are you guys actually buying this for the competitive multiplayer?
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #237 on: February 23, 2016, 02:47:47 AM

The SP is solid, but... it's nothing amazing. I spent about half my time in the Beta (probably played about 6-8 hours in total) poking around in the DZ because I wanted to see how it played - since the "SP/PVE" is much of the same thing we've done a million times before. Also, all of the hype about the DZ loot being "the best loot is in the DZ", so it seems they're wanting to really incentivise it.

Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: February 23, 2016, 03:56:52 AM

I spent Friday and Saturday doing the PvE stuff and trying to find all the trinkets (phones, folders, echos) with two characters. So I had my fill of the single player part. Even had a chance to play with my buddy and noticed the mob density increased and their behavior altered slightly. It was pretty solid for being such a brief demo. Nothing at all against the single player part. DZ was just a little more intense and had more chaos which I found pretty interesting since I haven't been into PvP areas of games since basically Planetside (circa 2003).

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: February 23, 2016, 05:07:44 AM

To me, this game won't last much. I want to play it for a while, enough not to get bored and fall into too much repetition, and I am gonna enjoy the exploration of New York in a setting I really like while at it. That means I am gonna spend some time in PvE, which seems very easy and relaxing, while also following the story which is a pleasant bonus, and then engage in some PvP when and if my friends are around or if I want a change of pace and I'm just looking for some unpredictable action that sometimes leads to memorable moments. So, not much investment in one side or the other of the Pv* equation, just looking to enjoy a new game that plays smooth enough and seems to offer at least a couple of different game modes.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: February 23, 2016, 07:24:44 AM

I think people are ignoring the PVE part because IN THE BETA they blast you with a "carry this from A to B and OH YEAH you can only walk at a snails pace and have to put it down a few times to fight off waves of attackers that are announced over a PA system" quest. If they put THAT in the beta, what do they actually consider to be bad quest design? The sky is the fucking limit here.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #241 on: February 23, 2016, 12:05:23 PM

Basically, I enjoyed it, but not enough to need to buy it on release. I'm not in competition with others nor do I feel a need to rush to the endgame, so with that in mind, I'm personally happy to wait and see. I'll probably pick it up the first time it goes on digital sale on PSN so my wife and I can both play at the same time using the one purchase via family sharing - even though it'll probably be a month or three before it hits a first sale.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: February 24, 2016, 05:34:31 PM

If you're thinking of buying this for PC, try Green Man Gaming.  They have it on sale for 28% off.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: February 25, 2016, 05:54:10 PM

If you're thinking of buying this for PC, try Green Man Gaming.  They have it on sale for 28% off.

Must have been a 24 hour sale, or something as it's $59.99 currently.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #244 on: February 26, 2016, 11:22:03 AM

You can get the gold version for $67.50 using these steps.

Why is all the hype for this game so DZ-centric? I enjoyed exploring the city and thought the PvE missions were well-done and unique (also, loot). The Dark Zone was a cute diversion but there are a billion other shooters I'd play before spending any significant amount of time there. Are you guys actually buying this for the competitive multiplayer?

What billion other shooters have something similar to the Dark Zone? I don't think it fits under the traditional classification of "competitive multiplayer".
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division  
Jump to: