Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:22:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: SW - Episode 7: Mary Sue wakes up but there's no coffee. RAGE. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SW - Episode 7: Mary Sue wakes up but there's no coffee. RAGE.  (Read 303149 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #945 on: October 20, 2015, 08:05:39 AM

Appears a couple of internet trolls started it to get it trending, and the only reason it's trending is everyone expressing dismay at it. Non-story.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #946 on: October 20, 2015, 08:23:16 AM

There's some discussion about it down in Politics.

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=24933.msg1389353#msg1389353

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #947 on: October 20, 2015, 09:18:30 AM

That lens flare!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #948 on: October 20, 2015, 09:30:43 AM

After having been burned out and meh on the other trailers, this one actually got me excited. It FELT epic like the others didn't.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #949 on: October 20, 2015, 10:19:23 AM

. wrong forum. Sorry.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #950 on: October 20, 2015, 11:43:27 AM

Have my tickets. Looking forward to it waaaay more than Christmas. I can only hope i miss spoilers on the day it premiers.

No one is to start threads titled "Luke is the dark jedi master!" please.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #951 on: October 20, 2015, 12:21:23 PM

No comments on the boycott movement? That seems like perfect f13 rage fodder.
We're pointing and laughing at all sides of it over in Politics. Short form: The only open question is exactly who is getting trolled.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #952 on: October 20, 2015, 12:28:23 PM

Everyone.

Probably worse after the movie shows.   awesome, for real

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #953 on: October 20, 2015, 01:19:08 PM

The upside of being in Central California for the holidays is that I got tickets for the following Sunday in IMAX 3D no problem.

I got 5 tickets in IMAX 3D at 7:30pm on opening night in Danbury, CT just 5 minutes ago. Nice to be in the boonies.

I have never played WoW.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #954 on: October 20, 2015, 01:43:06 PM

Boonies wasn't the problem. The websites were literally melting for 2+ hours last night. I got "Server not found" and Domain-level "server not found" for Fandango and Movietickets.com both.  They were not prepared for the amount of hammering they got at all.

For once another industry could have learned something from MMOs.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #955 on: October 20, 2015, 02:17:30 PM

Actors watch the trailer. Boyega's reaction is the best

Gold.  Makes me ... want to look forward?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #956 on: October 20, 2015, 03:43:50 PM

WayAbvPar

Reply #957 on: October 20, 2015, 04:41:00 PM

Haven't even seen the new trailer yet (been too lazy to look it up on my phone and I am still at work). I did manage to grab 2 IMAX tickets for 4PM on Friday the 18th. Might have to pull my kid out of school a few minutes early to get there  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #958 on: October 20, 2015, 09:56:55 PM

Han Oldo.

Hic sunt dracones.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #959 on: October 20, 2015, 10:03:47 PM

No.

beer geek.
WayAbvPar

Reply #960 on: October 21, 2015, 06:28:33 AM

This is pretty amusing.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #961 on: October 21, 2015, 06:51:44 AM

This is pretty amusing.

That article is way too long to just say "Well most of the movies were terrible/ok so odds are against this movie being good." which is not how movies work.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #962 on: October 21, 2015, 07:07:01 AM

The amount of people I've run across since the birth of the net who were insisting that a star trek movie would be crap or good because "every odd numbered trek movie is crap" shows that the majority of people actually think they do.

Hell the Return of the Shit earned gangbusters because people simply didn't abandon their childhood memories when they should have realized that the Phandom Penance showed that the Lucas of their youth was an illusion. The went because they were hoping beyond hope that the Return of the Shit would validate them in once thinking that Lucas was a genius and that finally THIS movie would be good after all. I read a guy seriously arguing in a newspaper that THIS movie would finally validate peoples faith in Lucas.

If people reacted rationally and based on previous experience the second movie should have earned about $2 at the box office as everyone would have waited to listen to word of mouth to be sure before putting down their cash. Sadly getting burned does not teach people. And I'm proud to say that the Phandom Penance was the only one of the Prequels I paid money to see. I still haven't seen the other ones as I know they are trash and I knew that before they came out.

People are desperate to see if this movie will actually be good. They are desperatly hoping that TJIS movie will validate their faith. Sadly desperation is no reason to see a movie and it means nothing to your own self worth whther a movie is good or not. I'll probably watch it at some point but the genie is well out of the bottle for me. I still have the 2 good Wars movies to watch if I want.

They were so good Lucas altered them to tone them down...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:09:20 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #963 on: October 21, 2015, 07:14:16 AM

Is it me or do those two look awfully generic? If it wasn't for the background they'd fit into any contemporary non-sf film as well...

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #964 on: October 21, 2015, 07:23:07 AM

Is it me or do those two look awfully generic? If it wasn't for the background they'd fit into any contemporary non-sf film as well...

BLASPHEMER! KILL THE HERETIC!  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #965 on: October 21, 2015, 08:36:31 AM

I'm just not sure what we mean by generic here.

beer geek.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #966 on: October 21, 2015, 08:38:39 AM

Not enough CGI tentacles.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #967 on: October 21, 2015, 08:40:13 AM

I'm guessing it's because their clothes look too much like something people would actually wear.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #968 on: October 21, 2015, 08:40:24 AM

I'm just not sure what we mean by generic here.

I think he's implying the clothes aren't "Star Warsy" enough, maybe? I dunno, even the clothes in Empire and Jedi were rooted in the 80s and didn't look "super spacy."  They're great throbacks to the clothing of the OT but updated to more modern design trends.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #969 on: October 21, 2015, 08:49:39 AM

The amount of people I've run across since the birth of the net who were insisting that a star trek movie would be crap or good because "every odd numbered trek movie is crap" shows that the majority of people actually think they do.

Hell the Return of the Shit earned gangbusters because people simply didn't abandon their childhood memories when they should have realized that the Phandom Penance showed that the Lucas of their youth was an illusion. The went because they were hoping beyond hope that the Return of the Shit would validate them in once thinking that Lucas was a genius and that finally THIS movie would be good after all. I read a guy seriously arguing in a newspaper that THIS movie would finally validate peoples faith in Lucas.

If people reacted rationally and based on previous experience the second movie should have earned about $2 at the box office as everyone would have waited to listen to word of mouth to be sure before putting down their cash. Sadly getting burned does not teach people. And I'm proud to say that the Phandom Penance was the only one of the Prequels I paid money to see. I still haven't seen the other ones as I know they are trash and I knew that before they came out.

People are desperate to see if this movie will actually be good. They are desperatly hoping that TJIS movie will validate their faith. Sadly desperation is no reason to see a movie and it means nothing to your own self worth whther a movie is good or not. I'll probably watch it at some point but the genie is well out of the bottle for me. I still have the 2 good Wars movies to watch if I want.

Holy crap you must be fun at parties.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #970 on: October 21, 2015, 10:06:53 AM

I mean, shit, it will cost me $45 for three adults to see this on Dec. 19th in a 3d theater with those nice new recliner seats. It's not exactly the same as deciding whether to buy a house or rent. A dinner at a restaurant that disappoints the three of us might run me $150 with wine and cocktails and I don't run around screaming about how I'll never eat out again.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #971 on: October 21, 2015, 10:15:17 AM

IT RAPED YOU. IT MURDERED YOUR CHILDREN!

WayAbvPar

Reply #972 on: October 21, 2015, 10:16:25 AM

$34 and change for my son and I (plus $3 convenience charge). Spendy, but worth the experience for his first SW movie in the theaters (and my first since TPM!).

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #973 on: October 21, 2015, 10:22:49 AM

I like movies. I like going to movie theaters. It means I dole out more money than the average person per year, but I enjoy it. I used to go a lot more, but I HAVE made some adjustments due to wanting to get married and buy a house.

But I stil lenjoy "event movies" in theaters. It's like church for me. Hell, we're seeing this on Opening Night and planning to see it in IMAX down in LA that weekend. But we also have Annual Passes for Universal Studios, so it's a dual purpose trip.

beer geek.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #974 on: October 21, 2015, 10:30:52 AM

I like movies. I like going to movie theaters. It means I dole out more money than the average person per year, but I enjoy it. I used to go a lot more, but I HAVE made some adjustments due to wanting to get married and buy a house.

But I stil lenjoy "event movies" in theaters. It's like church for me. Hell, we're seeing this on Opening Night and planning to see it in IMAX down in LA that weekend. But we also have Annual Passes for Universal Studios, so it's a dual purpose trip.

I'm with you and love the movie theater experience. There's just something fundamentally more fun to seeing a movie in a crowd than even a home theater, IMO.

If you go more than 3 times a month you should look at this: https://www.moviepass.com/
No 3d or IMAX but for good ol' 2d movies but it's only $30 per person. Hell of a deal if you go often, I just heard about it last week and am considering it for my wife and I. We easily spend $30 a month in prime movie season, but miss a lot we want to see due to not wanting to spend more. Seems entirely worth it.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #975 on: October 21, 2015, 02:46:23 PM

If you're going for the circus, that's fine.  Me, I'd rather wait for a week or two until it's still crowded but no longer sold out and word of mouth is available.  If it gets panned, I have no problem at all waiting for video.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #976 on: October 21, 2015, 03:57:19 PM

This confuses me.  Are you saying that expecting this movie to be good is desperate based on the previous failures? You do know Lucas had literally nothing to do with the making of this particular movie right? This is an adaptation as much as it is a sequel.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #977 on: October 21, 2015, 04:57:32 PM

Yeah, they look like the default black guy and white girl in a video game character creator. In this case I actually like it though, especially for the girl since I'm guessing there is more important shit going on than worrying about make up and a nice hair do.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #978 on: October 21, 2015, 07:37:22 PM

Yeah, they look like the default black guy and white girl in a video game character creator. In this case I actually like it though, especially for the girl since I'm guessing there is more important shit going on than worrying about make up and a nice hair do.

I already regret I said anything.  Ohhhhh, I see.

But yes, I meant the clothes mainly. Especially Mr. Black guy looks like he walked on the set with his street clothes on.

But really, it was more a random comment. I am not damning the film or so...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:39:06 PM by calapine »

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #979 on: October 23, 2015, 01:00:07 AM

The best SW movies, Lucas didn't even really write or truly devise.  ESB was only loosely drafted (barely an outline) by Lucas.  The script after the 1st draft was worked by two other writers.  SWepi4 was a flaming pile of thematic kurosawa until Lucas got serious, brought in studs to devise ILM and John Williams for the sound.  After thankfully deciding to break the story up into multiple movies.

The guy had money.  Was established in Hollywood.  And had a good idea and a good bit of luck dealing with the right people.  Thatisall.  In all honesty, James Cameron blows him away as a science-fantasy moviemaker, and has actual technical prowess.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: SW - Episode 7: Mary Sue wakes up but there's no coffee. RAGE.  
Jump to: