Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 11:18:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: (UO expansion) You'll all scoff, but I'm still going to jizz. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (UO expansion) You'll all scoff, but I'm still going to jizz.  (Read 209370 times)
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #385 on: March 08, 2007, 12:40:11 PM

The Developers are of a breed that would rather wear neon yellow underwear while riding pink horses eating virtual cheese...
Like that's a bad thing?

Yes. Just look at any of Stratics douches as a definitive proof of that. People like that give creationist valid point, after all how could simple monkey digress so much and not go extinct? So it must be god that created them, because god hates us all so much.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 12:46:15 PM by sinij »

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: March 08, 2007, 12:43:01 PM

Why does WUA keep digging up my long dead beloved grandmother just to have anal quickie with her rotting corpse?

Well that how I feel about these UO threads.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 12:47:01 PM by sinij »

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #387 on: March 08, 2007, 01:36:44 PM

I read this factions thing that sounds pretty cool and that, apparently, it's broken and never fixed/completed/upgraded since forever.

And if you were tasked with updating a completely clusterhumped pile of spaghetti code to form some kind of consentual pvp in a game most serious pvp players passed up almost ten years ago...you'd slap on the yellow underwear and hop on a pink horse, too. Cheese?
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #388 on: March 13, 2007, 07:37:25 PM

Screenshot from Brit bank tonight.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: March 14, 2007, 04:47:21 AM

I don't think it's ever dawned on me how ravenous a fanboi WUA is until just now.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #390 on: March 14, 2007, 07:28:46 AM

Hell yeah. Go UO.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #391 on: March 14, 2007, 07:43:45 AM

I don't think it's ever dawned on me how ravenous a fanboi WUA is until just now.

Well, I actually snapped that pic to hear the comical outpouring of disbelief from a guild buddy of mine who's always telling me to sell all my UO stuff and move to WoW completely.  As soon as I logged in to sell a few things though, I saw that and had to smile.

But shit, yeah, UO FOREVAR!  I'm level 51 in WoW and frankly killing skeletons in Western Plaguelands over and over is losing it's charm.  I feel another UO bout coming on.

Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #392 on: March 14, 2007, 08:01:22 AM

Screenshot from Brit bank tonight.

An equivalent screenshot in WoW would have huge numbers of players going "UO? What's that?"

sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #393 on: March 14, 2007, 08:13:56 AM

Why do we even heave UO sub-board? You'll all scoff is new water thread.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #394 on: March 14, 2007, 10:13:04 AM

What is 18X18? A house size?

I have never played WoW.
Driakos
Terracotta Army

Reply #395 on: March 14, 2007, 10:40:18 AM

What is 18X18? A house size?

Yeah a house plot.  Largest custom house size you can currently own.

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #396 on: March 14, 2007, 11:05:19 AM

Why do we even heave UO sub-board? You'll all scoff is new water thread.

We have a UO sub-board because months ago Cheddar and friends made some freeshard their game of the month.  Has nothing to do with me, and frankly I don't see the need for one.  There isn't enough UO activity here to justify anything more than the current "guy who still pays attention bringing news on it sometimes" thread.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #397 on: March 14, 2007, 11:14:28 AM

It was left for WUA and I to call each other bad names in, and for Schildy to change to the latest 5+ player, short lived venture.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #398 on: March 14, 2007, 12:33:01 PM

We keep it available for emergency game explosions and MMO necromancy.  Shit happens.

-Rasix
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: March 14, 2007, 03:29:22 PM

Freetardsshards! Play here. http://www.inmaniylem.com/

If only to log in and page the admin telling him to move you to prison permanently.
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #400 on: March 14, 2007, 03:39:48 PM

It always fun to log in then page GM detailed instruction on how to go about of anal fucking themselves...

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #401 on: March 22, 2007, 05:40:18 AM

So they just wrapped up this event where monsters in the original dungeons were dropping these books that could be turned in for rewards.  Then for the last few days they've had this thing where the Lycaeum was being invaded by evil necromancy-using wisps.  And on Test Center now is this thing where you have to "cleanse" one of the virtue shrines by killing a bunch of uber spawn that's around it, then use it to start this quest-chain that takes you to one of the dungeons, gives you a little bit of backstory, and spawns some sort of boss for you to kill.  They manage to work in lots of old-school Ultima lore, which is a refreshing change from the usual robot-ninja-elf stupidity.

Nothing huge really, but it's nice to see that they have the development resources to patch content into the game while simultaneously developing a new client and a new expansion.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 05:41:54 AM by WindupAtheist »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: March 22, 2007, 06:42:06 AM

My personal hype-uO-meter is about to explode.

They even wrote on the just updated website: "Take On Worthy Opponents -- A wide variety of Player-versus-Player (PvP) options, including faction wars for territory control, guild wars for loot and bragging rights, and wide-open, “no rules” PvP for the most dangerous of players."

After all, they are Mythic. I like to think they are going to give factions and PvP some love.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #403 on: March 22, 2007, 06:47:27 AM

Sweeeeeeeet

All the shit they should have done like 8 years ago  rolleyes

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #404 on: March 22, 2007, 06:51:40 AM

Mmh... you know: Origin didn't have the resources and EA doesn't have the skills.
Let's cross fingers about Mythic.

sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #405 on: March 22, 2007, 08:44:03 AM

Even if they succeed - what about years of fuck ups, you can't just undo them. For example there is no coming back to player-crafter full loot economy.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: March 22, 2007, 09:19:03 AM

If they succeed I'll go back playing it (for the usual 20-25 days...).
Even in its actual form, other MMOs from Killer Frogs Online up to World of Borecraft can just shine UO shoes.

It's just a matter of giving me enough reasons to play it again knowing that the old days are gone. PvP enhancements could do the job.

P.S: I was wrong about Vanguard. Or maybe Vanguard was wrong about me.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #407 on: March 22, 2007, 09:51:27 AM

If they succeed I'll go back playing it (for the usual 20-25 days...).
Even in its actual form, other MMOs from Killer Frogs Online up to World of Borecraft can just shine UO shoes.

It's just a matter of giving me enough reasons to play it again knowing that the old days are gone. PvP enhancements could do the job.

P.S: I was wrong about Vanguard. Or maybe Vanguard was wrong about me.

Just fixing that for you.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #408 on: March 22, 2007, 10:02:54 AM

Heh.  I am sure I'm now owed money from someone.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #409 on: March 22, 2007, 11:43:09 AM

Yeah, I needed to come out of the closet. Now I feel so much better...

LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #410 on: March 22, 2007, 01:06:02 PM

Freetardsshards! Play here. http://www.inmaniylem.com/

If only to log in and page the admin telling him to move you to prison permanently.

Can you have your salad tossed in UO prison?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #411 on: March 22, 2007, 02:45:59 PM

Yeah, I needed to come out of the closet. Now I feel so much better...
It is such a weight lifted from your shoulders, isn't it?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #412 on: March 22, 2007, 09:20:54 PM

My personal hype-uO-meter is about to explode.

They even wrote on the just updated website: "Take On Worthy Opponents -- A wide variety of Player-versus-Player (PvP) options, including faction wars for territory control, guild wars for loot and bragging rights, and wide-open, “no rules” PvP for the most dangerous of players."

Simmah down now, simmah down.  All that really says is that the game has factions, guild wars, and Felucca, all of which are already old hat.  It doesn't actually promise anything new, though certainly a worthwhile faction system would go over well.

EDIT:  God damn Stratics monkeys are crying about having to push enter to open the chat bar now.  EA really needs to push Stratics under a fucking bus.  Seriously, take shit-eating mongoloids screaming "BUT I DONT WANT A SLOTTED INVENTORY I LIKE MAKING SMILEY FACES IN MY BACKPACK WITH COINS!" out behind the barn and put one in the back of their head for the good of the game.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 09:31:00 PM by WindupAtheist »

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #413 on: March 22, 2007, 10:12:26 PM

EDIT:  God damn Stratics monkeys are crying about having to push enter to open the chat bar now.  EA really needs to push Stratics under a fucking bus.  Seriously, take shit-eating mongoloids screaming "BUT I DONT WANT A SLOTTED INVENTORY I LIKE MAKING SMILEY FACES IN MY BACKPACK WITH COINS!" out behind the barn and put one in the back of their head for the good of the game.

This is the playerbase, of which you are a part of.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #414 on: March 22, 2007, 10:21:28 PM

This is the playerbase, of which you are a part of.

I deal with UO players all the time in, you know, UO.  The sort of shrieking imbecile I describe is virtually unrepresented among people I meet in the game, but common as dirt on the Stratics forums.

Also, your sentence should have only one "of" in it.  Pick a spot and commit, damn you.

LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #415 on: March 22, 2007, 11:35:44 PM

They should name the upgrade "Ultima Online: Clipart on Crappy Kingdoms" instead. They are upgrading the graphics from 1997 to 1999.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #416 on: March 23, 2007, 12:19:14 AM

Shit, I LIKE the old time UO graphics anyway. I'm not sure I wouldn't go back to using the old client after a couple months if I still played UO.

But I'm a MMO geezer, since I think the average MMO gamer age is something like 14.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #417 on: March 23, 2007, 01:01:46 AM

Having the chat open at all times is just fucking stupid, I can't understand why people would want it to stay that way. Plenty of times times I've just said "ffffffffffffffffffffffff" or some other crap because a macro failed to fire a few times and I just dumped it into chat to get rid of it.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #418 on: March 23, 2007, 07:05:43 AM

I also like unslotted inventories and free-and-easy swinger chat.

Yeah, I'm a UO hippy like that.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #419 on: March 23, 2007, 07:08:40 AM

I also like unslotted inventories and free-and-easy swinger chat.

Yeah, I'm a UO hippy like that.

Yeah, ditto.
But I've never done smiley faces with coins in my bag.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: (UO expansion) You'll all scoff, but I'm still going to jizz.  
Jump to: