Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:00:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Invention query 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Invention query  (Read 3534 times)
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

on: September 25, 2008, 01:00:04 PM

I'm gonna do a bit of invention this month when I get time, I have Nanite engineering and Mech Engineering to level V plus a heap of datacores. I was wondering where I could find out what BPs utilise both these skills as obviously I'd have a great advantage inventing those ones in particular. Plus does anyone know where to find a good guide to decryptors?

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 06:21:31 PM

Here's the guide I used when I was a beginner.

http://www.eve-guides.com/ittey/index.php

I don't use decryptors for modules at all anymore. I used to back when profit margins were bigger but the way things are now you can't be competitive and still use them.  The exception is for when I'm inventing big T2 ships. For those I use the super expensive decryptor that gives you the maximum invention boost and 4 extra runs on your invented BPC.

Unfortunately nothing uses the combination of mechanical engineering and nanite engineering. Nanite plus Molecular lets you invent armor hardeners...

Read that invention guide. I suspect you're still about month short of the skills you're going to need. Don't forget you will need the appropriate racial "encryption methods" skill along with the two sciences. And everything should be at level 4 at least.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 06:45:39 PM

Cheers Reg I'm going to start inventing Ogre II bps for now and I know I need Electronic engineering skill. Is there anything else you think I should add or train further? I have a fair amount in science already take a look (my alt btw).

Science
Astrometric Pinpointing
Astrometric Triangulation
Astrometrics
Cybernetics
Hacking
Infomorph Psychology
Laboratory Operation
Mechanical Engineering
Metallurgy
Nanite Engineering
Research
Research Project Management
Science
Signal Acquisition
Total Skillpoints in Group: 5,268,339

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 11:53:11 PM

Like Reg mentioned, you need the appropriate encryption method skill. For Ogre IIs, you need Gallente Encryption Methods.

Invention Chance Calculator: http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/invention_chance.php

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 04:02:53 AM

I would, yet again, recommend Eve MEEP.  That thing is great for invention, production, POS modelling, trading etc etc.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 10:54:47 AM

That guide I mentioned has a section telling you what prerequisite skills you need. Some of them are a little odd. You need Electronics 2, Engineering 2, Hacking 2, Science 5, and Electronics Upgrades 5.

For the Ogre 2 you need Mechanical Engineering and Electronic Engineering so at least you're getting to use one of your pretrained skills. It probably shouldn't take too horribly long to get Electronic Engineering and Gallente Encryption Methods up to 4.
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 05:52:42 AM

Since there aren't meta-level drones your going to need all the help you can get inventing Ogre 2's

I'd recommend pushing up the required science skills as high as possible (you'll have to look at the financial viability of using decryptors though)
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 06:45:48 AM

Unless you get them incredibly cheaply nobody uses decryptors anymore - certainly not for drones or modules.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Invention query  
Jump to: