Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:57:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Server up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Server up  (Read 8294 times)
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 12, 2008, 03:48:12 PM

Yeh but it does inertia and speed which a lot of people will want to see.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 12, 2008, 04:06:42 PM

Usually the real data will be up a couple of days post-patch.  It varies, though.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 05:09:06 PM

Weapon grouping is pretty rad though.

Weapon grouping does look interesting - I found it interesting that they actually make it one big weapon and shoot on actual shot at a time (but with more damage per shot for the number of modules). I guess it makes sense, and should reduce lag if folks start using it, but seems kinda a round-about way to do it.

Client side at least the opposite appears to be the case.  Grouping weapons has been causing grid load lag and a multitude of other fun bugs, pretty useless at the moment.  They've also introduced a huge memory leak in the premium client, haven't tested the old one.  Some people in my gangs have reported disappearing gates and other weird shit too, but I've yet to see that.

Generally lag is back to it's bad old pre-Stackless IO self, but for now I'm willing to forgive that as normal patch teething problems.

I think they rushed a buggy expansion out to preempt WotLK.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 05:12:47 PM by Sparky »
WayAbvPar

Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 05:16:59 PM

I have had gates, stations, and my ship disappear, and all the sounds of the combat as well (can still hear my ship's voice and other UI sounds though). I updated my drivers after my play session last night, and will try to ungroup my weapons to see how that works.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 06:06:06 PM

Weapon grouping is pretty rad though.

Weapon grouping does look interesting - I found it interesting that they actually make it one big weapon and shoot on actual shot at a time (but with more damage per shot for the number of modules). I guess it makes sense, and should reduce lag if folks start using it, but seems kinda a round-about way to do it.

Client side at least the opposite appears to be the case.  Grouping weapons has been causing grid load lag and a multitude of other fun bugs, pretty useless at the moment.  They've also introduced a huge memory leak in the premium client, haven't tested the old one.  Some people in my gangs have reported disappearing gates and other weird shit too, but I've yet to see that.

Generally lag is back to it's bad old pre-Stackless IO self, but for now I'm willing to forgive that as normal patch teething problems.

I think they rushed a buggy expansion out to preempt WotLK.

Ive had all this happen, gates not appearing ship dissapearing, & today I was rolled back ten seconds during a fight and had to re-tackle a raven and ishtar.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 14, 2008, 08:35:33 PM

I have found, if I have guns grouped, I and everything else in space goes invisable.

I have to ungroup all guns before jumping ans regroup them afterwards.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: November 14, 2008, 10:54:05 PM

working as intended.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Server up  
Jump to: