Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Signup Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Signup Thread  (Read 55612 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #140 on: February 03, 2013, 09:15:11 PM

The word I heard is the lore people at GW can't decide if they want to allow them or not For Real, so they're in limbo.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: February 03, 2013, 09:59:10 PM

Yeah, I never played the game at the table but the roster looks interesting and I am a sucker for 'unusual' teams - I was sad they didn't get into Chaos Version.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: February 04, 2013, 02:31:44 AM

Question, do I have to buy the new edition or will the edition I have work?

Hic sunt dracones.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: February 04, 2013, 02:34:54 AM

Question, do I have to buy the new edition or will the edition I have work?

Edition you have will work.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: February 04, 2013, 02:41:16 AM

Ok thanks.

Still hmming about my team. The thought of having a full halfling team with all the trimmings at 1000 tv is attractive, but I know its probably better to go with the wood elves for elf bullshit.

Hic sunt dracones.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #145 on: February 04, 2013, 03:03:10 AM

Ok thanks.

Still hmming about my team. The thought of having a full halfling team with all the trimmings at 1000 tv is attractive, but I know its probably better to go with the wood elves for elf bullshit.
If you go Halflings you don't want them to be 1000 TV, you want them to be 650 or so max. That way you are guaranteed to be fielding three treemen per match (your two plus the mercenary one) and probably Morg as well as a wizard and a chef.

Fire any Halflings who level up unless they get doubles or stat-ups. Just keep one with the Kick skill. Level 2 Halflings add the same TV as an Elf so they will bloat your roster massively.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: February 04, 2013, 05:52:59 AM

Yeah, what IainC said.  'Flings aren't meant to be a powerhouse team.  Only settle for doubles, always ensure you can buy the Treeman Star Player and Halfling Chef, and never leave a 'fling in a tackle zone.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #147 on: February 04, 2013, 06:19:53 AM

Alive not Dead have applied  DRILLING AND MANLINESS awesome, for real Heart
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #148 on: February 04, 2013, 08:22:19 AM

f13 Ranking update coming in a few hours.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: February 04, 2013, 11:05:56 AM

If serious about halflings :

9x Halfling
2x Treeman
1x Reroll

Once your first match is set you can buy an extra halfling if you are playing a high TV team. You'll want to stick with 9 if paired against a 990tv or less side so you can still afford a chef and the tree star player.

You are basically playing as inducements so your TV has to stay below about 700.

You don't need an apothecary since you don't care about your players (maybe in a division of 1400+TV teams you can rethink this if you also have a level 3 treeman somehow). You don't need more than one reroll as you will always have the chef, again maybe you can take a second if your division is all high TV - but this season I think every division will start out with a couple of sub 1200 teams.

Stat ups : take Kick on one 'fling, and maybe you can justify Guard on a double, or +AGI. You should probably fire all other level 2 'flings, but if you get attached to one you could give him diving tackle or sidestep or something. On the Trees you can take break tackle I guess, or block on a double, fire any tree that doesn't have block by level 3 (HAHAHA your tree won't reach level 3). Don't take STR on 'flings (too expensive) or trees (wtf do you need STR 7 for?), don't take AGI or MV on a tree either.

Always buy a chef (100k), almost always buy Deeproot Strongbranch, most games you can also afford Morg or Zara.

Most of all, don't expect to win and play knowing that even a draw will be a mortifying embarrassment to whomever you are playing.

PS. Also, read the rules on throwing players.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #150 on: February 04, 2013, 11:22:42 AM

PPS Don't play halflings. It is not going to make you hate the game less.

If I can go against the grain here for a minute, I really don't understand why you're playing again, SirT. It seems evident you've been miserable every season so far, I don't understand why you'd put yourself through it again.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: February 04, 2013, 11:58:22 AM

Leave the grain alone!
Also, some people are artists and Misery is their muse. Sir T is really good at what he does.

And, the Ranking is updated.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: February 04, 2013, 12:14:05 PM

And, the Ranking is updated.

Just not the thread? 
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: February 04, 2013, 12:23:26 PM

The thread too! (now)

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: February 04, 2013, 01:32:03 PM

The G6 Crew has officially applied to the Season 7 League. 

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: February 04, 2013, 01:41:41 PM

Applied with Power Team Volcano
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #156 on: February 04, 2013, 05:42:44 PM

What's the deadline for the sign up?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #157 on: February 04, 2013, 05:50:42 PM

What's the deadline for the sign up?

Sign up by Feb 10th so that I have time to do the seeding and pre-season video. That gives you till the weekend to get all your Feeder League farming done.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: February 04, 2013, 05:58:12 PM

Perfect, flying off on 10th anyway.   Heart

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: February 05, 2013, 02:21:05 AM

I confirm I'll be in Miami (  swamp poop ) from 14th to 28th. Any "slight delay" on the start date would be appreciated.

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: February 05, 2013, 07:16:41 AM

I'm officially in with my high elves, last seen in the S5 failoffs.  I will try to get some feeder games in with my other teams so I remember how to play this game.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #161 on: February 05, 2013, 08:01:42 AM

In with my vermin.

z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: February 05, 2013, 03:31:09 PM

I'd like to join if there is room.  I'm from Qt3 forums!   this guy looks legit
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: February 05, 2013, 03:56:03 PM

If you guys would like to let him in I can step out.

Hic sunt dracones.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: February 05, 2013, 06:53:20 PM

Anyone who is playing goblins or underworld for the first time don't forget to check my guides above in the stickies!
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: February 05, 2013, 08:11:11 PM

The amount of bash in this league makes me feel regretful of taking AG3 team with middling AV n STR.
Ah well. Too late to switch to High Elf or Bashy.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #166 on: February 05, 2013, 08:58:26 PM

14 bash-ish teams (and that's if you include the Lizard players) I think, at a rough count. So about a 1/3, tipping slightly higher. Sounds about right if you take into account the bash/dash/mash break-up of teams in the game. It'll be curious to see how the whole thing pans out, what with all the new teams pouring in.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Azira
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: February 05, 2013, 10:39:03 PM

Is it too late to change my team? I would be exchanging the Norse for another race, but it would still be a brand new (unless I manage to get some feeder league matches going) team.
Only, in my first feeder league match I sustained two deaths (one was rerolled to -1MA for a blitzer) and two "misses next game", so I'm pretty gimped at the moment.
If it's not OK to switch races, I'll just re-purchase my Norse team as it was before the Massacre..
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #168 on: February 05, 2013, 10:42:58 PM

Is it too late to change my team? I would be exchanging the Norse for another race, but it would still be a brand new (unless I manage to get some feeder league matches going) team.
Only, in my first feeder league match I sustained two deaths (one was rerolled to -1MA for a blitzer) and two "misses next game", so I'm pretty gimped at the moment.
If it's not OK to switch races, I'll just re-purchase my Norse team as it was before the Massacre..

I think it'll be fine to switch teams up to the last minute as long as they meet the original requirements in the first post.

Your only problems is getting them into the Feeder league for those critical early games prior applying for Season 7.

So make more teams and apply for the Feeder League, gogogo!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS awesome, for real
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: February 05, 2013, 10:43:58 PM

Do you count underworld and goblins and chaos dwarves as bash? Because they all can be but aren't necessarily. Plus, like Norse, they also have a lot of fragile players too. So do lizards.

It's only when you're up against dwarves, chaos, etc without claw that you're really worried.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: February 05, 2013, 11:09:27 PM

Atleast it wasn't the first game of the league season  awesome, for real
Azira
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: February 05, 2013, 11:19:03 PM

True dat. Well, now I've made an orc team instead. They should be less fragile, and while I'll probably still lose, I hope they survive better. I see the team has now been accepted into the feeder league. awesome, for real
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:39:39 AM by Azira »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #172 on: February 06, 2013, 09:00:09 AM

Ok, my computer has arrived in Poland, and it somehow survived without having all the parts stolen or being shattered into little buts during transit.  Applied for the league with my trusty wood elves.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Azira
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: February 06, 2013, 10:48:37 AM

Ok, my computer has arrived in Poland, and it somehow survived without having all the parts stolen or being shattered into little buts during transit.  Applied for the league with my trusty wood elves.

Since I'm a total newcomer and still quite hopeless at the game, I'm quite willing to cede my place in the tournament to more seasoned players, such as Teleku here.  cool
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #174 on: February 06, 2013, 11:32:21 AM

Woops, I missed the post saying we hit the limit already.  While I only delayed applying this long because my PC was in transit for over 3 weeks, I really don't want to be a dick and knock somebody else out.   undecided

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Signup Thread  
Jump to: