Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:01:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Tropical Storm Erin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tropical Storm Erin  (Read 2608 times)
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

on: August 15, 2007, 02:51:47 PM

Yikes.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 02:55:37 PM

It's coming right for us.  At least I have plenty of bottled water..... since the water supply here has recently been tainted.... oh what a joy that is.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 03:47:18 PM

Having been through a few hurricanes, I wish you guys well.  Shouldn't be too bad since it's not projected to hit hurricane strength before it makes landfall.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 04:07:38 PM

Oh for heaven's sake, Texas is getting absolutely bent over with rain, and the Southeast is going through the worst drought in a decade. FUCK YOU STORMS!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 05:35:44 PM

It ain't no picnic here in the heartland, either.  I'm having to water trees every other day so they don't die.  I've given-up on the grass, it's gone.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 05:57:27 PM

As long as it doesn't pull an Allison and decide to hover over the area for two days then get pushed back on top of it again by a front, it shouldn't be too bad.

Also, it is not allowed turn north and interfere with air traffic.  Keep it in South Texas, please.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 07:11:23 PM

It's heading right for my sister.  Yay for more rain!
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 02:48:51 AM

It's coming right for us.  At least I have plenty of bottled water..... since the water supply here has recently been tainted.... oh what a joy that is.

Yup. Ironic with all this rain people are not using as much water as usual, (like down by 30% +/-) so the water is not being pushed through the system, so the chlorine is breaking down before the water gets used, so now we have E. coli water. Or so our inept city with rednecks in charge of mexicans says. Just glad my net is working today. Every day a blessing and all that. Normally a storm just looking at us funny is enough for the power/cable to go out.

Fake Edit: And now we have a tropical storm (that went north of corpus) bringing that brought more rain. Water Water Everywhere And Not A Drop To Drink.

First General post, they say it gets easier after your first time.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 06:24:20 AM

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 07:18:38 AM

Seems to have dipped to the south quite a bit.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 07:45:58 AM

Erin's a puddle maker.

I'm far more concerned about Dean.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 07:47:55 AM by sigil »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 09:08:20 AM

It ain't no picnic here in the heartland, either.  I'm having to water trees every other day so they don't die.  I've given-up on the grass, it's gone.

Paelos didn't mention that at least some of us around the ATL are under watering restriction.  Then again, maybe it's just my shitty county.  Not that I pay any attention to it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 11:19:06 AM

Paelos didn't mention that at least some of us around the ATL are under watering restriction.  Then again, maybe it's just my shitty county.  Not that I pay any attention to it.

I honestly didn't know because I live in an apartment in the middle of the city. I just know up at Lake Lanier, docks are so far out in the water I'm afraid skiiers are going to kill themselves.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 11:51:10 AM

As long as it doesn't pull an Allison and decide to hover over the area for two days then get pushed back on top of it again by a front, it shouldn't be too bad.

Also, it is not allowed turn north and interfere with air traffic.  Keep it in South Texas, please.
It's dumping enough rain on us just at the edges. Hopefully Dean won't do the same thing.
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 01:03:26 PM

I honestly didn't know because I live in an apartment in the middle of the city. I just know up at Lake Lanier, docks are so far out in the water I'm afraid skiiers are going to kill themselves.

SC is suffering, and I've watched the lake out back dropping all summer, but especially in the last month.  I don't really want to get slammed with hurricanes, but hopefully they will help dump some much needed water.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 03:09:44 PM

Exactly what I was going for, thanks sky :D

And yeah it missed corpus and I guess we got a little rain in the early a.m. thats long over.  Just muggy and very little wind around here atm. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Tropical Storm Erin  
Jump to: