Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:18:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: New BF2 patch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New BF2 patch  (Read 4325 times)
WayAbvPar

on: May 23, 2006, 03:32:01 PM

Linky

Battlefield 2 v1.3

Hi Everyone,

Patch 1.3 has now been released and is available for immediate download. The release of this patch is in line with our ongoing effort to make the game as enjoyable as possible, releasing quicker fixes addressing some of the things that you want to see changed.

New Features:

* Co-op: Players can now enjoy single player levels on Internet and LAN play with both Bots and human players. We have added a few options to allow the server admin to modify how the bots behave in game. Co-op play is not permitted on ranked servers.
    * Air Dropped Vehicles: Squad members can no send a request to commanders to drop vehicles at their location.

Bug Fixes & Gameplay Tweaks:

* Ban list will no longer be wiped in the event of a server crash.
    * Abandoned helicopters will no longer remain in flight.
    * If a player joins a squad while dead they will not be permitted to use the squad leader as a spawn point until they have spawned at a flag once.
    * Flag Capture bar will now react accurately to players entering the capture radius.
    * Friendly vehicles will no longer appear as valid targets for missile systems. The box with the X through it will still appear however the locked tone will not sound and missiles fired will not track the friendly target.
    * Fixed the crash that sometimes occurred when switching between game types.
    * Fixed a tech hang when creating a single player account from an offline account.
    * Fixed Issues with remote console and Linux servers.
    * Fixed the issue that prevented players from ranking up in-game when playing on their regular server.
    * Fixed the bug that altered mini map behavior.
    * Fixed issue with Special Forces rank names.
    * Fixed repairing HUD for the engineer when in a vehicle.

bf2patch1.3.exe - 438MB
bf2incrementalpatch1.22-1.3.exe - 83MB
bf2_server_1.3.exe - 297MB
server files for Linux v1.3 - 297MB

The team at Dice and EA

Air Dropped Vehicles? That sounds AWESOME! That will really add some new strategic flavor to the same old maps.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 04:02:18 PM

Sounds like a good time to reinstall it. Still don't have the expansions though (which is why I uninstalled in the first place).

How's third party stuff panning out anyways? Any good maps/servers/links I should know about?
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 04:09:16 PM

I don't know about the third party stuff, but you can play with the base game all you want. I have both expansions, yet I play on the regular servers 99.9% of the time. I hated the SF patch, and I keep meaning the check the Euro maps out but never seem to remember =)

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 09:15:36 AM

This patch is buggy. The server browser is acting up, but there are also client-related lag spikes and disconnections being reported by people who are trying to play for any length of time (I've seen it mysefl). You can be running along fine and suddenly "there is a problem with your connection", which appears to be some kind of client/server desynch bug.

BTW the dropped vehicles have become known as "cartillery" - you can kill people with them :)
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 10:01:01 AM

Hilarious! 

"Hey, there is the base.  We're almost there.  COME ON, MOVE OUT!"

WHAM!!!

"The sergeant was just taken out by a tank that dropped out of the sky!"

"Run Away!  Run Away!"
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 07:45:01 PM

This might amuse BF2 players - bit long, but has some funny moments: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5733044300866646599&q=pwned+life
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 01:12:56 AM

The game's been out for quite awhile now.. it's got to be around a year at least. It's surprising that there haven't been any decent mods for it by now. Then again, Far Cry lacks any decent mods as well, and that was supposed to be the new mod-grail...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 05:20:08 AM

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 06:40:16 AM

Heh. And I was just going to jump back in for a fix.

Luckily, I just bought some new games. Maybe next month, BF2.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 07:17:26 AM

Another thing about the dropped vehicles: clicky
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 09:36:46 AM

Go, go QA!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 11:03:57 AM

The game's been out for quite awhile now.. it's got to be around a year at least. It's surprising that there haven't been any decent mods for it by now. Then again, Far Cry lacks any decent mods as well, and that was supposed to be the new mod-grail...

Didn't EA essentially say that modders were just filthy pirates and hackers and thus they don't deserve to get BF2 mod tools?

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 11:32:20 AM

My friend got me playing again recently. So I went to DL the patch, ALL 450MB, HOLY HUGE PATCH!!!!. And so far (knock on wood) I havent had any of the problems people are bringing up.
WayAbvPar

Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 01:19:31 PM

The only thing I have noticed since the patch is a tad bit more latency. Nothing terribly unplayable, but just enough to be noticeable sometimes.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 12:15:41 AM

The only thing I have noticed since the patch is a tad bit more latency. Nothing terribly unplayable, but just enough to be noticeable sometimes.

You been luckier then me.  My client randomly closes itself down with no errors or warning.  Favorites is borked, but then again not like its ever been good, and at least once a gaming session (usually 2 hours or so) I get the client losing connection error and dropped from server. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 12:10:05 PM

One more thing I have noticed since the patch- the loading to the Account server (before choosing a server to play on) seems to take a lot longer. Played last night for a couple of hours- was high score on my team 3 or 4 times. Unfortunately my team was made up entirely of n00bs and/or retards, so it was kind of like medaling in the Special Olympics. We got our asses handed to us regularly.

If anyone wants to come play on the same servers- I usually play on Seattle Alpha-Kilo or ATF Shoot 'em and Dump 'em (or something like that). They seem to be slightly less retarded than the average server with admins who actively kick those who need it.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 12:13:15 PM

One more thing I have noticed since the patch- the loading to the Account server (before choosing a server to play on) seems to take a lot longer. Played last night for a couple of hours- was high score on my team 3 or 4 times. Unfortunately my team was made up entirely of n00bs and/or retards, so it was kind of like medaling in the Special Olympics. We got our asses handed to us regularly.

If anyone wants to come play on the same servers- I usually play on Seattle Alpha-Kilo or ATF Shoot 'em and Dump 'em (or something like that). They seem to be slightly less retarded than the average server with admins who actively kick those who need it.

I actually joined ya on the ATF one the other night, right when you logged off ya big jerk.  Decent server cept on my side everyone was in a squad of 1 man :p

WayAbvPar

Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 12:24:01 PM

Heh. I will keep an eye out for your name- it is Pharce or something, isn't it?

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 07:58:39 PM

Yeah that's it, probably be on tonight. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 09:33:25 AM

Didn't see you had joined until I killed ya by the Hotel flag on Karkand  evil evil

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 11:27:43 AM

I just joined the server that round so you didn't miss much.   You ended my 4-0 streak and I didn't even get to return the favor.  Next map booted me since I don't have the booster pack or something, is it worth buying, not many servers I regularly play on even use it. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 12:36:37 PM

That server just started using the Euro Maps recently (like this week). I really didn't like the one we played (Great Wall), but I haven't played any of the others yet. For $10, it is probably worth it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: New BF2 patch  
Jump to: