Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:42:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: SW - Episode 7: Mary Sue wakes up but there's no coffee. RAGE. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SW - Episode 7: Mary Sue wakes up but there's no coffee. RAGE.  (Read 303192 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #840 on: August 16, 2015, 09:42:25 AM

They're still focusing on mining nostalgia for the original trilogy rather than giving us any indication what they might be doing that's new and original beyond having a round droid.  As such I am still suspicious that this will basically be Star Wars: Into Darkness.  But at least the actual craft looks good.

I want Star Wars, if i wanted new and original i would go watch something new and original not something from the 70s.

I am the .00000001428%
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #841 on: August 16, 2015, 10:11:47 AM

They're still focusing on mining nostalgia for the original trilogy rather than giving us any indication what they might be doing that's new and original beyond having a round droid.  As such I am still suspicious that this will basically be Star Wars: Into Darkness.  But at least the actual craft looks good.

I want Star Wars, if i wanted new and original i would go watch something new and original not something from the 70s.

Each of the original Star Wars movies introduced some sort of memorable thing that hadn't been seen before -- new characters, new ideas, new parts of the universe, even just new memorable pieces of dialogue.  Jedi was the worst of the three, and it was still the one that introduced Jabba and the Emperor, two extremely enduring characters.  That's what I mean by "new and original".

The prequels generally failed at that; the best part of the prequels was pretty much seeing the same old characters again, or at least hollow imitations of them.  The "new" stuff in the prequels was generally garbage.  The Star Trek reboots were better but still mostly just stuck to recycling old shit -- oh look, it's Nimoy back as old Spock.  Oh look, it's KHAAAAAAAN.  Oh look, it's Kirk with a green girl.  Etc.

So my question for episode 7 is whether it's going to be at least as good a sequel to Jedi as Jedi was to Empire.  Which is a very fucking low bar to clear.  The trailers so far are basically 70% recycled shit, rather than teasing the exciting new stuff I should be looking forward to.  This makes me suspicious that they don't have any exciting new stuff.  But I could be wrong!

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #842 on: August 16, 2015, 10:12:16 AM

That poster looks like it's really setting up Rey for the heel turn or possibly grey jedi.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #843 on: August 17, 2015, 04:12:59 AM

Han looks like he's woken up in the middle of the night and is about to yell at the kids to get off his fucking lawn.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #844 on: August 17, 2015, 06:23:07 AM

Star Wars: Gran Tourino
Mac
Terracotta Army

Reply #845 on: August 17, 2015, 09:07:52 AM

Star Wars: Gran Tourino
If the ending is the same, this would be the better title.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #846 on: August 17, 2015, 07:31:28 PM

Finn needs to not hold that lightsaber like it's a fucking baseball bat.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #847 on: August 17, 2015, 07:41:02 PM

Posting the image so I don't have to keep going back a page, then opening another tab:

What the hell is the girl holding? It appears to have a shoulder-strap like it's supposed to be a gun, but it's taller than she is?

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #848 on: August 17, 2015, 08:01:31 PM

I'm thinking it's like a space quarterstaff or something of that sort.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #849 on: August 17, 2015, 08:28:06 PM

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #850 on: August 18, 2015, 05:05:22 PM

Vibrostaff. I see what you did there.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #851 on: August 19, 2015, 03:25:22 AM

Poster is ok, but Ford looks like he was photoshopped into it during a Something Awful contest as a joke.  He looks really out of place on there for some reason.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #852 on: August 19, 2015, 09:51:21 AM

I think that reason is 50 decades worth of age.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #853 on: August 19, 2015, 10:13:33 AM

I think that reason is 50 decades worth of age.

I think you have yourself a 'can't miss' book title there.   why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #854 on: August 19, 2015, 11:49:03 AM

She looks mightly pissed off. Easy, girl!

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #855 on: August 25, 2015, 08:53:06 PM

Vibrostaff. I see what you did there.

Looks like some sort of light-saber staff-blade to me.

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #856 on: August 25, 2015, 10:12:58 PM

It's obviously a Force Pike and does Str+2D damage.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #857 on: August 26, 2015, 07:22:13 AM

I'm pretty sure it uses a lot of D batteries.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #858 on: August 26, 2015, 03:10:32 PM

My first thought on the staff was this:

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #859 on: August 26, 2015, 04:50:56 PM

I thought it was a Tusken rifle, not a staff.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #860 on: August 26, 2015, 07:32:40 PM

So said the Tusken women.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #861 on: August 27, 2015, 01:56:43 AM

I thought it was a Tusken rifle, not a staff.

It is a staff but what's interesting is that the design of the ends is very similar to the design of Darth Maul's lightsaber. I don't think that's meant to indicate that it is a lightstaff or whatever.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #862 on: August 27, 2015, 02:01:00 AM

And while we're at it, just because:

DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #863 on: August 27, 2015, 10:51:26 AM

New teaser, with a significant spoiler for those that missed the Struzan poster from D23.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/08/27/new-force-awakens-video-reveals-who-kylo-ren-fights-in-the-snow

beer geek.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #864 on: August 27, 2015, 07:43:39 PM

In honor of the fanrage that Finn may be Jedi:
It is clear now. Obviously Finn (played by Boyega), being the illegitimate smuggler son of Solo and estranged nubian wife Sana, STOLE the lightsaber and brainwashed Rey (Daisy Ridley) with his manly, dangerous space-thuggish ways. This sets off an emperial galactic police chase, blasters blazing... wherein Finn of course dies in a hail of blasterfire when the stormtroopers mistaken his holopad's powercell for the hilt of the saber and a glint of Tatooine sunlight for it being extended. "Commander. We were just protecting ourselves from this obviously dangerous, armed Jedi."
Meanwhile, at the super-star-destroyer watercooler: "Yah, we all knew there's no way that dark one could be a Jedi. Ahahahah! Stupid liberebel scum."

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #865 on: August 27, 2015, 08:00:06 PM

Really? There's fanrage over that? I've been avoiding forums/ sites for months because I don't want shit spoiled. Finding out Finn was from the D23 poster was big enough for me to just stop looking.

Man, fuck those guys if they're really raging over it. Oh noes, our main Jedi isn't white.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #866 on: August 27, 2015, 08:16:21 PM

Can we stop a second to talk about just how hot Daisy Ridley is?

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #867 on: August 27, 2015, 08:17:51 PM

Nerds complain about everything and anything.

beer geek.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #868 on: August 27, 2015, 10:26:34 PM

So it's not just me then.  I have been wondering forever why nobody has said anything.  I thinking she is blazing hot, and the dirty Tatooine outfit isn't hurting things.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #869 on: August 28, 2015, 01:20:21 AM

Ummm...    Head scratch

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #870 on: August 28, 2015, 01:23:01 AM

Really? There's fanrage over that? I've been avoiding forums/ sites for months because I don't want shit spoiled. Finding out Finn was from the D23 poster was big enough for me to just stop looking.

His name's not really Finn, it's John Harrison.

why so serious?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #871 on: August 28, 2015, 03:40:51 AM

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #872 on: August 28, 2015, 04:13:34 AM

Man, fuck those guys if they're really raging over it. Oh noes, our main Jedi isn't white.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Dunno about fanrage, but more tongue-in-cheek commentary about police shooting black men and then shrugging it off.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #873 on: August 28, 2015, 09:39:15 AM

What irritation I've seen has been about the "spoiler" that Main Character becomes a jedi after at some point being at least dressed as a stormtrooper and in all probability helping Serious Female Supporting Character escape from a thing. In a Star Wars film. By JJ Abrams.

Which if you think about it for more than 30 seconds, is possibly even more daft than complaining that he is black.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #874 on: August 28, 2015, 09:44:54 AM

Nerds complain about everything and anything.
As evidenced ad nauseum here at f13!

I think it's quite possible that as a resourceful smuggler type he may don a stormtrooper outfit and also pick up a laser sword if he finds himself without a blaster facing some robed poof with a laser sword in the woods.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: SW - Episode 7: Mary Sue wakes up but there's no coffee. RAGE.  
Jump to: