Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:13:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 5.1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 5.1  (Read 36806 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 09:00:23 PM

None of the in game stuff suggests people get "re-killed"  one guy goes off and tries to build his own forsaken with elbows but you only kill him cause he's starting an army to take over.  Other than that, people are just left to go do whatever.

I'd have to play through the new newbie again (it's been over a year, I think), but I am pretty sure when you first chitchat with freshly risen dudes, it's implied that if they don't join up, they're going to get killed later because Sylvanas don't take kindly to people wandering off to do their own thing. Grant you the people who say no to the Glorious Leader all wind up being assholes in their own way so you don't feel bad killing 'em, but I kinda felt more like that was so the player doesn't hate themselves.

God Save the Horn Players
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 09:15:23 PM

This thread just isn't the same without WUA.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 09:23:18 PM

Haha, I thought the same thing to myself. Ah well.

I'll stop now, I promise, so someone else can have the last word if they want.  Heart

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 17, 2012, 03:22:53 AM

So apparently the Black Temple bit is all part of a new epic quest chain just so that Warlocks can get their green fucking fire.  Lame.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 06:18:53 AM

So apparently the Black Temple bit is all part of a new epic quest chain just so that Warlocks can get their green fucking fire.  Lame.

About fucking time.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

And yeah, the Forsaken are totally anti-humanity. Quests aside, one of their random greetings is "Death to the Living" and there's only so many ways to interpret that. Also, the reason the Forsaken were helping the Blood Elves is in the quests - it's because of Dar'Khan being a common enemy who was hated by Sylvanas as much as she hated Arthas. The manga books did make him out to be more of a threat than just an elite level 20 mob though. He really should have been the last boss of Magisters Terrace instead of Kael'thas.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 24, 2012, 04:36:35 AM

Notes updated.  A couple highlights for the old schoolers:

- They added battle pets to drop from old raid bosses (Molten Core, AQ, Naxx, Blackwing).  Even went so far as to add a achieve for collecting them all.
- To compensate for the new drive of wanting to hit the old raids, you no longer need to be in a raid group to enter pre-MoP raids.

Rep grinding here I come  awesome, for real

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 24, 2012, 04:41:10 AM

Hmm... soloing MC/AQ should be fairly simple at this point. In BWL Razorgore and Vael can be 'interesting', but I'm sure someone has already done it. They've added battle pets to WOTLK-Naxx instead of Vanilla-Naxx, right? It's probably still soloable with something like a blood dk (well, I'm not sure about Razuvious).

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 24, 2012, 04:44:02 AM

Razorgore is soloable with certain trinkets that make you untargetable by the adds that spawn while doing the control thing.  Otherwise don't bother.  I wish they 'would' address those things if they're going to do stuff like this (the first boss of Black Temple also comes to mind, also Twin Emps in AQ-40 lol), but maybe enough complaints when people start going after those pets will bring about change.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #43 on: October 24, 2012, 04:49:38 AM

Notes updated.  A couple highlights for the old schoolers:

- They added battle pets to drop from old raid bosses (Molten Core, AQ, Naxx, Blackwing).  Even went so far as to add a achieve for collecting them all.
- To compensate for the new drive of wanting to hit the old raids, you no longer need to be in a raid group to enter pre-MoP raids.

Rep grinding here I come  awesome, for real
We talking all preMOP raids or just vanilla ones? I'd like to farm up a full set of Tier 4 for a few of my characters.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 24, 2012, 04:50:59 AM

All.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #45 on: October 24, 2012, 05:32:54 AM

Awesome.  These should all be duoable at least, even Vael with his "Only" 3 minutes.  You get the DPS buff and he only has 6 mil HP.  The level 90 rares have 3mil and you can kill them in less than 3 min solo.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #46 on: October 24, 2012, 10:11:42 AM

As a tank-class you can probably solo nearly anything.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 24, 2012, 10:37:29 AM

There are still a few fights in each expansion that are impossible to solo (even as a tank). RoS in BT and anything with a second phased area really. Everything short of RoS can be done with 2 though.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #48 on: October 24, 2012, 11:24:06 AM

Twin Emperors is presumably still not soloable too.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 24, 2012, 11:26:46 AM

If you can out DPS their 30k HPS, you can do it  why so serious?

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 24, 2012, 11:29:22 AM

It's about damn time.  No more having to find some poor sap to group with so I can get in to the instances.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 24, 2012, 11:31:39 AM

If you can out DPS their 30k HPS, you can do it  why so serious?

That should be pretty easy at 90. Most classes can push 50-60k pretty easily in heroic 5-man gear, but everyone should be able to do at least 35k. I've found on my monk, only the wrath content and up actually puts out enough damage to require a tank spec. Anything before that just feels slow as a tank spec because you barely get any vengeance.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #52 on: October 24, 2012, 03:03:07 PM

Ingmaaaaar, want to duo all these old raids with meeeee?  Heart

Congratulations, Blizzard, you found a way to get me to go into old raids that aren't Karazhan.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #53 on: October 24, 2012, 03:03:30 PM

Does he have a choice?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #54 on: October 24, 2012, 03:09:56 PM

He does, believe it or not!

He still needs a full set of the Ulduar-tier warrior armor anyway. :P

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 24, 2012, 03:39:24 PM

And the Giant Gnome Headocopter, right?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #56 on: October 24, 2012, 03:53:13 PM

I dunno if he wants that or not, it's never done it for me, though.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 24, 2012, 04:23:01 PM

Giggity?

dalien
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: October 24, 2012, 05:15:15 PM

MMO Champ has a datamined list of the new pets, here it is along with my speculation on where said pets may drop:

Anubisath Idol - summons Anubisath Idol (AQ40 - ?)
Core of Hardened Ash - summons Ashstone Core (MC - ?)
Whistle of Chromatic Bone - summons Chrominius (BWL - Chromaggus)
Blazing Rune - summons Corefire Imp (MC - ?)
Blackwing Banner - summons Death Talon Whelpguard (BWL - ?)
Blighted Spore - summons Fungal Abomination (Naxx - Loatheb)
Dusty Clutch of Eggs - summons Giant Bone Spider (Naxx - Maexxna)
Mark of Flame - summons Harbinger of Flame (MC - Sulfuron Harbinger)
Jewel of Maddening Whispers - summons Mini Mindslayer (AQ40 - C'thun)
Mr. Bigglesworth's Frigid Collar - summons Mr. Bigglesworth (Naxx - Kel'Thuzad)
Gluth's Bone - summons Stitched Pup (Naxx - Gluth)
Unscathed Egg - summons Untamed Hatchling (BWL - ?)
Viscidus Globule - summons Viscidus Globule (AQ40 - Viscidus)

Hopefully I'll have time to hop on PTR tonight and run some of these to fill out the list.  Even more hopefully they'll change bosses like Razorgore, Viscidus, Twin Emps, etc. to be soloable (doubtful, but I can dream!).
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 25, 2012, 04:07:02 AM

Lesser Elder coins are being converted to a currency in 5.1 instead of being an inventory hog.  So, instead of 1200+ useless coins taking up my bank, now it'll just be a useless stat on my currency sheet.  I suppose that's better than nothing  Ohhhhh, I see.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #60 on: October 25, 2012, 05:30:44 AM

It's a lot better than nothing since they and vegetables are 90% of my inventory right now.  The best way to help people out would be to convert vegetables to currency.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 25, 2012, 10:09:51 AM

It's a lot better than nothing since they and vegetables are 90% of my inventory right now.  The best way to help people out would be to outright steal GW2's raw material bank thingy
That's what you meant to say, right?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #62 on: October 25, 2012, 10:28:48 AM

Especially if they outright stole the whole "dump it directly into your vault from anywhere" part, although that is negotiable.

They also need a fucking "sell all junk" button. ALL games need this.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: October 25, 2012, 10:37:21 AM

I could deal with just a lack of junk.  I know the philosophy behind it, but I'm not one of those who needs constant drops and to see a full inventory.  Just give me the coin or auto-sell it on the spot.  (In all games, that is.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #64 on: October 25, 2012, 10:43:58 AM

I like junk fine, especially if some of the junk has names that amuse me. I'm just getting tired of having to dig through my bags to make sure I got rid of ALL of it. It amuses me that the game that HAS the sell-all-junk button even has a junk-first type of bag. GW2 and I are very similar in our attitudes towards junk, I guess. :P

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #65 on: October 25, 2012, 11:04:23 AM

They also need a fucking "sell all junk" button. ALL games need this.
There's an addon for this: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/sell-junk
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #66 on: October 25, 2012, 11:04:41 AM

I've got a 'sell all junk' mod I use but agree it should be standard.  The part I like about the mod is I can add anything to it, though.  Like all that goddamn food that seems to drop.  I destroyed a stack of peanut chicken skewers yesterday because I didn't realize I'd picked that much of the useless crap up off mobs.

I disagree with the vault aspect.  Make it currency. No damn reason to be taking up my bank space with as many different veg. stacks as are required for the nonsense of Cooking-for-faction. Keep in mind their argument for not expanding banks or your starter backpack is some sort of database thing. This eliminates that excuse because it's evidently trivial to add another line with a counter for factions & currencies.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 25, 2012, 11:48:36 AM

I've got a 'sell all junk' mod I use but agree it should be standard.  The part I like about the mod is I can add anything to it, though.  Like all that goddamn food that seems to drop.  I destroyed a stack of peanut chicken skewers yesterday because I didn't realize I'd picked that much of the useless crap up off mobs.

I disagree with the vault aspect.  Make it currency. No damn reason to be taking up my bank space with as many different veg. stacks as are required for the nonsense of Cooking-for-faction. Keep in mind their argument for not expanding banks or your starter backpack is some sort of database thing. This eliminates that excuse because it's evidently trivial to add another line with a counter for factions & currencies.
I don't think their current implimentation of "non bag" currency would work for the pandaran cooking ingredients though, because as far as I am aware, there is no way to trade any of the current "currency tab" currencies, which would suck if they made all your vegetables into currency and then you just needed 5 more carrots to cook something.

The best potential solution i can think of for the cooking ingredient thing, is to lower the max stack count for vegetables to say, 25, and then adjust the package / buyback ratios for the IronPaw Tokens.  Tie it to your rep with the Tillers or something, so that the baskets get signifigantly cheaper and you get more back from your token as you rep up (like at exalted, you get your full 100 vegies or 15 meat per token instead of 80 / 5 or something.

That would greatly encourage people to use Ironpaw tokens as a means of storing / swapping food, rather then just a gimmic solution now (the exchange rates, especially on fish / meat are way too punnishing).

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: October 25, 2012, 12:34:02 PM

10 and 25 man raids are no longer lockout joined when 5.1 comes.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: October 25, 2012, 12:37:10 PM

10 and 25 man raids are no longer lockout joined when 5.1 comes.

In Korea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 5.1  
Jump to: