Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:57:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2123647 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #13755 on: November 24, 2011, 11:57:48 AM

Make sure to hum Loituma while spinning it about and advancing upon your master.  To complete the image.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13756 on: November 24, 2011, 12:02:55 PM

Help me with the spec choices. People keep saying they have all the usual range of mmog abilities, but this what I'm seeing, let me know where there is more to these specs than I've listed....

Juggernaught/Guardian
   Rage/Focus : wtf?
   Immortal/Defense : General Tanking
   Vengence/Vigilance : Single target melee dps

Maurauder/Sentinel
Don't care - dual light sabres look ridiculous.

Sage/Sorceror
  Lightning/Telekinetics : Direct damage
  Corruption/Seer : Direct Heal
  Madness/Balance : Short Range DoTs

Assassin/Shadow
  Madness/Balance : Short Range DoTs
  Kinetic/Darkness  : Avoidance tank
  Decption/Inflitration : Stealth/Melee dps

Operative/Scoundrel
  Lethality/Dirty Fighting : DoTs
  Medic/Sawbones : Heals
  Concealment/Scrapper : Stealth/Melee dps

Sniper/Gunslinger
  Lethality/Dirty Fighting : DoTs
  Engineering/Saboteur : med range aoe dps?
  Marksmen/Sharpshooter : long range direct damage

Powertech/Vanguard
   Prototype/Assault : Shortish range direct damage
   Shield/Shield  : Tank of some sort
   Firebug/tactics : Huh more aoe maybe?

Mercenary/Commando
   Bodyguard/Medic : Healing bullets
   Arsenal/Gunnery : Long range direct damage

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #13757 on: November 24, 2011, 12:15:08 PM

11/23 patch notes (hopefully there won't be a multi-gigabyte patch tomorrow, but check the launcher often, just in case :P), grabbed from DarthHater.com:

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19722-patch-notes-11-23-2011

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #13758 on: November 24, 2011, 12:37:32 PM

Kinda bummed to see the damage reduction for high-level mobs. I know folks were complaining that non-tank classes 30+ were getting assraped in solo missions but I was looking forward to the challenge.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13759 on: November 24, 2011, 12:41:27 PM

It's not Friday yet, dammit.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13760 on: November 24, 2011, 12:43:46 PM

Go solo Heroic 2's if you want a challenge then Montague, they're totally doable with you + companion.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13761 on: November 24, 2011, 12:53:03 PM

Mercenary/Commando
   Bodyguard/Medic : Healing bullets
   Arsenal/Gunnery : Long range direct damage
There are a few videos explaining how these classes work... they're fairly simplistic and informative if you don't mind occasional mumbling:
"healing bullets" spec http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-RPPNujdxg
"spam that missile" spec http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b7LesO6DLo
"burn stuff" spec (really hard to understand what he's saying sometimes) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLpXrmecvzc

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13762 on: November 24, 2011, 01:31:48 PM

With hundreds of hours come thousands of characters--literally. So many of them, in fact, that this November, The Old Republic will enter the Guinness Book of World Records for having the biggest voice-over cast in entertainment history, with more than 1,000 actors speaking in three different languages. The game has between 250,000 and 280,000 lines of dialogue--the word-count equivalent of five Infinite Jests.

Taken from this article:  BioWare Bets Big With The Old Republic.
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #13763 on: November 24, 2011, 01:39:23 PM

Any min/maxer's get a read on which of the three healing specs is going to be the best in the long term for raiding needs? Any hard numbers to get comparisons on?
Lun
Terracotta Army

Reply #13764 on: November 24, 2011, 02:44:11 PM

I have a question for anyone who has been or is currently in the closed beta test:

My beta starts tomorrow at 17:00 CET. Do you think I will be able to play though all the character classes up to level 10-ish by the end of the beta?

I'm curious, so I can stack up on food and lock myself in for the weekend  awesome, for real
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #13765 on: November 24, 2011, 02:54:45 PM

Any min/maxer's get a read on which of the three healing specs is going to be the best in the long term for raiding needs? Any hard numbers to get comparisons on?

The scuttlebutt right now is that Sorcerer/Sage is better, but that could all get washed away in a balance pass.

Down the line the balance between energy/heat-based and force-based healers just comes down to encounter design.  If Operative/Scoundrel throughput is balanced around max energy return and encounter design is based around a lot of huge spikes, they might never be in a good place (or, you might not want to have them make up the majority of your healer corps).  Mercenary/Commando seems similar although running out of heat capacity bites you immediately instead of in the near future.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #13766 on: November 24, 2011, 03:25:39 PM

My beta starts tomorrow at 11am!  I have severed all ties to friends and family and will burrow, hermit-like, into the game for the weekend.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #13767 on: November 24, 2011, 03:26:47 PM

My beta starts tomorrow at 11am!  I have severed all ties to friends and family and will burrow, hermit-like, into the game for the weekend.

Looks like I am going to play Dungeon Defenders for the next 17 hours to pass the time.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #13768 on: November 24, 2011, 03:30:06 PM

I have a question for anyone who has been or is currently in the closed beta test:

My beta starts tomorrow at 17:00 CET. Do you think I will be able to play though all the character classes up to level 10-ish by the end of the beta?

I'm curious, so I can stack up on food and lock myself in for the weekend  awesome, for real

From my past weekend experience... yeah, you can. But it will be close if you do both sides.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #13769 on: November 24, 2011, 04:39:47 PM

Wait, the brought it down for maintenance on Thanksgiving??
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #13770 on: November 24, 2011, 06:23:55 PM

Why not?
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #13771 on: November 24, 2011, 06:36:37 PM

That's EA's dedication to their workers' well being and happiness.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #13772 on: November 24, 2011, 06:46:21 PM

Just logged in and a small patch was up, if you wanna grab it before tomorrow morning.

- Viin
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #13773 on: November 24, 2011, 06:46:50 PM

I'm more thinking they have some non US people in their ops crew. If you're going to run international, you SHOULD.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13774 on: November 24, 2011, 07:34:25 PM

Hey, money before tradition.  Toys-R-Us, Target, Wal*mart and Macy's are all forcing their employees to go in tonight, why shouldn't EA get in on the fun?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13775 on: November 24, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Well the EU servers are up!

One change I didn't notice at first, but they updated all the Cyborg options, so they reflect the class they are on. I predict a METRIC FUCK TON of Imperial Agent 'Cyborgs' now.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #13776 on: November 24, 2011, 08:02:56 PM

One change I didn't notice at first, but they updated all the Cyborg options, so they reflect the class they are on.
What does this mean, could you elaborate ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13777 on: November 24, 2011, 08:08:25 PM

The implants, they fit the theme of the class.

So the implants a Trooper gets are different from Smugglers, a Sith warrior is different from a Imperial Agent.

Imperial Agents get very minimalistic and sleek implants now, including Deus Ex style sunglasses.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13778 on: November 24, 2011, 08:11:11 PM

I can't wait 12 hours to find out! yarrrg.

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13779 on: November 24, 2011, 08:43:37 PM

Are we attempting to organize at all for this weekend?

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #13780 on: November 24, 2011, 08:58:56 PM

I think we'd be lucky to be able to get on the same server.. but we can try!

- Viin
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #13781 on: November 24, 2011, 10:44:26 PM

Imperial Agents get very minimalistic and sleek implants now, including Deus Ex style sunglasses.

Me want!!!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I just downloaded (7.53am CET) a small patch:

- Updated the User Interface art for the Legacy System

- Players will no longer see Error 1003 when attempting to join the queue for a full server

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #13782 on: November 25, 2011, 01:48:00 AM

The scuttlebutt right now is that Sorcerer/Sage is better, but that could all get washed away in a balance pass.

Down the line the balance between energy/heat-based and force-based healers just comes down to encounter design.  If Operative/Scoundrel throughput is balanced around max energy return and encounter design is based around a lot of huge spikes, they might never be in a good place (or, you might not want to have them make up the majority of your healer corps).  Mercenary/Commando seems similar although running out of heat capacity bites you immediately instead of in the near future.

From just barely looking at the specs, I think the sorcerer is most versatile. Purely speculative and from that one movie they released, I fully expect encounter design/difficulty to be very strongly toned down. So I expect the choice will be more along the lines of "is your healer versatile enough to fill more roles", rather than "can your healer push out throughput".

As an aside, if you're from Europe and you want to play on day one - pre-order today. Supply got completely screwed yesterday afternoon. Weather it's EA's incompetence or malice (pushing origin sales) it's retarded either way.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #13783 on: November 25, 2011, 02:55:01 AM

Five hours until access!  Hmm, what class should I try as my first foray into The Old Republic?  My first toon in WoW was an orc shaman, maybe stay iconic and play a Jedi Knight even though I'm playing one at release.

Whats good crafting for Knights?  Also, any tips for a newbie or does the game do a good job at starting you?
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #13784 on: November 25, 2011, 03:12:03 AM

Also, any tips for a newbie or does the game do a good job at starting you?

Play with your eyes open, use your keyboard + mouse, and breathe with your mouth closed. Avoid poopsocking if possible. Otherwise, if you've played almost any other MMO in the last 6 years, you will do fine.

Consider reading the FAQ in the tester forum, or this FAQ: http://liberi-fatali.net/the-old-republic/star-wars-the-old-republic-guide-and-faq/.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #13785 on: November 25, 2011, 03:20:50 AM

Like a lot of other people, I'll try a couple classes I'm the least interested with, in my case Trooper and Sith Warrior. But, of course, I won't resist and also take a peek at the two I intend to play at the beginning of retail, Agent and Consular.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #13786 on: November 25, 2011, 04:08:21 AM

Well the EU servers are up!

One change I didn't notice at first, but they updated all the Cyborg options, so they reflect the class they are on. I predict a METRIC FUCK TON of Imperial Agent 'Cyborgs' now.

You make this sound like a bad thing.  why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #13787 on: November 25, 2011, 05:29:42 AM

And now, a PSA from the people at Reddit regarding this weekend.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #13788 on: November 25, 2011, 06:23:02 AM

Roughly 1h and 30m to the neverending queues  awesome, for real

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13789 on: November 25, 2011, 06:39:53 AM

PVP Server, I choose you!

Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: