Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 11:56:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 721582 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3255 on: February 12, 2013, 09:33:37 AM

They have been testing out some render distance stuff on a few of the servers. Someone made a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKRW08F6Fp4&feature=player_embedded

This is in reference to Actors, not terrain.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #3256 on: February 12, 2013, 09:46:09 AM

How often do they do double or triple cash rewards?  Then again, I should wait till they actually change it so that if you buy something you get it for all three factions (like posted on the road map).

I'm yelling at my local Wal Mart anyway, they never have the $15 =2000 station cash cards in.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3257 on: February 12, 2013, 09:48:47 AM

They have only done it two times so far. As for cross account unlocks, you will be fine is you stick to one toon, they have said account level stuff will be retroactive. So what ever you buy now, on one toon, you will eventually have an all appropriate ones when it goes in. Just avoid buying the same things on two toons, that may get messy.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:50:37 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3258 on: February 12, 2013, 09:56:52 AM

So I assume that means things like common vehicle enhancements like Skyguard and HE Lightning turrets that I bought for my NC toon will eventually be available on my TR toon?

I have never played WoW.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3259 on: February 12, 2013, 09:59:08 AM

Yep. Or Equivalent, I suppose ( Factional stuff ).  

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

Reply #3260 on: February 12, 2013, 11:08:16 AM

Yeah my account will be a mess, I used 3 of the gamestop cards so I have like three of those guns, plus I bought one before I bought the cards...ugh.

I've been concentrating on my engineer on NC lately, so I'm unlocking things for him. The last level of repair wasn't that impressive, (not like the last medic revive/heal that is sweet!!). How about the unlocks for HA? I bought the vehicle and air rocket launchers, so hopefully those will transfer over, along with the max stuff.

Oh there is nothing sweeter than running up to a deployed Sunderer, dropping 2 anti-tank mines on it, running away and seeing the kill come up for the Sunderer and some people deploying from it  Grin  Sticky grenades don't seem to be working right yet. Another thing that kinda sucks is that you can't have all three things that you spec for out. I like that I can deploy my turret as a decoy or maybe use it, deploy my ammo pack, and drop some mines. I have heard I can drop 2 anti-tank mines, go to a terminal and change to anti-personal, deploy them, then go back to the terminal and get the C-4.  I kinda wish we had the old planetside 1 ACE system engineer's had...but then all i carried was a "glue gun" and drove a lot.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3261 on: February 12, 2013, 12:50:21 PM

Y How about the unlocks for HA?

There are key questions you need to answer about how you like to play.  Do you tend to engage up close, or open field?  Do you use a hip fire weapon or prefer a using your sights?  Your gun can only have one feature of each cert category at a time.  That means if you want the forward grip to reduce horizontal recoil, nothing else in that cert group is useful to you.  Vertical recoil reduction requires the compressor, but that reduces hip firing accuracy so which do you want more?  I find the cert trees quite well done as they do make you choose how you want your gun to perform. 

I personally am a huge fan of the HA shotguns since they have almost no recoil and they don't require sight certs.  Grab the larger magazine and the slugs (if you want) and you have a gun that will kill any infantry in 3 shots within about 10m and 5 shots out to 15m.  The only issue I ever have with them is running low on ammo (26) but I have never actually run out before finding an ammo pack.

I have never played WoW.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #3262 on: February 12, 2013, 01:19:14 PM

I personally am a huge fan of the HA shotguns since they have almost no recoil and they don't require sight certs.  Grab the larger magazine and the slugs (if you want) and you have a gun that will kill any infantry in 3 shots within about 10m and 5 shots out to 15m.  The only issue I ever have with them is running low on ammo (26) but I have never actually run out before finding an ammo pack.

I was with you on this save for the HA. LA all the way with shotties. Adren Amp to close the gap and let loose. Not that HA is bad with the shotguns... but IMHO, a shotty is used for hit and run and HA is about rush and hold - you can do the rushing part, but holding is better done with a LMG.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3263 on: February 12, 2013, 01:41:48 PM

I have to agree to a large extent.  I run with my Jackhammer only in outfit squads with other HA doing ops.  In open terrain I am usually Engineer or using NC6 Gauss which is a an unruly beast before some solid cert investments.

I have never played WoW.
Terracotta Army

Reply #3264 on: February 12, 2013, 03:10:17 PM

I have to agree to a large extent.  I run with my Jackhammer only in outfit squads with other HA doing ops.  In open terrain I am usually Engineer or using NC6 Gauss which is a an unruly beast before some solid cert investments.

If you dump certs into the SAW, that gun becomes unholy. I finally got the compressor and both front grips on it and it does unspeakable things.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3265 on: February 13, 2013, 07:30:10 AM

Quote from: Hotfix 02.13.2013
Players may note the following changes:

· Alpha Squad boosts were regranted with full six months and extra bonus to resources and experience. All Alpha Squad players must re-equip the new boost.
· Depot – New Mana Anti-Vehicle Turret available for purchase.
· Light Assault – Fixed a bug where jump jet cert progression would not properly
· Invulnerability for revived players has been removed
· Effect added to help indicate temporary invulnerability on respawn
· Membership status window should correctly display loyalty level
· Missiles locked on to the vehicle in flight will again provide audio/visual indicators
· Fixing descriptions of the Mosquito M14 Banshee magazine certs

Terracotta Army

Reply #3266 on: February 13, 2013, 07:39:59 AM

Glad the Alpha boost was redistributed. I don't have it but I did think changing it meant giving it back to everyone that replaced and lost it.

Anti-Vehicle turret... in the depot so I can ignore it. I just don't see how it can work since tanks and aircraft already vaporize outpost and base turrets first since they are immobile targets and easy to pop off. Might be ok for dropping on a deployed Sundy. Gotta wonder if vehicle just means ground vehicles.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3267 on: February 13, 2013, 08:02:51 AM

They're making me buy the AV turret?  DAMN YOU SOE!!!

I swear I've spent more money on this free game than I would have if there was a box price plus sub.

I didn't even notice people were invul on spawn.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3268 on: February 13, 2013, 08:13:41 AM

If they had not told anyone, no one would. But it breaks on any action at all, and likely only helps those with slower load times. With this change any hard spawn or Sunderer spawned person will still have it, but medic revied will not.

Anyway, good Hotfix all around, and be sure there are more changes than whats listed. They seem to push out a hotfix to cover other things, like exploit fixes and such.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3269 on: February 13, 2013, 11:01:43 AM

I swear I've spent more money on this free game than I would have if there was a box price plus sub.

AV Mana turret is a death sentence since you have to be stationary to use it.  No thanks.

I have never played WoW.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3270 on: February 13, 2013, 11:22:26 AM

If the range is good with minimal drop it might be worth it.
croaker69
Terracotta Army

Reply #3271 on: February 13, 2013, 11:29:02 AM

AV Mana turret is a death sentence since you have to be stationary to use it.  No thanks.

It could be useful in static defense situations like the roof of a spawn.  It will need better splash damage protection than the default turret though.

What may at first appear to be an insurmountable obstacle will in time be seen for what it really is: an impenetrable barrier.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3272 on: February 13, 2013, 12:23:25 PM

Since you have to buy the turret anyway, just buy a second Falcon (or other ES AV) for your MAX loadout.  At least then you can move and be healed.

I have never played WoW.
Terracotta Army

Reply #3273 on: February 13, 2013, 12:50:09 PM

Since you have to buy the turret anyway, just buy a second Falcon (or other ES AV) for your MAX loadout.  At least then you can move and be healed.

Or stand around looking dumb if you are TR. The Pounder is just a sad sad weapon. Dual Pounders are doubly so.   swamp poop

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3274 on: February 13, 2013, 01:39:15 PM

Is it dumbfire or lock on?  If lock on then I could just plop it with the annhilator swarms and be fine, would also be great to hide away to plink at aircraft.

If it's dumbfire I won't bother to buy it.  I bet it's dumbfire.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3275 on: February 13, 2013, 01:40:24 PM

Hmmm, wireguided...

Takes 4 front armour shots on the Mag to catch it alight
    Does about 55-60% damage to the rear of a Mag
    Does 25% damage to side armour on a Mag
    It's WIRE GUIDED so you can steer it in mid air
    No protective shield WHATSOEVER
    6s Between shots
    Certable decrease to 4.5s
    Costs 700 SC/1000 Certs

Wireguided could do some hilarious things to infantry if it has splash.

Edit: Guess it has low splash so it's hard to hit infantry.  It might be a bug but the turret shields aren't showing anymore so you don't have a giant glowing target in front of you.  Shields are still there and block bullets though.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:46:32 PM by Miasma »
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3276 on: February 13, 2013, 01:48:07 PM

Wire-guided? Oh FUCK yeah.

I was surgical with the goddamn phoenix. Used to crouch behind a wall and shoot people around corners.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3277 on: February 13, 2013, 02:03:33 PM

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3278 on: February 13, 2013, 02:10:47 PM

Oh, that's not what pops into my mind when someone says wire guided.  I assumed you would have the point of view of the missle itself, not directing it by moving your reticle.  Disappointing.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3279 on: February 13, 2013, 03:51:35 PM

Wow the alpha boost is not only 50% more xp it's 50% more resources too.  For six months.  I'm amazed they upped that and handed them back out again.

Guess I wasted a bunch of smed bucks buying up the week boosts when they went on sale, I still have like 12 and won't need them for a long time.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3280 on: February 15, 2013, 06:53:12 AM

Yet more launchers, faction specific, apparently coming today.  People are speculating they are similar to the ps1 launchers due to the ammo counts.

Possible new vehicle, VS I think.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3281 on: February 15, 2013, 07:25:37 AM

I think that Vech is common pool. As in Nanite systems make. Not faction specific. It looks SOMEWHAT like the Deliverer of old.

Unrelated: PlanetSide 2 Command Center: Episode 10
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 07:36:38 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Terracotta Army

Reply #3282 on: February 15, 2013, 07:49:20 AM

Oh dear god the Lancer... loved that tank sniper rifle.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

Reply #3283 on: February 15, 2013, 09:24:13 AM

"Extreme Menace Kill" !!   Thumbs up!

I don't see why more people don't play Vanu, I've been trying them out, and the Magrider is pretty good.  Same with there HA and Engi.

But my NC is still having a blast and I've become decent as a pilot.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3284 on: February 15, 2013, 11:16:55 AM

"Extreme Menace Kill" !!   Thumbs up!

I got killed by a Lightning that then proceeded to drive over the mines I had just laid down.  It was awesome seeing "+625xp Extreme Menace Kill" in my respawn screen right after I got +125xp Revenge Kill exp.  That Lightning was almost 1,200xp for me because of those mods and my bonuses from Alpha and a 12 month sub.

I have never played WoW.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3285 on: February 19, 2013, 08:53:47 AM

Tanks Pre Update 2 and after.

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

Reply #3286 on: February 19, 2013, 11:43:43 AM

After looking at the Main Battle Tank's statistics, what the hell was up with the Magrider?

Plus is it because the NC tends to not specialize and have so so equiped tanks, where the TR went with the deployment and AP rounds that fly fast and hard (supposedly getting main gun kills against some aircraft).

Terracotta Army

Reply #3287 on: February 19, 2013, 12:09:57 PM

After looking at the Main Battle Tank's statistics, what the hell was up with the Magrider?

Plus is it because the NC tends to not specialize and have so so equiped tanks, where the TR went with the deployment and AP rounds that fly fast and hard (supposedly getting main gun kills against some aircraft).

Guilty. I been sniping libs and ESFs and Gals pretty regularly with my prowler. I shun AP rounds though. Too many HA around with rocket launchers.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3288 on: February 19, 2013, 12:37:29 PM

Before the changes magriders could easly strafe out of enemy fire, enemy shells travelled so slow they could just see them coming and dodge them.  So they nerfed the strafe speed and increased tank shell velocity.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3289 on: February 19, 2013, 01:09:16 PM

Low profile
High strafe maneuverability
Strongest armor is always facing forward ( Side effect of the fixed gun )
Pre-Patch They had an increase to hover distance (  Vertical ), making obstructions other tanks have to avoid, irrelevant.
Ability to be missed both by shooting over and UNDER the frame. No damage.
Rotation ability of the main body that's at least 2x the rotation speed of any other tanks turret, or main body.
Ability to go OVER other tanks and turn around to face the rear quickly ( Monster truck style )
Could climb slops other tanks can only look at
Speed boost as the special
Aim stabilization is something you do not have to consider in terms of terrain effecting you

I could go on.

Higby also released the graph for the same time period of how many tanks were pulled, just to squash the myth that the VS had to pull more tanks to compete post and pre patch.

Have a video of things imposable to do in any other tank:
Let's Play Planetside 2 - Magrider Tank battle 4
See how he just rides over those barriers? Watch how gaps are bridged with out a second thought, any other tank would have been stuck, or slid.

Granted, the tanks defining feature is its maneuverability. But it was broken before.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:14:07 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 102 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2  
Jump to: