Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:23:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League * 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League *  (Read 208720 times)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: July 12, 2011, 06:39:03 PM

Just played my first game with the giirls from My Little Pony Elves vs some Orcs by Bann.

3-0, but 2 dead linesmen (Dinky Hooves and Fluttershy) and 2 more out next game. I got a Strong Arm on a thrower though, and was able to buy a second thrower too.

These elves are REALLY weak though.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #246 on: July 12, 2011, 06:49:21 PM

Which sort of elves?

God Save the Horn Players
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: July 12, 2011, 07:32:07 PM

Pro Elves, or Amazons without the dodge as they are otherwise known. I pulled some dodgy elfy crap, and the score was actually 3-1 (I forgot an orc Blitzer who got an early second half Touchdown. I'm glad I bought 2 Babees, I had about 8 KO's in the game, and they came back every time. Probably should have got an apoc instead of an extra reroll though.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #248 on: July 12, 2011, 07:38:13 PM

They'll grow up and be cool one day, rite?  why so serious?

I keep thinking about making one myself for the f13 league, but who knows.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: July 12, 2011, 08:10:34 PM

It's a lot easier to add dodge than it is to add an agility point. Pro elf catchers are big fat cheaters.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #250 on: July 16, 2011, 01:20:27 AM

THE BLUE STEEL, my little pro elf team, has applied to the feeder league. <3

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #251 on: July 16, 2011, 02:13:15 AM

The Memerauders challenge THE BLUE STEEL to a walk off!

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #252 on: July 16, 2011, 02:37:08 AM

Anyone up for a match while I wait for Reborne to wake up? Hit me up on Steam.

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: July 16, 2011, 01:57:57 PM

If any feeder teams want to get smashed to bits by my Khemri, bug me on Steam.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #254 on: July 16, 2011, 03:40:23 PM

The Memerauders are on a five game winning streak.  Can they ever be stopped?!

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: July 16, 2011, 03:51:49 PM

I just HAD to upload that to BBM and look at the stats.  I was 0/3 in GFIs, 1/3 in pickups (about right for Khemri I suppose... though it's telling that I only attempted to pick the ball up 3 times), and 0/2 on regen rolls.  I was also nabbed for fouling twice, including one failed bribe (rolled 1/1 then 1).  In terms of blocking, I only had a 46% success rate, even though almost all of my blocks were 2d.  NOT my best effort.

Still no bodies at level 2 either... the Khemri demand more blood!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #256 on: July 16, 2011, 04:05:39 PM

The Bishoujo All Stars are 3 - 0 - 0 after today's win on Ice Cream Emperor. Too bad my best player, a catcher level 3, died in the process after managing to score a TD AND getting the MVP. So, one dead good catcher, 8 SPP down the drain, and a useless win. Weeee....

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: July 17, 2011, 07:11:53 PM

If anyone is looking for a match tonight, I'll be on for the next few hours.  I'd like to give me dwarf team a whirl.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: July 19, 2011, 07:54:40 AM

I wish there was way to advertise on Steam - I WANT A MATCH, MESSAGE ME.

If anyone interested in a match for the next 2 days, see me on steam. I need more practice with my Pro Elves. Easy punching bags I assure you! No dodgying.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: July 19, 2011, 09:35:09 AM

I wish there was way to advertise on Steam - I WANT A MATCH, MESSAGE ME.

If anyone interested in a match for the next 2 days, see me on steam. I need more practice with my Pro Elves. Easy punching bags I assure you! No dodgying.

If you see me on Steam, let me know if you want a match.  I'm in the mood to play my necro and dwarf teams.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: July 19, 2011, 10:34:29 AM

It was my Pro Elves for Hoes vs Ezrat's Elves for rouge rogues.

Score ended 5-1. I had to fire Pinky Pie after she lost 1 AG, 2 players are out for the next game, i only got 30K (meaning I still can't afford an apoc), but I did get dodge on a catcher and a blitzer.

And I won. Despite the other team outskilling me, and I started with 3 loners, and ended with 3 elves off the pitch, I was able keep grabbing the ball from the other side using my catcher - I love nerves of steel! A well placed Lighting bolt stopped one TD, and I BH his star catcher half way through.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: July 19, 2011, 10:54:24 AM

I need to work on my defense! To be fair, most of my TV advantage was due to my level 4 Catcher who got Badly Hurt early on (still my fault for not healing him though), and with my other Catcher out on injuries from last game I didn't have a lot to work with. Very well-played game by Comstar though.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: July 19, 2011, 08:22:53 PM

Who would have thought elves could be so bashy?  Comstars Pro elves KO'd all but 2 of my dudes for a 2-1 win.  I was doing pretty well (leading 1-0 at one point) until Nuffle proceeded to kick me in the nads.  On the plus side, my werewolf and one of my flesh golems leveled and now have block.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: July 19, 2011, 08:27:03 PM

I played a game of my pro elves for ginaz's necro team. With 4 loner linesmen, he was able to get some bloodwiser babes despite having a 200 Tl advantage.

It did him no good. 2-1 Elves over Necros. The Necro's ended the game with nothing but a zombie and a golem on the pitch. 3/4's of his team was KO'ed. I took a niggling injury to a catcher. I skilled up both a catcher AND a blitzer with +1AG, and the injured catcher took wrestle (I'm going to make him a dedicated ball attacker). He skilled up a werewolf and a golemm

Nuffle was truly a bitch to the Necro's this game. After the 2nd half where he had 3 players off the bitch, and the score was 1-1, I was pretty confident. By the end of turn 12 he had less than than 6 players on the pitch and I spent the next 4 turns trying to get another injury for my blitzer to level. I just got lots of KO's instead.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #264 on: July 19, 2011, 10:07:12 PM

Your level up rolls have been pretty damned impressive.  A blitzer and a catcher both with +AGI?  Awesome.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: July 20, 2011, 01:00:51 AM

Pro Elves 1 to Ruvaldt's Lizards 1. First game I've ended with no players injured beyond badly! I rolled a double skill for a blitzer...and got dodge. Who knew that there are blitzer who DON'T get strength skills by default?! A Lizard Sursus did the same thing.

I'm just not very good playing vs lizards. The St 4 big guys provide too much cover to the stunty dodgy FAST little ones. I got a early touch to the ball and got a quick touchdown, and was able to stop the lizards equalling back in the first half, but I couldn't HURT any of the little guys, despite doing everything I could including fouls. I got 1 KO that was out for the match, but that more than equalled the badly hurt 5AG Blitzer who didn't do anything. My AG5 Catcher never got a chance to show off his high AG either - I really need to get him Leap.

Second half was me slowing the lizards down, but not enough to stop them getting into a scoring position by turn 14. Ruvaldt decided to play cautions, a feature of his gameplay, and went for the certain draw rather than a possible loss. With my ability to get 2 turn TD's, I can't say I blame him either.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: July 20, 2011, 01:02:04 AM

Also anyone in Goonswarm should read my post in the games forums on goonfleet.com and signup for the Goonswarm Bloodbowl league.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #267 on: July 20, 2011, 02:27:39 AM

With my ability to get 2 turn TD's, I can't say I blame him either.

Yeah, that's exactly why I stalled for a turn.

It was a good game, and an even match.  I almost had a TD in the first half which would've resulted in a different ending, but failing that easy pass was a heartbreaker.  I knew after that I'd have to go for the tie or risk giving you the ball too many more times.

I ended up in a tie with ICE's dark elves as well immediately afterward though it was 2 - 2.  I'm liking these lizards; of the ten games I've played with them I've only lost once.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: July 20, 2011, 11:31:20 AM

With my ability to get 2 turn TD's, I can't say I blame him either.

Yeah, that's exactly why I stalled for a turn.

It was a good game, and an even match.  I almost had a TD in the first half which would've resulted in a different ending, but failing that easy pass was a heartbreaker.  I knew after that I'd have to go for the tie or risk giving you the ball too many more times.

I ended up in a tie with ICE's dark elves as well immediately afterward though it was 2 - 2.  I'm liking these lizards; of the ten games I've played with them I've only lost once.

Lizardmen are nice once you get them some skills, esp. with the Saurus.  Early on, though, they're can be very frustrating. Argh!
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: July 20, 2011, 12:54:54 PM

I played my 4th game with my Pro Elves vs IanC's Wood Elf team. 4-1 Pro Elves over Wood Elves. IanC ended up with 4 injuies and a KO, I had merc linesman off the pitch for fouling (who got the MVP dammit) and a thrower out for the next game. My Star Catcher got level 4, and now has Catch, Nerves of Steel, +1AG, Dodge and Leap - no defensive line can probably stop him. I also got max cash and now have 4 catchers. Pity my TV is now so high i can never use them in the main league.

I don't think IanC had played wood elves before - but after my usual quick 2 TD touchdown he spent a lot of time knocking my guys over - I ended the first half with 3 KO's and an injury, giving him a slight advantage, but I was able to hold him off from getting a TD in return. Vs Elves and Pro Elves with ST3 MV8 Catchers, you need to ALWAYS guard the ball carrier. Two of my TD's came about because a catcher ran up field and tagged and then hit the ball carrier with a 1D block (one vs a Wardancer who got badly injured in the process).

He didn't use the Wardancer Leap at all, and I think that's the key to them - the Wardancers are the best offensive blitzers in the game with it. His game ended with a failed pass from a Wardancer on the 2nd last turn, allowing me to run in an easy 4th TD I wouldn't have been able to do with anyone not elves.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:58:57 PM by Comstar »

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: July 20, 2011, 10:03:52 PM

5th game, this time vs Undead, who don't seem to be that popular these days for some reason. 3-2.  I'm now second in the league table behind the lizard team who I got a draw against. I just can't deal with Lizards.

I have a problem that despite getting lots of skills, Pro Elves have no way it seems to deal with big guys or high st teams. Only 2 Blitzers (though they are the best defensive blitzers in the game), no access to Strength skills means trying to break a cage that's been build very very hard. It didn't help that my Leaping AG catcher was KO'ed for 3/4s of the match. I suppose you end up making the catchers (Nerves of Steel is REALLY good) into sorta WarDancers.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #271 on: July 20, 2011, 10:08:11 PM

Speaking personally, I don't care for undead much because they have to rely on their ghouls, who have no regen and no apothecary to save them.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #272 on: July 20, 2011, 10:24:12 PM

I've never liked Undead teams.  Necromantic teams are much more fun and, I think, deep.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #273 on: July 20, 2011, 11:06:17 PM

I'm looking for feeder games this week and I'm incredibly rusty so hit me up on steam.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: July 20, 2011, 11:13:57 PM

I have a problem that despite getting lots of skills, Pro Elves have no way it seems to deal with big guys or high st teams.

It's certainly a weakness, but Dauntless is a general access skill, and certainly worth picking up on at least one linesman.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #275 on: July 20, 2011, 11:42:19 PM

I have a problem that despite getting lots of skills, Pro Elves have no way it seems to deal with big guys or high st teams.

It's certainly a weakness, but Dauntless is a general access skill, and certainly worth picking up on at least one linesman.

Not standing next to them works well for me, as Celer can attest.  awesome, for real

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #276 on: July 21, 2011, 07:45:01 AM

I've never liked Undead teams.  Necromantic teams are much more fun and, I think, deep.

I agree. I made an Undead team in the PUB leagues and played one game, didn't much like it at all. I made a Necro team in the feeder league and it's a much more interesting team.

I'll also be looking to play some feeder league games either tonight or Sunday. Trying to get that Necro and my Skaven team some TV.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #277 on: July 22, 2011, 01:48:18 PM

Oh Skaven, you never fail to bring me the highest highs and the lowest lows.

I've gotten 3 games in the last two days with my Skaven team. First I played Celer in a true nailbiter, winning the game 2-1 on the very last turn with a fantastic play on my part. Manage to get a gutter runner to level and get block, to go along with my guard Rat Ogre. I have enough money to either buy an apothecary or a thrower, so I opt for the latter.

So naturally, I get a little overconfident against Ruvaldt's humans. My first turn, the thrower fails a pickup. Second turn, he gets the ball, is set up for a long pass downfield which he ALSO fails. About the 4th or 5th turn, tragedy strikes. Lil Cracker, guarding Rat Ogre, is killed, making me rue the choice of the thrower over the Rat Ogre. Another useless linerat died later in the match. The thrower managed ONE fucking throw the whole game. It was SO SO BAD. Realizing I would need 90k to get another Rat Ogre, I seriously thought of ditching the team.

But no, I persevered. Strazos and I just completed a match, he with his Pro Elves. I won it 3-0, had some good play as well as the luck of Strazos getting really shitty dice most of the game. By the 11th or 12th turn, it was clear the dice were just fucking with him for the hell of it. I did have one great ladder play to score a 1-turn touchdown from about 3 spaces outside my own endzone. I ended up with 70k winnings (only 20k more for the new Rat Ogre!) and getting a Gutter Runner to level 3, where he promptly got a +1 STR to go with wrestle and dodge. Fear Nightcrawler, motherfuckers.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: July 22, 2011, 04:03:21 PM

If anyones looking for a game tonight, hit me up on Steam.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #279 on: July 22, 2011, 06:43:20 PM

getting a Gutter Runner to level 3, where he promptly got a +1 STR to go with wrestle and dodge. Fear Nightcrawler, motherfuckers.

That's a GR worthy of fouling.  Get him Side Step or maybe Tackle or Strip Ball...he'll be a menace.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: * f13 MatchMaking Feeder League *  
Jump to: