Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:48:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2250198 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9870 on: January 18, 2015, 11:40:20 AM

Crypt of the Necrodancer is amazing.  I have the music stuck in my head.  Help.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9871 on: January 19, 2015, 02:22:03 AM

Anybody played Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance? I had a question about how to trigger a certain move.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #9872 on: January 19, 2015, 04:32:26 AM

Isn't Crypt one of those perpetually in early access type games?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9873 on: January 19, 2015, 07:09:43 AM

Anybody played Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance? I had a question about how to trigger a certain move.

I played it a bit when it first came out on PS3. Not sure I will be much help.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9874 on: January 19, 2015, 08:29:44 AM

Still Dragon Age MP, in which I have decided that Reaver is actually crappy in comparison to other classes.
Still Destiny, in which I completed Vault of Glass last night.  I seriously considered dropping after 2.5 hours but stuck it out and was rewarded for my 3.25 hours.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9875 on: January 19, 2015, 09:01:08 AM

Isn't Crypt one of those perpetually in early access type games?

According to the disclaimer on the title screen, yes, but it feels pretty finished to me.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9876 on: January 19, 2015, 09:06:46 AM

It's far enough along that it was a speed run in AGDQ.  You don't see a lot of early access featured there.

edit:

As for what I'm actually playing: Warframe.  This game does not work at all solo, but is pretty fun in a group.  And hey, it's free.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:19:05 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9877 on: January 19, 2015, 11:35:13 AM

It's a roguelike, roguelikes are never done even when they're done.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9878 on: January 19, 2015, 01:49:23 PM

I played it a bit when it first came out on PS3. Not sure I will be much help.
Alright, we'll give it a shot. I have a two part question about this move:

As in, first, how do you trigger it? In the screen above it was triggered I think by a parry (I'm doing parry tutorial) but it also seems to trigger when in blade mode? Like this sequence:

Hacking away in blade mode:

And then this pops up:

The next part of the question is that once I'm in this mode, when fighting this Gear boss, sometimes I would start moving (like above) and then jump up:

Other times though I would just stand there like an idiot in slow motion mode with nothing to swing at. And one time I actually did two in a row. First sequence was on the ground slicing away in slo-mo and then it triggered again and he jumped up and let me slice in slo-mo again.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9879 on: January 19, 2015, 02:39:41 PM

I have literally no idea, sorry. It's been almost two years since I've played it.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9880 on: January 19, 2015, 02:46:22 PM

No worries.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #9881 on: January 19, 2015, 07:42:53 PM

I've been playing Destiny again, along with some FFXIV until I inevitably get bored of it.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #9882 on: January 19, 2015, 11:12:47 PM

As in, first, how do you trigger it? In the screen above it was triggered I think by a parry (I'm doing parry tutorial) but it also seems to trigger when in blade mode? Like this sequence:

I think for many basic enemies you can trigger it by a single perfectly timed parry. For the bigger guys I got the feeling that you're filling up a hidden "stun gauge" or something like it with every parry. Or maybe my parrying is just too crap for it to reliably trigger for them.

Also, for some types like bosses there are fixed triggers based on HP and such. I think that's what happens while already inside blade mode. I can't remember that happening for normal enemies.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #9883 on: January 20, 2015, 01:12:01 AM

I recently put everything else on hold -except for SMITE- to play The Cat Lady. Unexpected, intense, great.

Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #9884 on: January 21, 2015, 06:26:30 PM

There's really not much to it. When certain conditions are met, that giant kanji symbol will appear; meaning you can use blade mode to trigger an enemy specific action.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9885 on: January 21, 2015, 06:52:02 PM

And what are those conditions?
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9886 on: January 22, 2015, 03:28:07 PM

So I'm playing Assault on Dragon Keep and two hours in...it's not that funny.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9887 on: January 22, 2015, 03:33:08 PM

Finished up HuniePop, now I'm trying to finish Nep Nep before Rebirth 2 comes out this Tuesday.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #9888 on: January 22, 2015, 09:24:01 PM

Current state of mind:

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #9889 on: January 23, 2015, 04:29:44 AM

I've been playing Super Metroid on the WiiU Virtual Console. It's a bit sad that it's still probably the best 2D Metroid-style game.

I don't like the controls very much although they are much more manageable the second time around. Wall jumping and indeed most of the intermediate mopves are pretty tough to pull of because Super Metroid expects 100% precise inputs at the precise time. I don't know if the original SNES ersion is the same or if it's just a virtual console issue.

I like the genre if it isn't too much in the direction of Castlevania. Guacamelee and Shadow Complex can't hold a candle to Super Metroid though.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #9890 on: January 23, 2015, 04:45:27 AM

Infinifactory is so goddamn good. 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/300570/

If you enjoyed SpaceChem, just hit the buy now button, you won't be disappointed.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #9891 on: January 23, 2015, 08:13:37 AM

And what are those conditions?

Depends, for many normal enemies it's just doing well enough, IE doing enough damage quickly without getting hit while your zandatsu meter is full. Some tough enemies can be made a lot easier if you don't let them hit you, abstain from using zandatsu too early and hit them enough. You'll see what I mean when you get to fight the giant UGs in the second level.

For bosses, the conditions are looser since you kind of need to go into QTE mode to progress the fight, so in the case for bosses it's just doing a certain amount of damage.

Stick with it, once the game clicks it feels really great, and the game's endgame payoff is something you really shouldnt spoil for yourself.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9892 on: January 23, 2015, 04:34:00 PM

Thanks. I got the strategy guide and it's vague about this as well Ohhhhh, I see.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9893 on: January 23, 2015, 04:35:25 PM

Infinifactory is so goddamn good. 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/300570/

If you enjoyed SpaceChem, just hit the buy now button, you won't be disappointed.
Thanks for the tip. That does look fun.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #9894 on: January 24, 2015, 01:29:45 PM

My goal is to beat Quinton's score in these puzzle games :)
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #9895 on: January 24, 2015, 04:42:35 PM

I finished all the puzzles in the main campaign last night (too late for a cool first 100 patch!), and today I started replaying them and optimizing (some of my initial solutions are godawful from an efficiency standpoint).

As an example, here's my first attempt at "Shuttle Maintenance" (spoilers if you consider a hilariously non-optimal approach to solving a problem a spoiler -- I advise against doing it the way I did because it suuuucks):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YmyZMk6P_8

Do friend me on Steam if you're InfiniFactory-ing -- more people I know on the histograms is awesome.

One fun thing about the histograms is that fewest cycles and smallest footprint are often not achievable in the same solution.  I prefer that my designs are capable of running at MAX output rate, but plenty of them do not survive that yet...

edit: less embarrassing "Shuttle Maintenance":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It6ig928Ssc
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:10:53 PM by Quinton »
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #9896 on: January 25, 2015, 09:42:55 AM

Here's my shuttle which slightly inches out yours. It can't do max (there doesn't seem to be enough rocket parts to create without delaying the line). Unless you only have to destroy the front and back and can leave the middle intact, which I may test just to see.

I don't like my quick and dirty solution for "splitting" a conveyor; I'm sure there's a good technique that I'll be able to steal.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #9897 on: January 25, 2015, 04:53:02 PM

I suspect moving the engines faster probably involves being tricky with rotators...

My second solution runs at MAX but I'm forced to delay the shuttles until the engines are ready, which burns precious cycles.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #9898 on: January 30, 2015, 11:43:15 PM

Okay, Darkest Dungeon is out on early access for backers and it is really good if not incredibly fucking mean.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #9899 on: January 31, 2015, 11:27:38 AM

I meant to back that and forgot. Whoops.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #9900 on: January 31, 2015, 11:38:42 AM

It's really good; there's a lot of little nuances the game doesn't explain (like for example, anything you buy for a dungeon run disappears after the run and you don't get it back. So massively overstocking is a waste) and considering it's designed to be mean the RNG can be infuriating.

Like, you can be having a perfect run up to the last room in an area, then have the RNG literally destroy your run in 3-4 rounds on an otherwise mundane group of enemies. Like your characters at least starting out only have 18-30ish HP at most; there's brigand gunner enemies that're common and they have an AOE attack that hits your whole group. Well on a crit it can do like 8-10 damage to everyone. You could roll into the last fight in an area with full HP and a good setup, and have one real bad round reduce your whole party to nearly dead.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #9901 on: January 31, 2015, 02:32:58 PM

Bought Metroid Prime Trilogy for the WiiU. Didn't realize that it's just the Wii version with no additional work put into whatsoever. Am now angry that they ruined a pretty amazing game series by giving it Wii style wiggle controls.

Probably won't ever play that version ever again. Time to break out my GameCube instead.
Job601
Terracotta Army

Reply #9902 on: January 31, 2015, 07:25:00 PM

Bought Metroid Prime Trilogy for the WiiU. Didn't realize that it's just the Wii version with no additional work put into whatsoever. Am now angry that they ruined a pretty amazing game series by giving it Wii style wiggle controls.

Probably won't ever play that version ever again. Time to break out my GameCube instead.

Metroid Prime Trilogy doesn't have "wiggle" controls, it has pc style fps controls with the wii remote and nunchuk.  It's by far the superior control system.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #9903 on: January 31, 2015, 08:30:54 PM

What he said.

The Wii Remote has two entirely different sets of functions:

1. Aiming, which is done via the IR bar
2. Waggling, which is done via accelerometers

Wagging is imprecise and doesn't map well to real-world actions. It works in a few games, but generally yeah, it's waggling.

Aiming is precise - it maps directly to aiming and is faster / more accurate than a controller. RE4 for Wii is the best RE4 for that reason (it does use waggling for the knife, but that works fine, as knifing requires zero precision). Prime Wii is also better than the GC version for the same reason.

These are games about aiming - why would you be upset that they use an aiming device?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #9904 on: January 31, 2015, 09:08:39 PM

Darkest Dungeon will be generally available on early access on the 3rd (sounds like for $20), so those that didn't get in on it on Kickstarter can join in now.

They expect to be on early access for about six months, adding in more character classes, dungeons, the final dungeon and endgame while balancing and bugfixing.  Things are definitely a bit rough (have seen reports of various bugs, had the game crash on me a few times, etc), but it looks fantastic and is fun, if completely brutal.

Some screen grabs:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/-Quinton-/screenshots/?appid=262060&sort=oldestfirst

I'm having fun poking at it, but it's definitely not done yet.  This'll be one I'll be checking back on every now and again until they hit 1.0 or feature complete and stable before dumping a ton of time into it.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: