Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:23:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Deus Ex Collection 75% off ($5 for GOTY edition and Invisible War together) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deus Ex Collection 75% off ($5 for GOTY edition and Invisible War together)  (Read 8095 times)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

on: April 20, 2010, 03:48:18 PM

As the title says Heart
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 03:59:08 PM

FYI, Deus Ex GOTY plays on Windows7 (at least under Nvidia drivers) just fine. The game seems harder than when I originally played it, but that's probably because I'm older, crankier and less patient.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 04:49:54 PM

I never made it through the demo of Deus Ex, but at $5 I might give it another shot.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 05:25:31 PM

I know you aren't forced to download Invisible War, but this would still be a better deal if they didn't include it. Not sure if there is a way to remove that particular stain from your My Games list once you've purchased?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 05:52:42 PM

FYI, Deus Ex GOTY plays on Windows7 (at least under Nvidia drivers) just fine. The game seems harder than when I originally played it, but that's probably because I'm older, crankier and less patient.

Did you bring the difficulty setting down from realistic? If I recall, the realism setting, which from its placement would seem to be the hardest, was actually easier with some character types due to the ability to kill so much stuff with a clean head/torso shot.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 07:37:42 PM

I know you aren't forced to download Invisible War, but this would still be a better deal if they didn't include it. Not sure if there is a way to remove that particular stain from your My Games list once you've purchased?
You can buy them separately.

I know I'm in the minority, however I liked the second better overall.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 07:49:17 PM

I just bought it for 2.50, I mean, why the hell not, thats like one tenth of a sparkly horse.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 08:40:23 PM

You can buy them separately.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
lesion

Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 08:53:08 PM

IW wasn't that bad. Get the community texture pack for optimal prettiness: http://www.john-p.com/textures/DX-IW/

steam|a grue \[T]/
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 08:59:14 PM

Tried to buy this, but Steam updated itself, and since then I can't seem to log in. Clicking "purchase" from the cart returns me to the front page, and entering my name and pass on the account sign-in does nothing.

Anyone else seeing that?

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 11:22:39 PM

I had to re-log in in myself for the first time in ages, but once I did everything worked fine. I'm using the beta client, though.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 02:53:12 AM

ACK!

I thought it was absolute filth, with way too much consoleitis and way too little of what made Deus Ex awesome. Then again, I've always been an absolute hater for anything even remotely resembling console controls or UI in an FPS game, I honestly don't even remember the story. Maybe I should take advantage of this just to see if I'm just being a grumpy bastard.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 04:09:49 AM

Might be a stupid question, but if Steam sells / offers DeusEx GOTY edition, and i already own that, will they take my registration code and allow me to add it to my steam games library?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 08:15:23 AM

They do that only for a few certain games.  Can't remember where the list is though.

Durr, google is my friend:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601#which

No Deus Ex it looks like.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 10:37:23 AM

The first game was pure win. I tried playing IW on the X-Box and could tell even there it was total shit. The physics engine was especially retarded.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 11:34:59 AM

The first game was awesome, although you could feel that there were some small gaps, story-wise. That was due to time-restraints, I believe.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 12:10:15 PM

Got these with the Eidos pack over the xmas sale. Now I have way too much to play before I think about retro gaming  Ohhhhh, I see.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 04:20:55 AM

Shit. I missed these. I mean, I have them on disc, but I like buying older stuff via steam for lunch money as a convenience.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 09:42:45 AM

Kind of pissed I missed this due to being on vacation.

-Rasix
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 06:54:21 PM

For Rasix, Azazel, and any one else that missed it,  for the next ~14 hours or so the same deal is going on in celebration of Deus Ex's 10th birthday.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 09:01:53 PM

Already got this, no idea if it was worth it haven't wanted to fuck about with the HQ textures yet.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 11:23:38 PM

For 2.49; fuck it. This will be a good thing to muck around with on the laptop while on break... There are no security risks using steam in a public wireless hotspot, right?
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 03:09:00 AM

Thanks for this, Segoris - I just picked them both up.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 07:59:28 AM

Yep, me too. Thanks for the heads up.  Now.. do I even try Invisible War? Morbidly curious.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 08:14:46 AM

The X-Box version of IW was pretty fucking bad. I didn't make it through 2 hours.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 03:03:52 PM

I bought the package, DE because my disc wasn't working anymore, and DE:IW because I figured I can get $2.50 worth of entertainment out of it.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 04:32:18 PM

Yep, me too. Thanks for the heads up.  Now.. do I even try Invisible War? Morbidly curious.
I enjoyed it, and while an outlier, it's possible you will, too.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 10:38:21 PM

do I even try Invisible War?

I played it on XBox and hated it because console FPS control always feels awkward to me.  Haven't tried it on PC yet (installing now) but with that complaint out of the way, I don't know that I'd call it a horrible game.  Not up to the level of the first DX, maybe, but there was definitely some fun to be had. 
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #28 on: June 25, 2010, 03:03:20 PM

No, no, Deus Ex 2 was really horrible. It was bad in pretty much every way it could be bad.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 25, 2010, 03:18:32 PM

I enjoyed it, and while an outlier, it's possible you will, too.
*finger pointing picture*

*again*

-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 26, 2010, 02:19:29 AM

You have it on steam, you probably have several dozen steam games in your library that you have never installed. Play them first.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Deus Ex Collection 75% off ($5 for GOTY edition and Invisible War together)  
Jump to: