Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:26:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2250500 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6860 on: March 11, 2013, 01:01:00 PM

Back to Pokemon: Soul Silver, trying to level some water types so I can get past some fire types.  For once, I wasn't OCD enough for a game.  Sheesh.

A little Path of Exile, a little Dark Souls.

Started Devil May Cry 4 this past weekend.  You can really smell the 2008-era Cell programming.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6861 on: March 11, 2013, 03:02:22 PM

Some Path of Exile (bit less since I got into cruel~ I'm kinda grinding for skill gems at this point before trying a ranged build), XCOM since adding the toolbox mod seems to have unlocked a shitload of maps I never ever got before, Torchlight 2 a bit, little SWTOR actually.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6862 on: March 13, 2013, 07:56:17 AM

I'm still playing The Secret World.  I've become obsessed with their quests.  I really didn't think I'd play MMORPG type games again.  Maybe it's the chainsaw.  I've got a beta key for that Defiance game.  It might be an MMO but there's no RPG to cause me to lose my will to live.  Also, tossing in some console fighting games and FPS'.  Would still be trying to play Far Cry 3 if my nephew hadn't nicked it.  My biggest problem is I don't play long enough to get much done... the mind, she wanders.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6863 on: March 13, 2013, 08:44:22 AM

I like the Secret World- it deserves continued existence but I'm kinda bumbling through it since I don't really get the mechanics. It feels weird after playing stuff like WoW/Rift/SWTOR, so I struggle to ditch that mindset when playing it.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6864 on: March 13, 2013, 09:34:26 AM

Hopping on the MW:O and WoT when I have time for games.  I like the quick in and out nature of matches.  If I get a long stretch I'll hop on ST:O and do a mission or two.  I'm nearly the 3rd Commander grade (L22) but that only seems to be Saturday and Sunday mornings of late.

Been thinking of playing another Civ5 or Xcom campaign, but I just don't have the time to dedicate to it.   

I'm beginning to think I'm just done with games in general.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6865 on: March 13, 2013, 09:42:35 AM

Minecraft has got me at last.

Run.

Save yourself.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6866 on: March 13, 2013, 10:19:04 AM

Been thinking of playing another Civ5 or Xcom campaign, but I just don't have the time to dedicate to it.

If you actually do somehow decide to do a new X-Com game, hold off for a while, since a very major (and long overdue) bugfix patch is in the works.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6867 on: March 13, 2013, 10:29:45 AM

Good to know.  My base is likely to die from poor planning, so I will postpone any restart until the patch.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6868 on: March 15, 2013, 09:18:21 PM

Dwarf Fortress is starting to call to me again...

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6869 on: March 16, 2013, 07:53:25 AM

Me, too.  I'm trying to resist the pull, but I know I'll give in sooner or later.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6870 on: March 16, 2013, 04:38:40 PM

And when you do give in, you're going to chronicle your exploits for the rest of us (who cannot figure the game out) to read, right?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #6871 on: March 16, 2013, 04:55:24 PM

Hopefully.  I, too, cannot play this game.  Even the cobbled together graphical mod never works and ascii gives me hives.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6872 on: March 16, 2013, 06:01:52 PM

Perhaps those for whom Dwarf Fortress is too TOO, Gnomoria would be of interest? It's still in alpha, but gets updated all the time, etc. I've heard nice things about it, although I haven't played it myself because I know it would eat my very soul and I want to wait for a few more systems to get ironed out before I allow that to happen. :P

God Save the Horn Players
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #6873 on: March 16, 2013, 08:04:14 PM

Wait, I have it upon good authority that you do not, in fact, have a soul to begin with.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #6874 on: March 16, 2013, 08:22:27 PM

I want to love Dwarf Fortress. But it turns out I simply can't seem to make the mental jump to "get" it in the "play" style.

I get the whole "i'll get to the GUI when the game is finished" part, but the lack of a decent interface just shitcans my ability to play it. Tiles, ascii, doesn't matter. It's just a vast mat of confusing.

OTOH, perhaps EA should have just licensed his engine and tossed a front end on it. :) Would have worked better than Sim City.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6875 on: March 17, 2013, 12:30:10 AM

I played a whole lot of Last Remnant this week after picking it up for like 3 euros on a sale. Pretty interesting combat system, though the story (and the protagonist) is kinda facepalm-worthy.

e: after doing a search on the f13 forums about this game, I wonder if I should apply for membership in the Yegolev&Ard Game Club.  why so serious?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 01:06:03 AM by Zetor »

Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #6876 on: March 17, 2013, 04:31:09 AM

I love Last Remnant. One of the few JRPGs I've actually enjoyed and completed, and that's entirely due to the battle system and optional content which is top notch.

Funny really - when I look at the JRPGs I've completed, (Baiten Kaitos, Last Remnant, Ff13 + ff132, Xenoblade), its almost entirely the Attlee system that carries the game. Only Baiten Kaitos had a good storyline to go with its system, and Xenoblades battle system wasn't actually that amazing but the world design was so spectacular it was compelling.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #6877 on: March 17, 2013, 05:38:41 AM

I love Last Remnant. One of the few JRPGs I've actually enjoyed and completed, and that's entirely due to the battle system and optional content which is top notch.

Funny really - when I look at the JRPGs I've completed, (Baiten Kaitos, Last Remnant, Ff13 + ff132, Xenoblade), its almost entirely the Attlee system that carries the game. Only Baiten Kaitos had a good storyline to go with its system, and Xenoblades battle system wasn't actually that amazing but the world design was so spectacular it was compelling.

I kind of liked Last Remnant but never went beyond the demo due to the buggy software (mostly not being able to use wireless xbox controiller when I have n52te installed  which only happened with Last Remnant swamp poop )
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #6878 on: March 17, 2013, 12:25:55 PM

I played a whole lot of Last Remnant this week after picking it up for like 3 euros on a sale. Pretty interesting combat system, though the story (and the protagonist) is kinda facepalm-worthy.

e: after doing a search on the f13 forums about this game, I wonder if I should apply for membership in the Yegolev&Ard Game Club.  why so serious?

The story honestly never gets much better, but some of the supporting characters are worth playing the game for, in my opinion.  I've talked this game to death anyhow already, and my opinions are suspect at best.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #6879 on: March 17, 2013, 06:37:36 PM

Godhand. Feels like the best 10 bucks I've spent in awhile.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6880 on: March 17, 2013, 08:38:24 PM

Ahh, stop talking about Dwarf Fortress.  I'll waste at least 2 evenings of my time and that's even if I just say "nah" after getting it working like I want.

I need to start playing something again after this vacation.  I was actually pondering playing WoW on my ride home from the grocery store.  That's not good.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6881 on: March 17, 2013, 09:08:02 PM

SWTOR is doing double XP weekends til Makeb comes out.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6882 on: March 18, 2013, 04:37:04 AM

Yeah, I noticed that.  Alas, due to Elena having a minecraft addiction, I didn't get to play it much.  On the upside, diamonds.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6883 on: March 18, 2013, 06:12:19 AM

I'm partway to organizing a club for parents whose children won't get off Minecraft.

Dishonored, Borderlands2.  Small progress in both.  I now have 43 golden keys in BL2.

Pokemon Soul Silver, and I decided I finally needed to look up some information.  I determined that I need to get my dunsparce out of daycare, if I can find the daycare again.  I also determined that there is a lot I don't understand about this game.

I've learned where Tyler Perry's house is.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6884 on: March 18, 2013, 06:20:47 AM

It's worse than that mate :  She likes watching, so she won't let ME stop playing.

I swear to God, I dreamed bricks last night.  Bricks, blocks and magma.

Sigh.  Don't ever breed, chaps, it ruins your life.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6885 on: March 18, 2013, 06:35:51 AM

When I set up a LAN Minecraft with my 12-year old, she spends most of the game bossing me around. "Don't do that, Dad!" "Don't you know you can do that, Dad?" "No, this is the best way to excavate for diamonds, Dad!" Thank god she doesn't like to fiddle with redstone circuitry or I'd be proper fucked.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6886 on: March 18, 2013, 06:56:51 AM

It's worse than that mate :  She likes watching, so she won't let ME stop playing.

I swear to God, I dreamed bricks last night.  Bricks, blocks and magma.

Sigh.  Don't ever breed, chaps, it ruins your life.

This is not an isolated phenomenon.  Is she playing on multiple devices?  My son has a friend that runs a MC server, and he's constantly asking me to install mods for him on his laptop, as well as occasionally claiming the big TV so he can play on Xbox.  I think he might have gotten it on my wife's iPhone.  It's an epidemic.

It could be worse I suppose.  Yesterday I was forced into playing co-op Pikmin 2.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #6887 on: March 18, 2013, 08:41:47 AM

Picked up Farcry 3 and played some of it over the weekend. I really need to quit buying games until I finish one.

Farcry is pretty great so far - have absolutely no interest in the story, instead spent most of my time hunting animals to craft so I could carry more guns and stuff and then I discovered jeeps and Pirates attempting to blockade me and spent too much time on island drag races.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6888 on: March 18, 2013, 08:46:30 AM

I started playing Bioshock since I bought it in the winter sale.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #6889 on: March 18, 2013, 09:33:02 AM

Gnomoria took over my life for the past week.

I urge you not to play it. Don't! I mean just look at my fortress:

And my workshop level

And my great hall to attract more gnomads
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:38:17 AM by bhodi »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6890 on: March 18, 2013, 09:42:54 AM

Um, what's that ?

It looks like a good DF.  Is it a good DF ?

What has he got in his pocketses precious ?

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #6891 on: March 18, 2013, 09:52:52 AM

Um, what's that ?

It looks like a good DF.  Is it a good DF ?

What has he got in his pocketses precious ?

Let me help you there.

Isometric graphical game in the vein of DF and Towns, currently in early alpha, with more emphasis on playability and interface than either of those two. I've been keeping a wary eye on it.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6892 on: March 18, 2013, 09:53:51 AM

*strokes chin*

Reaaalllly.....

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6893 on: March 18, 2013, 10:13:13 AM

Looks ugly and I hate gnomes.  Maybe it's because I've worked for it so long I no longer see the code.  There's a cat.  There's a dwarf.  That's a legendary item...

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6894 on: March 18, 2013, 10:18:50 AM

I've found I can't play Last Remnant for more than an hour or so at a time, now. I usually find a rare spawn that proceeds to one-shot my team with cachexia (or whatever). But since it's a rare spawn, I should be killing it for phat loots or it'll disappear forever! Hnnng.

I've also been playing some WOW, but LFR once a week probably doesn't count as anything worthwhile. Have been successfully resisting the urge to buy SC2 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo: The Monetization.

fake edit:
I hate gnomes.
Mob Go gnome or go home.

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: