Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:05:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WUA: leet raider 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WUA: leet raider  (Read 15104 times)
Gobbeldygook
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 09, 2008, 01:16:32 PM

AE damage early on is fairly minor. Most of the damage comes from random adds and debuffs that can mostly be dispelled. What I wouldn't ever go in there without is a druid or shaman healer.
You do not need a druid or shaman, or paladin healer.  You need a druid, shaman, or paladin to be in the raid.
---
Our only disc priest abandoned the spec after one naxx run.
Dewdrop
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 09, 2008, 01:28:42 PM

How geared are your healers, how many are you using and what comp?

We'll probably be druid-priest for our first run, maybe druid-priest-paladin. I'm debating whether to spec Disc or Holy, what's the AoE damage like for the entry-level bosses?

AE damage early on is fairly minor. Most of the damage comes from random adds and debuffs that can mostly be dispelled. What I wouldn't ever go in there without is a druid or shaman healer. They went completely over the top on the poisons, and they are the only ones who can dispell those.

Paladin's can cleanse poison. We did 10 man naxx in one night with a Discipline Priest and Resto Pally healing. If your healers are good they'll be fine, if they arent then you'll struggle.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 09, 2008, 01:49:29 PM

I'm confident in my ability to heal, I'm confident in my tanks. I'm not confident in my DPS' ability not to suck though.... I guess I'll stick with holy since it's pretty failsafe, although I have to say, disc is more fun.

I guess we'll give it a shot. What's the best order for learning bosses? I was thinking of starting with Raz, then trying Anub and the other Spider bosses, maybe Plague wing, any suggestions?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 09, 2008, 01:55:11 PM

I'm confident in my ability to heal, I'm confident in my tanks. I'm not confident in my DPS' ability not to suck though.... I guess I'll stick with holy since it's pretty failsafe, although I have to say, disc is more fun.

I guess we'll give it a shot. What's the best order for learning bosses? I was thinking of starting with Raz, then trying Anub and the other Spider bosses, maybe Plague wing, any suggestions?

deathknight wing is NOT hard, gothik is a giant loot bag in 10man(his add spawns are very tame) and the four horsemen is just all about positioning and is not a gear check at all. Abmon is probably the hardest as several of the fights are gear checks with spider being the easiest.

I would go.

1.spider
2.plague
3.deathknight
4.abomination

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #39 on: December 09, 2008, 02:09:02 PM

I need to figure out an order that puts the 'dps has to run in these exact places at the right time' fights last. :P

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #40 on: December 09, 2008, 02:46:36 PM

We don't bother moving the tank at all.  Healers range the swarm, tank stands and takes it, everyone else bugs out to deal with the adds.  Both on 25 and 10 man.  Of course you should expect your tank to clear 30k health and be uncrittable, but that's a requirement for heroics much less Naxx. 

All that silly running around nonsense just complicated things.

That would have been simpler by far, to be sure, but we have 0 level 80 priests at the moment.    My current guild is a bunch of of "guys with jobs and families" that were also decent players who decided not to move on to the "you must raid x nights per week" guild everyone else migrated to after our GL took the guild bank and transferred servers.  awesome, for real

It means we'll level slower on average and see content later, but we've got a good group of 20-25 people who aren't asshats and we're already 10-manning Nax so we're not THAT far behind.   

PUG Druid-Druid-Paladin did make for a rough few fights, though.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #41 on: December 09, 2008, 03:29:15 PM

I need to figure out an order that puts the 'dps has to run in these exact places at the right time' fights last. :P

Just have it in your head we're doing these with 8 people instead of 10.

Also, we'll only have one healer.

God Save the Horn Players
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 09, 2008, 04:19:35 PM

Is it just me, or does Anub'Rekhan seem overtuned? I tried tanking him with the little running away from locust swarm tactic and he was still too fast for me to get away even with an intervene on someone. Finally we just put the druid on him so he could sprint when he started casting. Compared to the ease of the two bosses after him, it just seemed off.

We just have the tank take a few hits of the swarm and heal through it.

That's 25man, in 10man the tank can just outrun the swarm if he starts as soon as the boss starts casting.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #43 on: December 09, 2008, 04:30:25 PM

AE damage early on is fairly minor. Most of the damage comes from random adds and debuffs that can mostly be dispelled. What I wouldn't ever go in there without is a druid or shaman healer.
You do not need a druid or shaman, or paladin healer.  You need a druid, shaman, or paladin to be in the raid.
---
Our only disc priest abandoned the spec after one naxx run.

Having a feral druid in the raid doesn't do a ton of good on heavy cleanse fights because it shoots their damage in the foot, and opens them up to major damage. This is especially doubled if you are using them as tanks. I've also yet to find many paladin healers roaming around.

We use two priests, and it seems to work ok so far. I would have loved to have of them be a druid/shaman for better healing balance though.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 09, 2008, 04:39:09 PM

I'm RIGHT HERE!   ACK!

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 10, 2008, 05:44:50 AM

Also, we'll only have one healer.

You act like the people we run with like to run towards bombs for warmth.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 10, 2008, 11:03:57 AM

That would assume they see the bombs to begin with.  Ohhhhh, I see.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 10, 2008, 11:52:11 AM

That would assume they see the bombs to begin with.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Those were FLAMES, not BOMBS.

Difference.  Heartbreak
mol
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 10, 2008, 02:15:42 PM

We just have the tank take a few hits of the swarm and heal through it.

That's 25man, in 10man the tank can just outrun the swarm if he starts as soon as the boss starts casting.

In 10 man we just have the tank stay in and heal through it. It's very minimal damage in 10. That's with 2 healers, too.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 10, 2008, 04:40:48 PM

Can you mitigate the swarm at all? Or does tank gear (other than raw HP) count for nothing?

Also, how does Sartharion (minus drakes) rank for a freshly-80 guild? I know Malygos is tuned to be on the level of the end of Naxx, but I have no idea for Sarth.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #50 on: December 10, 2008, 05:21:23 PM

Can you mitigate the swarm at all? Or does tank gear (other than raw HP) count for nothing?

Also, how does Sartharion (minus drakes) rank for a freshly-80 guild? I know Malygos is tuned to be on the level of the end of Naxx, but I have no idea for Sarth.

We're going to start with Sarth before we do much in Naxx probably, to get everyone used to raiding again. My understanding is that with drakes down he's quite easy, and it doesn't take long so you can squeeze in a lot of attempts if you're on the SS Failboat.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Gobbeldygook
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 10, 2008, 06:11:12 PM

With no drakes up, he is the easiet raid encounter in WoW next to Archavon the Stone Watcer.  Malygos is like Nightbane; you can't do him yet unless you have a summoner.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 10, 2008, 07:14:36 PM

We're going to start with Sarth before we do much in Naxx probably, to get everyone used to raiding again. My understanding is that with drakes down he's quite easy, and it doesn't take long so you can squeeze in a lot of attempts if you're on the SS Failboat.

I demand that be the name of our all protection spec arena team.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: December 10, 2008, 08:14:11 PM

With no drakes up, he is the easiet raid encounter in WoW next to Archavon the Stone Watcer.  Malygos is like Nightbane; you can't do him yet unless you have a summoner.

Maly is also by far the hardest raid in wotlk, he's definitely a tier up from Naxx in terms of difficulty.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 10, 2008, 08:15:45 PM

How geared are your healers, how many are you using and what comp?

We'll probably be druid-priest for our first run, maybe druid-priest-paladin. I'm debating whether to spec Disc or Holy, what's the AoE damage like for the entry-level bosses?

We have a Paladin and a Druid who are really good at their class.  We had no lvl 80 priests until this week, and they all but one mysteriously spec'd Discipline.   If you are going to be a healing priest, take CoH and make it work (mana is hard).  Discipline is proper fucked right now.  

The stand in one place strat works even without ringer healers though.  If you can get HoTs out of one healer and 3k HPS out of the other you should do fine.  On 25-man encounters the aforementioned Paladin and Druid will triple up the other healers (like the two above).  I suppose that would trivialize a lot of encounters, and would if we didn't need 5 other healers to get to 4 total.  

I second the easy-mode nature of Archivon and Sarth (minus the adds).  First time in you'll probably find Archivon's trash (a whole 4 of them, one at a time) to be harder.
Spider < Plague < Death Knight < Abomination in order of difficulty.  We do it in reverse order so people haven't lost focus by the time we get to Thaddius or 4Horse.

Both Archivon and Sarth are "easy on the hours" encounters, great for a raid of indeterminate ability (e.g. you can find out if you should bother with Naxx before you go).  Anub and Noth can be easily low-manned if you just don't have enough guys, but they are good guys (our first kills were with 20 guys).
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WUA: leet raider  
Jump to: