Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:29:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 721647 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #3115 on: January 11, 2013, 11:54:03 AM

team good guys rather than the NC

What? NC are the good guys.
Oh please.  Their team bio reads exactly like some tea party leaflet.  I bet they're against universal health care and scared of darkies as well.  I'm certainly not going to help them break off and found their own galtian utopia.  Pay your damned taxes you crazy wing nuts!

why so serious?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3116 on: January 11, 2013, 11:58:42 AM

Oh Snap!

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #3117 on: January 11, 2013, 12:16:54 PM

I still like this game but haven't logged in for like a week. My MWO addiction is too strong. How are outfits looking, number-wise (losing people already)? Sorry about getting you in the outfit, Pennilenko, and disappearing...haha

No worries man, they are a great group of people, and they play exactly in the style that I play in. PM me how to hook up with you in voice chat in MWO, I might log on and shoot some giant robots with you, I haven't played since the last beta wipe.

For the Vanu is OP crowd, I call bullshit, I play Vanu, I made a TR character to see what they are like, and their weapons are rediculously good compared to Vanu weapons. Also the mosquito is amazingly good. I would say a couple of notches better than the scythe.  I will say though there is no argument that the NCs weapons are vastly inferior to TR and Vanu. NC do have a nice heavy tank though.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #3118 on: January 11, 2013, 02:44:18 PM

You in 666 or CCG?

I don't mind Vanu being better since they are still hopelessly outnumbered in this version but fuck TR.

I'm in HT. http://hostilism.com/forums/index.php?board=23.0
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3119 on: January 11, 2013, 02:48:29 PM

I'll keep a look out for you guys. The little outfit I'm in (T34M) hasn't been playing much since 2XP ended and I spent most of my time during that period rolling with the CCG guys in any event. CCG seems to have closed down their pub squads, though (filled their recruitment quota presumably), so I'm back to running around by myself.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3120 on: January 11, 2013, 05:45:38 PM

For the Vanu is OP crowd, I call bullshit, I play Vanu, I made a TR character to see what they are like, and their weapons are rediculously good compared to Vanu weapons. Also the mosquito is amazingly good. I would say a couple of notches better than the scythe.  I will say though there is no argument that the NCs weapons are vastly inferior to TR and Vanu. NC do have a nice heavy tank though.

Bullshit. Any faction that is not my faction is obviously over powered.

- Viin
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3121 on: January 12, 2013, 08:22:17 AM

Quote from: Saturday, January 12, 2013

General

Bonus of Composite armor for ESF reduced by 5% each rank (10/15/20/25 down from 15/20/25/30)
        Base time to reload increased by approximately 25% for tank HE
        Fixed an issue where lock-on rockets and missiles would sometimes not damage the target they hit
        Fixed bug with Lightning 100mm AP where its outer radius was set to high
        Reduced amount of decelerating that occurs after afterburning
        Acceleration of Reaver afterburner increased
        Addressing a server memory issue

Flak Mechanics Changes

We now remove the flak projectile when it bursts near an enemy aircraft. Previously the projectile was allowed a chance to continue and strike the aircraft directly, which would deal additional damage (burst damage + direct hit damage). We have increased burst damage to compensate for the loss of direct hit damage. This should result in an overall increase to flak damage and make it more consistent

Skyguard

Flak burst damage increased by 20%
        Direct hit damage against infantry and other targets increased
        Turret movement is now slightly smoother

Phalanx AA

Flak burst damage increased by 14%
        Turret movement is now slightly smoother

MAX Burster

Flak burst damage increased by 6%
        Burster projectile adjusted to more reliably hit infantry that are in close range
        Direct hits with the MAX Burster can no longer damage the heavy armor of tanks, Sunderers and Phalanx Turrets

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #3122 on: January 12, 2013, 07:55:00 PM

Bullshit. Any faction that is not my faction is obviously over powered.

This.  I play all three factions, and my experience is pretty much universal regardless of which side I play during a particular session.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3123 on: January 14, 2013, 08:19:37 AM

Recent changes has made for some really good fights over the weekend.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #3124 on: January 14, 2013, 08:28:06 AM

Recent changes has made for some really good fights over the weekend.

I think it was more a factor of more people coming back to test the changes and then playing a little longer... but I do agree. Populations were much better. I assume we'll be back to round-robins on Indar tonight.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3125 on: January 14, 2013, 09:07:53 AM

The AA changes seem to have really changed how things work out. Air is still there, but any EFS that's hovering, not strafing, is toast.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #3126 on: January 14, 2013, 09:49:21 AM

Yeah I had a really fun weekend in planetside 2.

The Reaver changes meant that my ESF outings lasted about twice as long as normal. I can actually get out of Dodge when the shit hits the fan now!

My Lib flying, which is my favorite thing to do, (probably 3k certs in my lib) changed for the better as well. I found myself over Zurvan, The Crossroads, and Xenotech DOGFIGHTING other liberators! I had probably 100 lib kills alone this weekend. Gunners had a great time as we'd let Xeno flip and have them push past the huge rock towards xroads so we could slaughter 'em, but definitely fun times.

I didn't see much skygod'ing going on. At least I didn't participate in any.
croaker69
Terracotta Army

Reply #3127 on: January 14, 2013, 11:42:40 AM

The biggest issue for me is still the three factions each picking a continent and going zergtastic.  Having 5%-15% on two continents and 60% on the third just sucks for good fights.

Also personally "encountered" the c-4 on bio-lab teleporter room shields for the first time.  I'm not a fan.

What may at first appear to be an insurmountable obstacle will in time be seen for what it really is: an impenetrable barrier.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3128 on: January 14, 2013, 11:53:01 AM

The biggest issue for me is still the three factions each picking a continent and going zergtastic.  Having 5%-15% on two continents and 60% on the third just sucks for good fights.
Not our fault the game has bonuses if you cap a continent.

Also personally "encountered" the c-4 on bio-lab teleporter room shields for the first time.  I'm not a fan.
Haven't run into that one, but that doesn't sound as bad as the turret on landing pad insta-deaths as you can presumably shoot whoever is trying to put the C-4 on the room shield.

croaker69
Terracotta Army

Reply #3129 on: January 14, 2013, 03:23:48 PM

Not our fault the game has bonuses if you cap a continent.

Haven't run into that one, but that doesn't sound as bad as the turret on landing pad insta-deaths as you can presumably shoot whoever is trying to put the C-4 on the room shield.

I've also seen someone park a Sunderer on the landing pad at one end of the Traverse so if you jump from the other side you suicide into the Sundy.

What may at first appear to be an insurmountable obstacle will in time be seen for what it really is: an impenetrable barrier.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3130 on: January 14, 2013, 03:42:31 PM

The whole "if you are moving fast and touch a vehicle you die" mechanic is just weird. The mana turret counts as a vehicle which is why you die when you collide with one at speed. Same with the similar "if a vehicle taps you while on foot you'll be flung at max speed" mechanic.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3131 on: January 14, 2013, 03:45:27 PM

The whole "if you are moving fast and touch a vehicle you die" mechanic is just weird. The mana turret counts as a vehicle which is why you die when you collide with one at speed. Same with the similar "if a vehicle taps you while on foot you'll be flung at max speed" mechanic.
If you place a turret on the landing pad of a jump launcher everyone who comes in dies.  As a counter tip you can strafe left, right or forward so that you don't land on the pad (also good for avoiding infantry mines on pads).
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #3132 on: January 14, 2013, 10:48:01 PM

The mana turret on a jump pad is considered an exploit and is a banable offense.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3133 on: January 15, 2013, 06:18:10 AM

The only official post I can find explicitly says it is not an exploit and is allowed.
Terracotta Army

Reply #3134 on: January 15, 2013, 08:48:00 AM

The mana turret on a jump pad is considered an exploit and is a banable offense.

Man, if they start banning for within game stuff that SoE is responsible for, there will be all of 10 people playing this come March. C4 and sticky grenades on the shield doors, this turret on the pad, mossie in the biolab, etc. Fix this shit on the backend...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3135 on: January 15, 2013, 08:51:29 AM

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:20:33 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #3136 on: January 15, 2013, 08:56:28 AM

Wait, taking ESFs into biolabs is bannable?

Hell I took a Reaver into one last night so I could ram a stuck lib on the other pad. He was stuck at a 45 degree angle resting on the airpad vehicle term.

It didn't help any bumping him from the front with the reaver, so I just flew it back out the other side.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3137 on: January 17, 2013, 07:34:20 AM

Quote from: Hotfix 01.17.2013
The server will come down at 12:00 AM PT for a brief update to address a few outstanding issues. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately one hour. Players may note the following changes:

General:

Enemy spotting is now only shared with allies within 150 meters.
Spot duration has been lowered to 10 seconds.
At long distances you have to be closer to the center of the target to successfully spot.
Jump Jets should no longer function intermittently.
MAXes will render at a longer distance for players in aircraft.

Liberator:

C150 Dalton:
Firing adjustments have been made to the Dalton. This change will mainly be noticeable when attempting to fire on infantry or other small targets at a distance.
Dalton projectiles now have more gravity when fired. This makes the Dalton more accurate when the Liberator is above targets. Shot accuracy becomes more difficult as the Liberator increases its horizontal distance to its target.
The outer damage blast radius, where minimum damage occurs, has been reduced from 12 meters to 10 meters.

L105 Zepher
Firing adjustments have been made to the Zepher. This should only be noticeable when trying to hit infantry or other very small targets at a far distance.
Zepher projectiles now have more gravity when fired. This makes the Zephyr more accurate when the Liberator is above targets. Shot accuracy becomes more difficult as the Liberator increases its horizontal distance to its target.
The inner damage blast radius, where maximum damage occurs, has been reduced from 4 meters to 1.5

Infrared & Thermal Optics have had their effective viewing ranges tuned for the following weapons:
Scythe: All Weapons
Reaver: All Weapons
Mosquito: All Weapons
Liberator: Secondary Weapons (Shredder, Dalton, Zepher)

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3138 on: January 17, 2013, 12:36:20 PM

Terracotta Army

Reply #3139 on: January 17, 2013, 01:09:48 PM

Infrared & Thermal Optics have had their effective viewing ranges tuned for the following weapons:
Scythe: All Weapons
Reaver: All Weapons
Mosquito: All Weapons
Liberator: Secondary Weapons (Shredder, Dalton, Zepher)
[/quote]

hmmmm... I wonder what this means exactly. Thermal was already pretty useless in ESFs, wondering what they did to NV.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3140 on: January 17, 2013, 01:21:31 PM

Seems to be a bug with hem currently, but i do think they now have shortened range in aircraft. Not 100% sure yet.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3141 on: January 18, 2013, 11:25:01 AM

New Base walls VIA Higby.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3142 on: January 18, 2013, 11:31:26 AM

So more cover for defenders?

I have never played WoW.
Terracotta Army

Reply #3143 on: January 18, 2013, 11:32:12 AM

And much crying is already ensuing. I gotta admit, I am a little dismayed they would do this on the interior of the walls considering they wanted to promote base defenses and this promotes attacking. About the only thing this will do for defense is make LA harder to hit the gen and fly out before someone comes to stabilize it.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3144 on: January 18, 2013, 11:47:55 AM

This is only for Amp Stations?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3145 on: January 18, 2013, 12:20:47 PM

This is only for Amp Stations?

I would not think so, any wall object will get it. Right in place.

Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3146 on: January 18, 2013, 12:22:03 PM

I have been very confused about the vehicle and infantry mechanic. When I am driving if I get anywhere close to someone on my side who is on foot they instantly die. While opponents I run over and then back up to hit them again and they live through it.
Terracotta Army

Reply #3147 on: January 18, 2013, 12:38:29 PM

I have been very confused about the vehicle and infantry mechanic. When I am driving if I get anywhere close to someone on my side who is on foot they instantly die. While opponents I run over and then back up to hit them again and they live through it.

Exactly. I can't comment on why or how, but yeah... friendly fire mowing is much more sensitive than enemy mowing. I dunno why or how that is - but I suspect it has to do with the magmower of yesteryear when that tank would have huge killing sprees without firing a shot.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #3148 on: January 18, 2013, 12:44:58 PM

Great. Another 3 GB patch so we can get new fucking walls.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3149 on: January 18, 2013, 12:55:50 PM

And much crying is already ensuing. I gotta admit, I am a little dismayed they would do this on the interior of the walls considering they wanted to promote base defenses and this promotes attacking. About the only thing this will do for defense is make LA harder to hit the gen and fly out before someone comes to stabilize it.
It's hard to tell because the image is confusing but since the metal 'wings' in the air are angled back I think that is the exterior side, so it might buff defense a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 102 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Planetside 2  
Jump to: