Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 03:34:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 121 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  (Read 952280 times)
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #3255 on: November 07, 2015, 07:02:07 AM

Let's see:

Atari 2600 + a few games (must be somewhere in my house)
Commodore VC 20 + tape deck
Commodore 128 + 1571 disc drive (should have bought a Commodore 64 and 1541 instead)
Commodore Amiga 500 + 512k memory expansion ($600 for a whopping 512 k of RAM)
A SNES plus a few games. (I still own that one)
An original gameboy we played bomberman, Tetris and Dr.. Mario on via link cable. (Still own that one)

A 486 DX/50 VESA Local Bus PC with 4 MB of Ram, 512 kB graphics card, 30 MB HD and 14 inch CRT. That one cost $4000 by itself. Also lots of analog joysticks because I played X-Wing, Wing Commander, Strike Commander and Privateer on that. Plus quite a few games. Later a Soundblaster card and CD-ROM, for day of the tentacle and rebel assault. Quite a lot of games.

A Pentium 90 with Adaptec ultra wide SCSI adapter, SCSI HD and single speed CD-Burner. Later upgraded with a Matrox graphics card, 3dfx voodoo card and a 17 inch CRT. Also a ridiculously expensive $250 Realtek 10 MBit/s BNC networking adapter. On this thing I played most of my PC games. System Shock, Doom, Quake, Fallout, Diablo. I later upgraded it to a Pentium 120 and then 166 I believe. Lasted for six years through most of my college and university. Also quite a lot of games.

A Nintendo 64 plus a few games.

A Nintendo GameCube plus a few games.

A used PS2 for GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas, Also for Guitar Hero.

A PowerBook G4 which was my WoW gaming machine until Wrath of the Lich King. Our guilds first ragnaros kill and black wing lair clear I did on that machine. I also played the open and closed betas on that one. The first computer I bought with money I earned from my job after university. Also my main UNIX machine for SW development and IT stuff.

A PowerBook Core Duo. The first Intel one. WoW machine until I quit shortly before Cataclysm came out. Replaced the previous one.

An 27 inch iMac with core i7 and Nvidia dedicated graphics. I had that one for four years and it's still used by my sister and her husband. Quite usable with boot camp but by that time I was primarily gaming on consoles.

Two PS3's (first one died) plus quite a lot of games.
An Xbox 360 plus quite a few games.
A Wii plus a few games
A PS4 plus a few games
A Wii U plus a few games

My current gaming plus work MacBook Pro I bought two years ago. Core i7, NVidia GT650m. Currently used to play Dark Souls.

That whole laundry list of systems and games (I probably forgot some) and I might just break the $30,000. If I hadn't usually sold off my used stuff when I bought something new which will put the actual total I've spent over the last thirty years much lower than that. Used Macs sell incredibly well and I got quite a lot of Money for my used consoles and games on eBay.

So probably less than a new car costs for thirty years of entertainment.

Seems so much more worthwhile than spending it all on one game. I wouldn't even spend that much on an actual game I played regularly for five years (WoW) let alone on one that by all means will be the next public train wreck
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3256 on: November 07, 2015, 04:55:43 PM

No one cares.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #3257 on: November 07, 2015, 05:15:05 PM

That's ok
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #3258 on: November 11, 2015, 04:46:54 AM

They would think it’s a crazy, stupid thing. Most people on the street would think it’s a crazy, stupid thing.

What I get from that article is that 30.000 $ is not that much money to him, at least he claims that to be the case. So it's not like he "invested" his kids college fund into the game.

Still stupid, imho, but maybe not insane. Maybe.  why so serious?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3259 on: November 12, 2015, 10:36:59 AM

I'm officially just jumping off any hype or hope for this game, I no longer expect it will be fleshed out into a coherent whole beyond "ok but with too many problems and definitely not ready" ( unless it implodes entirely) and will not care to have an early backer account of any sort and much even just won't bother at all

If you have given them any money get it back now.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3260 on: November 12, 2015, 10:49:15 AM

I'm officially just jumping off any hype or hope for this game, I no longer expect it will be fleshed out into a coherent whole beyond "ok but with too many problems and definitely not ready" ( unless it implodes entirely) and will not care to have an early backer account of any sort and much even just won't bother at all

Good for you.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #3261 on: November 12, 2015, 12:19:05 PM

Better Nate than lever...

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3262 on: November 12, 2015, 12:29:02 PM

I love that joke.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3263 on: November 12, 2015, 01:06:02 PM

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #3264 on: November 17, 2015, 02:50:33 PM

The Cringe is strong in this one...  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eHe4LgHYcU

(teaser for an upcoming interview)

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3265 on: November 17, 2015, 06:25:31 PM

Can George Lucas please go sue this fucktard for that video so we can get the inevitable Star Citizen collapse over with quicker?

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3266 on: November 17, 2015, 06:42:42 PM

Can George Lucas please go sue this fucktard for that video so we can get the inevitable Star Citizen collapse over with quicker?

That would be Disney's job these days.
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #3267 on: November 19, 2015, 08:24:21 AM

Can't wait to hear about how much money people will be wasting on this years anniversary sale. They will do a livestream in 2.5 hours to get all suckers in the right spirit.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3268 on: November 19, 2015, 11:34:37 AM

Livestream going on right now.

Mark Hamill's character in S42 is called (Lt. Commander) Steve "Old Man" Colton:

http://www.pcgamer.com/mark-hamill-talks-star-citizen-wing-commander-and-star-wars/

PC Gamer's next issue cover features a pic of his in-game character (it's in the link)

EDIT: better pic on GameStar:

"Old Man" teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjSXcdvd-ME

Nice to see you again, Colonel Blair  why so serious?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:11:07 PM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3269 on: November 19, 2015, 12:04:26 PM

The Anvil Crucible, a ship mainly dedicated to repair & maintenance. There is also a design post dedicated to how repair & maintenance is gonna work in Star Citizen:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/15062-Ship-Repair-And-Maintenance

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3270 on: November 19, 2015, 01:07:46 PM

Module #739293: Space Mechanic, otherwise known as Chico and the Man.

Fuck... me.

WayAbvPar

Reply #3271 on: November 19, 2015, 01:21:03 PM

Fuck... me.

And when it fails CR is going to Freddie Prinze himself.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3272 on: November 19, 2015, 03:31:50 PM

I've just finished watching the interview with Mark Hamill featured in the PC Gamer link I posted earlier and what a lovable guy he is. He talks about a lot of stuff, so watch it when you can.

Here's another interview, this time with John-Rhys Davies on GameStar (it's in english):

http://www.gamestar.de/videos/specials,20/star-citizen-squadron-42,86250.html

He plays a character called "Graves" an ex-comrade of the "Old Man" (Mark Hamill); and yeah, he says it kinda shares similar traits with Paladin (Wing Commander) and his relationship with Blair, although the backstory sounds quite different.

Another video: BTS with Mark Hamill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vRE6LtYBHg

...Or, "Watch old and young men wearing the latest in fashion with funny dots on their face"  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
---------

Last but not least, SC Alpha 2.0  will be released tonight to 1,000 backers; Erin Roberts said they hope to fully open it by the end of next week.

Feature list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3thnrj/confirmed_20_feature_list/ (flyable ships listed are just the new ones. The single-seater, already flyable ones will be in as well)

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #3273 on: November 19, 2015, 05:14:13 PM

Fuck... me.
Puzzle Pirates had it long before Star Citizen. It was also pretty entertaining mini-game, while this... I dunno, it's like they're trying to out-SWG the SWG. ACK!
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3274 on: November 21, 2015, 10:28:45 AM

Looks like they released the multiverse or whatever it's called. Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC17567Zg8Y&feature=youtu.be&t=96
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #3275 on: November 21, 2015, 06:46:06 PM

Yup, allegedly it crashes a lot and is limited to about ~15 ships (since ships can have larger crews not sure how that translates to number of actual players)

In response the Good Doctor released another blog (tl;dr: doom. DOOOOOOOOM)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3276 on: November 21, 2015, 07:26:30 PM

Fuck... me.

What's wrong with adding features at twice the rate of implementing them?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #3277 on: November 22, 2015, 07:42:46 PM

Sounds about right for a development house.
fang

Email
Reply #3278 on: November 22, 2015, 08:17:27 PM

Looks like they released the multiverse or whatever it's called. Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC17567Zg8Y&feature=youtu.be&t=96

Some thoughts:

1) In the future, have they forgotten about circuit breakers?  Why does damaged equipment sit there and spark, presumably forever?
2) Space toilet bogey sighted at 6:46!  I wonder which stretch goal was the one that required personal elimination?
3) So the grand purpose of all this space battling and first-person engine building is to navigate into the space station and PUSH THE SINGLE GIANT RED BUTTON THAT FIXES EVERYTHING?  Are plot points duplicating Quake 2 gameplay the best they could come up with?
4) Please tell me there's a check box that disables the rotating captain's chair animation.  That's cool perhaps once.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #3279 on: November 22, 2015, 10:02:39 PM

What's wrong with adding features at twice the rate of implementing them?
Not much, really; i think the problem is their rate is way higher than that why so serious?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3280 on: December 01, 2015, 11:16:31 AM

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3281 on: December 04, 2015, 04:43:45 AM

Nice to see even some people on the SC forums are calling bullshit on this one.

For context, they had a trailer on The Game Awards (I cringe even typing that). The trailer ends with "Playable now with Alpha 2.0". Problem is, they didn't get 2.0 ready in time and it's still on their test server and only available for the first 100k or so backers. Ben posts an explanation that they had to turn the trailer in early to get in on the Game Awards and it wasn't until later that they realized 2.0 wasn't going to be ready when the trailer was broadcast. Some people then point out that not only is that kind of a shitty excuse for false advertising, but that they also posted the trailer up on the Star Citizen youtube account with "available to the players NOW" in the description and linked to the video on their website.

Edit: Also, even the trailer has lag and frame rate issues.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:45:51 AM by Velorath »
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3282 on: December 14, 2015, 05:42:42 AM

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3283 on: December 14, 2015, 08:57:33 AM

I have revised my assessment of this game's future. It's going to be Vertical Slice: The Game.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3284 on: December 16, 2015, 05:44:19 PM

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3285 on: December 16, 2015, 05:57:53 PM

And then apparently when Chris Roberts was actually playing the game in a live stream today he was having a bunch of technical issues and cursing the UI, and giving the general impression that he never actually plays his own game.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3286 on: December 16, 2015, 08:41:31 PM

The first 10 seconds were ok, but then I got bored and I wasn't at all as impressed as the subtitles seemed expect me to be.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3287 on: December 16, 2015, 10:29:57 PM

And then apparently when Chris Roberts was actually playing the game in a live stream today he was having a bunch of technical issues and cursing the UI, and giving the general impression that he never actually plays his own game.

The same thing happened a year or two ago when he first showed off Arena Commander. I get the distinct impression that he only actually plays the game for like 15 minutes a week.

Probably hard to find time to play it when he's busy plotting out the next trailer for the next $300 ship.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #3288 on: December 17, 2015, 03:47:51 AM

These hookers won't snort the cocaine off themselves, themselves.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3289 on: December 17, 2015, 05:33:04 AM

That's going in the bank. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 121 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  
Jump to: