Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:43:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2250771 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #3360 on: September 24, 2010, 06:29:55 AM

Wait, what? You mean I'm supposed to finish games? I'm pretty sure the only X-Box or PC game I completely finsihed in the last two years is Mass Effect 2.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3361 on: September 24, 2010, 07:36:26 AM

I usually make it through maybe half of a game and then start procrastinating/getting bored. I rented Spider-Man and Singularity from RedBox and I think that helped me a lot. Great motivation when you know you are paying $2/day. Finished Spider-Man in 10 days and Singularity in only 2.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3362 on: September 24, 2010, 01:01:54 PM

I'm currently playing Halo: Reach and having a blast. Yes, I know that makes me a pariah around here but meh.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3363 on: September 25, 2010, 03:53:48 PM

I'm currently playing Halo: Reach and having a blast. Yes, I know that makes me a pariah around here but meh.

I just finished the campaign, and thought it was pretty good.  This is coming from someone who couldn't force himself to play Halo 3 for more than the first hour or so, and only played all the way through Halo 2 because I was playing co-op which made it a bit more tolerable.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3364 on: September 26, 2010, 09:30:16 AM

Gothic 4 demo. It's incredibly good looking and your character has Alistair's voice. The story parts are cringe inducing.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3365 on: September 26, 2010, 12:31:17 PM

I just finished the campaign, and thought it was pretty good.  This is coming from someone who couldn't force himself to play Halo 3 for more than the first hour or so, and only played all the way through Halo 2 because I was playing co-op which made it a bit more tolerable.

I finished Halo 3's campaign mostly on the strength of wanting to nkow Cortana's fate. And really, I loved the note it ended on. It was the perfect way to end MC and Cortana's story.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3366 on: September 26, 2010, 11:45:08 PM

Currently having a lot of fun with Firefight mode in Reach.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3367 on: September 27, 2010, 02:26:20 PM

FIFA 11 out at midnight tonight. That, NHL 11, and Civ V are going to eat up most of my free time until spring. Might have to give up my DF account  Heartbreak

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3368 on: September 27, 2010, 02:45:05 PM

Might have to give up my DF account  Heartbreak

Good.  You're better than that.

(barely)  why so serious?

Got 3D Dot Game Heroes though an Amazon gold box deal last week.  Played that some last night and it's fairly charming.  Not sure I'll bother finishing it, however.  Not terribly in the mood for this style of game, and Dead Rising 2 is coming this week.

I think I'm ditching No More Heroes 2.  I would BiiF it, but I don't have much of anything positive to say.  The move to 8 bit mini-games is a dreadful and the boss fights so far are incredibly uninspired.  I even find myself missing that old giant retard-cycle he drove around on.  It's making me doubt that I ever liked the first one and somehow my mind was playing tricks on me at the time.  Yah, it's funny and goofy, but that doesn't make up for it being this bad.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3369 on: September 27, 2010, 02:50:35 PM

The best parts of No More Heroes 1 were the boss fights. Everything else was tedious and silly.

WayAbvPar

Reply #3370 on: September 28, 2010, 08:53:47 AM

Might have to give up my DF account  Heartbreak

Good.  You're better than that.

(barely)  why so serious?

Mob

Got FIFA at midnight. Was just gonna play a little bit, but they reorganized the Accomplishments part of the game, and I got sucked into playing around in the Arena for 20 minutes knocking out accomplishments before I started my first game. Then I played 2 more. Then I went to bed and tossed and turned for 5 hours having weird FIFA dreams.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3371 on: September 28, 2010, 09:15:58 AM

I also got sucked into gaming mode last night, got done playing at 2:30...then for some reason loaded up Civ 5 for another half hour.

Got a good wake-up at work, though. Fire drill, and I go commando when the alarm goes off. Grab the nearest extinguisher, run to the alert panel and find the fire, run and put it out. Then run out to the meeting point. Most people don't take fire drills seriously, dumb asses.

So far no progress on my proposal for zombie invasion drills.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3372 on: September 28, 2010, 10:20:30 AM

Fire drill, and I go commando when the alarm goes off.

You take your underwear off when there is a fire drill?  How odd.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3373 on: September 28, 2010, 11:52:39 AM

You know...I knew when I was typing that some jackanape would make that joke.  Ohhhhh, I see.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3374 on: September 30, 2010, 09:56:22 AM

Picked up Lara Croft on PSN last night and played through the first level with my daughter - I love this game already, really fun couch co-op experience.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3375 on: September 30, 2010, 11:49:41 AM

Dead Rising 1. Yes. I only got around to playing it now.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3376 on: September 30, 2010, 12:31:18 PM

Freedom Force.  Wish it was better.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3377 on: September 30, 2010, 12:37:59 PM

Freedom Force.  Wish it was better.

I think that was everyone's collective opinion.  It could have been awesome, but it wasn't really.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3378 on: September 30, 2010, 12:43:07 PM

Trying a little Global Agenda, probably won't buy the game but who knows.

Picked up R.U.S.E. for Xbox 360 - actually not a bad game, I didn't think a real-time strategy game would do well on a console but it's pretty good. Like the smooth zooming in/out with units stacking as you zoom out further. Bit disappointed I never saw 'You RUSE' when I lost all my troops.

Also picked up Forza Motorsport 3 for the 360. Eh. I think I enjoy the style of the Project Gotham games better.

- Viin
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3379 on: September 30, 2010, 12:47:00 PM

I think that was everyone's collective opinion.
Not everyone's! Love both games.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3380 on: October 01, 2010, 08:40:57 AM

Wife has taken over Just Cause 2.  I still have to do the hard things, like survive firefights. Ohhhhh, I see.

Otherwise, Castlevania HD and LotRO in small (skirmish) increments.  Also small pokes at Super Mario Galaxy 2 with my son; only 38 stars.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3381 on: October 01, 2010, 08:53:10 AM

Wife has taken over Just Cause 2.  I still have to do the hard things, like survive firefights. Ohhhhh, I see.

That is soooo cute! Your wife plays Just Cause 2, but then has you step in to get over the horrid manly parts. Adorable! Its the video game version of having the hubby open the jar of condiments.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3382 on: October 01, 2010, 09:59:51 AM

Still working on Just Cause 2.  Anyone that doesn't think the segment with the ninjas wasn't pure awesome has no soul.

Started up Alpha Protocol, and am probably about halfway through it.  So far I haven't seen any of the issues it's been panned for and am really liking the game a lot.  It doesn't feel like it has any of the clunk I generally associate with Obsidian's games.

Gave up on the Void for now.  Got myself into a situation where I didn't have enough color, and need to restart now that I at least understand things a bit better.  Putting that off for now though.

Started up Puzzle Quest 2, and not sure how I feel about this one.  It's different in some ways I'm not sure I like much.

Also started Shin Megami Tensai:  Strange Journey, and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that one either.  I like it so far, but I think the all dungeons, all the time thing is going to get old sooner than later.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3383 on: October 01, 2010, 11:27:40 AM

Anyone that doesn't think the segment with the ninjas wasn't pure awesome has no soul.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3384 on: October 02, 2010, 10:07:30 AM

Got my replacement XBox 360 in and it seems to be working. I'll be neck deep in FIFA 11 and Forza 2 for the 360 over the next few weeks.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3385 on: October 02, 2010, 02:34:08 PM

Castlevania HD
LotRO

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3386 on: October 02, 2010, 03:49:27 PM

Etrian Odyssey 3 for DS. God damn I love these games. I'm still on the first Strata because I've been fucking around with the new sailing mechanic. Can't wait til I unlock dual class; so much potential for awesome builds.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #3387 on: October 03, 2010, 07:47:13 AM

Minecraft and Civ 5 (Mods are starting to improve some of the O_o features of the game).

Final Fantasy on my iPhone ($3.99 sale this weekend).
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3388 on: October 03, 2010, 06:37:28 PM

Playing a little X3: Terran conflict (or Eve Offline) while I train skills in Eve online.  Also have been playing the shit out of Solomon's Bone Yard on the iPhone.  It's really addicting. 
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3389 on: October 03, 2010, 08:19:28 PM

Civ 5 as the Romans and Rome:Total War as the Romans.

I'm going to see how much ass I kick on various difficulties.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3390 on: October 03, 2010, 10:05:33 PM

Zombie killing.  LOTS OF IT.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3391 on: October 04, 2010, 07:07:27 AM

Nothing.  Sad Panda
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3392 on: October 04, 2010, 03:50:43 PM

I just traded in GoW III at Best Buy in exchange for Dead Rising 2. Cost to me: $4.99 + tax. I even asked the cashier if it wasn't supposed to be half off regular price for the copy of Dead Rising 2.

"Nope. You only have to pay for the insurance. Each new copy from now on is basically free."

Best Buy game insurance is the best deal ever. The only stipulation is that you pay full price + $4.99 on the initial purchase and keep the receipt.

Spinning star Spinning star Spinning star

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #3393 on: October 04, 2010, 06:23:17 PM

I just traded in GoW III at Best Buy in exchange for Dead Rising 2. Cost to me: $4.99 + tax. I even asked the cashier if it wasn't supposed to be half off regular price for the copy of Dead Rising 2.

"Nope. You only have to pay for the insurance. Each new copy from now on is basically free."

Best Buy game insurance is the best deal ever. The only stipulation is that you pay full price + $4.99 on the initial purchase and keep the receipt.

Spinning star Spinning star Spinning star

Did you have to say it didn't work or something at least?
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3394 on: October 04, 2010, 07:13:04 PM

Nah. The deal is you can get it replaced in case of damage or exchange the game when you're ready for a new one. (!) Really, the only catch seems to be that the insurance for each item only lasts a year, but you can potentially get a new one every week, so that's moot.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: