Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 06:05:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Advice plz -- Reliable Mac Email Client 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Advice plz -- Reliable Mac Email Client  (Read 9408 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 09:38:34 AM

What does CTRL-click give me that "open $url" (or curl) does not?
That's kind of missing the point. The CTRL-click is for when you, say, less a README or INSTALL file and there's a link in there and you just click on it instead of having to select it, go to a prompt, and type "open <middle mouse button> <return>".
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 09:56:29 AM

What does CTRL-click give me that "open $url" (or curl) does not?
That's kind of missing the point. The CTRL-click is for when you, say, less a README or INSTALL file and there's a link in there and you just click on it instead of having to select it, go to a prompt, and type "open <middle mouse button> <return>".

OK. But I just tested and I can highlight, right click and "open url" too. Yeah, not as concise as CTRL-click but for as often as I need to do that, not that big a deal…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 04, 2009, 02:13:07 PM

Just because you don't want the best doesn't mean the rest of us don't!
 awesome, for real

- Viin
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Advice plz -- Reliable Mac Email Client  
Jump to: