Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:06:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Next major patch announced: Apocrypha 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Next major patch announced: Apocrypha  (Read 87651 times)
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #280 on: March 02, 2009, 09:06:41 AM

I wouldn't bet on that.  My guess is that this skill loss thing is their answer to the fact that if there are finite skills, there will be characters that will learn every skill in finite time.  Either they keep adding new systems, or put some sort of system that keeps on giving (and taking).

So I'm arguing that this skill loss thing might be a keystone of the expansion, to provide a skillpoint-sink.

Witty banter not included.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: March 03, 2009, 10:25:22 AM

Probing is pretty sweet looking now it's been totally revamped. The launchers only use 15 CPU so you can fit all sorts of other stuff to your covops you only have one type of probe available you change the range of it in the scanner screen. The probe scan range sphere on the map has been updated nicely and it's seems to be a lot faster I'm just getting my head around it now but it's all looking good so far. Not to mention being able to recall probes and switching between solar system map and universe map is a helluva lot faster than before.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 10:27:19 AM by Amarr HM »

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: March 03, 2009, 10:54:45 AM

Probing is pretty sweet looking now it's been totally revamped. The launchers only use 15 CPU so you can fit all sorts of other stuff to your covops you only have one type of probe available you change the range of it in the scanner screen. The probe scan range sphere on the map has been updated nicely and it's seems to be a lot faster I'm just getting my head around it now but it's all looking good so far. Not to mention being able to recall probes and switching between solar system map and universe map is a helluva lot faster than before.

The launchers only use 15 CPU for the ones that only scan for wormholes/plexes. Its there so that everyone can fit the requisite scanner required for you to actually go into wormhole space and successfully leave.

Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: March 03, 2009, 11:25:26 AM

So a recon/combat probe launcher is still a separate module?

Ugh, if so.

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #284 on: March 03, 2009, 12:11:24 PM

Wait, can I still launch all my probes from one launcher (like my sisters scan probe launcher), or do I need a special launcher to look for wormholes now?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #285 on: March 03, 2009, 12:57:40 PM

Wait, can I still launch all my probes from one launcher (like my sisters scan probe launcher), or do I need a special launcher to look for wormholes now?

No, if you can fit the high CPU one you can launch all your probes from the same launcher.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: March 03, 2009, 01:03:43 PM

Probing is pretty sweet looking now it's been totally revamped. The launchers only use 15 CPU so you can fit all sorts of other stuff to your covops you only have one type of probe available you change the range of it in the scanner screen. The probe scan range sphere on the map has been updated nicely and it's seems to be a lot faster I'm just getting my head around it now but it's all looking good so far. Not to mention being able to recall probes and switching between solar system map and universe map is a helluva lot faster than before.

The launchers only use 15 CPU for the ones that only scan for wormholes/plexes. Its there so that everyone can fit the requisite scanner required for you to actually go into wormhole space and successfully leave.

Ah I see. Currently placing a probe is identical to placing POS modules so it's kinda finnicky in other words.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 01:23:22 PM by Amarr HM »

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: March 03, 2009, 03:14:07 PM

So have the SpreadSheet gods figured out if the new or current new character system is superior?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: March 03, 2009, 03:54:53 PM

So have the SpreadSheet gods figured out if the new or current new character system is superior?

Respec is better for non-achura. Current Achura are still maximized. New players get nearly universally fucked on skills in the early part of the game. Makes making fast purpose built alts stupidly easy.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #289 on: March 03, 2009, 04:05:14 PM

Achura being the 99993 gods with tiny tiny heads?

sanctuary
Terracotta Army

Reply #290 on: March 03, 2009, 09:30:20 PM

^^ and big noses. Female achura can look alright. Khanid aren't quite as good as achura stat wise but imo look alot better.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: March 03, 2009, 10:58:57 PM

Male Khanid have that psuedo stormtrooper look going for them, with their hood/mask thing.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: March 04, 2009, 10:14:36 AM

Male Khanid have that psuedo stormtrooper look going for them, with their hood/mask thing.

They look pretty good without it.

See; My avatar.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: March 06, 2009, 11:59:28 AM

They look pretty good without it.

See; My avatar.

I can't actually see your avatar here. :(

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #294 on: March 06, 2009, 04:46:42 PM

The de-profitization of Delve has begun!

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=641
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #295 on: March 07, 2009, 04:55:20 AM

List of things not normally found in Providence:

Arkonor
Bistot
Crokite
Mercoxit
Officers
Gas clouds
*New gas clouds
*New gas related npc's

* indicated recent addition

We are anti booster, so I guess it does not matter.  Maybe one day ccp will give us a bit of a boost, after all, not every system has an outpost yet.  This expansion has nothing of interest for me =(
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #296 on: March 07, 2009, 06:57:44 AM

For all you know, a wormhole between Inflatable House or Deliverence Reclaimed and Amarr could spawn  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #297 on: March 07, 2009, 09:55:46 AM

We are anti booster, so I guess it does not matter.  Maybe one day ccp will give us a bit of a boost, after all, not every system has an outpost yet.  This expansion has nothing of interest for me =(

You guys get laser effect upgrades!

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: March 08, 2009, 11:00:15 AM

Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: March 09, 2009, 07:45:22 AM

I initially read it as New Blog About Scamming...  awesome, for real

From reading that, I get the impression that you can launch probes from your current
position and warp them to target areas to scan, rather than warping there yourself
and launching the probe. Am I reading this correctly?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 07:54:16 AM by Predator Irl »

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: March 09, 2009, 08:08:54 AM

I initially read it as New Blog About Scamming...  awesome, for real

From reading that, I get the impression that you can launch probes from your current
position and warp them to target areas to scan, rather than warping there yourself
and launching the probe. Am I reading this correctly?

Yes exactly like that, initial impression is that it's closer to the previous scanning system (triagulation, overlap, personal skill etc) as opposed to the current system where probe strength is all important.

Also being able to recover probes rather than just tossing them away is rather tasty if you're rather frugal or in a situation where resupply is a pain (null sec)

edit button addict.
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: March 10, 2009, 11:33:18 AM

Patch is available for download now, time to see if Eve has been destroyed!!!

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: March 10, 2009, 11:42:11 AM

Also being able to recover probes rather than just tossing them away is rather tasty if you're rather frugal or in a situation where resupply is a pain (null sec)

Or stuck in a wormhole you haven't found the exit of yet.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #303 on: March 10, 2009, 12:16:35 PM

Patch is available for download now, time to see if Eve has been destroyed!!!

And, as usual, the manual patch process is again a big bag of fail here. Guess I wait 'til they put the autopatcher up again or I download the whole client yet again before I get back to my pew pew lazors.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: March 10, 2009, 01:44:43 PM

BTW, they do have a story running via news, just like with the last expansion, but it's a little bit buried within the Apocrypha website.  Here.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: March 10, 2009, 01:51:06 PM

Well my main character can't log in anymore. I just had to petition about it on an alt.  Hurray for database problems!
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #306 on: March 10, 2009, 02:08:41 PM

Well my main character can't log in anymore. I just had to petition about it on an alt.  Hurray for database problems!

It's a new feature, you have to use your alt to probe out a wormhole for your main to get onto Tranquility with.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #307 on: March 10, 2009, 06:52:21 PM

30 mins on my download, totally forgot to start this when I got home earlier.

- Viin
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: March 10, 2009, 07:03:46 PM

Same.  Two of three installed so far.   Ohhhhh, I see.
sanctuary
Terracotta Army

Reply #309 on: March 10, 2009, 10:43:16 PM

Anyone notice the prices for the skillbooks for the strategic cruiser. Amarr is at 14M, while gallente et al are 1.4M. The Amarr cost seems reasonable, when you include the cost of the subsystems is about 25M. But i'm reluctant to buy it if the price will go down to match the other races.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #310 on: March 10, 2009, 10:52:56 PM

Took me several hours to download the patch.  It was corrupted.

Several more hours to download it again.  It was corrupted.

Welp.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #311 on: March 10, 2009, 11:01:07 PM

I musta got lucky on this. This is my first real patch day in EVE and it went damn smoothly. Brought the patch down at almost 2 megs a second, installed and fired up without a hitch. I was pretty impressed.
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: March 10, 2009, 11:19:47 PM

My first PC took about 7 hours to auto patch, other than needing to retry several times around 75% it went smoothly

My main PC however wasn't even starting the download so eventually after 4 hours I just started downloading the full client and went to bed :-(

I'm slightly concerned that I could only see a download for premium when I actually want premium lite
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: March 11, 2009, 02:22:18 AM

I'm slightly concerned that I could only see a download for premium when I actually want premium lite

Its the same client, if you can't run SM 3.0 you will run SM 2.0.

Game will run faster and look a lot better after the patch
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #314 on: March 11, 2009, 04:16:59 AM

Eve-o thread with a list of currently confirmed issues.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1018302

Jita
Workaround:
It's very busy, stay away if possible!

It was reported that Jita is laggy with 350 in Local. Skills that finished training during downtime reverted to 0SP. A good time not to be a GM.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Next major patch announced: Apocrypha  
Jump to: