Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 05:10:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 2.0.7 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2.0.7  (Read 12479 times)
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 12:50:02 PM

The thing about the + to guns is,that +5 translates into only about .5% added crit chance to a monster at your level.. and that's IF your WS is the full 5 points above the monster's defense.    Most of the other stuff WS grants only really works for melee, unless I'm completly misremembering the way WS works.

Anyway, since WS doesn't affect ranged weapons the same was melee, I always felt Dwarves got the short end of the racial stick. 

Anywho - yeah gun itemization used to suck.  It's pretty good now, but its funny hearing hunters complain about having to raise gun skills they ignored, or even use a gun at all.   I'm on a bow now, still hoping for that epic gun to drop for me on a random chance, while working on my key so I can get into a Kharazan group for the Wolf's gun drop.  Whee.
I'm still using the Blastershot Launcher -- I always wanted that Dragonbreath Handcannon from BWL, but I doubt I'll ever get that. Pity, it looked awesome.

I got a random world purple gun drop on my priest, which I failed to sell before BC came along and smashed the old world-drop purple market :(

Witty banter not included.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 01:07:36 PM

I got a random world purple gun drop on my priest, which I failed to sell before BC came along and smashed the old world-drop purple market :(
Heh, I've got both the Flawless Arcanite Rifle schem AND the Accurascope schem. (Spent a lot of DKP on both of them -- never planned to make the gun, though.). MC mats for the accurascope actually went up with TBC, since no one is currently running MC.
WayAbvPar

Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 02:48:51 PM

The thing about the + to guns is,that +5 translates into only about .5% added crit chance to a monster at your level.. and that's IF your WS is the full 5 points above the monster's defense.    Most of the other stuff WS grants only really works for melee, unless I'm completly misremembering the way WS works.

Anyway, since WS doesn't affect ranged weapons the same was melee, I always felt Dwarves got the short end of the racial stick. 

Anywho - yeah gun itemization used to suck.  It's pretty good now, but its funny hearing hunters complain about having to raise gun skills they ignored, or even use a gun at all.   I'm on a bow now, still hoping for that epic gun to drop for me on a random chance, while working on my key so I can get into a Kharazan group for the Wolf's gun drop.  Whee.
I'm still using the Blastershot Launcher -- I always wanted that Dragonbreath Handcannon from BWL, but I doubt I'll ever get that. Pity, it looked awesome.

I got my very first purple world drop last week. I was so excited, since I needed some cash to by my mount. My friends loaned me the gold for the mount and riding skill while I AH'ed it. had it up 2 or 3 times and no love yet  cry

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007, 04:42:40 PM

[ When they changed Shadowmeld so you couldn't aimed shot without breaking, I was glad I'd taken a dwarf. Stoneform for PvP and Find Treasure for PvE are rather useful skills, and I prefer guns to bows -- and gun itemization was a lot better in later raiding zones, and supposedly in TBC. (My main is only level 61 -- been busy).

Gun itemization is so much better in TBC that the elf hunters in my guild are starting to whine. Blizzard can never seem to balance itemization, prefering to swing widely in on direction or another. It seems like 99% of the quest itemization rewards are guns, with 2 crossbows and 1 low level bow that I remember from 60-70.

Treasure finding has effectively been nerfed by the complete lack of any outdoor treasure chests. As well they have changed rare mobs. In the old world a rare was barely stronger than a similarly leveled normal mob, now they appear to be super-elites, even stronger than a quest elite of similar level. Probably both changes were made to combat farmers but it takes away a bit of what I found fun about the game.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 04:59:26 PM

Point the gun whiners over here  Quest reward from a fairly long quest line in Shadowmoon valley. It beings at 68 at the Altar of the Damned with hunting elementals and ends with killing this huge elemental lord.  It was a really cool series.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007, 05:00:56 PM

Point the gun whiners over here  Quest reward from a fairly long quest line in Shadowmoon valley. It beings at 68 at the Altar of the Damned with hunting elementals and ends with killing this huge elemental lord.  It was a really cool series.

Ya they must have added the bow late in beta cause I did that quest series on my druid and don't remember the bow.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 15, 2007, 10:20:34 PM

Treasure finding works for all 'find x bones / zeppelin parts / orb of whatshisface / etc' type quests though, which is nice.

-- Z.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 16, 2007, 12:54:03 AM

Finding a dagger that doesn't have caster shit on it is tricky too.

And I said tricky, not impossible.  For Christ's Sake, don't link me to the Terrokar Dune Quest again.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 16, 2007, 12:55:19 AM

Treasure finding works for all 'find x bones / zeppelin parts / orb of whatshisface / etc' type quests though, which is nice.

-- Z.

Fine for the 0.001% of your gameplay time you will spend leveling maybe.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 16, 2007, 08:00:28 AM

And I said tricky, not impossible.  For Christ's Sake, don't link me to the Terrokar Dune Quest again.

Yes, my rogue is quite perturbed at this phenomenon although he has found a few daggers that are just fine for now.  (Read: way more kick ass than I had before.) 

However, my Warlock has been most appreciative to my rogue for the daggers he keeps sending him.  Either for use or for disenchanting.  Works both ways.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 16, 2007, 09:53:40 AM

-- Z.

Fine for the 0.001% of your gameplay time you will spend leveling maybe.

Considering I find that to be the most annoying type of quest, it makes me happy. Plus Stoneform is useful enough in PvE too.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 17, 2007, 07:02:17 PM

'
I found a 1.9 speed dagger in terrokar too but it's only green. was reasonable dps though but not up to the 2 daggers from the Sand Worm.

For fist weapons it's all joy though. Currently my roque is sporting the one from Ring of Blood and an offhand from Netherspire. It was kind of amusing that I'd never used fist weapons before but my unarmed skill was around 285 from being disarmped by npc's leveling to 60.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 2.0.7  
Jump to: