Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:20:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 121 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  (Read 958280 times)
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #2275 on: July 06, 2015, 04:31:24 PM

This is almost too good to be true, but apparently his WIFE is the VP of Marketing:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12913-Meet-Sandi-Gardiner

Prior to this position she was a model/actress. Totally qualified, no doubt!
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #2276 on: July 06, 2015, 04:52:15 PM

It's like Sigil and 38 had a baby, and now it's all grown up.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
schild
Administrator

Reply #2277 on: July 06, 2015, 04:52:44 PM

No one exists to "cancel" it.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2278 on: July 06, 2015, 04:53:29 PM

I mean, none of this should shock anyone. That people gave it money to begin with was shocking to me. Now look where we are. A non-existent game with more economic viability than Greece.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2279 on: July 06, 2015, 04:54:01 PM

"Actress"

Waitresses give her a run for the credits list she's got. Two of the "known for" appearances are as herself in her husbands hype series. The rest look like uncredited parts or filler one line roles.
http://m.imdb.com/name/nm1667407/

Man this game has everything. Ponzi-esk funding strategy, nepotism, crazy blind faith type customers, ridiculous scope, blown out release schedule.

Any other industry on the planet would cancel the fuck out of this thing.

Any other industry has to deal with adults rather than introverted adult- children and teens.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #2280 on: July 06, 2015, 05:00:08 PM

Apparently if you mention anything about hiring his wife/brother on their forum it's an instant ban.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2281 on: July 06, 2015, 07:51:22 PM

I actually think any industry on this planet would envy the whole thing. As long as they didn't plan to be in business ten years later. Certainly every grifter on the planet is looking on this with awe and admiration and tender love.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2282 on: July 06, 2015, 08:28:50 PM

I'll also say that I only payed forty dollars for the game and alpha access. Every dime after that I consider payment rendered for getting to watch the fascinating process of a game getting made.

This is truly the saddest form of rationalization. This is the same thing Broken Age backers said - I'm funding a fascinating documentary! (The documentary was super boring and also eventually free...)

These people fund a game, then at some point they realize the game isn't what they imagined, but rather than just admit it they retroactively fit on another reason they spent money. It's like buying meat, finding out it's spoiled, then claiming what you really bought was the colorful packaging plus now you've learned a valuable lesson about spoilage.

The process here isn't fascinating at all, beyond how they've been able to manipulate people for money by making outlandish promises. But that's less game making and more scheming.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2283 on: July 06, 2015, 11:40:17 PM

As VP of Marketing (although I’m not sure about the title VP as it stands for Vice-President and there isn’t anyone above me in the Marketing Department)

Yes, this woman seems supremely qualified for a corporate job.  awesome, for real
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2284 on: July 06, 2015, 11:45:15 PM

At least he didn't place her in a department that actually has to do anything.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2285 on: July 07, 2015, 12:06:12 AM

This is almost too good to be true, but apparently his WIFE is the VP of Marketing:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12913-Meet-Sandi-Gardiner

Prior to this position she was a model/actress. Totally qualified, no doubt!

Good Lord. Facepalm

"She is of Philippine, Chinese, Native American (mother) and Welsh, English (father) descent."  What?  No Italian, Spanish, Korean or Jamaican?  How about Mongolian?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1667407/  

This is going to be so fun to watch.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2286 on: July 07, 2015, 12:19:12 AM

Apparently if you mention anything about hiring his wife/brother on their forum it's an instant ban.

Asking if Chris and Sandi are married also seems to be frowned upon by the mods.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2287 on: July 07, 2015, 01:29:23 AM

This is the most irrelevant piece of information ever, but it doesn't seem so easy to find out if they are married or not. So basically, if it isn't mentioned anywhere, why are people speculating they are to begin with? Just a rumor?

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #2288 on: July 07, 2015, 01:45:03 AM

As VP of Marketing (although I’m not sure about the title VP as it stands for Vice-President and there isn’t anyone above me in the Marketing Department)

Yes, this woman seems supremely qualified for a corporate job.  awesome, for real

If that comment is for real, then there isn't a facepalm big enough respond with.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2289 on: July 07, 2015, 01:54:19 AM

Its a quote from their offical website. If they made that up because they think its cute thats bad marketing and even worse. Hope the president of Marketing doesn't get wind of this.  awesome, for real
croaker69
Terracotta Army

Reply #2290 on: July 07, 2015, 04:26:37 AM

I also lol'd reading that. So you're saying you don't understand standard corporate hierarchy and now you're at the top of one. Gold.

What may at first appear to be an insurmountable obstacle will in time be seen for what it really is: an impenetrable barrier.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2291 on: July 07, 2015, 10:00:31 AM

Amazing.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2292 on: July 07, 2015, 11:15:47 AM

I also lol'd reading that. So you're saying you don't understand standard corporate hierarchy and now you're at the top of one. Gold.

Yeah, I couldn't read beyond that line. I'm sure all the people who are now under her just LOVE that she can't figure out why she has the title. Maybe she was trying to be "cute" but it really just came off as fucking clueless. I think Curt Schilling is going to have to go loan shopping. He's too competitive to let this much of a fuckup go unchallenged.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2293 on: July 07, 2015, 11:17:39 AM

And again...
EDIT BY SCHILD: DON'T LINK TO THIS WASTE OF OXYGEN.

My article which I wrote, was a result of my observation that there is another industry disaster brewing, and which is, once again, going to not only cast the industry in a poor light if we didn’t do something, but which threatens to make it that much harder for the inbound generation to find their footing, because a bunch of people who came before, pretty much made it FUBAR.

And during my research for the piece, and for which I have hundreds of web articles, forum posts etc in an Evernote notepad, I came across a lot of things that I wasn’t even aware of. And once the article went live, I started hearing from all kinds of people in media, game development, gamers etc. And the more I read, the more I came to the realization that my article, which was merely a technical wake-up call of sorts, hadn’t even touched the tip of the iceberg. Which is why I am adding this next paragraph.

If you feel that you have been misled when you backed the Star Citizen project after Oct, 2012, and you want a chance to get your money back, the FTC has setup a special department that deals with crowd-funding complaints. You can fill out this form. Then select “Internet services, online shopping, or computers” then “Online shopping”. You can read more about that over here.

Cloud Imperium, LLC
9255 Sunset Blvd STE 803
West Hollywood, CA 90069
http://robertsspaceindustries.com
ir@cloudimperiumgames.com

awesome, for real

Also, that VP of Marketing thing is just fantastic.  I mean, really, just great.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:56:02 PM by schild »
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2294 on: July 07, 2015, 12:19:26 PM

Maybe Roberts can get a job at the Pentagon designing military equipment.  I think he'd fit right in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=225&v=aXQ2lO3ieBA
justdave
Terracotta Army

Reply #2295 on: July 07, 2015, 02:33:15 PM

And again...

My article which I wrote, was a result of my observation that there is another industry disaster brewing, and which is, once again, going to not only cast the industry in a poor light if we didn’t do something, but which threatens to make it that much harder for the inbound generation to find their footing, because a bunch of people who came before, pretty much made it FUBAR.

And during my research for the piece, and for which I have hundreds of web articles, forum posts etc in an Evernote notepad, I came across a lot of things that I wasn’t even aware of. And once the article went live, I started hearing from all kinds of people in media, game development, gamers etc. And the more I read, the more I came to the realization that my article, which was merely a technical wake-up call of sorts, hadn’t even touched the tip of the iceberg. Which is why I am adding this next paragraph.

If you feel that you have been misled when you backed the Star Citizen project after Oct, 2012, and you want a chance to get your money back, the FTC has setup a special department that deals with crowd-funding complaints. You can fill out this form. Then select “Internet services, online shopping, or computers” then “Online shopping”. You can read more about that over here.

Cloud Imperium, LLC
9255 Sunset Blvd STE 803
West Hollywood, CA 90069
http://robertsspaceindustries.com
ir@cloudimperiumgames.com

awesome, for real

Also, that VP of Marketing thing is just fantastic.  I mean, really, just great.

Is it racist if I say 'pot, kettle, black' too loudly in response to that?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:56:10 PM by schild »

"They started to resist with a crust that was welded with human brain and willpower."
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #2296 on: July 07, 2015, 06:42:56 PM

Ðerek Smart has another long rambling missive on facebook and it is pretty good.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #2297 on: July 07, 2015, 08:19:24 PM

Also why do we word filter his name it's like the year of our lord 2015 not 1997 or some fucking shit where he could find us searching for his own name

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2298 on: July 07, 2015, 08:30:10 PM

Cause he has Google Alerts turned on for his name.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2299 on: July 07, 2015, 08:56:26 PM

And because he is human trash. The waste product of misspent DNA.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2300 on: July 07, 2015, 09:58:24 PM

But...he has a TESLA!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2301 on: July 08, 2015, 01:31:56 AM

If I am reading this right, he issued an ultimatum to Chris Roberts, with a deadline. Failing to meet his requests will unleash to the media an open letter with the dirty secret truth about Star Citizen, which according to Smart should interest the US Federal Trade Commission.

EDIT: He claims it's worse than 38 Studios.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:40:38 AM by Falconeer »

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2302 on: July 08, 2015, 03:36:06 AM

If people at to look at the dark ones blog indirectly you can look at this article which uses part of his points to talk about what they call legitimate issues.

http://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-will-never-get-made

Also the Star Citizen Reddit is quite vocal at the moment, quite amusingly so in fact.  this guy looks legit

Hic sunt dracones.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #2303 on: July 08, 2015, 04:01:57 AM

Once you get past the self promotion of the rest of his blog about how awesome he and his games have been, he does have a lot of valid points about Star Citizen.  I'm willing to bet his MMO will be released and have more people actually playing it than SC ever will, which is really kind of  ACK!.

Well he has put the 10,000 hours in that are needed - at least according to Malcolm Gladwell - to make you be great at what you do. Well it only made him be somewhat less shitty at his job than when he started so maybe Gladwells theory needs some additional work. It made him more competent than Chris Roberts when it comes to actually release games though, which is a scary thought.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #2304 on: July 08, 2015, 04:06:03 AM

This is almost too good to be true, but apparently his WIFE is the VP of Marketing: Prior to this position she was a model/actress. Totally qualified, no doubt!

You wouldn't believe just how common it is for small or medium sized businesses to employ the wife or girlfriend (or mistress) of the President as the person responsible for marketing or human resources.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #2305 on: July 08, 2015, 04:07:24 AM

You are vice president because you are one rung below the president of the company you stupid dolt!
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #2306 on: July 08, 2015, 04:10:03 AM

EDIT: He claims it's worse than 38 Studios.

Which wouldn't suprise me at all.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #2307 on: July 08, 2015, 04:21:25 AM

Yeah 38 studios, didn't get enough money to make a game and then didn't make a game. It wasn't any kind of surprise to the people watching. It only blew up because of public money being thrown at a celebrity, some shitty treatment on employees around the time that the money ran out and Curt Schillings breathtaking hypocrisy. SC on the other hand has had far more money than they needed to make the game they (initially) pitched and still haven't made it.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #2308 on: July 08, 2015, 07:32:01 AM

I didn't realize the kickstarter was 2 years ago already
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2309 on: July 08, 2015, 07:38:39 AM

Way closer to three years ago. Kickstarter ended (raising 2.1M) on November 2012.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 121 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  
Jump to: