Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 07:21:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Early Holiday Sale 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Early Holiday Sale  (Read 77300 times)
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: December 23, 2009, 04:13:14 AM

Um wow. I think I might end up ordering more games in the next day than I have in the past 3 years.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #71 on: December 23, 2009, 07:17:16 AM

I almost bought Citizen Kabuto from GOG before I came to my senses.  Need to stay off the net for a bit.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #72 on: December 23, 2009, 07:54:07 AM

STALKER for 1.99 Euros?
 Heart

Oh, and a game called Mirror's Edge is available for only 3.74 Euros. I rummaged through the forum to see if there was a topic about it, and it seems a cool game to try out for that price.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 08:29:47 AM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: December 23, 2009, 08:36:51 AM

STALKER for 1.99 Euros?
 Heart

Oh, and a game called Mirror's Edge is available for only 3.74 Euros. I rummaged through the forum to see if there was a topic about it, and it seems a cool game to try out for that price.

RE: Mirror's Edge.  I bought it when it was on sale for the same price a few weeks back, and I think it was worth it.  Its more of a novelty than a game, and when it wears off, it kind of loses its appeal, but for that price, you can easily get your money's worth.  Beware though,  if you are prone to motion sickness, the game can really cause a mean bout of it.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #74 on: December 23, 2009, 09:44:38 AM

I'd wait on buying ANYTHING. The Woot timer at the bottom will go for every day, buy your stuff if it shows up there and on January 2nd make the big purchases.

So that means STALKER (free practically duh) and Mirrors Edge are the big two and Mirrors Edge was on sale for 5 not long ago.  Was it good on pc?  I thought it looked cool but remember the ps3 version getting panned for repetition and stuff back when it came out.  Id try it unless it was a bad console port and is going to piss me off that way.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: December 23, 2009, 10:17:32 AM

Was it good on pc?  I thought it looked cool but remember the ps3 version getting panned for repetition and stuff back when it came out.  Id try it unless it was a bad console port and is going to piss me off that way.

I picked Mirror's Edge up on PC the first time it was on sale and enjoyed it very much, didn't really have any complaints about any controls or anything.  Although my wife did mention she got motion sick watching me play it.  swamp poop

Lost a lot of it's charm after playing through story mode once and doing a few time trial runs, but for $5 it was well worth it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 12:56:14 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: December 23, 2009, 10:17:46 AM

I've heard the PC version action plays a bit better because of ye olde K+M. Plus if you have a graphics card that supports PhysX it has gratuitous flapping.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #77 on: December 23, 2009, 10:59:43 AM

This sale just pulled another $70 out of me  Ohhhhh, I see.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: December 23, 2009, 11:06:41 AM

Hmm, Batman or Borderlands? Hmm... awesome, for real

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #79 on: December 23, 2009, 11:52:04 AM

Hmm, Batman or Borderlands? Hmm... awesome, for real

What is this "or"?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: December 23, 2009, 12:14:51 PM

Hehehe...Anyways, back from my first session of vomiting Mirror's Edge: whoa, love the scenery (my 24" monitor helps :D) and yeah, I see why the novelty factor might wear off after a while, but the concept is great, as well as the music :)

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #81 on: December 23, 2009, 03:51:41 PM

Spellforce 2 looks interesting for only $15.  Anyone played it before?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #82 on: December 23, 2009, 03:58:42 PM

Last I heard, it came with Starforce, just FYI.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #83 on: December 23, 2009, 04:00:36 PM

According to the Game Details the Steam version has no non-Steam DRM -- i.e. no StarForce.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #84 on: December 23, 2009, 04:11:25 PM

Hooray, I might finally get it now...I've been eyeing it up for a few years now.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: December 23, 2009, 05:34:02 PM

Steam needs to upgrade their servers if they are going to be doing deals like this so often. Bought Witcher yesterday and after almost 24 hours solid of downloading I'm still 4 gigs away @ ~100KB/s

That or Steam should work it so you download the game sequentially and play the first bits while the rest downloads in the back, like the WoW trial. Because as it is I have downloaded over a Gig of making of videos in Polish that I, frankly, could do without. Gimmah Mah GAME Already!

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #86 on: December 23, 2009, 05:56:18 PM

Does the steam version of Stalker: Clear Sky have the AIDS Starforce?

TAGES
It says it on Steam.

OK next question. Is it fucked up like Starforce, or is it relatively benign like SecuROM?

I did a quick bit of reading via google, and I can't really tell.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #87 on: December 23, 2009, 06:12:32 PM

From what I recall it's somewhere in between, but I haven't heard of it doing terrible things like Starforce did.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #88 on: December 23, 2009, 08:20:43 PM

Well, what a time to be fucking broke. I own most of what I'd want out of the sale thus far, but there are a few tempting morsels, like the second Stalker. The page for Clear Sky sez:

Oops, this is embarrassing. Due to high demand we have temporarily run out of unique keys for this title. You may, by all means, purchase at the awesome sale price but may not be able to play until we receive more unique product keys. It shouldn't take too long, we have sent armed guards to the publisher's house to get them out of bed, drive them to their secret lair and produce more keys.
I know y'all be hatin', but ChampO for $10 is also temptating. Riddick and the first ArmA for $7.

Dernit.
schild
Administrator

Reply #89 on: December 23, 2009, 08:48:23 PM

Is travel better in Clear sky?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #90 on: December 23, 2009, 10:08:33 PM

I'm broke until payday, but a buddy got me Stalker: Shadow over Chernobyl for Christmas. I started playing it tonight. Is that headbob thing supposed to be a feature? It actually kind of makes my eyes cross. The gameplay seems good other than that. I plan on hitting a few of the cheaper bits of this sale when payday rolls around. There's a lot of tempting shit in there. Both Freedom Force's for less than $6? The Witcher?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #91 on: December 23, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

There's a config file hack to fix the bobbing, just Google on it.

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: December 24, 2009, 04:02:10 AM

Any point in getting GTAIV if I have it on the 360 already?
Kageh
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: December 24, 2009, 06:57:38 AM

Any point in getting GTAIV if I have it on the 360 already?

PC Version has better graphics if your computer can run it, and AFAIK something like a video editor and bigger multiplayer. No DLC (I think).
Kageh
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: December 24, 2009, 06:59:30 AM

I'm broke until payday, but a buddy got me Stalker: Shadow over Chernobyl for Christmas. I started playing it tonight. Is that headbob thing supposed to be a feature? It actually kind of makes my eyes cross. The gameplay seems good other than that. I plan on hitting a few of the cheaper bits of this sale when payday rolls around. There's a lot of tempting shit in there. Both Freedom Force's for less than $6? The Witcher?

I have a profound love/hate relationship with Stalker. I really want to like it, and everytime I start having fun I either get lost by wandering around for ages in the wilderness or one-shotted by something I haven't seen coming, and we're back at start.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: December 24, 2009, 09:59:40 AM

New daily deal set is up.  L4D2, Serious Sam HD (tempting), and ID Software pack that contains pretty much every game ID has made for $24.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: December 24, 2009, 10:05:32 AM

New, 24-hour promotion for today (December 24th):

ID Superpack - 66.99 € 23.79
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter 19.99  € 9.99
Need For Speed: Shift 49.99 €37.49
Left 4 Dead 2 37.99 €25.45
Football Manager 2010 49.99 €37.49

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: December 24, 2009, 10:29:20 AM

Thats interesting, as the US prices for those same games goes like this:

ID Superpack - $23.79
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter $9.99
Need For Speed: Shift $37.49
Left 4 Dead 2 $33.49
Football Manager 2010 $29.99

So, they only seem to have adjusted for exchange rate with L4D2, and you seem to be getting seriously fucked with Soccer Manager 2010  awesome, for real

-Stephen Colbert
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #98 on: December 24, 2009, 12:14:24 PM

New daily deal set is up.  L4D2, Serious Sam HD (tempting), and ID Software pack that contains pretty much every game ID has made for $24.

I noticed the other day that none of the id stuff was on sale, and was thinking that maybe it was because they were planning on doing it as part of a one day sale.  Using that same logic, I predict that there's going to be an Interplay sale at some point since none of their games are on sale yet either.
Kageh
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: December 24, 2009, 12:36:49 PM

Today's sale is kind of meh though, at least compared to yesterday's. The "current" games are available at similar or lower prices from Amazon & Co. ID superpack is cool but I played Doom in 1994 and Hexen back then too, srsly. Dunno about Serious Sam HD.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #100 on: December 24, 2009, 02:03:39 PM

Today's sale is kind of meh though, at least compared to yesterday's. The "current" games are available at similar or lower prices from Amazon & Co. ID superpack is cool but I played Doom in 1994 and Hexen back then too, srsly. Dunno about Serious Sam HD.

Yeah i can happily ignore today's sale, I wish I had bought Mirrors Edge but I was too busy doing RL shopping to log into my Steam on someone else's machine and buy it.  Oh well.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: December 24, 2009, 02:35:31 PM

Yeah, I played Doom, Hexen, Heretic & C. back in the day so while it is tempting to have them sit in a safe Steam corner, there is just too much stuff to play with nowadays.

On the other hand, I would like to see a BIG discount on the Popcap games package  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

schild
Administrator

Reply #102 on: December 24, 2009, 02:38:44 PM

It's amazing how terrible ID is in the broad stroke of things given how important they were back in the day.

One good idea, nothing even remotely good since.

In fact, it's kind of surreal.
schild
Administrator

Reply #103 on: December 24, 2009, 02:39:54 PM

ANYWAY

Does STALKER Clear sky have better travel than the first game?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #104 on: December 24, 2009, 02:41:21 PM

Waiting patiently for ME to go on sale so I can play the sequel on the PC.

-Rasix
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Early Holiday Sale  
Jump to: