Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2024, 04:28:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: PA & PVP versus old media comics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PA & PVP versus old media comics  (Read 23234 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: November 05, 2009, 02:12:28 AM

Nice.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #106 on: November 05, 2009, 08:56:10 AM

To Scott's credit, Wizard has always been complete shit, a veritable cumbucket of a magazine that was in large part responsible for the absolute colon cleanse the comics industry took in the mid-90's. Their constant hyping of the latest greatest foil-covered hyper-editions by dynamic but overrated artists like Rob Liefeld and Todd McFarlane, their inflated speculator-focused pricing on back issues just old enough to be considered back issues and their rock-star leghumping of speculator markets like the action figure market all served to expand and eventually pop the comics bubble in that decade, a rupture the entire industry has not recovered from to this day.

Fuck Wizard in their tiny little earholes.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: November 05, 2009, 11:28:30 AM

Yeah, I have no objection to anybody, including Kurtz, unleashing rhetorical buckets of shit all over Wizard. Kurtz picks some dumb fights now and again, and his ego is very easily offended, but go go gadget on this one.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: November 05, 2009, 12:26:15 PM

Why is this public?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #109 on: November 05, 2009, 12:35:22 PM

because it's a PSA, and quite funny
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #110 on: November 05, 2009, 12:36:21 PM

Why is this public?
Cause Scott's ego is large enough to have its own gravitational field?
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: November 05, 2009, 04:01:39 PM

Good shit.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: November 05, 2009, 04:05:23 PM

Nerd rages about a company extending an invite to him because said company excluded Tom Bombabil/let Warren kill Tara/nerfed warlocks?  Yawn.  
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 04:07:38 PM by Triforcer »

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: November 05, 2009, 04:55:39 PM

Fuck, Jim Davis established Garfield on this very premise.  He was NEVER an artist, he was a Marketer who read something about the popularity of cats and said "Hey, what if I make a comic about a cat who hates mondays. People would eat that shit up and I could make a mint on the merchandising."  He's unabashedly admitted this, and proven himself right.

This is true. And it's doubly awesome because every now and again, Jim Davis will do something totally surreal with Garfield, like Garfield's 9 Lives and the creepy halloween strips.

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/08/05/death-of-garfield.html

It's great because he just kind of stumbles into aweseome, and doesn't try to turn Garfield into something it's not.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #114 on: November 05, 2009, 05:05:08 PM

Ah, I'd forgotten about the 9 lives cartoon/comic.  I loved the cartoon as a kid, but it was actually surprisingly dark for a Garfield cartoon.  The one with Siamese cat made my mother cry every time she saw it...

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #115 on: November 05, 2009, 05:20:16 PM

Why is this public?

Pageviews.  Scott knows nothing if not self-promotion and how to generate page hits.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: November 06, 2009, 01:18:45 AM

Well he is an internet tastemaker apparently. Whole thing reminds me of this

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: PA & PVP versus old media comics  
Jump to: