Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:21:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: R U BORD? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: R U BORD?  (Read 4010 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: May 23, 2006, 08:10:57 AM

HERE is a game I've never even heard of.  It doesn't look great or anything and it seems to be located in Argentina or some other mythical land.  They are looking for more English speaking players so they can justify having an English server.  Right now there seems to be 5 people playing, if that's any indication of how it's going for them.  I wouldn't even bother posting but it IS a game of sorts and about 10 of you lazy lot have told me how bored you are with the games available right now.  HI, CHEDDAR!  Anyway... someone, like CHEDDAR, should go fiddle with it and tell us all about it.  I have no idea if there is an NDA or not as I don't speak Argelantanian. 

I wait with fishy breath for the expose on this unknown, highly unanticipated game.

Edit:  This game should be most excellent as it appears to be in it's 6th beta stage!   smiley
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 08:20:03 AM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 08:48:24 AM

Here is how far I got...

"Choose one of the races, the tenacious wood elves, the brave dwarfs, the mystical dark elves or the courageous humans."

Come on, half the races are friggin elves...is anyone else sick of elves besides me??? There needs to be a hedgetrimmer class that going around chopping all the pointy ears...But...thanks for pointing it out.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 08:50:04 AM

The graphics are very nearly mostly better than Runescape!

(I'm bored, but not this bored)   smiley

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 10:25:16 AM

(I'm bored, but not this bored)   smiley

Me too.

We need  Hello Kitty
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 10:42:41 AM

Regnum OnlineŽ is a persistent world full of adventures, characters and awestrucking landscapes.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAhahAHAHAHAHhahaHAHAhaHahahaHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

This alone makes it worth trying.  It's extremely awestrucking!

edit.  I am actually having fun with UO.  Did not get a chance to log in yesterday, but I am hoping to get some time in today.  I know you guys are awaiting a rambling update on my UO adventures!

edit part deux.  Seems as if their English speaking customers barely comprehend english.  A couple choice quotes from the official board:

Quote from: krissb
hello i am having a problemwhen i select my character and i am in the world after a couple of secondes it disconects me why??

i was running a bit torrent and i closed it to see if it worked but it didnt will i have to redownload??

Quote from: Laifalath
Hello,

is it planned to add a crafting system in Regnum? I mean it could be really fast boring if you only have to kill mobs ...

I wonder, if I go post a coherent thought and lie about representing F13.net, will I get free stuff from them???
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 10:51:33 AM by Cheddar »

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 10:54:44 AM

I want to play NOW!

(click here)
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 10:58:49 AM

does it have DKP?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 11:31:24 AM

Ya'll are just too mean. First of all, their spanish-speaking posters have even more atrocious spanish than the non-english english posting posters. Secondly, how dare you malign a game that has, as a first DEV player help post the correct use of the /loc command to find fellow players using coordinates!?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 01:58:09 PM

Ya'll are just too mean. First of all, their spanish-speaking posters have even more atrocious spanish than the non-english english posting posters.

Really? I always thought Argentinians had the closest thing to a "Spanish" accent than anyone else (except the Spanish). I figured they'd sound right in Spanish too.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 02:00:00 PM by Stray »
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 02:06:53 PM

B 'atrocious' spanish I don't mean their accent, I meant their ability to type, spell, form coherent written thought, etc. And the dev posts are fine, its just the posts by the end users that broaden my cultural horizons more than I wanted them to be.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 02:58:24 PM

B 'atrocious' spanish I don't mean their accent, I meant their ability to type, spell, form coherent written thought, etc.

So it isn't just Americans that suffer from Internet Retardation.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 03:08:24 PM

B 'atrocious' spanish I don't mean their accent, I meant their ability to type, spell, form coherent written thought, etc.

So it isn't just Americans that suffer from Internet Retardation.

Spanish l33t speak has opened a new screaming wound in my mind.

Catalan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 03:44:19 PM

On top of that, let's say nettiquette doesn't yet have a Spanish translation :). The average tone in any spanish speaking intardnet board would make the most hardened anglosaxon poster cower in a corner, sobbing.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 04:01:24 PM

Is that George Lucas in the middle of those three toons on the top of the main page?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 04:03:37 PM

ART THOU BORED???

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 01:40:24 AM

HERE is a game I've never even heard of.

At first glance I read rectum online, I registered for beta nonetheless.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 05:14:42 AM

I crash after the opening video :(

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 06:21:30 AM

At first glance I read rectum online, I registered for beta naked.

I know what you really meant!

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 07:21:54 AM

At first glance I read rectum online, I registered for beta naked.

I know what you really meant!
No woman knows that.

Trust me.
 0.0 DPS

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 07:27:17 AM

Don't cry!   huh

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 06:58:02 AM

HERE'S another one for you.  I don't know a thing about it.  Who is sending me all these strange emails?  If it doesn't end, I might have to pm schild about it!  I like the look on this bloke's face:

"Please... no... don't....", he says.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 08:36:48 AM

Heh heh, I love the opening line of that one's background Story:

What was heaven is now a virtual hell.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: R U BORD?  
Jump to: