Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:10:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Tron Legacy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tron Legacy  (Read 138347 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #105 on: July 23, 2010, 06:37:03 AM

In mother UK fender is bumper. I preferred Ironwood's though.

Same in Canada. A fender is the part of the car over the wheel well.

I stalled out around 27. Tiger Heli? Whose retarded cousin named that game?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: July 23, 2010, 09:37:20 AM

I wonder how safe that Light Cycle is without movie magic keeping it on the road.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: July 23, 2010, 11:49:12 AM

I just wonder how it is cornering.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: July 23, 2010, 11:52:04 AM

Wouldn't those casings over the wheels limit its ability to lean, and also its turning ability?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: July 23, 2010, 12:30:42 PM

Turning is overrated when your motorcycle is made out of AWESOME.

- Viin
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #110 on: July 23, 2010, 01:00:15 PM

The film was shot entirely in 3-D, Kosinski said, using cameras developed by James Cameron.

Michael Sheen, another star of the film, noted that "Tron: Legacy" is actually in 4-D.

"It's a 4-D film because Jeff Bridges brings an extra dimension of awesomeness," Sheen said.

Can't argue with that.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #111 on: July 23, 2010, 01:08:51 PM

The film was shot entirely in 3-D, Kosinski said, using cameras developed by James Cameron.

Michael Sheen, another star of the film, noted that "Tron: Legacy" is actually in 4-D.

"It's a 4-D film because Jeff Bridges brings an extra dimension of awesomeness," Sheen said.

Can't argue with that.

So it is written, so shall it be.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: July 23, 2010, 03:29:25 PM

Wouldn't those casings over the wheels limit its ability to lean, and also its turning ability?

I dunno. Would the casings cause problems with a Light Cycle turning instant 90 degree corners and leaving a solid wall of light behind it?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #113 on: July 23, 2010, 06:27:37 PM

That's not light, that's concentrated awesome.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: July 23, 2010, 09:50:13 PM

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: July 24, 2010, 11:58:48 AM

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: July 25, 2010, 01:42:22 AM

Soundtrack samples are starting to pop up. Several are here:

Getting chills.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: July 26, 2010, 05:56:19 AM

Do femme TRON programs have vaginas?   Insert the awesome here

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: July 26, 2010, 11:56:31 AM

I dunno. Would the casings cause problems with a Light Cycle turning instant 90 degree corners and leaving a solid wall of light behind it?

I was talking about the real one.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: July 26, 2010, 01:24:52 PM

Perhaps the casing will probably just hide the wheel, meaning it'll turn inside of it while the casing remains static.  If the wheel is a slick tire, you wont be able to tell the difference.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: July 28, 2010, 05:35:22 PM

Do femme TRON programs have vaginas?   Insert the awesome here

You know, from the first movie, I would have said No. But the sequel seems to having the world of Tron be a bit more like the 'real' one. So maybe?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: July 28, 2010, 06:17:09 PM

Sex is but a game inside the machine.
That, and/or simply a merging of two files.   awesome, for real

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: July 28, 2010, 07:11:10 PM

Sex is but a game inside the machine.
That, and/or simply a merging of two files.   awesome, for real

They should have two programs cybering in the background of a scene, and since the programs resemble the users, it would be a couple of programs that look like fat 30something nerds.  awesome, for real swamp poop

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: July 28, 2010, 07:22:29 PM

I would fear meeting any Japanese dating sims or oh gawd, second life in tron.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: July 28, 2010, 07:45:17 PM

I wonder how much influence Tron 2.0 The Game had on this. Also: it's sad that it's non-canon now.

Edit: sad, not said.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 05:33:47 PM by Lorekeep »

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: July 29, 2010, 12:01:09 PM

That's new.  Everything I've heard about the game so far was that they worked closely with the movie makers to tie the stories together.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: July 29, 2010, 05:32:57 PM

Tron 2.0 was the game from yesteryear where Jet Bradley was the star.

More information.

It was a pretty good game. I'm sure they referenced the IP additions they made when making this movie.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: July 29, 2010, 07:38:58 PM

Yeah, the Tron 2.0 game was based around the adventures of Jet Bradly, son of Alan Bradly, during some kind of hostile takeover of the Encom company by an agency who wanted to use the Digitization tech to create the ultimate Cyber Spys.

Tron Legacy is based on the adventures of Kevin Flynn and his son.

I imagine they might not be able to keep Tron 2.0 in continuity, because of the things that happen in the corporate side of Encom, rather then anything that might happen in the Digital Space.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: July 29, 2010, 08:00:19 PM

Nah, Tron 2.0 has nothing to do with Tron Legacy. I can't find any primary sources, but a few minutes of googling should dredge up an interview or two.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: July 29, 2010, 08:14:41 PM

Nah, Tron 2.0 has nothing to do with Tron Legacy. I can't find any primary sources, but a few minutes of googling should dredge up an interview or two.
Well, some of the confusion may come from one of the plot devices in Tron 2.0, where you are searching for the "Tron Legacy Code", some old code for the original Tron Program that was not compiled into the "build" that was the Tron program in the first movie.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: July 30, 2010, 08:20:56 PM

I know Tron 2.0 isn't canon, I was referring to the new game that they are making to coincide with the movie.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: August 03, 2010, 11:00:36 PM

There were plans for a Tron 2.0 movie being batted around at the time the game came out.  Mentions were made of 'hip new generations of young users with extreme digital sports', so it's probably for the best that it was never made, because it sounded utterly retarded.

And yeah, the 2.0 and Legacy versions of the future of Tron are pretty mutually exclusive.  Legacy Alan seems oblivious of the digital world, which wouldn't've been possible had the events in 2.0 occurred.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: August 03, 2010, 11:56:19 PM

Not that I disagree that 2.0 and Legacy are incompatible, but Alan had that knowing smile look when he says "wouldn't that be something" in the trailer, so I suspect he does know.

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: August 04, 2010, 01:15:34 AM

Yeah that's the feeling I get too. Flynn and Alan were friends. He woulda told him about it, probably at great length. Hell, they still had the laser. He might have taken him there...!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: October 23, 2010, 02:50:07 AM

Arcade Aid has been updated to 167 challenges. yarrrrrrgh :D

http://www.arcadeaid.com/
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 02:51:39 AM by stu »

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Luxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: November 09, 2010, 09:20:45 AM

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #136 on: November 09, 2010, 09:43:53 AM

Fuck. Yeah.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: November 09, 2010, 09:44:52 AM

Where the hell is the Tron 'program' in all of this??
I'm gonna assume he's in there somewhere... just no mention of it in the trailers.

In re. this new trailer:   Heart

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #138 on: November 09, 2010, 10:17:37 AM

Where the hell is the Tron 'program' in all of this??
I'm gonna assume he's in there somewhere... just no mention of it in the trailers.

I have been following this on failbook since I fan'd it. Nice teaser trailers and what-not, but this was my question too. Have to wait and see, but since no mention of Tron the program make me think he was destroyed... Maybe Flynn wrote another CLU program which went rogue? no ideas.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: November 09, 2010, 10:39:09 AM

Mmmmk, I figured out who those loadout programs were.  They're called 'sirens.'
Google-Image these names and feast thine eyes:

-Serinda Swan
-Beau Garrett  (the lead siren)
-Yaya Dacosta
-Elizabeth Mathis

They should rename this flick Tron: Sexorrz.
Taken as a whole though, could there be more of a boner movie ever devised?  You're combining sensory overloading graphics in a gaming environment, complete with gladiatorial games, sick weapons, and femme fatale types who dress you and say how badass you are... whilst riding superbikes, hovertanks, and digi-gunships.  I will be very surprised if this game errr movie fails.  And uhhh, how can I move to this place?  Someone build me a fuckin molecular de/re-constructing laser!   Tantrum
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:50:14 AM by Ghambit »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Tron Legacy  
Jump to: