Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:50:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Rubicon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rubicon  (Read 2877 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

on: July 19, 2010, 07:50:57 AM

Not every conspiracy is a theory...

Just caught the pilot for this on iTunes. It looks... deep.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 09:31:02 AM

I watched the pilot episode on that sneak preview they did after the Breaking Bad season finale. I liked it well enough to watch it when it comes out.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 11:54:32 PM

I caught it when they replayed it tonight, and it was pretty damn good. I'm glad the only decent actor from The Pacific got a lead role in something that hopefully turn into something big.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Boedha
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 01:42:34 PM

Anyone watched this season? I'm just finishing it, and so far I really like it!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 02:18:35 PM

It was one of the smartest shows I've seen in a long time. It's like David Mamet and Stanley Kubrick's films had a baby that was a spy thriller.

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 02:52:53 PM

I loved it up until the last episode or 2. Then it just kinda fell apart for me. Rumor mill has the writers knowing they weren't getting picked up for a second season and just trying to tie up as many loose ends as possible. The last episode especially just wasn't that good. I about jumped through the TV and started punching during the park scene with the DVD. Also, the way they finished his neighbor's story line looked like something they made up over donuts and coffee that morning.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 02:58:55 PM

Wait, it didn't get picked up for a second season?  ACK!

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 02:59:33 PM

Ah, so they aren't being picked up? Well I'm kind of glad I missed a few episodes early-mid season and quit watching.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Boedha
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 04:11:27 PM

Wait, it didn't get picked up for a second season?  ACK!

Damn, just finished the finale. I really enjoyed this show, even though I agree with Brogarn's comments about the finale. As HaemishM said one of the smartest shows in a while. It all fit well together too, the acting, feel, editing, it presented one coherent image.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 05:32:51 PM

Wait, it didn't get picked up for a second season?  ACK!

That's what I read ... err ... somewhere that I'm not finding now. So, take that with a bit of salt. I do know the ratings were abysmal, though. So, when I read that, I bought it completely. It's possible I'm completely wrong now that I'm searching around a bit.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:36:12 PM by Brogarn »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 07:15:11 AM

It hasn't yet been renewed but no word about whether it's been shitcanned according to the Futon Critic.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 08:17:14 AM

Of course the ratings were abysmal. The show was smart, well written and twisty. Way too complicated for 90% of the TV watching public who are content to stare slack-jawed at Jersey Shore and American Fucking Idol.

Edited because I was hopped up on painkillers when I wrote the reply the first time.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:59:34 AM by Surlyboi »

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 12:43:28 PM

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 05:45:19 PM

Rubican't.

Sad to see this go.  It felt very realistic with believable characters and situations.  Great acting but maybe needed just a bit more...something.  Hope all of these great actors find good work again.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Rubicon  
Jump to: