Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:57:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: A word about our little niche. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A word about our little niche.  (Read 23172 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #70 on: January 12, 2005, 09:36:56 AM

Quote from: Lum
Oh, if only I were still alive!

Uh-oh.  You people were supposed to be thinking kind thoughts about Boog, not Lum!  Now look what you've done!  :(

First Jerry Garcia, now Lum.  Who next?  The comic book guy?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #71 on: January 12, 2005, 10:01:50 AM

I'm glad we have someone with such a tangential grasp on reality like Boog to clue us all in.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Boogaleeboo
Delinquents

Reply #72 on: January 12, 2005, 10:58:27 AM

And I'm glad we have you to......I'm sorry, how are you a distinct personality again?

If you were renamed to "Random Board Poster 439" do you honestly think anyone would notice?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: January 12, 2005, 11:00:12 AM

I didn't realize you put such weight in being an internet "personality." Says alot.

If you were replaced by a bot that randomly called people idiots, do you think anyone would notice?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
RasputinCorp

Email
Reply #74 on: January 12, 2005, 11:06:11 AM

Quote from: Shockeye
We are what we are and that is all that we are. We are Popeye. We do our thing, you do yours. That should be enough. This corp/f13 shit ends NOW.

It took me coming into #f13 and launching a tirade at you guys while you were AFK to post something like this, after schild made several public derogatory comments regarding "fluffer interviews" and insinuating that we even give a crap about being Slashdotted?

I'm sorry, but I will not believe this until I see an apology.

And yes, I do mean that.

I'm very sure that this would not have ignited anything had schild not made any noise over Corp getting frontpaged over f13.

It's very true: We do our own thing, and damn the consequences. It was mentioned that there's a palpable "they didn't let us into the club" sense coming from schild over some of this, and I agree with it.

In the long run, I'm more frustrated than anything else that the cause of the drama is petty jealousy over site hits. Are you getting CPM payments?

I didn't think so.

Both sites serve different audiences. If schild has a problem with Corp, he is more than welcome to take it up with me (rasputin@corpnews.com) and I will handle it, or move it on to Pop or 3SM.

More likely than not, though...it's not going to matter. Hits don't matter anymore.

Corp vs. f13? "Us vs. them?"

There is no "us."

Catch you guys on the flip side.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #75 on: January 12, 2005, 11:20:35 AM

Quote from: RasputinCorp
I'm sorry, but I will not believe this until I see an apology.

First of all, they were fluffer pieces and schild does not need to apologize for saying it.

This is all childish and as of this moment all bans placed against anyone from #hate or corpnews are gone.

If anyone from corpnews has a problem with us, we can all talk about it in a mature way.

And let's try to get this thread back to love, ok?
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: January 12, 2005, 11:27:30 AM

I dunno... the corp invasion kind of makes me realize how much we really SHOULD love f13.

Bringing in the negative to highlight the positive.

Brilliant!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #77 on: January 12, 2005, 11:28:00 AM

Quote from: Shockeye

And let's try to get this thread back to love, ok?

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #78 on: January 12, 2005, 11:42:48 AM

A Kitten in every thread = love.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: January 12, 2005, 11:44:00 AM

I prefer puppies:

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: January 12, 2005, 11:45:29 AM

Keep this up and this guy will make a comeback.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #81 on: January 12, 2005, 11:46:55 AM

http://www2.incredimail.com/contents/ecards/love/cute_kisses_d_prev.gif">

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
schild
Administrator

Reply #82 on: January 12, 2005, 11:47:50 AM

Did someone call?
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: January 12, 2005, 11:56:58 AM

I was actually about to make a post about how any second now Rasputin would show up and start whining, but decided not to incite anything. Ah well.

I think Boog and Rasputin, among others, have nothing better to do that scour the internet looking for places they can get all huffy because someone mentioned them.

And yes, the "internet personality" thing is hilarious. There is a Boog on every discussion board in the universe. Not that it matters. Being an irreplaceable internet personality is more bad than good IMO.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #84 on: January 12, 2005, 12:03:58 PM

No more love!  It always ends in tears.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #85 on: January 12, 2005, 12:05:03 PM

Well that's freaking despressing.

Boogaleeboo
Delinquents

Reply #86 on: January 12, 2005, 12:17:36 PM

I didn't realize you put such weight in being an internet "personality."

No, having a personality. As a human being. You don't.

Margalis has "crazy liberal douchebag" at least. It's something.

First of all, they were fluffer pieces and schild does not need to apologize for saying it.

What about posting on corp under another name bitching? Does he have to apologise for that?

Or for saying that we sent in the story to slashdot ourselves for the hit? Or acting like a petty shit in UT?

Pretend we are the badguys here. Really.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: January 12, 2005, 12:23:03 PM

If being an exceptionally boring, one-trick  pony qualifies as a "personality," I'll pass.

-H.L. Mencken
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #88 on: January 12, 2005, 12:24:42 PM

Ok, I'm going to say this once and hope I don't have to every again.

Some of us have various issues with other websites. The proper place to take those issues up is with those websites and the people who run them. Taking swipes at them from other webistes is not the appropriate or right thing to do and I will do my best to discourage that sort of thing. If you cannot access said webite in order to discuss the issue at hand, you can leave those people a PM on this website if they have an account or a thread can be created here and those that run the other websites can be invited to take part in the discussion. Othewise, keep it to yourself.

And now, for some love.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #89 on: January 12, 2005, 12:26:30 PM

Quote from: Boogaleeboo
Pretend we are the badguys here. Really.

I was not aware you were representing Corpnews. I don't think they realize it either. I will give you a pass because you have not yet read my LAST post on this subject. This "petty shit" as you call it it coming to an end. Please let it die.
Boogaleeboo
Delinquents

Reply #90 on: January 12, 2005, 12:27:12 PM

If being an exceptionally boring, one-trick pony qualifies as a "personality," I'll pass.

You say as if I you had the option, and if I was boring you wouldn't be talking to me.

Logic, a beautiful thing.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: January 12, 2005, 12:29:08 PM

Boring and aggravating are not mutually exclusive.

-H.L. Mencken
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #92 on: January 12, 2005, 12:30:08 PM

This thread is touching me in my bad place, now.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #93 on: January 12, 2005, 12:35:35 PM

Quote from: Signe

The leather cushions?

Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: January 12, 2005, 12:36:44 PM

I, too, am fonder of puppies.
Boogaleeboo
Delinquents

Reply #95 on: January 12, 2005, 12:37:38 PM

So it's not that you are talking to me because I bore you, it's because I bore AND aggrivate you.

Yeah, that makes your point much better.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: January 12, 2005, 12:39:31 PM

Quote from: Signe

Where's that exactly?

The love part of this thread is boring: Here's a real Lum splinter site.
To bad the guy who wrote it has apparently passed away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
schild
Administrator

Reply #97 on: January 12, 2005, 12:40:00 PM

So it's not that you are talking to me because I bore you, it's because I bore AND aggrivate you.

Yeah, that makes your point much better.

Shut the fuck up already. Is there any content to your posts? No. Don't post again until there is some. Jesus Christ, you make everyone around you look like a shitweasel. You MUST stop as per Shockeye's instructions.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: January 12, 2005, 01:00:57 PM

...aggrivate...

aggravate

Because really, in the end? I'm a people person. ;)

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Boogaleeboo
Delinquents

Reply #99 on: January 12, 2005, 01:03:57 PM

See?

THAT was helpful.
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: January 12, 2005, 01:07:56 PM

Now you're starting to get it.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: January 12, 2005, 01:23:28 PM

There are no "bad guys" in something this trivial, just stupid and annoying guys.

And I'm not that liberal, although that's a different discussion.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #102 on: January 12, 2005, 01:42:33 PM

"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies posters were singing bitching about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing bitching about something so beautiful idiotic, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it"

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
schild
Administrator

Reply #103 on: January 12, 2005, 01:43:15 PM

Shawshank is a great flick.
schild
Administrator

Reply #104 on: January 12, 2005, 03:27:12 PM

Btw, if you really loved us you'd check out Pocket Kingdom and click the ads. I know many of you have already bought the game on Haemish's recommendation (and I'm pretty confident you're all having fun besides the inventory issue). Just saying. A click a day keeps the web site this way.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: A word about our little niche.  
Jump to: