Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:59:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2240819 times)
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #2835 on: May 23, 2010, 09:11:13 AM

I can second that motion on Altitude. Reminds me of Subspace in a way. Mostly in the simple but complex gameplay.
Alot of action and fun for a 2d flying game.

They have a demo, so if there are any reservations about throwing 5$ at it, try that. It might as well be the full game, as far as gameplay experience goes.
You just get more nifty bits and perks with the full game. Well worth the money.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2836 on: May 24, 2010, 12:08:39 AM

Been playing some Uncharted. A bit of Red Dead, and too much Civ 4 Vanilla. And some Saints Row 2 co-op, though I fear we hit the wall last night, where my wife is simply noy going to be able to complete the last couple of missions...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2837 on: May 24, 2010, 06:58:08 AM

LotRO
FFXIII
3D Dot Heroes
Monster Hunter 3
Titan Quest: IT
Pokemon Soul Silver + Pokewalker
Bioshock 2

In that list, I am most embarrassed to admit that I am playing Bioshock 2.

EDIT: also Lego Star Wars, getting those red bricks.  I'm thinking Challenge Mode can go fuck itself.  Game needs trophies.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2838 on: May 24, 2010, 11:10:28 AM

Just finished Sam & Max 302. Really liked the structure of this one.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2839 on: May 24, 2010, 11:16:53 AM

I bought MoO2 from Gog.com last week and promptly lost three days of my life.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2840 on: May 24, 2010, 11:21:12 AM

RDR - It's fun.  People are going to gush, but it's just pretty good. 
SC2 beta (not a lot lately, b.net has some issues)
skate 3 (a little here and there)

-Rasix
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2841 on: May 24, 2010, 11:48:26 AM

Beat Magna Carta 2.  Still some of the worst dialog heard or read, but the game itself was pretty fun. 
Still working on Drakensang, but I'm closing in on the end finally.  At this rate, I should finally manage to beat it only like a year after the sequel finally gets localized.
Playing Afro Samurai, and man, this game is better than it has any right to be.  Cutting ninjas to pieces never gets old.
Started up Resonance of Fate finally.  So gloriously over complex.  Only finished the prologue so far though.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2842 on: May 24, 2010, 12:03:04 PM

Just got a new machine playing:

Bad Company 2 (with graphics turned up! Gorgerous)
Team Fortress 2
Dawn of War 2
Torchlight
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2843 on: May 24, 2010, 12:14:57 PM

Got started on Napoleon Total War. Its good enough to justify the 27 bucks on Steam. It is an improvement in some significant ways over Empire. It definately runs more smoothly. It seems to be a bit harder to win the historical campaigns than the default campaigns in empire.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2844 on: May 24, 2010, 12:38:26 PM

I'm in a gaming slump. 

I can't find anything to whole my attention.  Maybe I need to get a new PS3 game but I don't want to spend too much cash right now.

AOC is holding my appetite right now, but barely.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2845 on: May 24, 2010, 01:40:56 PM

Tried to go back and play some M2:TW mods. However, my brother has my physical copy of the game, while I re-bought it off of Steam at some point in the past when it was dirt cheap. I have a physical copy of the Kingdoms expansion too. The mods seem to require the expansion. However, 1 Steam + 1 DVD apparently doesn't play well together, especially when trying to also run a mod. Numerous tries later, I uninstalled everything and shelved the idea until I can get my copy back (see if that helps).

So I installed Torchlight and played that for a bit. Also reinstalled TF2, but haven't played it yet. Is there still an F13 server anywhere? Other than that, still allowing DarkWind to kick my genitals into goo (god that game is punitive), and play the occasional round or 2 of BC2 (waiting for the patch and maybe some new maps down the road).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2846 on: May 26, 2010, 05:16:32 PM

Started Super Mario Galaxy 2 just a couple hours ago.  Typical excellent quality.  One big thing to note is the expanded role of P2, if you have a sidekick like I do.  In addition to gathering and shooting star bits, and holding enemies, P2 has more power and is able to waggle weaker enemies into star bits.  Also, P2 can fetch 1UPs and coins.  Also Yoshi is not bad at all.  Only three stars so far.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2847 on: May 26, 2010, 05:49:17 PM

Picked up Blur today.  Mario Kart on crack.   If you are in the mood for a racing game with lots of havoc, this is a good choice.  Looks great, sounds great.  If you get it on PC, I suggest using an xbox 360 controller.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #2848 on: May 26, 2010, 07:30:06 PM

Just finished Sam & Max 302. Really liked the structure of this one.

I'm playing this right now, and I will admit that the structure is really, really clever.  And the humor has been solid.  Mole Girl: "You've entered my inner sanctum."  Max: "Ew."   And more metagags in the mockery of the commercial viability of adventure games, and sam at one point saying something like "Thank god he picked that up, his inventory was looking barren."  I had been thinking that for about an hour as I had only two things in my inventory.  Good stuff so far.

Otherwise as far as gaming goes, Altitude is pretty much the best damn little multiplayer game ever.  I'm obsessed in a bad way.  It's an excellent SC2 beta replacement.

I just fired up Majesty 2 so we'll see how that goes.
hanzou
Terracotta Army

Reply #2849 on: May 26, 2010, 09:56:40 PM

Just got the new Blue Dragon game for DS (Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadows) and have been grinding foozle all day.  So far, I am thoroughly hooked.

hi
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #2850 on: May 27, 2010, 12:09:20 PM

I just beat the last level on GemCraft: Chapter Zero.  It took like a year of casual play.  That's a pretty deep game for nothing.  If you like tower defense games, I highly recommend it.

AKA Gyoza
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #2851 on: May 30, 2010, 05:50:05 PM

Altitude is the best 5 dollars on gaming I have ever spent.  If you like competitive games and think that flying around a 2d space that looks like worms and shooting people sounds like fun, just go buy it on Steam right now.
Just wanted to reiterate this. Again. It's that fun. Although the level-based unlocks are annoying.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #2852 on: May 30, 2010, 06:03:02 PM

Picked up DoW 2+Chaos Rising during the Steam sale for $20 bucks.  Mostly, I've been playing skirmish vs the AI so far.  It seems much more micro intensive than the first and is very very pretty.   Overall, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it, but given my insane love of the first, it's probably not fair to expect the sequel to surpass it.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2853 on: May 31, 2010, 08:27:14 PM

RDR is still very much entertaining, but I played it minimally over the weekend to finally start Alan Wake. So far through chapter three and the game is really impressive. Of course it has a nice creepy atmosphere but the gameplay itself also holds up its end of the experience.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2854 on: May 31, 2010, 10:20:12 PM

Mostly RDR, though I took a little time to change up a couple of car liveries I'd made a few months ago in Forza 3 last week:

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2855 on: May 31, 2010, 10:38:05 PM

A lot of Age of Conan this weekend. My Khitai Assassin reached 20 last night.

I think I grok the basics now, though I'm still fuzzy on finer points. I've got five Feat points stored because I don't know where I should spend them yet. I also haven't spent a single coin, because I haven't yet seen a reason I should. For all I know, I might be seriously gimped somehow.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2856 on: May 31, 2010, 11:51:16 PM

You just left Tortage right?  You're fine.

B.net went buggy tonight and I was playing endless placement matches for a while.  Hard to learn a new race when a roll of the dice gets you an obvious plat/diamond player.

One base Terran is really annoying on a lot of maps.  Even the worst player can hold you off for a while.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:57:58 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #2857 on: May 31, 2010, 11:59:10 PM

Tried to go back and play some M2:TW mods. However, my brother has my physical copy of the game, while I re-bought it off of Steam at some point in the past when it was dirt cheap. I have a physical copy of the Kingdoms expansion too. The mods seem to require the expansion. However, 1 Steam + 1 DVD apparently doesn't play well together, especially when trying to also run a mod. Numerous tries later, I uninstalled everything and shelved the idea until I can get my copy back (see if that helps).

I've seen some f13 people play on a server called Necrophix. If you play on the east coast it has good pings.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2858 on: June 01, 2010, 01:03:34 AM

Mostly RDR, though I took a little time to change up a couple of car liveries I'd made a few months ago in Forza 3 last week:

Your stuff is awesome. I was tempted to buy Forza 3 a couple of weeks ago just to get your liveries. (it was cheap, and in a 2-for deal, but still, I don't actually enjoy Forza-style games and your stuff had me considering it... )

Playing a little bit of:
360:
Red Dead Redemption
Saints Row 2 co-op (almost finished it)
Lips co-op

PS3:
Uncharted
Resistance: Fall of Man

PC:
Nada

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #2859 on: June 01, 2010, 06:44:33 AM

Playing a little RDR here and there. Finished a Civ 4 game recently that I went in to purely with a goal of getting my first Cultural Victory (harder than expected).

And finally, I decided to try to get all the way through Dragon Age. Third time trying. With my third different character origin.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2860 on: June 01, 2010, 07:03:06 AM

Installed the steam version of Civ4, so started a Sheaim game of FFH2. Still doing a bit of GTA4, nice balance to Civ4. Poked into Dragon Age again for my evil elf wizard bent on the destruction of all humans, playing in 3d vision.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2861 on: June 01, 2010, 08:45:15 AM

Just started another game of Civ4-FFH2, also bought DoW2+xpack for $20 and beat the first campaign have played a few skirmishes as well. I'm mostly playing League of Legends for my multi-player and competitive fix and I have Bayonetta shelved because I want to farm halos but don't want to farm halos.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2862 on: June 01, 2010, 10:06:16 AM

Playing Star Wars Force Unleashed on PC.  Not sure why, as a gamer its a bad console port and as a Star Wars geek its a terrible story.  Also playing Fall from Heaven (the CIV4 mod) and enjoying it very much.

Playing LoL a bunch still and some BC2 when my net is working well.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2863 on: June 01, 2010, 12:22:40 PM

Been back on the Empire Total War kick lately - got three separate games going (two at home, 1 at work). Playing the Brits at work, the Polish and Spanish at home, though I gave up on the Spanish. They start in a really really bad position on the continent. Toss in some bouts of FIFA10 and Team Fortress 2. Some day I'll get back to Persona 3. I missed a night or two playing it and haven't been back yet as other things got me excited.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2864 on: June 01, 2010, 12:24:22 PM

Haemish, did you pick up Napoleon yet?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2865 on: June 01, 2010, 12:27:16 PM

Not yet. I'm itching for it, but the funds aren't there. It's probably best that I can't get it right now, as that gives them time to make patches to fix what we all know will be bugs galore. I will say that after having taken time off from Empire for a while, the last patch they did has seriously improved the gameplay. Nations will now invade by sea, the battle AI is a bit better, and the diplomacy has been improved so that you can actually manage to trade tech with other nations.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2866 on: June 01, 2010, 01:08:29 PM

Steam had it on special for a bit, but its back to regular price now. Its not really buggy, and it's an improvement in many ways over Empire. Slightly different feel to it, as a game. It feels less open ended, but at the same time, seems more manageable.

One thing about Napoleon's Campaign tho, is that you have to complete each campaign (Northern Italy, Egypt, Europe, Waterloo) within a 'historically accurate' time-frame and its murder to do. I have only manged the Northern Italy campaign, but only by essentially leaving a trail of wanton destruction and rebellions in my wake. If you try to do it with proper city management, you get bogged down and don't get to the end goal in time.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #2867 on: June 03, 2010, 11:36:30 AM

Been playing the new Sims 3 expansion. I am starting to wonder if they forgot what makes the Sims fun. Hint to Maxis: It's not micromanaging my retard sims through EVERY SECOND OF THEIR WORK DAY.

I had this problem with World Adventures too. It's all well and good to have me jump through various hoops to complete a THING, but when you make it so fiddly and pay-attention-to-one-Sim-to-the-exclusion-of-any-others it really takes AWAY from the game. I got to the point where I would only send one Sim in a family abroad at a time (wtf is that, that's STUPID) if I wanted them to actually build Visa Points, and in Ambitions I don't really see me being able to do more than one of the INVOLVED careers per household. And even that would be OK except I have to pay so much attention to the Real Job Sim when they're off the home-site (which will be most of their work day), that the rest of them get utterly ignored, which makes me wonder why I don't just play a series of hermits who have no one that loves them instead.

And even THAT would be OK, except the expansion packs are weighted so heavily towards whatever new bullshit they came up with (Visa Points, the new careers) that there's very little OTHERWISE new, so you can't even just figure "well, I'll ignore the parts I dislike" like you could in the various Sims 2 expansions (except for Pets, that one was hyperfocused).

To sum up: GRUMP

God Save the Horn Players
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2868 on: June 03, 2010, 03:17:58 PM

A bunch of SingStar games I bought for my wife from the UK arrived, so we've been playing those. Except I've got a lovely winter cough right now, so I can only join in for 1 or 2 songs.

We also got World Cup 2010 yesterday, we'll see if we can get to "mildly competent" over the next week as a co-op pair. If not, it's going back.
I never realised that they changed the "classic" FIFA/EA sport controls, so now all the buttons I've been used to using for the last 20-odd years are different. In our first game Australia got beaten by Malaysia 3-0, then Italy got beaten by Palestine in extra time 2-1. Even allowing for the fact that co-op is much harder, we're extraordinarily shit at this so far.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2869 on: June 04, 2010, 03:52:43 AM

Fucking workmen cut the data cable in our apartment, so without internet I'm rather limited in my gaming choices. I just finished Heavy Rain, and after coming to the conclusion that Killzone 2's single player campaign just doesn't cut it, my only choice was Gamestop and a used copy of Ass Creed 2.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: