Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:46:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Tron Legacy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tron Legacy  (Read 138347 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: November 09, 2010, 10:41:36 AM

I'd love to see someone get put into a computer and then get pwned within the first 10secs by some l33t promgram that has been pvping his entire life. Right before your pixels disperse you would get a taste of digital teabagging firsthand.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: November 09, 2010, 10:56:52 AM

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #142 on: November 09, 2010, 11:40:20 AM

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-news/tron-legacy-pro-street-cbr-r1-lightcycle-for-sale-on-ebay-ar92823.html

Still love to at least see a real light cycle on the street. Probably handle like shit and what-not, but nothing can out-do the cool factor of ripping this down a busy city street about 11pm at night.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: November 09, 2010, 11:49:06 AM

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-news/tron-legacy-pro-street-cbr-r1-lightcycle-for-sale-on-ebay-ar92823.html

Still love to at least see a real light cycle on the street. Probably handle like shit and what-not, but nothing can out-do the cool factor of ripping this down a busy city street about 11pm at night.

Fuck. Yeah.

Nearly twice the price of a MV Augusta F4RR though.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: November 09, 2010, 02:08:48 PM

Where the hell is the Tron 'program' in all of this??
I'm gonna assume he's in there somewhere... just no mention of it in the trailers.

I have been following this on failbook since I fan'd it. Nice teaser trailers and what-not, but this was my question too. Have to wait and see, but since no mention of Tron the program make me think he was destroyed... Maybe Flynn wrote another CLU program which went rogue? no ideas.
For a mild spoiler:
Also, regarding the Sirens, there is a full scene with them where they get Sam "suited up" so he looks like a proper program, which is pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:12:03 PM by SurfD »

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: November 09, 2010, 02:10:39 PM

They should have named the sequel Troff.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #146 on: November 09, 2010, 03:52:41 PM

I see what you did there.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: November 09, 2010, 03:59:06 PM

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: November 09, 2010, 05:30:53 PM

I got a feeling some young guy was infatuated with Tron, rose through the ranks in Disney, and put himself into a position of power to be able to green light a sequel, at which point he made sure it was chock full of gamer nerdcore sexual fluff like those Sirens.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: November 09, 2010, 05:46:03 PM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1104001/

Looking at the cast list, Alan is back which means TRON should still be around though most likely in quarantine somewhere.

And CLU 2.0? Would have been classier to make it some insane number like 3.1.1  why so serious?

fakeedit: I also think it funny Olivia is topping the list before Bridges.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #150 on: November 09, 2010, 09:52:02 PM

Olivia should be on the top of everything.

Starting with me.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: November 10, 2010, 12:02:31 AM

Looking at the cast list, Alan is back which means TRON should still be around though most likely in quarantine somewhere.

You didn't watch the trailer?  Alan's in it - he's the one telling Sam that he's just got a page from Kevin's office.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: November 10, 2010, 01:21:59 AM

Taken as a whole though, could there be more of a boner movie ever devised?  

Not to derail too badly but I'd say pretty much any movie with Michelle Pfeiffer.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: November 10, 2010, 05:04:24 AM

You didn't watch the trailer?  Alan's in it - he's the one telling Sam that he's just got a page from Kevin's office.

Jesus I completely missed that.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: November 11, 2010, 10:48:47 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk6pNcLDL_I

so, daft punk are actually inside the computer. Not enough  DRILLING AND MANLINESS faces to describe that really.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: November 11, 2010, 02:15:25 PM

Was that Bowie in the video with the cane? awesome, for real

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: November 11, 2010, 02:18:56 PM

It was Frost.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: November 11, 2010, 02:24:02 PM

It was Frost.

I had to search to figure out what that meant. I R behind on movies.

:(

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: November 11, 2010, 02:28:34 PM

It's actors I'm behind on, not roles. Couldn't remember his real name.

awesome, for real

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: November 12, 2010, 05:56:02 AM

Has anyone seen the original Tron recently?  If so, how does it hold up?

Reason I ask is because I don't think I've seen in since it came out, and I don't remember any of it.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #160 on: November 12, 2010, 06:22:36 AM

"Tron" has its charms. What sets is apart the most is its appearance and imagination - characters are acting are (at best) so-so.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: November 12, 2010, 06:53:54 AM

I think it's much as it always was: a kind of stiffness in the acting and storytelling that ends up working in favor of the film as it accentuates the feeling of a machine-like, cold mood inside the computer world, makes the programs feel like abbreviated, not fully alive intelligences. Most the visuals still impress me a lot, except for the weird bit with the grid bugs near the end, which always stood out as a visual failure.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: November 12, 2010, 07:20:40 AM

Has anyone seen the original Tron recently?  If so, how does it hold up?

Reason I ask is because I don't think I've seen in since it came out, and I don't remember any of it.

It's been running on Sky Movies for a couple of months now, clearly building from the Hype.  Elena LOVES IT.  She watches it every time it's on.  For my part, it's just as cool as I remember it and in HD it's really quite nice to look at.  It's an utterly ridiculous story that simply can't be taken at face value at all, but it's Tron so who gives a ratfuck.  (In particular, the corporate storyline is simply laughable.)

It holds up quite well, but it's an effects movie and it always was.  I suspect strongly that the Follow up will be much the same and, frankly, just as good.

tldr: Four Year Olds, dude.

Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: November 12, 2010, 07:56:25 AM

Sadly, I had this on VHS for the longest time and ignored it. Ever since my mass tape purge, I missed it so I picked it off a torrent. I echo what everyone said so far, it's dated but it such a way that it knits itself nicely in the timeframe of when the movie came out. You can almost forgive the raw nature of it given the raw nature of computer technology at that time. I watch it more for the nostalgia factor. It's one of my top 10 in that respect.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: November 12, 2010, 08:12:38 AM

For my part, it's just as cool as I remember it and in HD it's really quite nice to look at. 

It should look great in HD, it was filmed in 70mm (which was to 35mm what HD is to 480i).

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: November 24, 2010, 08:13:14 AM

Tron "Real Life" cycle game.  Build walls by walking around and force other players into walls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sozl5eQLsFY&feature=player_embedded
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: November 24, 2010, 10:21:10 AM

Tron "Real Life" cycle game.  Build walls by walking around and force other players into walls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sozl5eQLsFY&feature=player_embedded

Why hasn't someone made more crazy mobile game like this, or am I just behind the times again?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: November 24, 2010, 10:50:13 AM

Because most people don't wanna be sued when some asshole lets his IPhone lead him into traffic.

Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: November 24, 2010, 12:09:33 PM

A quote from the original that strikes home, as I spend my days in corporate IT:

Dr. Walter Gibbs: User requests are what computers are for!
Ed Dillinger: DOING OUR BUSINESS is what computers are for.

And some philosophy:

Kevin Flynn: Like the man says, there's no problems, only solutions.

Dumont: All that is visible must grow beyond itself, and extend into the realm of the invisible.

I agree with pretty much everything you all have said regarding the film and how it's held up over time. Carlos' score has some truly excellent moments too ("Sea of Simulation" being one of my favorites).

I'm pretty geeked for Tron Legacy.

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: November 24, 2010, 07:17:51 PM

Because most people don't wanna be sued when some asshole lets his IPhone lead him into traffic.

Better or worse than someone running a pedestrian over because they were texting instead of paying attention?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: November 25, 2010, 12:40:56 AM

I'm entirely indifferent.   Assholes with Iphones need to die anyway.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: November 25, 2010, 01:46:47 AM

Why hasn't someone made more crazy mobile game like this, or am I just behind the times again?

Not quite the same but I have got Zombie, Run! on my Android which can make a walk/run in the woods more entertaining.  Downside being that it absolutely eats battery when the GPS is on.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #172 on: November 25, 2010, 06:18:07 AM

I'm entirely indifferent.   Assholes with Iphones need to die anyway.

As the designated asshole with an iPhone representative: Fuck you. DRILLING AND MANLINESS

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: December 06, 2010, 09:08:48 PM

The soundtrack is available for $4 as mp3s on Amazon.com as of ten minutes ago.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #174 on: December 06, 2010, 09:41:22 PM

Heres the actual link if its not obvious to you (took me a bit to find it):
http://www.amazon.com/Tron-Legacy-Amazon-Exclusive-Version/dp/B004FDPOHC/ref=dm_cd_album_bb

I went ahead and just downloaded the album illegally anyways to see if I like it, I'll decide to buy it after I've heard the tracks.  awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Tron Legacy  
Jump to: