Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:25:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Pontypool 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pontypool  (Read 2329 times)
waffel
Terracotta Army

on: May 30, 2009, 10:06:09 AM

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/pontypool/

Shock jock Grant Mazzy has, once again, been kicked-off the Big City airwaves and now the only job he can get is the early morning show at CLSY Radio in the small town of Pontypool which broadcasts from the basement of the small town’s only church. What begins as another boring day of school bus cancellations, due to yet another massive snow storm, quickly turns deadly. Bizarre reports start piling in of people developing strange speech patterns and evoking horrendous acts of violence. But there’s nothing coming in on the news wires. So… is this really happening?

Anyone else excited about this horror/thriller/zombie film? Supposed to be an interesting take on the whole zombie genre.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 10:57:05 AM

Saw the trailer a few days ago. I want to see this, the missus probably won't but I dig me a good spin on a zombie flick.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 10:14:08 PM

The minute I saw the name I recognized the town and googled it. It's actually based off a Canadian town. Weird shit. That town is disgustingly small.

Movie seems pretty interesting too.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 03:43:39 AM

Sounds and looks too much like that shite 'Cell'.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 11:44:52 AM

The Cell was audiovisual ass.

This is a zombie movie.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 12:04:42 AM

The minute I saw the name I recognized the town and googled it. It's actually based off a Canadian town. Weird shit. That town is disgustingly small.

Movie seems pretty interesting too.

The original town isn't that much to speak of either.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 03:37:54 AM

The Cell was audiovisual ass.

This is a zombie movie.

I meant the Stephen King novel.  Which was a zombie book.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 11:33:55 AM

I read the title as panypool.

Imagine my surprise.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 03:50:23 PM

Netflix has this available for streaming currently... For the obvious low budgetness of the film it was darn good.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 11:34:12 PM

Thread necro to say I just saw this on Netflix and it was awesome.

For bonus points, I watched it in a darkened, empty, locked laundromat (waiting for my clothes to dry).  You know it was a good movie because I'm a little scared to walk to my car now on the off chance that somebody out there will start repeating a word over and over.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Pontypool  
Jump to: