Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 11:29:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division  (Read 150401 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: March 19, 2016, 09:15:51 PM

Sadly, it's becoming a playground for bullies and teams of bullies rolling alts to twink and circumvent the penalties of dz rank/funds/key loss. I've been rez'd after being killed by mobs only to be executed as I got up and had my shit stolen 3 times already in the past 2 days - all while being taunted over comms. Frustrating since I was solo, but part of the game I accept. Of course these are the same fucks that bitch to UBI and Massive about the DZ rank penalties being too severe. This will zone if going to devolve into groups of twink bully groups and nothing else in a few weeks.

Omg I love this game already.

If for no other reason than your quote could have appeared as a paraphrase on UO Stratics 100 years ago  awesome, for real

It's definitely home to the people who have raised their MR and magic to 100. The only problem I have with it are the people who are hacking and have 1000.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: March 20, 2016, 08:58:44 AM

Heh.

Finally had a chance to check it out. Even on my aged rig it works well. And I really enjoy the game play.

Of course, I haven't gotten into the areas of the game where other players can screw up my life  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #352 on: March 20, 2016, 09:22:01 AM

But they just don't. You don't even really have to ever go there. This whole "other players screwing my game" is a strawman here. The Division has pretty much no PvP (which is A problem), and if you find a few overgeared bullies, just change instance.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #353 on: March 20, 2016, 10:16:16 AM

Having decent fun with this. I like the detailed environments, and the cover and shooty bits feel pretty good in some missions (though Destiny has better actual shooting mechanics). I've had some fun in the DZ as well, though I can typically roll with a steady group.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #354 on: March 20, 2016, 10:57:19 AM

It's been a while since I've played an ubisoft game; apparently I can import my Steam friends to ubi. I pinged a bunch of folks that I imported.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: March 20, 2016, 12:48:27 PM

But they just don't. You don't even really have to ever go there. This whole "other players screwing my game" is a strawman here. The Division has pretty much no PvP (which is A problem), and if you find a few overgeared bullies, just change instance.
Nice. That's promising. I haven't really followed the game closely, and barely skimmed pages here. Just needed a new fix, and this was the best option. Gonna cost me some hardware $ though smiley
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #356 on: March 20, 2016, 07:23:28 PM

Very true and I concur, it is a strawman. However, it still and always will irk me to see that stupid ass behavior. Even PvP is fine, but this is really dependent on gear and who gets the drop on whom. But that's on me.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #357 on: March 20, 2016, 10:41:11 PM

You'll be happy to know that I got ganked three or four times by an overgeared bully who talked a lot of shit in voice comms yesterday.  awesome, for real

So I left the DZ and didn't bother with it again.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #358 on: March 21, 2016, 12:37:30 AM

If they didn't patch this, you could have just changed instance as I said.

disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #359 on: March 21, 2016, 12:43:40 AM

If they didn't patch this, you could have just changed instance as I said.

Did I miss something? Where is this option?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #360 on: March 21, 2016, 01:15:07 AM

Go to a safehouse (EDIT: one of the Dark Zone safehouses/checkpoints), hit "matchmaking". You wll be grouped with some random people in a new instance. Which, even if you don't really want to group, means 3 less potential enemies, so not a bad idea to begin with. But if you really don't want to see yourself grouped, just leave the group right after joining.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:18:53 AM by Falconeer »

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #361 on: March 21, 2016, 06:59:58 AM

I'm still having a blast at this.

Couple buds and me were able to trio down the Challenge last night and it was HARD.  Quite rewarding though.

They do need to be a bit more rapid response for some very clear exploits. I have a feeling they're basically leaving stuff until the April patch, but they really shouldn't (like the decision to let you kill these yellow bosses that roam the map, but if you don't kill their minions at the same time, you can reset the map and they respawn, to the tune of 3 PCredits and 2 purple items per 2-3 minutes).

If you are playing this game expecting 400 hours of content, you're going to be let down.  But for 100 hours? It's chock full of stuff to do.

I guess they should probably implement a Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch arena skinned as training exercises.

Regarding Rogues, as has been previously said, there is no PVP in this game.  Being a Rogue is (a) accidental or (b) because you want to be a dick.  There's no (c) because I want to fight fairly and get a reward.

I do think that they should massively increase the reward for surviving though.  Maybe keep it as it is but implement a Blackmarket dealer who shows up when someone gets a manhunt/infamy level and if they make to that guy, he's got some crazy deal to give them based on how many players they killed or how long they've been rogue and gives an extra reward.  Like, here's 10k credits for every minute you've been hunted, now survive!

I also agree that they shouldn't show up on the map. Minimap/pings, but not the main map.
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: March 21, 2016, 10:26:36 AM

I'm still having a blast at this.

Couple buds and me were able to trio down the Challenge last night and it was HARD.  Quite rewarding though.

They do need to be a bit more rapid response for some very clear exploits. I have a feeling they're basically leaving stuff until the April patch, but they really shouldn't (like the decision to let you kill these yellow bosses that roam the map, but if you don't kill their minions at the same time, you can reset the map and they respawn, to the tune of 3 PCredits and 2 purple items per 2-3 minutes).

If you are playing this game expecting 400 hours of content, you're going to be let down.  But for 100 hours? It's chock full of stuff to do.

I guess they should probably implement a Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch arena skinned as training exercises.

Regarding Rogues, as has been previously said, there is no PVP in this game.  Being a Rogue is (a) accidental or (b) because you want to be a dick.  There's no (c) because I want to fight fairly and get a reward.

I do think that they should massively increase the reward for surviving though.  Maybe keep it as it is but implement a Blackmarket dealer who shows up when someone gets a manhunt/infamy level and if they make to that guy, he's got some crazy deal to give them based on how many players they killed or how long they've been rogue and gives an extra reward.  Like, here's 10k credits for every minute you've been hunted, now survive!

I also agree that they shouldn't show up on the map. Minimap/pings, but not the main map.

Patch is addressing the easy farming of NMs.

• Named NPCs will no longer respawn after being killed in the Open World. This will prevent situations where players were able to kill a same named NPC over and over again.

full list:
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-242994-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #363 on: March 21, 2016, 12:39:32 PM

Looks like it addresses most of the complaints.
Terracotta Army

Reply #364 on: March 21, 2016, 12:55:35 PM

Looks like it addresses most of the complaints.

LOL. Looks like the oncoming storm on reddit and the forums. Can't wait to see all the shit this breaks. I'm not down on the game, just aware of how patches and exploiting and bitching goes.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: March 21, 2016, 01:00:57 PM

They're closing the loot cave. Of course people are going to bitch  awesome, for real

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #366 on: March 21, 2016, 01:33:03 PM

Now that they've got the people in they can start ramping up the grind to retain them for longer.

I was reading stories of keeping a main with darkzone level 50 and twinking out their PvP alt with drops so that the rogue hit to darkzone xp is a non-factor. It will be interesting to see what happens once the honeymoon / farming phase is over for the power-gamers.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
lesion

Reply #367 on: March 21, 2016, 02:10:39 PM

That open world farming thing is super dumb. Like there's a loot grind, no shit, but it's not really necessary and doesn't warrant spending hours farming the same NPC. For now it's fun just getting together with folks and fucking up some bad mens.

The daily missions also give enough grindypoints to get a new weapon/armor schematic every day give or take, and I'm already almost out of sweet yellow shit to craft. Those guys chain-running missions at 8 minutes a pop are messed up. Have fun not having fun, dudes!

These goddamn kids today.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #368 on: March 21, 2016, 03:07:33 PM

How much of the game's PvE content is gated if you are a solo player that occasionally PUGs?
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #369 on: March 21, 2016, 03:22:57 PM

How much of the game's PvE content is gated if you are a solo player that occasionally PUGs?

None.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #370 on: March 21, 2016, 03:49:21 PM

Yea just learned that myself. I thought the missions with "Find Group" hovering over the entrances were group-required. I was going to lament, and then PUG. But just now I decided to push forward, sauntered right in and solo'd to completion. Well, on the third try anyway  wink
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #371 on: March 21, 2016, 03:52:33 PM

None.
Thanks.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #372 on: March 21, 2016, 04:11:04 PM

I've solo'ed everything up to 27 so far, and I don't believe anything stops you from getting to 30 and finishing your BoO on your own. I'm enjoying the missions from a story/exploring perspective, which I think is the intention while leveling. Of course you can group, but good luck getting a PUG to slow down while you look for a weapon crate stashed in the corner of the room that's not on the main path to finish.

Plenty of time to group up for hard/challenge modes at 30.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #373 on: March 21, 2016, 04:50:12 PM

Guess I should farm bullet king tonight....

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #374 on: March 21, 2016, 05:01:28 PM

He drops ok loot. Probably decent enough to crutch you to 30, and break/sell stuff for monies. I think he killed me once after I finished doing the Times Square mission, but I never thought anything of it.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #375 on: March 21, 2016, 05:10:49 PM

Guess I should farm bullet king tonight....

I was thinking it's probably the last night for quiet DZ runs.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #376 on: March 22, 2016, 12:26:34 AM

IIf you are playing this game expecting 400 hours of content, you're going to be let down.  But for 100 hours? It's chock full of stuff to do.

My plan is to play with my wife until we hit 30 and "finish", then come back sporadically when they add more content. I've got a "solo" character that I play at my own pace when she's not around/up for playing. Once the "campaign" is finished, though - I don't need to play it daily like World of EverQuest. Plenty of other games out there, after all!

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #377 on: March 22, 2016, 03:17:24 AM

Why is the patch making me download 30GB+ aaaa?!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #378 on: March 22, 2016, 03:38:32 AM

Forever in our memories...

lesion

Reply #379 on: March 22, 2016, 05:38:08 AM

That is a lot cooler* after finding out it's not fan art.

*nerdy cool, not actually cool

steam|a grue \[T]/
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #380 on: March 23, 2016, 11:22:00 AM

I have a free Division download key from an Nvidia card purchase if anyone wants it. PM me.

Edit:    Spoken for!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:51:02 PM by Viin »

- Viin
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #381 on: March 27, 2016, 06:58:49 AM

Hit 30 the other day. Still cleaning up the last two zones, but I've maxed out my base and just need to do the final story mission at the UN. LMB guys are assholes.  why so serious?

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #382 on: March 27, 2016, 07:10:01 AM

I have a promotional code for Division (to be redeemed here but for Amazon really). PM me if interested.
schild
Administrator

Reply #383 on: March 27, 2016, 06:48:04 PM

Shame all these promo codes are for fucking uPlay. I will literally never get the DLC because they aren't Steam codes.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #384 on: March 27, 2016, 07:06:57 PM

Shame all these promo codes are for fucking uPlay. I will literally never get the DLC because they aren't Steam codes.

It wouldn't matter because you would still need to download, install and launch the game through UPlay.  There's no way around it even if you buy from Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division  
Jump to: