Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:15:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2250717 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #7455 on: June 18, 2013, 01:30:22 PM

Mighty Quest for Epic Loot is shit.

Who asked for a company to make Diabloville?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7456 on: June 18, 2013, 01:43:10 PM

Your former employer most likely.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
schild
Administrator

Reply #7457 on: June 18, 2013, 01:56:34 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #7458 on: June 18, 2013, 03:20:05 PM

Look at what you did.  You made Schild flip all the things.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7459 on: June 18, 2013, 03:34:03 PM

New Leaf and misc 3DS nonsense.  Do we need a Friend Code thread?
Yea.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #7460 on: June 18, 2013, 03:48:41 PM

You'll pry my apples from my cold dead hands!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7461 on: June 18, 2013, 04:58:59 PM

Hah!  Had I donated $50 I would have just earned another possible grief title.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7462 on: June 19, 2013, 05:36:12 AM

That's not how it works. awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7463 on: June 19, 2013, 06:02:05 AM

Yeah, I know.  I'm sure he'd find something less likable by digging through all my posts.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7464 on: June 19, 2013, 07:31:50 AM

Yeah, I know.  I'm sure he'd find something less likable by digging through all my posts.
I read that quickly and  ACK!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7465 on: June 19, 2013, 09:32:37 AM

My most recent Dwarf Fortress expedition is going down in flames quite spectacularly.  I've gone from near 100 population down to 12.  Just got some migrants though.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #7466 on: June 19, 2013, 11:52:37 AM

Ploughing through some indie games I had sitting in Steam before the Civ5 xpac comes and takes away my life.

Mark of the Ninja was so fantastic.

Playing Hotline: Miami and it's also extremely enjoyable.

I just wish Hotline had the friends list High Score comparison like Mark of the Ninja so I could see how much better Bhodi is at gaming than me.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7467 on: June 19, 2013, 12:36:03 PM

Finally bought Mass Effect 3 on sale this weekend. Started a game, had to go through hoops just to get the goddamn save file from ME2 in the right place for the import. Fuck you, EA and Bioware for not even bothering to include any goddamn instructions on how to do this with the goddamn game. Something is very very off with the graphics. ME1 with its faux film grain looked better. The characters in this one just look TOO hi-def, too well-defined and bright. Uncanny valley effect maybe.

Played until I got to Mars, then decided I'd try to push through Arkham City before I touch this again. Finally found a sweet spot where performance on my machine isn't total shit and it still looks great. The map is kind of useless but it does scratch my Batman itch. There may actually be TOO much to do in the game. I started a Riddler side mission, was given a point on the map to go to for rescuing a hostage and yet there doesn't appear to be shit there. Goddamn Riddler.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #7468 on: June 19, 2013, 09:05:12 PM

haemish just play online co op for me3 before the community dies out. undecided

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #7469 on: June 20, 2013, 07:26:57 AM

Been playing Neverwinter, but I'm burning out on that. Between the long queue times and the high failure rate of queue groups at the end boss it's just becoming too frustrating.

Trying to finish up my last storyline in Swtor, but it's slow going. Game's been making me fall asleep. At least I'm not staying up too late.

Started Portal 2 and been enjoying it so far.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7470 on: June 20, 2013, 09:18:28 AM

I do not play Mass Effect (or Bioware for that matter) games for community or multiplayer.

Rasix

Reply #7471 on: June 20, 2013, 09:32:26 AM

The ME3 multiplayer was pretty decent.  I had a lot of fun with it.

-Rasix
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #7472 on: June 20, 2013, 10:33:37 AM

Playing the multiplayer is also the easiest way to get your War Readiness number high enough to get all of the options at the end of the game. Be warned though that the damned number will decay back to 50 after a couple of days.
Rasix

Reply #7473 on: June 20, 2013, 03:17:03 PM

Well, that ended somewhat like I expected.

-Rasix
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #7474 on: June 20, 2013, 04:42:20 PM

I do not play Mass Effect (or Bioware for that matter) games for community or multiplayer.

You're missing out on what is arguably the best part of the game then.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #7475 on: June 20, 2013, 05:29:09 PM

Not sure it's the best part, but it's certainly an equal part. Haemish, I was much against the multiplayer in ME3 at first, almost through the whole thing. I only tried it because once I heard they caved on the ending and announced the DLC, I had no interest in finishing the campaign but still had interest in playing.

It really is hella fun. I was mostly reminded of L4D, but with tighter environments and a broader array of enemy types. I was never really good enough for the Gold level, but I made plenty ample progress just on Bronze and occasionally Silver.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7476 on: June 21, 2013, 01:47:01 AM

You're missing out. It's fantastic.

Playing the multiplayer is also the easiest way to get your War Readiness number high enough to get all of the options at the end of the game. Be warned though that the damned number will decay back to 50 after a couple of days.

Actually, no, totally unnecessary now, but still loads of fun.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 01:48:35 AM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #7477 on: June 21, 2013, 03:33:02 AM

I play X-Com on my iPad. 2k released the game yesterday.

It's a pretty good port that has all of the features of the PC or console. They had to scale down the graphics a bit (less effects, lower res textures) but the rest of the game is basically the same as the PC or console version.

Control scheme is decent although you need two taps/steps more than you'd need on the console or PC to prevent accidentally executing orders.

For example on consoles you'd move the cursor with the stick and execute orders with buttons. On the iPad you tap to place cursor and tap to give orders so you have an additional step to execute a move (tap for destination and then tap move) or an order (select order then tap execute)

It's OK and it doesn't feel clunky, I'm positive that it could have been streamlined a bit though.

The multiplayer is missing but will be released later on free of charge.

The game itself is XCom as we already know it with the same missions and base building, they included all of the voice overs and videos/cut scenes which brings the game to more than 4 GB on the iPad. It's also a universal version so it should also work on the iPhone, I haven't tested how good it handles on an iPhone.

A few annoyances: most cut scenes can't be skipped which is a major annoyance during the tutorial, voice overs can't be skipped which is equally annoying and you only have 5 slots for saves you can use iCloud saves though.

The game is priced at $18, which seems high but I'm OK with it since I basically get a full featured AAA title that has all of the features of the desktop and console versions.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7478 on: June 21, 2013, 05:10:53 AM

In defense of Haemish, I played ME3 initially as multiplayer and found the solo game to be much more engaging.  The multiplayer component is really only enjoyable when shared with friends. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #7479 on: June 21, 2013, 06:35:16 AM

I heard somewhere that if you had some of the DLC you could easily get your score high enough to not need more than 50% war readiness but I figured that Haemish probably hasn't got any of the stuff yet.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #7480 on: June 21, 2013, 06:53:24 AM

Or pick up Aliens vs Humans for 2.99 and play the original Xcom on your Ipad. The interface is somewhat clunky though.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7481 on: June 21, 2013, 08:32:15 AM

I heard somewhere that if you had some of the DLC you could easily get your score high enough to not need more than 50% war readiness but I figured that Haemish probably hasn't got any of the stuff yet.

I don't expect I'll pay any money for the DLC. I felt dirty enough paying EA for this, and the only reason I bought it was the discount (only $9.99) and a sense of completeness - plus I really want to see if the Internet's opinion on the horridness of the ending is valid (and no, I don't know what the ending is yet - I've somehow managed to not get it spoiled for me).

The multiplayer I haven't even considered playing. I just have so much other stuff to play I don't want to spend time on it that I could be spending playing other games.

I'm taking another burnout week off of LOL so I figured I'd boot up Metro 2033 at lunch yesterday. WTF? I get that they are trying to tell me a story but I think out of 45 minutes of gameplay, I ended up actually playing maybe 5-10 minutes.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7482 on: June 21, 2013, 09:10:44 AM

I enjoyed ME3 multiplayer quite a bit and I normally hate that kind of thing with randoms.

I should go back and finish teh single player some day.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7483 on: June 21, 2013, 11:20:42 AM

I don't expect I'll pay any money for the DLC. I felt dirty enough paying EA for this, and the only reason I bought it was the discount (only $9.99) and a sense of completeness - plus I really want to see if the Internet's opinion on the horridness of the ending is valid (and no, I don't know what the ending is yet - I've somehow managed to not get it spoiled for me).

The multiplayer I haven't even considered playing. I just have so much other stuff to play I don't want to spend time on it that I could be spending playing other games.

I'm taking another burnout week off of LOL so I figured I'd boot up Metro 2033 at lunch yesterday. WTF? I get that they are trying to tell me a story but I think out of 45 minutes of gameplay, I ended up actually playing maybe 5-10 minutes.

If you liked the first two games and the characters in general, you really should get at least the Citadel DLC. Tell me you at least installed the free ending-fix DLC?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7484 on: June 21, 2013, 11:52:18 AM

Tell me you at least installed the free ending-fix DLC?

Oh yeah. It was free after all.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #7485 on: June 21, 2013, 11:53:55 AM

Me neither, but this is an exception. It really was very well done with absolute minimal annoyances that usually comes with multiplayer games with strangers.

In defense of Haemish, I played ME3 initially as multiplayer and found the solo game to be much more engaging.  The multiplayer component is really only enjoyable when shared with friends. 

In defense of fun things, Nebu hates everything which means that this could be translated to be the most praise Nebu has given, while not talking about DAoC, that I have seen why so serious?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7486 on: June 21, 2013, 01:42:38 PM

Path of Exile.  Hadn't played it since April and the improvements in the visuals are very noticeable.  Melee doesn't suck anymore, at least from my experience with my tanky-tank marauder.  Also took advantage of the full respec to eliminate some chaff in my necro-witch.

Gran Turismo 5.  Now that I know 6 is coming out, I need to figure out if I should buy a wheel or not.  Of course, I've procrastinated this long.
The Red Bull X2011 is really just unfair.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7487 on: June 21, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

When they added the free "sorry we fucked the ending" DLC, they also lowered the various thresholds for the various endings. If you're loading from a ME2 save, odds are pretty good you don't need to do a thing to raise your readiness in order to get All The Options (I assume a ME2 save where EVERYONE IS DEEEEEEAD might need some help).

God Save the Horn Players
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #7488 on: June 23, 2013, 07:47:07 AM

Well, that ended somewhat like I expected.

How anyone can get past the horrible graphics of Dwarven Fortress to play it is beyond me. I suppose that might be the point; to keep out the riff raff?

Any good DF type games only with a decent interface on the horizon?
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #7489 on: June 23, 2013, 08:14:56 AM

There are a bunch of  DF-inspired games, in various stages of development, but most of them don't seem to capture the insane richness of the DF experience yet.  And, sadly, often the UI is still rather wonky (Gnomoria selection UI and menus, I'm looking at you).
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: