Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:28:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Blizzard celebrates 200 account closures per day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blizzard celebrates 200 account closures per day  (Read 2811 times)
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

on: December 22, 2005, 01:55:49 PM

World of Warcraft Accounts Closed  - Blizzard on 12/21/05
In keeping with Blizzard's aggressive stance against cheating in World of Warcraft, we have permanently closed more than 18,000 accounts over the past three months for participating in activities that violate the game's Terms of Use.

A majority of these accounts were found to be using third-party programs to farm gold and items. Such actions can severely impact the economy of a realm and the overall game enjoyment for all players.

We will continue to actively monitor all World of Warcraft realms in order to protect the service and its players from the negative effects of cheating. Please note that selling World of Warcraft content, such as gold, items, and characters, can result in the permanent removal of the involved accounts from World of Warcraft.

A portion of the account closures announced today came as the result of tips reported to our GMs in game or emailed to hacks@blizzard.com by legitimate World of Warcraft players. If you suspect that a World of Warcraft character is using an illegal third-party program to farm gold or items, or is otherwise violating our Terms of Use, please report the suspected infraction via one of the means listed above. All reports will be investigated, and those that prove false will not result in corrective action.

Thank you for your continued support, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!

-Blizzard Entertainment

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 03:35:52 PM

When you have 5 million subscribers, 18k is not even really a drop in the bucket...  about 1/3 of 1%.  And they are bandwidth leaches anyway, due to being 'on' 24/7 thanks to bots not having to eat or go to the restroom.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 03:45:12 PM

You'd think they could just trace them by banning people that spend a certain amount of hours online a day on average. Like anything over 18 hours would deserve a look.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 03:56:47 PM

Hey, you just really pissed off the catasses.

I approve.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 04:01:15 PM

They probably just hit one tenth of the IGE and Ogaming People's Army.
Sunbury
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 01:35:41 PM

This is win-win for Blizzard anyway.

It looks good to players they are 'cracking down' on cheaters.

The farmers just buy another box, level to 10, and hack away.

That's another box sale in the bank, and no loss of monthly rev.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 01:52:43 PM

IGE's website seems to be having some trouble. I sampled a bunch of WoW and EQ2 servers and clicking "buy" on any amount of gold fails.

I have never played WoW.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 01:56:53 PM

Yah, I do the same thing from time-to-time to see what's going on in the world of farming.  IGE and Yantis (mysupersales) have both been absent of gold for purchase since before the holidays.  At first I thought it might just be that they'd sold-out their stock as folks bought each-other presents, but I'm beginning to wonder.

I also noticed recently that the place that was always spamming me with in-game tells has stopped.  Wish I could remember the site so I could go and see if their stocks were kaput as well.  Player Auctions doesn't seem to have a lack of people, but that's not an organized business like Yantis/ IGE. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 02:01:57 PM

IGE's website seems to be having some trouble. I sampled a bunch of WoW and EQ2 servers and clicking "buy" on any amount of gold fails.

I'm looking at the checkout screen for Llane Horde side on IGE's site:

Gold 1,000
$70.83

If I supported child rape, I could have 1000 gold for a mere $71!

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 02:35:41 PM

I'm looking at the checkout screen for Llane Horde side on IGE's site:

Gold 1,000
$70.83

If I supported child rape, I could have 1000 gold for a mere $71!

You gotta comparison shop. I bet you could find 1,000 gold for under $65. Never overpay for child rape.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Blizzard celebrates 200 account closures per day  
Jump to: