Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:55:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: SW - Episode 7: Mary Sue wakes up but there's no coffee. RAGE. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SW - Episode 7: Mary Sue wakes up but there's no coffee. RAGE.  (Read 303138 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #665 on: April 16, 2015, 12:33:40 PM

Bigger version for your wallpaper needs.

And if you like Han and Chewie:

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 12:37:07 PM by Nevermore »

Over and out.
WayAbvPar

Reply #666 on: April 16, 2015, 12:51:29 PM

@thebrianposehn
I honestly felt nothing. I'm glad you're excited and hopeful, but George Lucas took a greasy shit in my heart a long long time ago.#dontcare

I haven't watched it yet, but I feel more inclined to agree with Posehn. The prequels so thoroughly raped and murdered my love for Star Wars that this is just another movie now. I will still see it, and I hope my son loves it, but it would have to be very special to rekindle that romance.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #667 on: April 16, 2015, 01:04:37 PM

If it helps, Lawrence Kasdan (co-writer of Empire and Return of the Jedi) is co-writer with Abrams on this installment.

Over and out.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #668 on: April 16, 2015, 01:22:48 PM

Keep it up, J.J., and you might actually make a decent hash of this.

My expectations are pretty even - Lucas teabagged his own IP and J.J.'s daliances with other people's IP has not borne anything good so far (though you can at least partially distribute the blame for the Star Trek clusterfuckage to the honking shit-bird that sits in Bob Orci's brain-pan), to the point where the two Episode VII teasers are now the sum total of 'things J.J. Abrams did that I liked' to date.

Having said that, love the Tatooine visuals and I now have a proper John Williams-on. You've been phoning it in for years, Williams. Time to get back to your best work.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #669 on: April 16, 2015, 01:23:00 PM

I hated the prequels (enough that I never even saw the 3rd one) and I'm still all-in on this.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #670 on: April 16, 2015, 01:24:31 PM

@thebrianposehn
I honestly felt nothing. I'm glad you're excited and hopeful, but George Lucas took a greasy shit in my heart a long long time ago.#dontcare

I haven't watched it yet, but I feel more inclined to agree with Posehn. The prequels so thoroughly raped and murdered my love for Star Wars that this is just another movie now. I will still see it, and I hope my son loves it, but it would have to be very special to rekindle that romance.

Don't care, still excited. Go away, I'll remain happy.   awesome, for real

I hated the prequels (enough that I never even saw the 3rd one) and I'm still all-in on this.

Yup.  Other people's need to tear-down things can't get me on this one.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #671 on: April 16, 2015, 01:31:16 PM

Yup - this is me too, except I did actually sit through the 3rd one once.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #672 on: April 16, 2015, 01:34:08 PM

The 3rd one is my son's favorite and aside from the fuckstupid of Padme dying of a broken heart it's one of the most fun. I don't hate it and think it's the best of the sequels and just below Jedi.  Try and catch it on TV when Spike runs it in a few weeks.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #673 on: April 16, 2015, 01:37:54 PM

I must say, trailer 2 actually piqued my interest a shitton more than the first teaser.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #674 on: April 16, 2015, 01:42:05 PM

Fiancee is a Harrison Ford fan, showed her the end of the trailer. She looked at my crotch. I hid my nerd boner. But she knew.

The crashed ships, the Vader mask. Yes.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #675 on: April 16, 2015, 01:44:31 PM

I still expect this to be a shallow husk of Star Wars much like what happened with Star Trek (lots of homage to Star Wars' most famous hooks, but no substance)... but I gotta admit I am now almost sure to see this in a theater.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #676 on: April 16, 2015, 01:49:56 PM

Fiancee is a Harrison Ford fan, showed her the end of the trailer. She looked at my crotch. I hid my nerd boner. But she knew.

Then?? What happened?? You can't leave us with a cliffhanger like that!  why so serious?

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #677 on: April 16, 2015, 01:50:17 PM

That was pure button pushing that trailer.

And I don't care.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #678 on: April 16, 2015, 01:50:55 PM

I must say, trailer 2 actually piqued my interest a shitton more than the first teaser.

I don't trust how heavily it's banking on nostalgia from the OT to get me excited.  It suggests they might not be bringing anything new to the table that's worth getting excited about.

I guess just regurgitating the OT is a step up from the prequels, in the sense that vomit is a step up from crap.   awesome, for real

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #679 on: April 16, 2015, 01:56:30 PM

Did you want a whole new story set in the SW mythos with nothing tying back to the OT?

beer geek.
WayAbvPar

Reply #680 on: April 16, 2015, 01:59:17 PM

The 3rd one is my son's favorite and aside from the fuckstupid of Padme dying of a broken heart it's one of the most fun. I don't hate it and think it's the best of the sequels and just below Jedi.  Try and catch it on TV when Spike runs it in a few weeks.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #681 on: April 16, 2015, 02:04:38 PM

Lucas did more damage with the fucking constant "reworking" of the original movies than he did with the prequels for me. I watch the prequels and say "meh", I can't watch the original movies ever again because they have been reworked so much.

Of course, I am not really mega geek about any of this stuff.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #682 on: April 16, 2015, 02:05:41 PM

SWEET MOTHER MARY!
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #683 on: April 16, 2015, 02:07:10 PM

Having said that, love the Tatooine visuals

It's a new desert planet called Jakku.

Also, the silver Stormtrooper is Gwendoline Christie's character.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #684 on: April 16, 2015, 02:12:55 PM

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #685 on: April 16, 2015, 02:21:53 PM

Did you want a whole new story set in the SW mythos with nothing tying back to the OT?

I'd like a story that ties back to the OT but is also capable of standing on its own.  If it's just going to be two hours of "hey, remember the Millennium Falcon?  Look, here it is!  And Harrison Ford is in it!" I'd rather just watch the OT again.  I don't know for certain yet that that's what this movie is going to be, but if the trailers are any indication I'll probably be happier catching it on Netflix.

But some people liked Into Darkness, so there's no accounting for taste.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #686 on: April 16, 2015, 02:26:50 PM

/darth-vader-nooooo.jpg

Oh right. That scene, too. I got what it was going for, but that whole moment ruined it.  That said, without the goddamn Noooo it was still better than "dying of a broken heart."

Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #687 on: April 16, 2015, 02:27:47 PM

Between Avengers 2 and the REALLY of Terminator: Genisys, I think I've seen enough Star Wars trailers. I'm sold.

It would be insulting to call this film merely serviceable to the franchise. I think it will deliver. Maybe some Fridge Logic after viewing but Disney knows how important the success of this film is to their bottom line.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #688 on: April 16, 2015, 02:29:43 PM

The brand is strong enough that it'll be a financial success even if it's worse than the prequels.  People will watch it, bitch about how much they hated it, and then watch it three more times in the theater.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #689 on: April 16, 2015, 02:33:06 PM

Into Darkness was the best Star Trek anything ever.

edit: though the one where they went back to the drunk inventor of the warp drive wasn't bad, if you ignore Reading Rainbow and the child molesting #2.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #690 on: April 16, 2015, 03:09:59 PM

Seems alright I guess.  I'll watch it of course. They deserve a chance to make up for the prequels.  But if it sucks I'm out on all the new Star Wars stuff. 
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #691 on: April 16, 2015, 04:13:04 PM

Based on the masked Sith and what I've read about KOTOR and the Canon review, I see Bioware's work strongly influencing the film. Whether it's Notable Lore Character A or B revealed in the first or second film, who knows.

The monomyth Joseph Campbell outlined which Star Wars drew significant influence from appears to be making a comeback with another Skywalker tale. I wouldn't be surprised if the film calls attention to this.

Also: Stormtrooper with a flamethrower? Seriously?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #692 on: April 16, 2015, 05:33:46 PM

I had the same thought.  Maybe the flamethrower has little lightsabers that pop out of the nozzle.
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #693 on: April 16, 2015, 05:46:59 PM

And why does the masked Sith appear twice? These were a rush job?
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #694 on: April 16, 2015, 06:19:32 PM

Just a trailer, but more instantly memorable visuals than all the prequels combined.  I am almost convinced this movie will not start in a conference room.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #695 on: April 16, 2015, 06:30:53 PM

Just this shot is better than all the prequels.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #696 on: April 16, 2015, 06:39:57 PM

That's because it is actual dudes in suits instead of CG fake looking garbage.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:43:02 PM by Malakili »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #697 on: April 16, 2015, 07:38:08 PM

That's a very McQuarrie-inspired matte painting behind those Clone troopers, too, instead of a CGI backscape. Even if it is a digital matte it's better than the faux occlusion of CGI.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #698 on: April 16, 2015, 08:54:02 PM

I saw several of the originals, painted on shower glass doors.  Still amazing and accurate.

Edit:  trailer also awesome
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #699 on: April 16, 2015, 09:10:06 PM

I had the same thought.  Maybe the flamethrower has little lightsabers that pop out of the nozzle.

I figured they'd have a scene where they flamethrow a whole bunch of Ewoks...and Gungan...and the nerds can cheer.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: SW - Episode 7: Mary Sue wakes up but there's no coffee. RAGE.  
Jump to: